CEP America Employee Reviews in United States

Employees are under-educated and management is a joke
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAOctober 28, 2015
I was with this clinic for almost 2 years and most of my co-workers seemed to have slept through their classes. The staff was more concerned about hanging out and making friends then their jobs. Most of the staff made fun of and would be rude to other staff not in their "clique". The office manager was barely 30 and had no experience as an office manager prior to this clinic. It showed, she had favorites and was severely unprofessional at most times. The pay was a joke and the clinic was doing so poorly that some days an employee would be sent home due to low patient volume and we were not given our raises last year because they could not afford the $0.30 raise per employee. The best part of my job was the providers. The doctors and PAs were intelligent, cared about their patients and appreciated the staff.
Pros
The providers, great patients, drug rep lunches
Cons
Staff, management, low pay
Great company to work for
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 18, 2016
This company is massive and its growing. Great management and very progressive company.

Also, very professional environment
Fast paced, fun environment
Emergency Physician Scribe (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 15, 2016
Although it is the emergency department, it is enjoyable! I have learned so much valuable information, both related to medicine and life. Working with different physicians can be challenging at first, but once you have everyone's preferences down, it is easier. The physicians, nurses, and PAs have all made this experience enjoyable. Now that I've made it into the emergency department, I don't want to leave!
Great experience
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 26, 2016
This place will help you understand the dynamics of what it's like to work in the emergency department. We should be getting paid more for our work.
Educational atmosphere
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CASeptember 12, 2015
There is no typical day in the emergency room. I learned in depth medical terminology, time management, and creating electronic medical records. I have seen how a physician functions with heavy patient volume. The hardest part of the job is keeping track of EKG, Lab results, and x-ray images for the physician. The most enjoyable part is when we are able to make a patient feel better.
Pros
Learning about the medical field
Cons
the hours are crazy and the pay is low
average
job security 3 stars
managment 3 stars
work/life 3 stars
benefits
Cons
management
Productive work experience
Xray Technician/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAOctober 6, 2015
Productive work environment, adaptive to the change in medical care.
Personal growth is some what limited by the number of available opportunities.
Patient care is superb. Staff is caring and well educated.
Stressful
Emergency Department Scribe Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wildomar, CASeptember 2, 2015
A lot is put onto the scribes to complete a substantial amount of tasks in little time. Great for getting your feet wet in the medical field as well as to obtain a significant amount of medical terminology and medical knowledge.
Danger danger
Medical Biller, (basically collections) (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 21, 2014
A typical work day felt like "being handcuffed to my chair" while the "warden" listened to my calls and followed m to the bathroom and printer. Then being "brought up on charges" on a regular basis for "crimes of A/R being too high". I learned how to provide quality customer service and, the importance of maintaining confidentiality and how to be a fantastic medical biller despite management ridicule. Management "micro-manages" and has no compassion for the employees. They'd rather have "robots" than humans working and taking these calls. Some co-workers were fantastic and, away from the office, would agree to the above and complain just the same. The hardest part of the job was being "picked apart" each and every day by a supervisor that enjoyed making us feel like a rabbid child in a corner and kicking us while we were down. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients, engaging with them and making A/R go down. Which it hasn't for a very long time! if you do decide to take this job be wary, keep your personal business to yourself. Never trust a supervisor...ever! They suck you in and then stab you in the back as soon as they mess up. OH YEAH, NEVER tell the receptionist anything either, everyone in the office will know your business 20 seconds later. No Joke! I don't even work there anymore and I still here the business through someone she talks to, even confidential information!
Pros
employee lunches
Cons
management, management! pay, work life balance, the supervisors are snakes
Good exposure to the medical field
Emergency Room Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAAugust 6, 2014
CEP provides scribes with a great opportunity to witness the realm of emergency medicine. Scribes quickly learn medical technology and the various careers in the medical field.
Extraordinary company!
Administrative Assistant to ER Medical Director (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 5, 2014
A fabulous company that truly gives each employee a feeling of belonging and value. Excellent learning opportunities and room for continued growth.
Great experience, not so great pay
Scribe (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 30, 2014
I absolutely love working in the ER, the experience is invaluable. However, being a college graduate I could stand to be paid a little better. Pay is my only complaint... everything else is incredible
Pros
incredible learning experience
Cons
low pay, crazy hours
Learned alot
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 26, 2014
Worked with knowledgeable doctors and nurses. Learned new medical terminology and practices.
Pros
saw real life emergency room scenarios
Cons
pace was a bit too fast at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CEP America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9