CENTURY LINK

CENTURY LINK Employer Reviews

very negative place
Account Manger (Former Employee), Apopka, FLJune 18, 2014
I do not want to review this job management was awful had t check your payout closley
Fun place to work
Circuit Tester (Current Employee), Leesburg, FLJune 16, 2014
Pros: the people and the culture are great.
Cons: pay for contractors is lower than it should be, but that is the nature of the game.
I honestly have never met a group (and there are about 40 on this team) who cares so much about helping new people learn and succeed. Really nice, caring people. I am a contractor, so my time there is probably limited but I hope it wont be.
Century Link National Service Data Implemenation
Provisioning Engineer I (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 9, 2014
The typical days are spent configuring, testing, and activating customer circuits

I have learned about Frame relay encapsulation, MPLS network, IPSec tunnels, T1 / T3 and ethernet technologies. Also learned a lot about other routers such as Juniper, AdTran, Alcatal. Learned the ins and outs of BGP routing for both private MPLS and public internet.

Hardest – more... part of the job is the troublshooting of issues across multiple routing operating systems and various types of customer networks.

The job is not micromanaged so there is not pressure from managment as long as you are doing your job. – less
I worked from home for a telecommunications company
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJune 3, 2014
Pros: bonuses, breaks and lunches
Cons: at home all the time
I loved the customer service position that I held for the company. I enjoyed talking to people on the phone, however, I was not a good fit for working at home. I prefer to be around people.
Highly skilled professional team management
Computer Technician, Information Technology (Former Employee), KansasJune 3, 2014
Challenging, motivational, skilled and professional environment
Sales Manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 30, 2014
I learn the company give great rewards for jobs well done. I had great coworkers who unilaterally shared information to insure success.
has its ups and downs
Operations Technician - CONTRACT (Former Employee), Leesburg, FLMay 28, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: short breaks, uptight
workload throughout the day is pretty easy, co workers are friendly..for the most its a good work day . very uptight when it comes personal life emergencies that may arise.
Excellent computer and communications skills
Administration Assistant (Current Employee), Hickory, NCMay 25, 2014
Pros: independent work
Cons: not permanent work
Communicate with supervisors via phone/email/chat on work that needs to be done. Run daily reports. Update technicians schedules. Complete damage facilities claims. Enjoy corresponding with coworkers.
Large Bureaucracy
Critical Date Analyst (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHMay 16, 2014
Good benefits but old corporate mentality. They do things because that's the way they have always done them.
Learning experience.
Center Sales and Sevice Associate (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 21, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management
Been through a lot of changes at this company. My cheese has been moved immensely. From the changing of the guard, to being on a different team every month. you name it.....I experienced it. It's time to move on. This is a company that needs to get real. However I'm not going to stick around to see if they figure it out. Arrivederci! Century Link or – more... who ever you will be in a few years. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Retention/Sales (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 15, 2014
While working with CenturyLink I would take inbound calls for customer that wanted to disconnect their accounts with CenturyLink and try to retain their business by offering discounts, products and solutions. I learned how to effectively deescalate a customer who was upset with the company and turn their attitude around about their products. The management – more... was always helpful with their coaching and support on the floor, they were also amazing at finding advancement opportunities to those who are looking for them. The most difficult part of this job was having an upset customer on the line who needed to vent about the company. The best part was when I would meet and over exceed my retention goals and make someones day by saving them money on their monthly bill. – less
productive and fun work place
Business Collections Representative (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAApril 14, 2014
Responsible for providing friendly customer service to all customer, collecting funds on past due and delinquent account to large businesses that were more than 60 days in ares, such as Wal-Mart, Lowe’s and large Law Offices, Government accounts such as DFAS. Assist customer with reasonable payment arrangements to restore services with the services – more... that were provided. Maintained large spreadsheets that contained over 2800 accounts on a monthly base. Initiate customers to upgrade current services and often sell new services to customers. Maintained a monthly quota on an average of 10,000 a call on income and outgoing. – less
Amazing Job
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee), Margate, FLApril 14, 2014
Cons: company cut backs
awesome enviorment, call center with family setting although a large company .
Great commission if you are willing to sell
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tarboro, NCMarch 31, 2014
Pros: commission
Cons: sales
Typical day at work consists of some troubleshooting, sales regularly, and some complaints. Management is fair and will work with you if you are willing to progress. Co-workers can be anti-social at times but it depends on the person. Hardest part can be selling due to cost at times.
As a job it is fine, but not for a career.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 24, 2014
Pros: i was able to work from home telecommuting.
Cons: the constant changing of company policies.
When I started with Century Link I enjoyed my position. I like helping people. I enjoyed the learning the technical aspects of how the internet works, and learning about the different operating systems and devices that require internet connections. Everyday was solving puzzles to get people back on line. I was promoted very quickly to level two within – more... three months where I learned how to access the main pieces of equipment and help solve more complicated issues. I did these job duties for and a year and was praised by level three and level four technicians as well as team members and supervisors from other departments. However every time I applied for a position at the next level when an opening was announced I was overlooked. Even for an overflow backup position. My supervisor, who is wonderful, kept encouraging me to keep applying. I did so multiple times without any response. The job it self is fine , it can be taxing sometimes when you are speaking with someone who is not tech savvy . But you find creative ways to explain technology in non-technological terms.
At this point I am looking for a career not just a job, I want to work for a company where there is room for advancement. – less
Good Company
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, cash and prices incenticves
Cons: high sales qutoa
Century Link is a great company to work for. I would recommend this company to any person who has amazing selling skills.
very very productive
Q.A Tester (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 14, 2014
Pros: yes we have been haven free launch
Cons: yes short breaks
the team i work with are very friendly and vert serious when it comes to work
Laid back place to work
Sales & Cust (Former Employee), Sioux City, IAMarch 10, 2014
Can wear sweatpants, or pretty much anything. Easy going on dress code. Great compensation as long as you hit monthly quota
Easy going environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Idaho Falls, IDMarch 4, 2014
Pros: fun environment, flexible time off
Cons: can't use time off during busy times or when the hours are used up even if emergency
This has been one of the better jobs I have had. Management is fun to work with, the company really cares about their employees, and it is a fairly easy job to handle. They do their best to work with you with time management and achieve certain goals while giving incentives.
Good Competitive work Environtment
Customer Retail-Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: easy going and very managable time schedule and great pay and co workers
Cons: high sales quota with low customer traffic.
day at work is easy going, learned about communication trade, computer, utility services, very good co workers, hardest part of job is when customer traffic gets slow.

1 2 3 4 5