Century Link

• Preparing Deliverable Check List
• Worked as a onsite coordinator for 2.2 years
High volume but rewarding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Work at homeMay 28, 2015
Poor employee resources in regards to training and referencing information. High rewards. High volume. Schedules rotate every 3 months.
productive, busy, budget
Area Plant Supervisor (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 27, 2015
Pros: Compensation, leadership opportunity
Cons: Legacy CenturyLink was not a Bell system
CenturyLink required learning how to be responsible for various facets of a business while still being challenged with the challenges of being a traditional phone company. A typical work day included balancing loads for the technicians for increased productivity to approving payroll, inventory of tools and stock, coordinating rehabilitation of outside plant, customer relations, and meeting service metrics. Upper management challenged each supervisor to manage their own shops with decreased personnel and decreased budget for the third consecutive year.

What I learned is the demands of the share holders and the need to meet those demands regardless of the obstacle (s).

The most enjoyable part of the job was people interaction, leading personnel and satisfying customers
productive workplace/bad atmosphere
Premise Technician (Former Employee), phoenixMay 25, 2015
overworked, overpaid with bad management. I found the environment competiteve with no regard for the problems that minorities face in the workplace
Loved my job but there was little room for advancement
First Line Supervisor/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Coeur d'Alene, IDMay 23, 2015
Pros: Co-workers were helpful
Cons: Benefits, rarely saw our supervisor/get feedback.
A typical day started with going through what we called the Premiums box; we would respond to emails asking to modify/cancel an order or to contact a customer. After our allotted time was over for that, we would be assigned daily tasks on top of taking calls. A lot of the time those tasks were completed fairly quickly.

We didn't really see our supervisor a lot because the department I was in (first – more... line supervisor) was on the first floor and their sales team was on the third. We rarely got feedback as to how we were doing. We banded together in this department to help each other our with questions or what process to take or even to get someone else's opinion on the matter we were handling.

The hardest part of the job, I would say, would be customers that were unwilling to believe in what you were telling them was true. They would request someone above you, then someone above them and so forth.

I enjoyed my job, it was great being able to help clear the murk they had from either a bad technician experience, billing, customer service issue. Just to be able to help them was a great experience. – less
Client site: Fast paced and diverse environment
Mobility Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 23, 2015
Acquired experience in fast paced environment, supporting diverse clients all over world in dynamic profession of Information Technology.
Fun workplace
Network Operations Tech (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 13, 2015
I enjoy working at century link because as long as you are hard working and driven then everyone gets along with each other.
Great supervisors but to many seperations in departments.
Coordinator 2 Support (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 7, 2015
Great supervisors but to many seperations in departments. No team work between co-workers everyone is just for themselves. Contractors have a hard time being hired on permanently.
Valuable Skill Sets in Customer Service, Office/ Clerical, and Telecommunications/
Data Communications Analyst (Former Employee), New Century KS 66083May 4, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, being in a new environment, and building even more confidence.
Cons: Double shifts.
My typical day at work would include answering and calling customer's for their satisfaction to continuously keep the customer happy and bring new customer's into a business.

I would be filing paperwork, and using various databases on the computer.

I commit to making free time to learn new attributes that will help push me further into success.

I work well in a team setting and get along with co-workers.

The hardest part of any job I have had is working double shifts, however it benefits not only myself, my co-workers, management and potential business opportunities

What I enjoy most working is that brings new skill sets to my past working experiences. I also enjoy working hard to excel in the current business, as well as my position.
Inconsistent work as a contractor through Lantro / Anistar
Data Technician (Former Employee), Elk Grove, Illinois (Chicago Market)May 2, 2015
Pros: New knowledge
Cons: Inconsistent work
Copper, Fiber testing and installation, cage modifications
I have benefited from learning a different aspect of the industry I know.
Co-workers and Foreman were helpful in any training needed

The hardest part of the position was the inconsistent workload. Most occasions the expense to work (commute to multiple location within one business day without compensation:tolls/parking/time on the road) was much more than the income.

