Job Title…………………. Accountant
This position requires accounting work of some difficulty and the maintenance of a complete set of accounts and fiscal records for the capture and summarization of financial transactions utilizing a computerized dealership management system. Knowledge of accounting theory, principles and procedures is a position requirement. The position is responsible for the operation of all accounting related features of the dealership management software, the preparation of financial and statistical reports for dealership management and for the submission of monthly financial information to Harley-Davidson Motor Company.
Key Result Areas
- General Ledger Entries
- Receivables, Payables, Cash Management & Regulatory Compliance
- Auditing & Report Writing
- Financial Analysis
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) General Ledger
- Resolve accounting issues as they arise in the daily processing of dealership transactions.
- Investigate and trace errors and record adjustments to correct inadvertent postings to incorrect accounts.
- Reconcile all subsidiary ledgers to general ledger control balances monthly. In some cases, maintain spreadsheets or other auxiliary sub-ledgers to supplement standard accounting software capabilities.
2) Receivables, Payables, Cash Management & Regulatory Compliance
- Prepare daily bank deposits by compiling and reconciling accounting reports and media from point of sale cash drawers with receipts accepted in currency, checks and credit cards.
- Maintain vendor records and track outstanding obligations payable by due date so as to optimize cash flow and take full advantage of attractive vendor payment terms.
- Examine and distribute vendor invoices and other payment requests to appropriate general ledger account classifications.
- Issue checks in payment of merchandise purchases, supplies, services and customer accommodations.
- Compile payroll information for submission to an external payroll.
- Comply with Department of Motor Vehicle regulations, file all required reports, and remit all payments on a timely basis.
- Comply with all taxing authority requirements, make timely deposits of required taxes and file tax returns as required.
3) Auditing & Report Writing
- Audit and resolve any anomalies encountered in daily financial transactions as recorded by others in dealer management system modules and execute the daily transfer of transactions from dealer management system modules to the accounting software in use.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prepare and review monthly trial balances, general ledger detail postings, financial statements and other financial reports and statistics. Investigate any anomalies and prepare general journal entries to adjust accounts and reports to appropriate amounts. Distribute reviewed financial reports to management together with narrative comments to assist in understanding important results and trends.
4) Financial Analysis
- Execute dealer management system reports to generate statistical information for submission to the Harley-Davidson Dealer DashboardTM. Submit financial and statistical data to the Harley-Davidson Dealer DashboardTM using dealership management system features or through h-dnet.com on the Internet.
- Prepare special financial analyses as directed by management.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in accounting
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and experience with Microsoft Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively to resolve problems with other dealership employees, suppliers, Harley-Davidson representative and governmental agencies.
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Century Harley-Davidson is a full service Harley dealership located in Medina, OH. We have a Sales, Parts, MotorClothes, Service and...