Cepheid Employee Reviews in United States

Workplace is fun
Consumables Qualification Tech(Junior Engineer) (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 22, 2016
People are friendly and understandable. It is across multi cultures.
I love the workload. The work never end. Get up and look toward another busy day that at the end with a big accomplishment. Love the work ethic.
Fabulous company to work for
Lead Material Handler, CA (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 16, 2016
I have been working for Cepheid for Four months and I am thrilled to be employed here. The company is focused on the Biomedical industry and is innovative and extremely responsive to healthcare requirements in quality assurance.

The growth opportunity is great as we are opening a new production line which is based in Sunnyvale.

Truly a fantastic company! Any company that keeps the work local rather than outsourcing is encouraging to work for.
Pros
Subsidized vending
It could be better
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 14, 2016
This company could be a great place to work at if the culture was right. One of the things noticed about the senior managers is they have a huge preference for people from the Big 4 to get more responsibilities of preference treat when new opportunities arise within the company.

The groups within finance team don't work well together. They don't share information and a lot of times that just leads to unnecessary chaos. This is an area senior management needs to iron out.

It is also noted that most of the folks will speak in their mother tongue and that tends to make the person in their team that can't speak/understand being left out in the dark. The feeling of inclusiveness in the team is not there. This leads to more favoritism to the person that is the same ethnic background.
Pros
Company's industry, innovations, location
Cons
Culture, Favoritism, poor communications, lack of team work.
Productive Work Environment
Machine Operator/ Quality Product Inspector (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 8, 2016
Working at Cepheid was a great manufacturing experience. This place creates medical devices to test DNA from any living thing. There might be some ups and downs between the employees, but everyone is somewhat easy to get along with. Management varies in different areas; some are very good and some are horrible. The hardest part of this job is when there are no materials during production; that's when we are questioning, 'where are the parts, where's the supervisor/lead, how can we keep production numbers up, why is there downtime.' The most enjoyable part of this job is learning multiple machines and operating them to create the medical devices for doctors and medical places to use. Overall, a great learning experience at this place.
they dont care about the people who work for a long time
Manufacturing Instrument Assembler III (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 5, 2015
environment is nice and awesome. i thought everything is perfect but suddenly it change so quick. Cepheid let go their Instrument Manufacturing and give it to a contract company to do their GeneXpert Instrument "to save money".and they give employee 48 hours to decide if you gonna take the job from contract company, its take it or leave it situation. they didn't even give you a chance to stay for different position. of course people don't much have a choice to take that job. ok to make the story short . how sure your product is in good hand..how about quality? we are talking molecular instrument device.
Pros
2nd family . Instrument Manuacturing
Cons
they let go all their talented and loyal employee .
Ping pong table, Thursday was TV night, refreshments supplied
Senior R&D Technician/ Associate Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 26, 2015
I liked working at Cepheid. This was a totally new working environment for me. I was hired as a Test Technician. What we developed was DNA analysis systems, which was as I mentioned, totally new to me.
Pros
Flexible place to work.
Cons
A lot was thrown at me, but I can handle the heat.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Materials Lead (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 23, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management to ensure employees develop their careers. It is also great to know that at a typical day at work we are building products to save lives all around the world.
Poor managment spoils an otherwise great company
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  SunnyvaleJune 26, 2015
Software departments currently suffering from bad management. Current software manager is unskilled both software and management. Unfortunately, a biotech companies don't necessarily have the skills to know how a Software department should operate, what can be expected, and how to get the software people good product requirements. Micromanagement and blaming of the engineers is becoming more common. Good employees are leaving the company, and lower skilled employees remain. Less skilled employees are being promoted into leadership positions, leaving the-more experienced to fix bugs in an aging and poorly designed code-base.
Pros
Compensaton, work-life balance, making a product that helps the world.
Cons
Unwarranted criticism, bad technical decisions, hostile management approach.
Fun with co-workers especially on a summer time we do barbecue
MATERIAL HANDLER 111 (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 15, 2015
Productive at work, training new employee.
Hard working person, works lots of overtime even on the weekend.
Getting along with co-workers.
Standing all day at work, moving around all day.
Having fun while on the job.
Pros
Some free lunch from the company
Cons
Half an hour lunch break
Fun Development team
Software Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 19, 2015
Great place to learn new technologies.. People friendly.. Good work - school - life balance. Flexible hours. Extremely nice HR!
was nice working in cepheid
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 17, 2015
It was nice working in cepheid. Ive learned a lot in a short period of time.Some people were nice and ofcourse some were not.ive learned that eventhough your a good worker and you take a lot of overtime still they wont keep you
Pros
free coffee, tea, utensils
Cons
even youve been there for almost a year they wont offer permanent position
Good Place to retire
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Loved my job, very busy work environment & hands on. Good people, awesome HR, wish I was still there!
Growing company with many challenges
Field Service Engineer, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 14, 2014
Culture of company is changing. Solid products that will have positive affect on patient care. Many of the employees within the company care a great deal about the products they support. I learned a great deal within my time at the company that I can use moving forward.
Great company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 18, 2014
Gained a lot of experience here with Dearman's handyman service
Review Summary of Cepheid
Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  904 E Caribbean Dr, SunnyvaleOctober 4, 2014
A typical day of work consumes of bag and tag, assembly and orbital weld. The hardest part of the job would be cutting and bending tubes.
it was only a short teporary job.
Medical Device Assembler (Former Employee) –  sunnyvale californiaAugust 19, 2014
Its fun to work for a short term and missed my friends and coworkers.
Pros
free coffee and tea.
Cons
short breaks.
It was a fun and friendly environment to work.
Order Management Specialist, Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 13, 2014
I have learned a lot from this company that I can't wait to share with a new company that I will be working with. It had a very good management system.
Pros
free lunch every friday
good people
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 26, 2014
Management was bad
A lot of overtime
Learned to be a Material Handler
Co-workers were fun
Hardest part was Management
The co-workers were the best
Fun company to work for
Production Chemist I (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAMay 3, 2014
There is no such thing as a typical day, duties are ever changing, deadlines are tight, and tasks that need to get done often are placed on lowest level employees because higher level chemists feel that it is beneath them to do.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
poor salary compensation
Fun Place to work
Instrument Technician Medical Device (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 29, 2014
i got to learn lot from employee that were there for while. Engineer Team taught me lot also.
Pros
knowledge builder of new devices