CenturyLink Employee Reviews

Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 26, 2017
Having fun and having a good time theres no days without being happy and just being yourself mangers are cool and laid back lunch breaks are good and everybody is great
Just like having a big work family however repair lacks communication.
Technical Support Lead (Current Employee) –  New Century, KSSeptember 25, 2017
When in repair you all work together as a team, helping each other improve and it's honestly like having a big work family. I learned so much and you always continue to learn when new updates come out for devices. I think the worst part is dealing with the angry customers who are beyond ridiculous but as long as you are charismatic and good with people anyone can do it. The only thing I found irritating was communication, if they came out with new equipment or moved servers repair is never informed and the team just kind of figures it out as they go.
Pros
Bonus', Friendly teams
Cons
Short Staffed, Mandatory overtime
Making changes to our work load with no consideration for the agents
Consumer Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 25, 2017
They made lots of changes that I disagree with, with no option to opt out. The benefits are good, and the pay was okay but the training they give us is terribly lacking.
Benefits
Cons
No influence in workplace decisions
Ok place to work but after a 2 yrs the pay raises stop
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNSeptember 25, 2017
Manadatory overtime and you basically live there. Cant pick schedule. But it was easy to do and very chilled. If you dont have a life youll be ok. Sales is horrible they give people things they didnt request.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks, mandatory overtime pay to low for the job
loved working with my fellow employess
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 24, 2017
overall centurylink was fun to work at, I enjoyed my job for the most part, as far as some of their policys as far as attendance , I don't feel like they care about the employees unless they are in the seats ..
worked in the gold club
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 24, 2017
I arrived around 5, and set up for the season ticket holders. I had drinks ready and made sure the buffet was ready to go. I also cleaned up and bussed tables.
Pros
if permitted by management, you were allowed to eat.
They Lie about your job
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UtahSeptember 24, 2017
When Hired, they told us it was a customer support job with some selling, than they made you stop helping people and only sell. They forced quotas that made you hateful to clients.
CenturyLink was a great place to work.
SENIOR LEASE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 23, 2017
The executives at CenturyLink are very caring and professional. They strive to do the right thing both internally and externally. I would have loved to stay if they wouldn't have moved my position to the home office, in Monroe LA.
Pros
Very caring CEO
Cons
Better raises
ok place to work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Tarboro, NCSeptember 23, 2017
ok place to work if you are into sales. A normal work day is dealing with upset customer who experience ongoing billing issues. I learned how to sale and the most enjoyable part about my job was meeting new people and being able to assist and resolve ongoing issues.
Stable company limited advancement opportunity
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 20, 2017
A typical day at work consists of collaboration with numerous union employees and management, and consultation and mentoring on system and job function issues. Management of customer escalations, including installation and/or service disruptions and disaster management project management. Analysis of order workflow and production of reports capturing center productivity.
Pros
Collaborative work environment
Cons
Inefficient systems for productivity analysis

Want to know more about CenturyLink?

Ask a question
Fantastic organization to be associated with.
Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Fantastic organization to be associated with. Of the 3-4 managers I had during my employment, all of them exceeded the level of true professionalism. Their compassion, and empathy are unparalelled. It was a pleasure to represent, and contribute to the growth of this organization.
Consumer Care Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 19, 2017
Customer services to customers with billing or service issues. was 90% of your job performance.Offering new products and services or starting new accounts were the best part of the day with CTL. The company made a lot of changes then contradict those changes. People terminated because of the information or sales training provided. The new call center is not well organized and the supervisors only lookout for themselves and no one else.
Pros
Free lunches and T-shirts
Cons
no respect. period
Good place
REPAIRMAN (Former Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCSeptember 19, 2017
CenturyLink was a good place to work at. The schedule was flexible and I enjoyed most of the people I worked with. If given the opportunity to return, I would. I had to leave due to an at work vehicle accident. The judge threw out the ticket, but it was to late at the time
Pros
greate place to work
Cons
union based
All in the family
Operation technician (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 19, 2017
This environment is a family neighbor environment everyone lives in each others neighborhoods or all related by marriage or family. This place was not diverse and need better managerial operations.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
No job security
My overall experience
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCSeptember 17, 2017
a day at centurylink is what you make it. it can be stressful at times but you have to have a calming demeanor about yourself. the people there are fun to be around and the Supervisors do what they can to help you
centurylink
Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 16, 2017
I work very limited hours and I have so much time on its a very boring job. Sometimes there is no work. My supervisor is very unorganized and not very motivated.
Application Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 16, 2017
You get to learn a lot of stuff. But that is if you have time due to huge work load! You also get to work with a lot of great people that you feel very comfortable with.
Worst place ever
Century Link Sales & Care (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 15, 2017
So when i started working there i really liked it. I started to noticed that unless we are selling something to the customers.... "there issues are not our problems and get them off your phone." They promise services to customers and then dont deliver the correct services. which in turn screws over that agent that spent an hour with them on the phone setting up the sale. when they do call back and complain a new agent will erase the old sale set up a new one and then steal the sale. This company is so corrupt that even politicians look like saints.
Pros
Cons
everything from the pay to the customer service
Repetitive
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lacrosse, WISeptember 14, 2017
Managment led with fear mentality, job was repetitive and horrible. Retention is dumping ground for all customer services reps so they can field sales calls vs billing calls
Pros
hours/pay
Cons
everything else
Good place to work if they'd decide to keep their people...
Senior Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2017
It's a typical telecom environment with a bunch of hustling sales reps and too few support resources. The constant changes, layoffs and RIFs etc, are the real killer for this place. Even those well above quota aren't safe.
The benefits package is outstanding (was) and the pay is on-par for the industry.
Pros
Benefits, freedom to work your way
Cons
Layoffs, poor internal technology integration, poor senior leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CenturyLink. Our community is ready to answer.