CenturyLink Employee Reviews

Found 1,661 reviews matching the search
Fun, good local management.
Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 17, 2017
Typical office job. Has many perks, time off, good insurance etc. Convenient location in downtown Omaha. Management does listen to concerns and addresses concerns.
Benefits
Cons
Parking
Interesting employement, good business
Business Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 17, 2017
Centurylink is a well established corporation. Outlines or expectations are clearly expressed and reviewed.
Location is good, parking is challenged and can be expensive (out of pocket).
Pros
Good people to work for/with.
Cons
Parking issues
Fast paced and multi-cultural telecommunications company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 17, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job is flexibility, management and peers. Worked there for a number of years. I moved up within the company and there is opportunity for advancement within the departments.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
work/lilfe balance
phone companies never change
Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2017
The place is the same as it was 30 years ago with little change. We have been sold and bought so many times I can not keep track. Things are stale with little room for growth in Seattle.
CenturyLink
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 15, 2017
CenturyLink was unprofessional in my opinion, that's why I left. They were ok to work for if it were a temporary position. Overall I have been to better and they can do better.
Learned all I could
Order Analyst - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, INMay 15, 2017
I learned so much at centurylink. When I started there I had no idea how to use a computer and now i am experienced in Microsoft office.The work place was quiet and very friendly. Management was good, but tried to be flexible.
this job no longer exists
Customer Assistant Agent (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 15, 2017
this job was outsourced to different companies. the job was very stressful dealing - management did not handle any calls and had very unrealistic expectations on call length
Telecommunications Company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 15, 2017
I have worked for this company for 20 years. In my tenure, we have been three different companies. the names have changed, but the culture has remained much the same.

Centurylink is the incumbent local exchange carrier for a 14 state region including Washington and Oregon to the west, and stretching to Iowa and Minnesota to the east. Being the ILEC, and the regulations that come with that, it seems that CTL is always one step behind less restricted competitors, such as Verizon, or Frontier.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
lower than standard pay for the job title and duties
Beautiful Building
Network Operations Reliability Technician (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 14, 2017
I actually liked working for CenturyLink. Worst part was Tension between manager and employees. I came into a group that had a lot of hate and discontent between the manager and my co workers. It was not a fun place to be. Too much back biting.
Pros
Building
Cons
Imediate manager, Stress and tension between manager and other employees
Great place to learn
Solutions Engineer, Financial (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2017
Great company to work for, great people. Always learning new processes or new technology and how it fits into the company. Great people to work with.
Pros
flexible
Cons
lack of great processes
Great Workplace
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMay 11, 2017
Great Benefits and enjoyable workplace environment between management and occupational. The company is very involved with the community and employees with sponsorships and donations. The salary/and insurance benefits (health, dental and vision) along with 401k and other savings incentives are superb.
Pros
Health Care and Pay
IT - Telecommunications
Intersystem Testing Coordinator & Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 10, 2017
The IT department employed employees who are dedicated to quality while ensuring each project is on time and on budget. Working with highly talented IT professionals at CentryLink was motivating and enspiring.
If you love stress....
sales (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMay 9, 2017
Very stressful selling environment with almost impossible monthly sales goals, which leads to being forced to badger your customers for a sale. Management was a joke, it was pretty much sell or else we'll fire you...
Pros
Cons
Everything about this job was a Con, pun intended.
Good Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  AnywhereMay 8, 2017
Learned a wide range of products. The company offers a wide range of great products to small and large business. They also provide residential services.
Pros
Great vacation.
Cons
None at this time.
Too strict attendance policy
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTMay 8, 2017
Was given misinformation by recruiting company about commission payment. Management not understanding of health issues. My manager was great above all others. I observed many who have no guidance at all.
Pros
Commision free lunches
Cons
Felt like just a number and only bodies wantes
Its a great place with friendly atmosphere
Java/Web developer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 8, 2017
Its a great place to work. This company always move towards new technologies and improvements. I got a chance to explore different technologies and got a chance to work in think tank team where I was working on process improvements and architectural changes.
ad
C++ Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 7, 2017
Management genuinely cares about the advancement of it's employees. Free lunches and open PTO make it for a excellent place of employment. Salary is quite low though. Will be finding other employment if salary does not increase with the cost of living
Avoid this company
Retention and Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 5, 2017
You have mandatory overtime every Monday, 1st and 2nd of month.
You are required to hit a goal that is unattainable by 60% of the employees if you don't you get written up.
They encourage you to lie to the customers about internet speeds and what it can do.
Pros
Good benefits due to union
Cons
Management is all over the place and direction constantly changes
Great Work Environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2017
Fun company to work for. Great team environment. I learned how to manage calls more efficiently as well as learning how to provide great customer service.
cutthroat environment with unrealistic stats
Retention/sales (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTMay 4, 2017
cutthroat environment with unrealistic goals The supervisors "don't have to know how to do your job, just encourage you" They have union reps but you are not given any kind of representation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CenturyLink. Our community is ready to answer.