CenturyLink Employee Reviews

Found 1,726 reviews matching the search
tiring workplace
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2017
it's an okay place to work for seasonal time not much room for advancement, if you would like a raise you will have to work overtime and bring the company more money
CenturyLink
Sales & Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2017
Hard work they expect a lot from their employees. Union environment mandatory OT. Good pay and benefits. Some advancement opportunities however as a big company they need to have a better development strategy for employees wanting to grow with the company.
Excellent place to work. They had great benefits and paid well.
Construction Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMay 26, 2017
Within the 18 years I worked for Centurylink I was able to excel from a temporary operator to a dispatch supervisor with 15 dispatchers reporting to me. I was given the opportunity to take online classes provided by Centurylink and those at a local college to improve my skill set. I loved going to work each day. I enjoyed the fast paced days. I appreciate everything they had to offer. I loved my job so much I commuted to Wake Forest from Rocky Mount each day which is an hour each way for 5 years. I was given the opportunity to travel to over 7 states. I traveled for training and to give presentations to the managers in other states. The hardest part was being let go. I suffered multiple personal traumas which led to a mental breakdown. They did there best to help, but at that time I couldn't help myself. I spent 18 years of my life building a career and it hurts to think of what I lost.
Pros
Lots of training, believes in promoting from within, successful company
Cons
Not everyone appreciated the opportunity nor the pay they received.
Challenging and Rewarding
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2017
I was given a lot of leeway to create new applications to help solve business problems, or to increase productivity and accuracy for my customers (which were mostly other technical people). I had a great relationship with the people that I worked with in that my focus was always on helping them to do their jobs more efficiently and accurately and with less stress.
Pros
flexible hours, challenging work
Cons
slow responses from management for inter-department cooperation
OK place to work
Global Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 25, 2017
The organization continues to strive to improve it's talent. Some parts of the organization are capable of executing flawlessly on initiatives that keep employees engage.
Nice place to work
Network Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Gardner, KSMay 25, 2017
Excellent place to learn the networking environment. Management and coworkers are very helpful and do a great job at making you feel comfortable. Overall is a B
Customer Service Sales Associate
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 25, 2017
Overall decent company not a lot of positions to move up to and advance to make it a career. I enjoyed being part of the union and sales with rewards. I was lucky enough to have started with Qwest before CenturyLink bought them. Very demanding on Sales with no wiggle room. So if you're not comfortable with sales it is not the right fit for you. I still think they have the best products and pricing in our local area. Definitely need to have more training for new employees and have a lot more calls listened to live while people are selling and not covering all the details. Way too focused on sales and not details and disclosures and commission and rewards should not be given until after 3 months of customer keeping it.
Pros
union, m-f no weekends full benefits
Cons
Mandatory over time every Monday and Tuesdays, Real black and white on tardies and occurrences even after 2 years plus, not much advancement opportunities
CenturyLink Retention
Retention Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2017
I learned a lot about working in a call center and the benefits and disadvantages which were pretty equal. It Is a very eclectic place to work , full of lots of many different types of people.
Pros
Positives it is a good company to work for, The comps are great when you hit your numbers, Lots of giveaways for meeting sales
Cons
Old ordering system, glued to your desk. smart queue so I got a lot of problem calls and very few sales calls.
its a good job
Tech repair (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 24, 2017
I think it a good job u get good benefits u get a raise every 6 months month and they give u bonus almost every other month management is ok there very polite I learned a lot of just coming here to all the extra help they give the hardest part is the hours because when u got kids its hard to get mommy hours and the most enjoyable part are the employees they are very respectful and helpful there so awesome if I wasn't leaving des moines ia I would stay
Pros
good overtime and great cash advances
Cons
the hours
Corp Culture
Contractor Enterprise Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 24, 2017
Lot of long time employees from Qwest but little opportunity for lower technical employees.

IT Corp Security Budgets are not enterprise developed therefore revenue is short in the enterprise security space.
Pros
They allow you the time to get your work done there
Cons
Didn't like working in downtown
Something new every day, challenging to keep customers connected
Business Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Prescott, ARMay 24, 2017
Growing company with multiple services. If you enjoy challenges and keeping up with new technology this is the place to start. You will need to be a people person and solve problems daily for customers.
Productive and Fun workplace
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 24, 2017
Good opportunity to grow
Good culture
Good working environment

Recommends
Positive Outlook
Pros
I get to utilize my professional talents in an atmosphere that challenges me intellectually and helps the community at-large. At the end of the day, I leave work feeling fulfilled; like I made a real impact on the community and was appreciated by the company for my contribution.
The people who work here are incredibly intelligent, humble and hard working.
N/a
IT NOC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2017
Not a good place to work.
Micromanaged and no room for growth.
I would not recommend this job to my friends.
Managers need more training on how to deal with people and overall issues.
Pros
Constant work
Cons
No room for advancement, overworked underpaid
fun sales job
Customer Service / Sales (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 22, 2017
Great pay and training! Absolutely loved this job and would have never left if I did not have to move. .. Won an all expense paid trip to California for two for sales. GREAT JOB for the right personality
Pros
great pay trips training
Cons
tied to the phones
Fun place to work with many opportunities for added benefits.
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2017
In a typical day you will field calls from small business owners/mgmt. they most likely will be calling in for billing questions or a problem with their service. With a call fow guide you would assist for the reason of the call and giving the customer an in-depth account review making suggestions and offering services and/or products that might benefit the company. The management and support departments are great help. Hardest part of the job is meeting your sales goals, and following up on you installed sales to make sure you get paid for them. most enjoyable part of the job is the people, like coworkers.
Pros
Spiffs, healthcare, commissions
Cons
sales goals
Workplace Culture
Multi-State Field Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 22, 2017
CenturyLink's workplace culture allows for a quality work/life balance. This has created a very productive environment where employees work to produce results in a multitude of ways.
Family Affair
Network Operation Engineer / Federal Operations (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 21, 2017
This job was a family of friends, that only benefited that Group of Friends. If you were more experience then them they were jealous of you. You would never be promoted to a position if you did not fit in with them. They promoted people who were inexperience only because they were friends. The NOC Supervisor was a good friend and not management material. Don't forget he was in the family. No matter how much we informed management about him, they did nothing.

The Department was cheap and never spent any money on the Group. SO ! where did the money go ? I guess to management because they always bragged about what they had and brought . No training, we were told that if we had training we might leave. (HUM)
Pros
Nice Co-Workers in the Company but not in the NOC
Cons
Cheap, unprofessional and a Family Click
Pressure filled; always wondering if it was your last day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2017
Get into work and start taking calls from customers. Did not have any power to help customers with their issues. Was told it was just going to be customer service, not have to up-sell any of the people we spoke to but were judged on how much we did up-sell. Products were not available in areas we were told to up-sell in. Management was excellent, but their hands were tied when it came to helping their teams.
Pros
Free gifts from vendors
Cons
Lack of confidence and pressure to do were not hired on to do
I was very passionate about the customer and the company
Dispatch Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 20, 2017
Started the day off making sure all the work was dispatched to the technicians. Make sure techs were logged in for the day. Monitored workload and moved work around if a tech was not going to get to it to ensure customer satisfaction. The technicians and co-workers in other departments were great to work with. If I had to communicate with overseas reps it was very hard to understand them and to communicate what needed to be done. Supervisors and Manager were always there if you needed them.
Pros
worked with a great group of people
Cons
Constantly sitting, not able to get up and move around
Good place
Intern Salesforce administrator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 20, 2017
Its a good place to work with anyone in the Environment and i have learnt much to improve my self over time.
I wish i can work again in this kind of environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CenturyLink. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval