Cerebral Palsy of Massachusetts, a social service non-profit agency which provides community based services that supports the efforts of children and adults with developmental disabilities to live as independently as possible in the least restrictive environment, is seeking a full-time System/Network Administrator for our Fiscal Intermediary Program located in Quincy, MA.
The System/Network Administrator will be responsible for optimizing network performance to deliver required information to end users. The ideal candidate will have the ability to evaluate critical systems and determine solutions, and work as a member of the team to make the solution a reality.
Reports to: Manager of Information Technology
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintaining, monitoring, and securing the LAN and the WAN;
- Deploying security patches, hot fixes, and software updates;
- Managing licenses for OS-related software;
- Issues relating to the Avaya phone system;
- Recommending hardware and software purchases;
- Documenting network functions
- End-user support with technical problems they may encounter in the operation of software, hardware, operating systems, e-mail, etc.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
A working knowledge of technologies including;
- Windows server and client versions and related utilities,
- E-mail servers,
- Linux Operating systems configuration and support,
- Cisco router/switch administration,
- Wired and wireless networking,
- System security techniques and firewall administration
Credentials and experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or a related degree, or equivalent education and work experience.
- A customer service focus, good teamwork skills, and a pleasant demeanor.
Ability to lift 70lbs essential
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program that includes medical, dental, and SEP retirement plans, Life and LTD insurance and generous paid time off.
We are conveniently located near the Wollaston Station on the Red Line. Must provide own transportation for occasional travel to our Taunton office.
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Resumes should be sent in plain text, unformatted files.
Cerebral Palsy of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.