CenturyLink Employee Reviews

Found 1,410 reviews matching the search
Great Place, great people good company
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 16, 2016
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Customer interaction
Broadband Technician II (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 16, 2016
I drive a company vehicle, interacting with customers to better their experience with the internet. Coordinate with other departments when there is an issue with wiring in the field or with programing issues with the business office. I help interface our equipment with the equipment of customers to connect and maintain connection to the internet. I facilitate and repair phone systems in buildings.
Pros
There is always something to learn.
Cons
I feel that I am at the top of what this buisiness has to offer for advancment
I had a great time working here, unfortunately i had to resign due to major medical problems with my mother.
Center Sales and Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDDecember 15, 2016
Leadership was very helpful, the atmosphere was amazing, lots of perks and prizes for good performance. i would work for this corporation again positively.
Pros
prizes, great compensation, fun co-ed work enviroment
Cons
Really i have nothing to say ill about this corporation.
Great benefits, horrible politics and no individuality
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 14, 2016
No room for advancement, you have as good of chance as Joe Schmo of the street. Management are a bunch of puppets for upper management to play with. Your work means nothing nor is ever considered. Thank god for the union otherwise nobody would be able to keep their job.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Everything else
Family valued company
Sr SAP HCM Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LADecember 14, 2016
Good company, Excellent work environment.Monday to Friday 8 to 5. Good management and nice co workers. Production server down time is the hardest part. When the payroll ran in good without any errors.
Provides Needed Resources
Process Analyst, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHDecember 13, 2016
The company provides employees with needed resources to properly perform job duties and advance. Community involvement is part of the culture and is encouraged and funded through various means (i.e., Time and Donation Matching Programs).
Pros
Resources / Community Involvement
Cons
Industry Challenges (e.g. Telecomunications Local Service)
Great place to work, good people to work with .
Network Analyst II /IPNOC (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCDecember 11, 2016
A typical day includes handling escalated repair issues and outages . Handling both in a timely fashion while ensuring the service managers, and customers of progress along the way. I learned how to effectively deal with conflict while keeping a level head to achieve the desired goals for the customers and the company. The hardest part of the job was having to say no if for example no dispatch could be allowed over the weekend because of no access. The most enjoyable part of this position is helping people.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Process changes, sometimes daily.
Could be great
Sales (Current Employee) –  Kansas CityDecember 9, 2016
Could be great, but no one is held accountable. If you want to goof off and get paid this is a great job. If you want to achieve something, good luck getting anyone to care.
Hard work long hours pay was great!
Culinary Chef (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 7, 2016
Had to leave to hard on my body, I was ridding my bike an hour to the bus stop and an hour bus ride, then working 8-12 shifts. I have no complaints about upper management, I think there was to many people in charge, and they all wanted things done differently.
Pros
Awsome pay scale.
Cons
I had to travel to far to get to work.
Challenges and rewards of being a "change agent" in a Telco
Emerging Technology Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 5, 2016
I joined CTL as part of a new team focused on moving our customers toward cloud based managed voice and data services. We had the support and commitment of the COO and VP of Marketing to develop these services. My role was to support the sales organizations within a six state region, to educate and inform our teams of the benefits of these managed services and engage in direct customer meetings. One of the challenges was gaining the trust and engagement with each of the Sales managers to encourage the sales teams to shift from a traditional network and CPE sale to a MRR model. With long time relations with CPE manufacturers, resellers and business partners, these new cloud services were viewed by some as disruptive. For those teams who "got it", the rewards were Large. A multi-year contract for providing managed services on a MRR basis was much larger than the one-time commission on a router. I was blessed to have a wonderful Director and Marketing organization that was supportive of the uniqueness of each customers requirements. In late 2015 there was a major change in executive management and I noticed a shift in the enthusiasm and commitment to our program.
Pros
Great direct manager and marketing organization expertise
Cons
High sales rep turnover and complex comp plans which change yearly
Objective Statement
Repair Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 5, 2016
To aid a company in many ways in my abilities and qualities. Skills in customer service, bridge monitoring and all aspects and necessities in a company. I am a great self-starter, able to work well in a growing team and can bring a positive hard working attitude to the work environment.
CenturyLink
Customer Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 4, 2016
A typical day here was not being guaranteed eight hours of work. I learned this is a poorly managed company because there are way too many layers of management. Management here are Micro-managers. Co-workers were okay. The hardest part of the job was working for a highly mismanaged company. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things on the job.
Pros
Two paid 15 minute breaks, Working and interfacing with customers
Cons
Could not depend on reliable management.
Company morale is amazing. They take care of their employees.
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 4, 2016
Centurylink is a wonderful place to work. This company cares for their employees and it really shows. The paid time off and benefits are wonderful and the work environment is always fun and positive.
Pros
Amazing benefits and paid time off.
Cons
Sales Qutoas
Customer service and sales
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  TNDecember 4, 2016
When they hire you on they don't tell you that you have to reach your monthly quota or you would get fired, The systems are very outdated and slow. The company does not care for customers all they want you to do is try to up sell, even if the customers are extremely upset , pto and benifits are great, would be a great job if the company would focus more on the customers not just sales.
Pros
Pto, benefits and coworkers
Cons
No job security, focus to much on sales, not informed enough with changes
Incredible family atmosphere
Credit Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2016
I cannot say anything negative about working at Centurylink as far as the work environment. I have the best boss. Her boss, the call center leader is incredible. They have given me nothing but encouragement and acceptance and assisted me in being a better and more productive employee. I am very grateful for my experience with Centurylink
Nothing positive to mention.
Offline Support / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LADecember 2, 2016
The building is dirty. Broken and unused equipment is stacked in corners. The management is not good. They don't know enough about the job to be of any real assistance. They like to play favorites and make ridiculous decisions. There are no windows in the building. They run the air conditioner at 68 F, which makes most of the people in there have to wear jackets or even blankets. The pay isn't that bad but the work you do and the people you have to deal with everyday is not worth staying there.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Fun and Casual Enviroment
Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 1, 2016
Century link Treats their Employees well, I would enter Disputes into the system for the wholesale Department and also review payments that were posted to see if credits can be issued and adjusted on client's accounts
CenturyLink - Telecommunications
IT Specialist Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2016
In my 42 yrs with Mountain Bell, USWEST, QWEST and CenturyLink I enjoyed going to the office each day I enjoyed any position I had with the companies. In the later years it was even more enjoyable when we were offered work at home I feel I accomplished more work being competed and able to satisfy clients in a timely fashion. The managers were very helpful is any guidence.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Vacation
Cons
Position sent to IBM
Leading edge technologies
Lead Sales Engineer, Global Markets (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 29, 2016
CenturyLink is top employer for Sales Engineering opportunities. If you don't mind long work hours, they have several divisions to provide roles facing global and small enterprise accounts. SEs get exposure soup to nuts in design - from CPE pricing/design to cloud based Xaas services.
Pros
Great salaries
inbound sales job
Sales and Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Tarboro, NCNovember 28, 2016
most inbound sales jobs are fairly straight forward. talk to customer be nice and sell. Centurylink is so much transition that rules and policies change so much that most departments waste a lot of time trying to figure out how to do the job not actually doing the job.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CenturyLink. Our community is ready to answer.