Century Park Associates Employee Reviews

Don't do it
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNFebruary 7, 2018
The Bridge At Ooltewah is an Assisted Living facility that is absolutely gorgeous to look at but the beauty stops there. Corporate management is awful. The employment turn around is outrageous. You will be overworked and underappreciated. There is no structure or stability.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Shifts over 12 hours, poor corporate management, lack of stability
Entry level positions other than ED
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  MidwestFebruary 5, 2018
Most positions are entry level. They have a lot of turnover in most of the roles. Some positions have been filled several times a year. The owner is very old and archaic with his management style and is on his way out. Not sure what the succession plan is when he is gone. No 401K match since 2008, even though they say when profits are up they will start matching again (that was a decade ago).
Great company with great culture
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 27, 2017
Have been with the company for almost a year. There is no perfect organization but I am treated with respect and dignity and there is a residents first approach from the top down. Love working here!
Pros
Safety of your license at risk with poor management. No help from corporate
Wellness (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RIDecember 12, 2017
RI location - The Bridge is poorly managed. Operates with bare bones staff. This is unsafe to residents and employees. The director is more involved with "other" family business instead of what should be done at the bridge. Sadly a waste of time unless a total overhaul of management is performed. There is barely enough residents to keep it running a flow and take in residents who belong in nursing homes not assisted livings.
Pros
Job
Cons
Too many
Looks can be deceving
Former employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 30, 2017
Looks nice on the outside of building , but inside is a different story, owner not willing to remodel the building properly so basically just a bandaid fix, bad plumbing, ect, residents are great and it was a nice experience, but glad I am gone.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Micromanaged from corporate.
Glad for what I learned but happy to be gone
Management (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 15, 2017
Constant turnover, at all levels, which causes an ever changing work environment. Claims to be a people come first company but profit wins out. Lack of consistent training and support. There is a lot that can be learned to support future employment.
Pros
Free lunch, abiity to interact with amazing residents
Cons
Inconsistent goals, indecision from the top down, corporate manages with fear
The Bridge: poor character amongst the leadership
Employee (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 8, 2017
Looks great on the outside, but the inside core leadership (HR, bldg mgmt, exec ldr) is dishonest, unprofessional, and of poor character. I rate the Bridge a poor rating and would not recommend it as a good place to work or do business with.
Cons
The Building mgr at the Bridge uses underhanded tactics to run the businessff
People come first
Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 22, 2017
My experience with Century Park has been better than I expected. There is such a great group of people that I get to work, great teamwork. I can say that I am satisfied and fulfilled in the work I do.
Extremely poor leadership
wont reveal as i still work there (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, ORSeptember 26, 2017
The ED is a self centered ego maniac , micromanager with LITTLE or NO knowledge of Facility management or people handling skills. Residents and staff both do not like the direction of this facility and where its heading. I was lied to when hired about just about everything and there was NO SUPPORT.

STAY FAR AWAY
Pros
going home
Cons
going to work
Terrible place
Server (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORJuly 31, 2017
Executive director is an absolute f'ing joke, workplace/atmosphere is absolutely dreadful. Seems like there is always someone watching you and waiting to see if your doing something you're not supposed to. Feels like prison sometimes. The residents are not at the top of the list like they should be. Very few employees around here really care. A lot of the residents do not like the ED at all. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
Residents, some co workers.
Cons
No advancement, pay.
Fantastic culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJune 30, 2017
Century Park Associates is experiencing positive growth and culture change. Accountability, better processes and systems are the expectations from corporate leadership. The residents are celebrated and staff are treated fairly and with respect. The company believes in developing the staff and promoting from within whenever possible. It is a great place to work and I highly recommend them to anyone who loves working with seniors.
Pros
Culture of respect, fair to staff, GREAT residents, beautiful buildings
Cons
growing pains
Don't work here
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2017
I have been here for over five years. Trust me when I say, DO NOT work here. Especially dietary. None of the managers know what they are doing. The food is used over and over. If you serve there will be two people serving 75-80 people including the random guests you will have. The only thing good about this place is the RESIDENTS. Management only cares if they are getting their money. The only reason I'm still here is because I can't find another job. There has been absolutely no opportunity for advancement unless you are really close to someone with power. If you are reading this. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
The residents are the craziest funniest best people you will ever meet.
Cons
Literally everything else
One Big Happy Family
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 26, 2017
Fast paced, team oriented work enviroment.
Residents and staff are all very close like family. Development and Advancement opportunities are endless. Slightly below the average for the area on the pay scale but the benefits and truly amazing dedicated staff and Residents make up for it. It's home away from home.
Pros
The best community parties and special events, benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons
Traffic in the center of a university campus, could use a small bump up on the pay scale for all positions
Sad place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDMay 27, 2017
No management here to lead residents are awesome and staff too no opportunity for advancement dead end job its all about the bringing residents in for money place has being going down hill fast since new ED came in here no effort to keep good employees here very sad gave them yrs of hard work lots of talk no action
Pros
Good benefits residents are awesome
Cons
No leadership and lots of gossip negativity too
The best ALF in the area. Family oriented.
Lead Receptionist (Current Employee) –  The Bridge at OcalaMay 24, 2017
A very family oriented atmosphere. Our residents come first. And it shows to families and visitors alike. Most of the employees have longevity which says something about this community. Communication could be improved on. The employees work together to get the job done. It is nice to work in an atmosphere that is relaxed and does not have an institutional feel.
Pros
We have events for the employees to participate in. GREAT food!
Cons
Pay scale could be better.
Great staff and residents
Activity Professional (Current Employee) –  OrlandoMay 17, 2017
Both the staff and the residents make the place a very fulfilling experience on an everyday basis. The staff is always very willing to help out when necessary, and the residents provide that "good feeling" aspect that you can't find everywhere.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fun residents
Like Family
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 17, 2017
I really like this company. They have outstanding values and the team work is unbelievable. The managers are fair and most everyone gets along. The work is really rewarding also helping seniors have a happy, wonderful life. I have worked here for awhile because it's a good place to work. They offer vacation, sick and holiday pay and also medical insurance and other policies.
Pros
Understanding supervisors, schedulers work with my hours.
Great Residents - Fun Taking Care of Seniors
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2017
Been working at Century Park for several years now.
It is a great feeling to be able to place a smile on the face of seniors every day.

I worked in food service all of my life, but I have to say that this environment has been my favorite.
Pros
Great food, Great Residents, Good benefits
My favorite place to work
QMAP/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 11, 2017
I've been with Century Park 4 years now&&It's by far one of the best places I've worked. From friendly staff&great management. I wake up everyday looking forward to being with all the wonderful residents,families,and the Century Park family.
Pros
Staff, free lunch, managers, payed birthday, vacation, residents, families, dress up days, live entertainment, going on outings with the residents.
Cons
No support from corporate or local management team
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 25, 2017
Corporate hires inexperienced top management. Very little regional management support. They are overpriced in the market. No sales team support and unrealistic expectations. RUN!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Century Park Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5