CenturyLink

CenturyLink Employer Reviews

Great work environment
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 13, 2014
Pick up and deliver auto parts. Learned how to check in freight, learned more roads and locations while driving. Co-workers were great as well as the management.
Productive work environment
Project Coordinator (Consultant) (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 11, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
nice company to work for.
Supervisor of Sales and Care - Consumer Sales (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 8, 2014
nice company to work for .........................................................................................................
Work was complex and ever changing, excellent downtown Seattle location
service deliver coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good benefits and salary, working with minimal supervision
Cons: occasionally difficult to locate a manager when i needed one
I liked that there was no "typical" day at work, each day I handled whatever new inquiries that came in. Some requests could be completed the same day, others required more complex research and documentation. I also had monthly recurring audits occurring throughout each month due to multiple billing dates for multiple customers. I learned flexibility and time management. I learned multi-state tariffs, state statutes, and FCC regulations along with individual state accounting regulatory practices as they pertain to state and local governments. I had excellent give and take support with my co-workers. I worked with minimal supervision. The hardest part of the job was never being "done". I always wanted to do more faster, although my assigned customers were very satisfied with the service I provided to them. Both of my assigned state governments have offered to provide references. The most enjoyable part of the job was the very pleasant working relationships I developed with both my assigned government customers and my peers. The most satisfying part of the job was the resolution of the very complex billing problems that arose.
CenturyLink Review
Retention Account Consultant (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 6, 2014
Contact me direct for a personal review.

CenturyLink, Inc., is an American multinational communications company headquartered in Monroe, Louisiana. It provides communications and data services to residential, business, governmental and wholesale customers.
A great place to work, Just not for me.
Sales and Service Specialist (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great incentives, benefits.
Sometimes you come across places that you just don't ever find the groove you fit into. That was the case here. I love working with the consumers and addressing their needs. I just did not seem to find my nitch there...
Large Corporation
Senior Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCOctober 2, 2014
13 years of success and training at CenturyLink. Very positive relationships with all associates and customers. References available upon request.
Enjoy working in Retail
Customer Solutions Retail Representative (Current Employee), Killeen, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: customer interaction
Cons: no advancement opportunities at current location
I do enjoy working in the retail environment, building a close personal relationship with my customers on a daily basis. Downside, there is no room for advancement at my current location.
Centurylink was a good environment and great place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tarboro NCOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great incentives.
Cons: short lunches
The hardest part of the job was being able to sale to the customers.
It was fun
Credit Consultant (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 24, 2014
I spent all day on the phones helping customers with their bills. Either taking full payments or making arrangements.
Great product and training
SR COMERICAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great work environmen
Cons: procedures
Building relationships and confidence with customers and making high levels of sales. Achieving sales quota and keeping customers bottom line under budget. I place a high level of sales ethics and standards for all of my customers for over 25 years of salesmanship. Solution selling to enhance the customer experience. Skilled at building rapport, innovative leadership, and managing accounts to establish their goals, negotiate contracts and develop strategic account planning. Successfully led efforts to reduce cost, increase revenues, and improve productivity and the customer experience.
Not a place I enjoy
Senior Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 21, 2014
To be honest, I took the job under false information. Centurylink made me believe my job would be one thing and it became a very skewed version of that.
Most disorganized company ever
Small Business (Current Employee), ColoradoSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: everything else
The best part of my day was my happy long term clients. After only a few weeks after I started in the small business department, I had enough clients brought to me by referral from past clients that I had more work than I could handle for the next several years.

This used to be a good company for representatives to self train through experience to be the best in their field. After several years, I believe I accomplished that. The key phrase "self-train."

The trainers have VERY little grasp on telecom systems, providing expectancies of day to day work, understanding billing, PUC tariffs, FTC regulations and the corporate structure. As a result, every employee hired on unwillingly lies to their clients for the first few years and re-transfers calls to inappropriate departments.
The blame doesn't entirely fall on the trainers; Coaches, Process Analysts, Project Managers, Escalation teams, Marketing and Software development teams, all have a short grasp of their duties and how it affects the corporate structure.

I've gotten acknowledgements from nearly all the above teams after consistently reviewing the facts with all the above personnel that the processes are violating nearly all PUC tariffs via over-billing, service fallout, billing fallout, broken compensation system, system fallout and marketing that doesn't sync with the facts. 90% of my day was handling complaints from clients about mis-transfers, services that were added without their knowledge, untrue information being relayed, service not installed, delayed installment, incorrect billing, services installed with improper – more... programming and the list goes on.

