Cepheid Employee Reviews

Easy, no room for advancement and poor management/ supervisor
In Process Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 7, 2018
The work load depended heavily on a 24 hour shift team and lead to many confusions and frustrations, was not a fun environment to be in but other than that the work was easy but no room for advancement after training.
Pros
cheap vending machines
Excellent technology
Vice President & General Manager, Engineering (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Great people to work with and a healthy atmosphere of get-it-done in what can be a very slow moving industry. Very creative and innovative approach to the market.
Productive and somewhat stressful
Manufacturing Associate II (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 27, 2017
Job was fairly easy depending on how much information you can catch on. Very few coworkers are easy to get along with, but some can stab you in the back to save themselves in the workplace. Supervisor is very nice unlike most supervisors.
low hourly pay rate
Operator III (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 18, 2017
Friendly work environment working along the Manufacturing line for the Robal medical devices. You get a low hourly pay rate and mandatory have to work during the weekend.
productive
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 13, 2017
Every task or job is completed together as a team and we are able to give feedback to managers about how to improve everyday work tasks. I enjoy how we don't always work at the same stations everyday and are able to rotate to different work areas
Modern American corporate feudalism.
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 29, 2017
Directive style management. Your immediate manager determined work environment and satisfaction. Unfortunately, next level management could quickly change situation with reorgs and workplace instability.
Pros
Involvement In Vitro Diagnostic instruments/products.
Cons
Constant management and personnel churn.
Great Technology / Product Portfolio
Customer Service / Order Management (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 28, 2017
I worked at Cephied for a one year contract. It is a great company, with a competitive product mix and an awesome manager. Product and clinical training were on point.
Pros
Great Manager
Worked as a contractor in the automation engineering department.
Electrical and Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 20, 2017
I was hired as a contractor in the automation engineering department. When I was hired they has informed me that they had a lot of work to do, but parts were always getting delayed. Often times people will be working alone doing nothing. I was just released from the contract after being there for a couple months. The managers didn't have a clue what they're doing and training is very minimal.
Pros
TV in the main break room and subsidized smacks in the vending machine.
Cons
Poor management
Manufacturing & Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 15, 2017
A place to work, to stay busy and to earn an income. Opportunities for advancement very far and few in between. Typical production and manufacturing operation with the usual pros and cons.
Pros
Steady work, no slow seasons
Cons
Almost no room for advancement
Fun company being turned to Toxic company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 9, 2017
SInce the buyout the company has lost its charm. It is a mess where management has no idea on what is going on and restricting happens and more confusion is caused. Hope there is a shakeup in management that can turn this company around
Pros
Cons
DO not work till clean up happens
Front End Verification Engineering Intern
Front End Verification Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 27, 2017
Very Good environment and supportive seniors. They challenge the minds of their interns and associate them with their latest projects. I had a very good time and I learnt a lot. The company management is truly professional .
It is not all work , as we were encouraged to involve ourselves actively in leisure activities.
Over time was strictly no no.
My experience with Cepheid Inc will help me achieve position I dream , in future
Thank you Cepheid Inc.
Pros
Every Thing is good here
Cons
None, that I can point at
Excessive Travel Requirements
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 2, 2017
Reliability issues and excessive travel requirements were the reason for my departure. Due to the reliability and not enough FSE's to support the entire country, the travel in my region was 80-90%. Otherwise, the salary and benefits were very good.
Free Coffee and employee safety comes first
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 3, 2017
While working their the chairs are designed to fit the employees, free coffee and sometimes lunches. Equlal opportunity for workers.
Hard workers recognised
Pros
Free coffee and sometimes lunches
Cons
Cepheid is good company to work for.
Senior Service Technician (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 1, 2017
Cepheid is good company to work for with friendly people willing to training everyone. Especially service department willing to help with all departments with issue or solving problem. People are get alone and do whatever it take to get work done.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Management handle unfair with employee
A great learning experience
Machine Operator | Lead (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJuly 25, 2017
Cepheid is a fast pace work place that is full of multi-tasking. Thanks to that, I've learned to multi-task a lot of task, but doing it at a normal pace.
Diagnostic Consumables Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 19, 2017
Management thinks we don't hear them talk smack behind our backs, but we all have ears.

There is also no opportunity to grow. If management dislikes you, you will most likely not get promoted even if you have worked there for years.

I was also told that HR offered me a salary below the minimum of what my title entailed. THANKS HR!
Productive fun work place ping pong tabel
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CAJune 14, 2017
Clean job clean inviorment gowning up required working with medical parts so we dnt contaminate medical parts we inspect parts maintaining a clean and safe work area pallatizing packaging rwo
Pros
Company lunches every quarter ice cream socials
Cons
Short breaks
good place
Material Handler 4 (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 14, 2017
good place to work but no opportunity. been there almost 3 yrs and received one raise. I bust my but and get nothing in return. Hours are good that I have but looking for more.
great enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJune 2, 2017
Wonderful company to work for I absolutely loved it! Really productive and fun workplace, great staff and very nice and helpful team members. Everything about Cepheid is awesome!!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Educative , Productive and Inspiring
Electrical Design Engineer (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 29, 2017
I have just joined Cepheid. I am unable to comment on anything except that the company employees were more than eager to welcome me and make me at home on my first day.
The more I worked in this company , the more I became impressed.
Work Culture is like any other reputed MNC where they actually help you to achieve excellence.
Pros
Every thing that you can expect from an MNC
Cons
Not to my knowledge.