Cepheid Employee Reviews

Poor managment spoils an otherwise great company
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), SunnyvaleJune 26, 2015
Pros: Compensaton, work-life balance, making a product that helps the world.
Cons: Unwarranted criticism, bad technical decisions, hostile management approach.
Software departments currently suffering from bad management. Current software manager is unskilled both software and management. Unfortunately, a biotech companies don't necessarily have the skills to know how a Software department should operate, what can be expected, and how to get the software people good product requirements. Micromanagement and blaming of the engineers is becoming more common. Good employees are leaving the company, and lower skilled employees remain. Less skilled employees are being promoted into leadership positions, leaving the-more experienced to fix bugs in an aging and poorly designed code-base.
Fun with co-workers especially on a summer time we do barbecue
MATERIAL HANDLER 111 (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Some free lunch from the company
Cons: Half an hour lunch break
Productive at work, training new employee.
Hard working person, works lots of overtime even on the weekend.
Getting along with co-workers.
Standing all day at work, moving around all day.
Having fun while on the job.
Fun Development team
Software Developer Intern (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMarch 19, 2015
Great place to learn new technologies.. People friendly.. Good work - school - life balance. Flexible hours. Extremely nice HR!
was nice working in cepheid
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free coffee, tea, utensils
Cons: even youve been there for almost a year they wont offer permanent position
It was nice working in cepheid. Ive learned a lot in a short period of time.Some people were nice and ofcourse some were not.ive learned that eventhough your a good worker and you take a lot of overtime still they wont keep you
Good Place to retire
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Loved my job, very busy work environment & hands on. Good people, awesome HR, wish I was still there!
Growing company with many challenges
Field Service Engineer, Supervisor (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 14, 2014
Culture of company is changing. Solid products that will have positive affect on patient care. Many of the employees within the company care a great deal about the products they support. I learned a great deal within my time at the company that I can use moving forward.
Great company
Security Guard (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CANovember 18, 2014
Gained a lot of experience here with Dearman's handyman service
Review Summary of Cepheid
Machine Operator II (Former Employee), 904 E Caribbean Dr, SunnyvaleOctober 4, 2014
A typical day of work consumes of bag and tag, assembly and orbital weld. The hardest part of the job would be cutting and bending tubes.
it was only a short teporary job.
Medical Device Assembler (Former Employee), sunnyvale californiaAugust 19, 2014
Pros: free coffee and tea.
Cons: short breaks.
Its fun to work for a short term and missed my friends and coworkers.
It was a fun and friendly environment to work.
Order Management Specialist, Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch every friday
I have learned a lot from this company that I can't wait to share with a new company that I will be working with. It had a very good management system.
good people
Material Handler (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMay 26, 2014
Management was bad
A lot of overtime
Learned to be a Material Handler
Co-workers were fun
Hardest part was Management
The co-workers were the best
Fun company to work for
Production Chemist I (Current Employee), Bothell, WAMay 3, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: poor salary compensation
There is no such thing as a typical day, duties are ever changing, deadlines are tight, and tasks that need to get done often are placed on lowest level employees because higher level chemists feel that it is beneath them to do.
Fun Place to work
Instrument Technician Medical Device (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 29, 2014
Pros: knowledge builder of new devices
i got to learn lot from employee that were there for while. Engineer Team taught me lot also.
Ok work place
SCIENTIST (Current Employee), Sunnyvale CAApril 29, 2014
Pros - Most of the colleagues are fun to work with. Great technology in the diagnostics.
Cons - Too much pressure, some employees will not hesitate to back stab for their growth.
biomedical
Receptionist/A/R Specialist (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, caOctober 22, 2013
Pros: executive office
Cons: management
Receptionist-Temp. Answered and transferred calls. Greeted guest, issuing badges
Productive day in Front Desk
Receptionist (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, caOctober 19, 2013
Pros: the people were very caring and respectful
Cons: short tern job
Before I worked in the Manufacturing part of this job, I worked in building 5 as front desk. Did a lot of giving badges out to new employers and old employers.
Productive , Fun, and highly competitive workplace
Marketing Manager - Systems, Software (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAOctober 7, 2013
Amazing product, simple technolgoy, great impact towards healthcare. I have been blessed to have the opprotunity to be part of this wonderful and partake in it's rise from a $100 company to now nearly a $400 million dollars. I am able to help move the company strategically from Biothreat & Research driven products to more clinical diagnostics.

There are many brilliant minds at Cepheid, it is amazing to see so many people people from many different academia & cultural background work together to develop some truly impactful products.
Work under pressure yet surrounded by lots of food and snack all the time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAOctober 4, 2013
Pros: free lunch and snaks
Cons: no breaks
I loved and enjoyed working at Cepheid as a customer service/order entry processing different tasks and projects. I learned about all kind of test kids that were being made to hospitals and medical facilities to save people's lives and I found it very rewarding. I had a great manager who had a open door policy with the wonderful strategic management skills. The hardest part of the job was the longer hours (OT) and no breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job were free lunches during the meetings and snack and pastries on daily basis.
Good management, great team!
Software Automation Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 17, 2013
Great place to work. Interesting job, great people.
I enjoyed the fast paced environment and working on multiple projects at one time.
Hardest part of the job was working many weekends.
Great life at work. Good People
Service/RMA Coordinator (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJune 6, 2013
Great technology, and products, Good people................................