The Business Development Associate is a key position within Century Park’s deal origination team. This individual will work directly with one of the firm’s senior investment professionals to build strong relationships with investment banks, accounting firms, law firms and companies for the purposes of generating new acquisition opportunities that are in line with the firm’s investment strategy. This role will involve i) contacting and building relationships with hundreds of advisors and entrepreneurs (primarily by phone) in an effort to source portfolio companies or add-on acquisitions for existing portfolio companies, ii) screening criteria to identify proprietary business opportunities or generate ideas for investment consideration, and iii) maintaining accurate and detailed history of calls with contacts. As this individual’s experience progresses, the role will expand to include initial screening of potential transaction opportunities and travel to call upon referral sources or attend trade conferences in other parts of the United States.
- Proactively contacting executives of companies with revenues ranging from $20 – 100 million
- Proactively contacting investment banks, business brokers, accountants, attorneys and other professionals that may advise companies that fit the firm’s investment strategy
- Qualifying potential portfolio companies based on Century Park’s investment criteria and then introducing the investment team
- Maintaining rapport with executives at companies not yet meeting the firm’s criteria
- Communicating Century Park’s value and experience in helping entrepreneurs grow companies
- Identifying new sources of prospective companies (trade publications, events etc.)
- Management of the firm’s contact database and tracking of sales and marketing activities
- Coordinating efforts with the investment team as required
- Attending trade, venture, and networking events
- Meeting team and individual performance goals
- Travel (as-needed)
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 1-2 years of experience in sales / business development. Finance or accounting experience is helpful but not required
- Professional, focused, goal-oriented, team player
- Excellent relationship building skills, particularly the ability to build rapport over the telephone
- Detail oriented with superb written and oral communication
- Strong presence and presentation ability
- Exposure to business development, sales and/or relationship management
- Familiar and comfortable with prospecting techniques, including cold calling
- Comfort with and ability to make independent decisions in stressful conditions
- Proficiency with online search techniques, databases (e.g. Capital IQ), and Microsoft Office
No relocation provided
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Century Park Capital Partners is a Los Angeles-based private equity firm that partners with owner/managers to build successful companies....