Cequent Performance Products Employee Reviews in United States

Cequent Performance
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INApril 22, 2016
A typical day at work started at 5am and ended at 3:30pm. This schedule allowed me time to do any running around or other business in the afternoon. The normal schedule was 40 hours per week at a Monday-Thursday 10 hours per day. Fridays off was another plus. I would usually spend time on the computer accessing inventory, and other functions to look at bill of materials. Searching for parts and helping with the receiving dock were very common. I would also be driving an industrial fork truck. The work environment was fast paced at many times which included an environment of just-in-time operations and attention to quality. Sometimes moral was a bit strained due to long hours or having to rework products. Many times machines should have been replaced rather than patched, and old parts were kept too long and took up space. Rework was deemed necessary because of having a culture for maintaining a high level of quality and customer satisfaction. The work environment was often dirty because it is a welding shop but was told it was cleaner than most in the industry.
Pros
Continous Improvment, learning oportunities, 3 day weekeends sometimes, and good compensation
Cons
Old Machines, long hours, outdated inventory system, plant overfilled with product at times
Co-workers are great
AP/AR/Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 14, 2016
Work well with everyone here. The hardest part of working here is moving up.
Love being part of our employee association and being able to do fun things for everyone that I work with.
Manufacturing organization with top management experience in finance
Sr. Product Manager Vehicle Wiring and Lighting (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMarch 31, 2016
manufacturing & distribution relocations combined with import challenges is something they are working hard to resolve
ok place to work
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIApril 24, 2016
good place to work, too many changes though, you nevr knew if you were next to lose your job. I really thought i would retire from there
Pros
great culture
Cons
job security
Great facility to work for
Inventory Coordinator/receiving dept (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Every day is a different challenge and I love that. The team here works very well together. I am going to miss working here very much. The company is closing our facilities here in El Paso and Juarez at the end of March.
Pros
very good working environment
Cons
no cons
it was a good company till it closed
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 8, 2016
It was a good company then it decided to move operations to Mexico,displacing over 400 employees including press operators and welders.
Very hot and dirty place to work, and the fact they are moving to Mexico is a major con.
welder (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INMay 25, 2013
My typical day is sweating right as I walk in the door from the heat of the ovens and welding. Paperwork is filled out every hour with the majority filled out before work. Quality processes are then followed such as; making a first piece, measurements, and paperwork. I have learned many things while I worked here which I self-taught many through observation and practice. Welding, brake press set-up, and fixture development are some examples. My co-workers are very hard workers and most are happy in their positions. The hardest part of the job is, that even though I have worked very hard and have been the person everyone has counted on to accomplish tasks I have been overlooked for any advancement opportunities. The best part is that I get to work with my dad, even if he is my one of many bosses.
Pros
good benefits and good co-workers
Cons
very hot and dirty, also very little advancement and personal growth oppertunityies.
Would not recommend
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 22, 2015
Majority of the people are nice, but the company is very disorganized, and has a tendency to not address areas of need. The compensation is comparable to market rates, but the benefits are sub par and there is no accountability.
The Tekonsha facility is a great place to work. The Tekonsha team really cares for one another.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Tekonsha, MISeptember 4, 2014
Great co-workers. Great local management. Good work-life balance.
The job was fair and pay was decent.
Robotics Technician (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INOctober 29, 2014
Management needed a lot of help with understanding people skills. Good deeds went mostlly unnoticed while mistakes were never left unmentioned and disiplened.
Pros
wage was good.
Cons
an hours drive there and longer comute back home.
good workplace
Certified Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INJanuary 26, 2015
Was an ok job; lacked pay and mistreated. Had to better myself and further my career.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
wage and benefits
migwelder (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INDecember 20, 2014
very productive work environment cared about their employees, excellen wage and benefits
Pros
excellent wage and benefits
Cons
moved to mexico
Great work place
WELDER (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INDecember 10, 2014
Great work place . Union shop. Excellent management . safe work . Unfortunately they moved to Mexico
Pros
great pay
Cons
plant moved out of the us
all in all,this was a fun and challenging place to work.learning the automotive stamping business was quite challenging
Tool and Die Maker (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INFebruary 13, 2014
a typical day at work was challenging in a way I could learn new things troubleshooting on the press floor and new design in
fixtures and die making.
I achieved my journeymen tool and die certificate thru CPP. And can honestly say now,we did things the right way,pride in workmanship has stayed with me.
the hardest part of the job was when things get slow and the best part was when I had a challenging detail or job,i enjoy a good mental challenge!
Pros
quarterly attendance awards were awesome, and i only missed 1 in my 19 years with cpp
Cons
i would have to say the commute to and from cpp was the worst part, as i live 47 miles from goshen in.that i am hoping to never repeat
very good place to work
general labor (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INMay 16, 2015
it was very good place to work learned how to use many different pieces of equipment managers were great fellow employees were friendly
Was awarded For my work some of the time
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INApril 12, 2013
Good company to work for at first. They are in the process of laying off all my friends and relocating to Mexico so the company will no longer be in the same location. Very Hard Working Conditions. Sometimes 75 hour weeks for months on end. But good overtime checks.
Pros
learned how to drive fork lift.awarded employee of the year 2011
Cons
bad work environment
Great benefits and friendly work environment
Assistant Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Tekonsha, MIJune 4, 2014
Co-workers become like family and understand the interworkings of everyday life.
Pros
active in community and has employee committees
Cons
lack of growth and slow pay increases even for long term employees
Fun Company
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 12, 2014
CPP is a great company to work for. It is currently going through organizational and cultural shifts which can be difficult but there is never a dull moment.
good place to work/ moved to Mexico
Quality Auditor/ CMM operator (Former Employee) –  Goshen, InDecember 20, 2013
good place to grow, Plastic Form was a Cequent Company that was sold and Cequent allowed me to transfer to Goshen plant
Good people, many friends, good benefits
Mig Welder (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJune 13, 2014
Overall a good place to work, fun, friendly people.
Good supervisors. Helpful co-workers. Clean atmosphere.
Strict working guidlines
Pros
for meeting goals awarded dinners and lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cequent Performance Products. Our community is ready to answer.

Cequent Performance Products Reviews by Location