The enjoyable part is learning a new area of my industry.
Good Benefits but company was in a downward spiral
Technical Manager, Computer Operations (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good co workers, very good benifits and a since of helping make a difference
Cons: Lots of mis management and layoffs.
I worked during a time of rapid consolidation in the telecommunications. Century Link was the last buyer of the company I started with and seem to be doing well with the pieces they picked up. During the mergers I worked, it was a time of madness and layoffs. First madness as the current management tried to make the bought company look good, jumping from one direction to the next without a clue and then layoffs as the new company tried to trim cost and consolidate. The 1990s were not a fun time to work in the telecom industry.
Fun enviornment, great deck to sit out on during breaks and lunch.
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIApril 9, 2015
Pros: the deck where we had lunch on was outside where it faced a beautiful park and water, in the winter time it was decorated with christmas lights.
Cons: short lunches, sometimes other department reps were rude if we had to contact them.
a typical day would be getting on the phones and taking calls from customers about billing questions.
I learned how to find the perfect product package that meets the customers needs.
Depending on the manager, some were helpful, some were not.
My co-workers were the best part of the job, we always had fun and helped each other.
Hardest part of the job was trying to get customers to switch from their current provider to come to us.
My co workers, we just had fun.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), overland park, ksApril 8, 2015
Pros: option to work from home
Cons: Training
Awesome place to work - Great work environment and a great management staff... took advantage of the opportunity to work from home...
Good place to work for the most part
Field Tech (Former Employee), Cape Haze, FLMarch 29, 2015
Daily work included installation and repair of phone, internet and television services.

Hardest part of job was trying to get good service to customers, with deteriorating or lack of facilities.

Management? Wish they were more considerate and forgiving, instead of a "One strike and you're out" policy. Everyone makes mistakes.
what I think of Century Link
Customer service and sales (Current Employee), Boise, IDMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great benefits, commission incentives, lots of free goodies
Cons: meeting a high qouta that has to be met every month
I like working there, the environment is great I like the people I work with although not being sure if I will have a secure job for the next year due to having to meet a high quota is very nerve racking. I need to know that even though I'm it my all, trying harder every day to meet the expectations of the company, it can be rough meeting those goals at times. I would like a job that will pay well and I know will always there for me as I am there for the company.
Fantastic pay for a contract job
Contract Engineer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 20, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: lack of any clear answer on literally everything especially if you even have a job next week
Incredible pay. 21.50 an hour plus mileage. Not sure if you have a job the next week, every week really sucked. Management had absolutely no idea what was going on.
horrible management
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 25, 2015
The people I worked with were great but the management was horrible. A typical work day consisted of talking to customers and providing products/services they would need. The hardest part of the job was trying to advance.
Productive, Fun Place to Work w/ Good Pay
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Tarboro NCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: irate customers
took calls in a call center environment 8hrs a day convincing customers to stay with the company and offering them additional serverices to meet retain quota and sales quota monthly
centurylink was pretty lenient about meeting quotas if you didn't meet it one month your job wasn't in jeopardy. your supervisors work with you to help you meet them.
Some of them may even take a call or two for you to show you how its done.
Probably the best paying call center 13.00 an hr plus commission
Hardest part of the jobs is having to offer additional services to irate customers
The most enjoyable part is there was always attainable incentives.
Great Company To Work For
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: events where you can meet important people plus sundays off
From the manager to the employees it was a great experience work for Centurylink. Meeting different people every day and sponsoring ball teams etc..
was a great company. changed hands a few different times. the last time from Qwest to Centurylink we all knew our time was running out.
SERVICE DELIVERY COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Seattle, waFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: enjoyed my job. co-workers, good health care
Cons: long commute, management unsure of many things.
Centurylink is based in Monroe LA. Lowly moved work to different states to pay a lower wages. lost a lot of hard workers for 1/2 the pay workers who are not a well trained in customer service

1 2 3 4 5