Our department was compensated on making a specific sales metric, but only 10% of my time could be placed towards that due to the incompetence that exists here and my conscience to always do what's right. Business accounts do not require any credit intake. A rep could setup 100 business accounts in one day without taking a single phone call or speaking to any business through other electronic means. The auditing process is lax. Some of the "top reps" from a sales metric standpoint later on became so comfortable to just say things such as, "Yea, I slammed them, but whatever." Promotions are based on productivity, so these same individuals later train new-hires the same tactics. If you have any degree of ethics, you cannot succeed under the current culture that exists here.

It didn't start that way. The company used to remove products from the reps sales total if they were cancelled within 90 days. It was the worst mistake a company could ever make when that was stopped. When the policy was to remove "churn" or outted products from the reps goal, that's when I was consistently at the top of the charts. My expectation from myself was to do what's right for my client and the company 100% of the time. Removing churn, the average rep only had to think of themselves. Complete anarchy.

I was only able to consistently surpass goals based on how many referrals I got from clients tired of getting someone new who didn't know what they're doing. The average call I took off the queue was someone at the end of their rope with Century link. Frequently they were escalated all the way to the top and back down again. The call usually ended with a statement like "I hate how it takes going through 1000 people before you get 1 that knows what they're doing." – less
Great Career, Great place to work.
Project Administrator of Contractors (Current Employee), Tucson, ArizonaSeptember 18, 2014
My job is highly stressful, I am in charge of employees, and trusted with company funds.
Horrible place to work
Contractor Assignment (Former Employee), New Century, KSSeptember 17, 2014
Cons: misconduct with supervisors, poor decision making among upper management, poor standards for new highers.
Do not work at Centurylink if you care about equal opportunities. I have worked in 2 different positions and both jobs provided horrible experiences. I have seen a lot of favoritism and discrimination. One of my Old supervisors was also seen taking advantage of his position on many accounts. I have also witness Centurylink putting an employee in a supervisor position who knows nothing about how to do the job that the group is supposed to do. What were they thinking? Too many poor decisions have been made by upper management and complaints made by lower personnel always go ignored. I have also seen wrongful termination as well as wrongful employment. This was a horrible place to work and many claims have been filed to Human Resources regarding the terrible and inappropriate actions that were being done in the work place. This was the most unethical place I have ever worked in my entire career of Telecommunications. I consider myself to be way over qualified to result to such a lowly company. However, this may be a great place to work if you are fresh out of high school and have no skills or ethical values.
Good company with good work life balance.
Lead IT Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Monroe, LASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: stable, job security
Cons: yearly merit raises are low
CenturyLink is a stable company with good work life balance.
Productive workplace with plenty of sales opportunites
Customer Service and Sales (Current Employee), Sioux City, IASeptember 13, 2014
You must sell products to be able to continue working, while there, you are taught how to pitch products and overcome objections from customers while trying to sell products. The management staff is kind and friendly as well as very helpful. The only hard part about the job would be working on overcoming objections from customers and continuously hearing the answer "No" and having to find out how the product is beneficial to the customer.
Review
Service Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 12, 2014
Typical day would be: managing the workload for the day/week of phone calls; emails; processing service changes; resolving disputes; computing adjustments; and prioritizing/scheduling work for the future.

There is a wealth of information to be learned in the telecommunication field: services/products; handling inquiries; training employees/people; team work; telephone etiquette; intra company software.

Hardest part of the job delivering non favorable news and the customer not agreeing with the outcome.

Most enjoyable part of the job; satisfaction of a job well done.
Fast-paced sales atmosphere with great benefits.
Customer Service/ Sales Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, paid training.
Cons: long hours, rising quotas.
I usually had mandatory overtime and worked long hours answering about 80 calls a day. I learned to how to be a great salesman in a chaotic, yet professional call center. Management was fair and my co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of my job was always finding new ways to make my monthly goal, which was raised every month. I enjoyed the great benefits, and they paid really well.
Was a great place to work
RESOURCE ALLOCATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Mansfield, OhioSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: core values, benefits, and they pay well
Cons: if you work for the contact centers the hours can be bad.
I cannot fault CenturyLink for making a sound business decision to close a call center. I could have relocated and continued my employment with them. I hope I have not made a mistake by turning down that opportunity. They are a great company to work for and they have an awesome set of core values and they do value their employees. If I could have relocated I would still be working for them and maybe someday I will work for them again. I would be honored to do so.

About CenturyLink

CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network – Read more