CenturyLink Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,210 reviews matching the search
Fast work pace employees with lots of experience
Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2016
Great place to work, lots of opportunities for personal growth. Good mid level managers that strive to better individual teams while maintaining a good work/life balance.
I have no comment on this company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Was out of my home.April 12, 2016
Worked at home. Like working where you see other people during the day.

Tedious.

Did learn a new computer program.

Did not have to buy clothes to go to work. Could work in PJ'S.
Typical telecom company
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 3, 2016
I only worked for CenturyLink for two years. My whole division was laid off in a company reorganization. Those who have been there for 20+ years seem to love it. New hires seem to have a hard time feeling at home.
Day at Work
Operation Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJanuary 11, 2016
Very Good Company, Handles problems Well, Very Smart people, liked working there, You get to test the Ckts, Deal with the Customers and Vendors,use the Routers and fix the issues.
Pros
Relaxed Enviroment
Cons
Haven't noticed any other than Pay lower than expected
5 star excellence
Lead IT Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 4, 2016
company culture is pride on transparency and customer satisfaction. Work life balance is above average. This is great company to work and grow your career in every way possible.
Senior Buyer
Network Capacity Provisioning- TA (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 7, 2015
Working with customer, vendors, internal customers to make sure they receive all Network products in the correct manner.

Make sure and get the best pricing via quotes, contract pricing, etc.

Debbie Richardson
Pros
Learn about Network Products
Cons
Too many emails/should auto PO.
Structured work environment with opportunity to excell
Data Specialist / Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  North Logan, UTFebruary 4, 2016
CenturyLink was a good company with good pay and benefits. Good vacation time and options for advancement. Good 401k and retirement plan. Flexible schedule.
Loved the job but too much placed on sales
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMarch 21, 2016
Loved the job the money was good and lots of benefits but way to much was placed on sales and I could not try and con a old woman on ssi to take tv services she didn't need
Fast Paced
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 16, 2015
Call after call. You have to use the repair wiki in order to answer your customers questions. Trained me for only a week and threw me out to the dogs when it came to taking calls. I asked for help and only got to watch a guy take phone calls for an hour...employees are poorly trained.
Pros
Many benefits, long lunches
One of the good employers in LA
Analyst and Lead Developer (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAApril 26, 2016
It is a good place to work and learn. It gave a good start to our career in USA and quite accessible to all the facility in terms of children education and work.
Good place to work with a good company culture
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 25, 2016
Good place to work with a good company culture. Projects are varied and interesting but the hardware tools are old and lack the current technology
good workplace
Senior Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
CenturyLink has a good workplace . CTL provides knowen OEM training directly from the companies.

Flixable work locations.
Pros
compensation
Cons
too mant products without specialization
Excellent company to work for.
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMarch 2, 2016
Over the past 13 years current and former employee, I must admit I love CTL and enjoyed going to work. The company has top notch benefits, family oriented culture.
A company pressing the tech forward
National Sales Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaOctober 12, 2015
When I started in telecom it was all about the P.O.T.S. lines - plain old telephone service. But as the years went by, the industry became a leader in advancing technologies and making hi-tech available to the same people that had been staples of the P.O.T.S. marketplace. CenturyLink has continued to look forward and develop better, safer and less expensive product, expanding the telephony model to include entertainment and cloud services. Telecoms that haven't adapted to the customer need have lost their place in today's business environment. CenturyLink is working to continue to be relevant and to offer customers the best product possible.
Pros
forward thinking management, affordable benefits
Cons
growing pains
Comfortable work environment and fantastic coworkers
OIS Operator/Information Services (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTOctober 9, 2015
Enjoyed my time at work and the people I worked with. Management was always available when needed and were very supportive. As with any job there were certain stats we had to maintain and they were numbers that were not that difficult to achieve and if at any time one found themselves having any difficulty help was always provided.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Inconsistant shifts and days off.
Call center work with limiited advancement opportunities
Small Business Internal Resource Center Coach (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLOctober 20, 2015
Company never utilized the talent that was available on staff. You were expected to just put you head down and work. This company is great for employees who do not mind being seen and not heard. Upper Management was great at giving directives and assigning tasks. Any opinions and observations from Mid-Management was not welcomed by Upper Management. Only the most Senior Managers and those in the Boardroom had a voice. Round table discussions often never yielded anything substantial because, employees were not allowed to give any real input.
Pros
Above average company overall! Fast paced environment, competitive pay and benefits
Cons
Job Security. Upper Management unwelcomed input from Middle Management or rank and file employees.
Enjoyable company to work for.
Administrative Assistant II to 3 Directors (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 21, 2015
I really enjoyed my time here, once company moved to Gardner, KS, drive became to much for me every day. I'd have rather the company stayed in Overland Park, Ks. Management was fair to their employees.
Pros
Company provided a wonderfull lunch area
Cons
I did not like not having a window to look out of during the day, flealt like worked in a box.
Loved my job and co-workers
Assignment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hood River, OROctober 13, 2015
I worked with a really great team. We all got along great and were very supportive of each other. The numbers part of the job was a disadvantage because we were problem solvers and it takes time. A three minute phone call may not solve the issue right away. If we do not take care of our customers somebody else will.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Management was to focused on numbers and not quality.
Bad Management Decisions Affect All
Lead Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 14, 2015
The management has made a number of bad decisions over the past few years and now they are coming home to roost. Layoffs have affected people in every corner and market of the organization.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
poor management
a team of great people to work with
Technical Clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2016
The company is downsizing and there is no advancement or opportunity for growth.
My co-workers were the best.
It was my first job with union representation.