Cerebral Palsy of Westchester Employee Reviews

Cerebral Palsy Westchester
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYJuly 22, 2017
My experience at CPW was very positive. Supportive team approach, and as the Behavioral Specialist I was on beeper throughout the day was on call for behavioral emergencies. It was fast paced (which I loved) and challenging.
Pros
Was on a school schedule so I was off on snow days!
Cons
Lack of training with some of the staff members, but I was able to educate them on basic behavioral approaches.
Advocacy or lack thereof
Former staff (Former Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYJuly 20, 2017
When first hired at CPW, the experience was enjoyable as it was a new field for me. The ability to truly advocate for those with/without a voice, or under served was a pleasure. The idea behind active programming really allowed for staff to plan and execute creative, meaningful experiences for the Participants.

There is a huge disconnect between management and staff. One of the quick solutions is being reactive opposed to proactive.
Pros
Staff tend to work together to get through the day, If ioverworked for $10/hr, low/no benefit factor
Cons
Lack of incentive to work, poor/horrible communication b/n mgmt and staff, lack of help/support, terrible working conditions, no resources for building employee knowledge base, trainings are a joke, lack of staff support
Good Start
Residence Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYJuly 10, 2017
I worked at CPW a very long time ago, but it was great. I enjoyed the people I worked with. I can't remember much since it was so long ago, but I did enjoy it.
Poor organizing
Community Day Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYMay 24, 2017
The whole company is going in the red. upper management only watch out for friends and family members back. the workload doesn't and never matches the pay. Most staff are very childish, making the environment uncomfortable to work in.
Pros
Cons
everyting
Loving individuals with disability.
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYMay 22, 2017
My days at work are good. The individuals are understanding and cooperative. I learned how to adjust to each of their needs. Management is unfair, lie and only think about themselves. The hardest part of the job is listening to the lies management tells when they try to mislead staffs, and the point that they pay us $10 without raises to do a lot of work. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking the individuals to places so that they can live an adventurous life even though they are wheelchair bound.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Fraudulent Company who under pay their employees
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYMay 2, 2017
A typical day involves 2 staff members overseeing classrooms of 15 individuals, when the ratio should be 4:12 individuals. Overworked & def underpaid.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Poor management, no organization, lack of proper communication, under the table pay wages for select preferred, favoritism, no promotion from within company, filthy & mold infested work location(s), shifty administration
great place to work
Habilitation Specialist (Teacher) (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYApril 30, 2017
Well organized company. Great training. Management team are a great support team. Only thing I wish that were given more time to write up are notes
Pros
free parking
Cons
not enough time to do my case mgt notes
Supportive coworkers
Consumer Liaison (Former Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYMarch 14, 2017
Enjoyed the experience at CPW. The staff and my coworkers were a pleasure. My supervisor was SUPERIOR. She lead by example and never asked me to do anything she herself was unwilling to do.
n/a
Day Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYOctober 27, 2016
typical day with working with the consumers was great. its always good to be able to help others in need. i learned patience and team work makes the day go by quick
Interesting place to work
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYJuly 26, 2016
Busy morning greeting, and transporting Individuals to their classroom, and prepare them for their activities
How to communicate, support, and assist in their daily activities
Management was great
Co-Workers are good team players
Leaving the job
Knowing that I made someone feel good
Pros
Community outings with the Individuals
Cons
n/a

Want to know more about Cerebral Palsy of Westchester?

Ask a question
Residence Counselor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYApril 13, 2016
The one aspect about working here that I enjoyed is that everyday was different. Being part of the management team I learned and became well adapted to understanding different personalities. My co-workers did what ever needed to be done to help achieve the goals we were striving for at any particular time.
Pros
Appreciation for work performed is acknowledged periodically
Cons
Payroll and benefits compensation could be better.
Overall
Aide (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYMarch 1, 2016
its good job if your retired and need side money but as far as making alot of money thats not the case no one picks up there phones and its hard to reach people its just not the best job with people who got alot of bills and what not
helping the client with daily living
Direct care worker (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYSeptember 4, 2015
what I did as a direct care worker was house cleaning
cooking
exercise
mathematics and other studies
social skills.

the staff was friendly and management kept things in order
Pros
friendly people
Cons
too far
Productive work environment with amazing co workers
Day Hab Assistant/Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYJuly 2, 2015
Working at Cerebral Palsy of Westchester has been truly rewarding. It gives people the opportunity to work with, as well as build relationships with individuals of the CP community. Working with this organization has taught me plenty of things. For starters, I learned that cerebral palsy can come in many different forms. I have had the opportunity to work with both the adult as well as the children of Cerebral Palsy of Westchester. Working here it is very easy to gain a relationship with the consumers you work with everyday. As for the co-workers, majority of the people I have worked with are team players. The day moves faster when you have people that's willing to help and be helped. The most enjoyable part of my job is putting a smile on the consumers face.
Dynamic
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYJune 10, 2015
A wonderful experience where I learned a tremendous amount. I worked with management where the guidelines for productivity was created. My coworkers were awesome and we worked as a team.
great place to work
Art Activity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYJune 3, 2015
The management are very positive people and the people you work with are happy to be there. It is rewarding and uplifting work.
Making a Difference
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYApril 9, 2015
I work on several different projects throughout the course of my work day. The hardest part of my job is trying to coordinate the Team. I interact with the Individuals I serve to ascertain their needs/wants and formulate goals to meet their needs to ensure that they participate in their activities of daily living within the scope of their ability. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am able to talk with the Individuals that are verbal and they ask questions about their Plan of Care.
Very productive and enjoyable school atmosphere intriguing arousing learning in developmental challenged children, fun in being a second mouthpiece.
Teacher's Aide/Day Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Westchester, New YorkFebruary 10, 2015
Feeling a sense of accomplishment and achievement giving back and sharing what I have learnt; creating an atmosphere of excitement and fun to eager waiting children with great anticipation to learn. Learning never stops, we learn each day knowing and understanding that each child is different and unique likewise their learning ability; education is being an embodiment of the message one wishes to communicate. Rather than imposing ideas on the student a well rounded teacher attempt to create an environment within which the child will be able to make something of him or herself. One may never find perfect co-workers knowing that people are different and are from different communities however one should not focus on the negative but accentuate the positive in fulfilling the wholesome child with love, books, values, confidence, and character.
Children are easily distracted knowing that their attention span is limited so desire ongoing activity keeping their little minds involved and not easily distracted; a hard job to keep them focussed. It is most enjoyable when these innocent children are enjoying what is being taught and engrossed attentively to the task of learning.
hard
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYNovember 16, 2014
working with kids with mental disabilities was very stressful but i gained allot of knowledge and experience
Good work environment
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYJuly 23, 2014
Supervise, coordinate, implement and participate as necessary
Management can be improved
Co-workers were fun to be around
Dealing with management
The individuals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cerebral Palsy of Westchester. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8