CenturyLink

CenturyLink United States Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Area Operations Manager (Current Employee), OhioApril 30, 2015
CTL is a good place to work. There is a great deal of change, but that is to be expected with the changing in technology and competition.
Lead Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), Littleton, COApril 28, 2015
Worked with US West during the Y2K effort. Tremendous time for developing skills and experience. Employees were focused on providing great service to customers while competing against larger corporations.
Great Money, No Stability
Money, Benefits (Current Employee), Apopka FLApril 28, 2015
Century Link is a great company with great benefits but unless you are truly fit for a sales position and are a great talker I would not recommend it. There is more hard driven sales than customer services.
You're consistently up and down doing something either cashier or in other departments
Retention and Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2015
Pros: I worked part time and they worked with my schedule
Cons: It pays minimum wage
I was a cashier and in customer service so a typical day at work would consist of checking the customers out, keeping the front of the store clean and also my area. Making sure that the go backs were organized as well. It was my first job and it taught me on how to work, how to be efficient and also on how to work as a team and also individually. My co-worker were great, there was a lot more interaction as it is a smaller store. The hardest part of the job was when I just started I had a hard time meeting my time goal on checking out the customers. The most enjoyable part was on how great the team was with eachother.
A great company!
Sourcing Recruiter II/Analyst (Current Employee), Monroe, LAApril 27, 2015
CenturyLink offers the best opportunities in Louisiana! The employees at CenturyLink are very family-oriented. You can absolutely see our values seeping through everything we do. I love working at CenturyLink.
Large Corporate vision
Associate Engineer (Current Employee), MOApril 27, 2015
They lost focus with the employees. I never see any real plan from upper management. Morale is not a concern. Many of the perks from my old company were removed when CenturyLink bought us.
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 25, 2015
I had a chance to obtain OJT(on the job training) in various areas of telecommunication/data line and device installation and repair.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXApril 23, 2015
Great company, but they are quick to give you the boot if you cannot produce the numbers they are looking for. Lots of personal ethical conflicts when dealing with the customers.
not good
CTAC Engineer (Current Employee), north carolinaApril 22, 2015
Pros: pay check
Cons: too long to list...most of all management
mgt is lacking sorely needed focus not a fun place to be 9-12 hours a day terrible environment for anyone. No support mgt throws its employess under the bus on calls with clients.
Fun and creative place to work at. A very good employer.
Manager Service Delivery / IT Program Manager (Current Employee), Monroe, LAApril 21, 2015
Pros: State-of-the-art technology.
Cons: Limited promotion options.
An excellent place to work at. Very freindly atmosphere. State-of-the-art technologies and system. Very bright resources.
Productive and fun
ECare Customer Care and Sales Agent (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNApril 20, 2015
Pros: They have a cafeteria on site, weekends off, and a great commission incentive program.
Cons: Insurance- Expensive, covers very little, complicated health care program, large out of pocket deductables
CenturyLink is a great place to work if you have a strong sales back ground. They have a fantastic environment that is very friendly. The management staff is absolutely wonderful and will go above and beyond to ensure you have a strong transition into the company. They offer many benefits including a 401k, Life insurance, Vision, Dental and Health insurance. I do have to say that has been to worst part of my entire experience at CenturyLink though. The Health benefits are ridiculous and excessively expensive. They do offer a medical expense card to help with the out of pocket cost but it still leaves you with a lot of cost that you are solely responsible for even after all that you pay for the insurance. I would biggest getting another insurance provider if you can. Other wise this is a Fantastic! company to work for. If you are looking for a company to retire from you would be hard set to find any other place that treats their employees more like family.
Great Company, Extremely Greedy and Uncaring Management
Retention Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: greed
I really loved working for this company, the internet and phone service is honestly great, no matter what people say, but sadly, the management, They careless about customers, except to push services at them supposedly to save them money, but actually winds up costing them more. The partner companies have 2 year contracts, while Century Link term agreements are 1 year, and when customers get that first bill of the second year.. SKYROCKECTED prices, and the only thing management cares about is getting them to spend more. Then of course, there's the ever changing policies. you get used to something and then you get told our wrong because things changed on your day off. Like I said, great company, awesome coworkers, lousey management
Working for this company allowed to me learn on the job and advance my career.
Engineer II (Retired) (Former Employee), La Crosse WIApril 16, 2015
I started as an Access Services Rep, the transition to circuit design was a natural. I specialized in Switch Access and was able to continue in that function. Work with alot of great people, both internally and externally.
has gotten worse as time has gone on
Business Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHApril 15, 2015
Pros: coworkers, pay, benefits, no weekends
Cons: big business mentality, basically no advancement opportunity
It was a great place to work but the bigger that they have gotten the less they care about their employees, pay and benefits are good but the immediate management is horrible.
How I make it in the Century Link Family
Cashier/ Beverage Server/ Kitchen (Former Employee), Seattle, WaApril 15, 2015
I have a good life in the Centurylink Field family and the enviroment of events and games like football game make me come back to the stadium every day looking for another winning morning.
Account Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 14, 2015
Great people within the organization but advancement isn't to be expected compensation is better than most. Has the worst marketing manager I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.
Left after company aquired our department
Senior Carrier Account Analyst II (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 13, 2015
Left after company aquired our department. A/R was moved to Shreveport LA so unable to give review of company. Good severance package though.
Unsatisfactory
SR IT Systems Analyst (System Admin - Tier2) (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 12, 2015
Pros: Many employees with decades of experience and knowledge.
Cons: Job security
CenturyLink is on a rampage of reducing management and occupational head count at the cost of degrading operations.
The only thing that appears to matter is the bottom dollar / stock price.
Great and entuhusiasic work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Medford, ORApril 12, 2015
Pros: Compensation for sales
Cons: lots of staff not knowledgeable
Was able to learn to work in a place where opportunity to help customers with problems and transition into sales. Hardest part of the job was getting customers to see what they needed. Enjoyed the balance of sales and work.
Great but not for me
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MOApril 9, 2015
I love the environment and the vision, i'm just not a great salesmen
Management is awesome and they really work with you when you need time off

1 2 3 4 5

About CenturyLink

CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network – Read more

CenturyLink Salaries