Cerebral Palsy Associations of NYS Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to work
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Great Benefits

Great work Schedule

A wonderful experience to work with the individuals

The hardest part of the job is when they get sick and have to stay in the hospital.
Benefits
Cons
mandations
Not to bad
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 5, 2017
Comfy work environment, home like setting, individuals are well taken care of. ALOT of over time, good insurance, union job. Relaxed Pace management doesn't really bother you but are present.
CP environment can be stressful at times.
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
Staff have to complete multiple tasks outside their job description and the requirement are not compensated. Also staffs are unpaid for the job they're expected to complete.
It's a good place to work, but management can be better
Day Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2017
This job is beneficial if you enjoy taking care of ppl, over my 7 years of working at this company I can tell you the best part of the job is the individuals that you take care of, although the management can use some improvements, the guys you take care of will feel like family to you
work review
Relief Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 8, 2017
Job pays decent with experience. if your new to the direct care field this agency is pretty decent. uses computer to login and the. and it all depends on the residence and borough your in..
Scheduling
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 4, 2017
Only opinion I can share during my current time of employment, is that this agency doesn't care if your a student. They want to be number one priority and nothing else matters. They don't work with their employees as far as making a temporary switch for a semester.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Don't work with students or people who has another job prior to there employment
Productive and fun work place
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx nyDecember 17, 2016
Great opportunities to enhance your live for the dis advantage and help promote satisfiying and meaningful lives with living individuals with some dis advantages while focusing on their wanting and desiring independance
Pros
Lunch depends on hours work either half hour or hour
Stressful overworked with no management support or proper training
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 13, 2016
Very unprofessional agency, too much gossip from all areas and lots of clicks. Staff don't stick together, and no support system for employees. Sad but true
Pros
1199 medical and dental
Cons
Deligates are a joke. No breaks and the gossip rate is off the roof
overall this company taught me everything i know dealing with adults with disabilities
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2016
cerebral palsy association of nys made me want to pursue nursing, the staff are easy going and very dedicated and supervisors and understanding
Pros
good staff
Cons
more pay
The worst place to work hands down
direct care counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 3, 2016
I worked the morning shift in the Bronx as a Direct Care Counselor. The shift began at 6am, which required me to get up at 4am to make provisions for travel. I was part time. I worked four hours a day from Mon-Wed and one full day on the weekends. A typical day required me to service the individuals making sure most of their domestic needs were met. (cooking, cleaning, laundry, and so on.) That part of the job was ok. It was working with SOME of the staff that left much to be desired. Very combative, disagreeable, Just down right mean.

Traveling in the wee hours of the morning in the winter is quite unnerving to say the least, however when I voiced my concerns about being called at 4:58 in the morning for a site change by a supervisor who gives poor directions. I was told my safety was not important. I could go on, but I'll stop here for the sake of time.
Pros
1199 union benefits
Cons
Too many to name
Great place to work.
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 17, 2015
I work in the Bronx. Its a great place to work with supportive management and co workers. Great Benefits (1199) & learned a lot from working here. I can honestly say I love my job.
Cons
unpaid lunch breaks
Volunteer Organization
Human Services Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2012
It's great for experience, however it is more for an Associates level in internships.
Pros
1 hour lunch, sometimes work days are shorter.
Cons
hires within company, and no room for advancement