Cerebral Palsy of Westchester

Cerebral Palsy of Westchester Employee Reviews

Dynamic
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Rye Brook, NYJune 10, 2015
A wonderful experience where I learned a tremendous amount. I worked with management where the guidelines for productivity was created. My coworkers were awesome and we worked as a team.
great place to work
Art Activity Coordinator (Current Employee), Rye Brook, NYJune 3, 2015
The management are very positive people and the people you work with are happy to be there. It is rewarding and uplifting work.
Making a Difference
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee), Rye Brook, NYApril 9, 2015
I work on several different projects throughout the course of my work day. The hardest part of my job is trying to coordinate the Team. I interact with the Individuals I serve to ascertain their needs/wants – more... and formulate goals to meet their needs to ensure that they participate in their activities of daily living within the scope of their ability. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am able to talk with the Individuals that are verbal and they ask questions about their Plan of Care. – less
Very productive and enjoyable school atmosphere intriguing arousing learning in developmental challenged children, fun in being a second mouthpiece.
Teacher's Aide/Day Care Aide (Former Employee), Westchester, New YorkFebruary 10, 2015
Feeling a sense of accomplishment and achievement giving back and sharing what I have learnt; creating an atmosphere of excitement and fun to eager waiting children with great anticipation to learn. Learning – more... never stops, we learn each day knowing and understanding that each child is different and unique likewise their learning ability; education is being an embodiment of the message one wishes to communicate. Rather than imposing ideas on the student a well rounded teacher attempt to create an environment within which the child will be able to make something of him or herself. One may never find perfect co-workers knowing that people are different and are from different communities however one should not focus on the negative but accentuate the positive in fulfilling the wholesome child with love, books, values, confidence, and character.
Children are easily distracted knowing that their attention span is limited so desire ongoing activity keeping their little minds involved and not easily distracted; a hard job to keep them focussed. It is most enjoyable when these innocent children are enjoying what is being taught and engrossed attentively to the task of learning. – less
hard
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee), Rye Brook, NYNovember 16, 2014
working with kids with mental disabilities was very stressful but i gained allot of knowledge and experience
Good work environment
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Rye Brook, NYJuly 23, 2014
Supervise, coordinate, implement and participate as necessary
Management can be improved
Co-workers were fun to be around
Dealing with management
The individuals
Graduate School
Medicaid Service Coordinator (MSC) (Current Employee), Rye Brook, NYJune 10, 2014
I started working at CPW during my last year attending Graduate's school for mental health counseling. The work environment and hours were flexible with my school schedule. I gained a lot of experience working with individuals with disabilities as well as learning the clinical aspects of the daily operations.
Was a fun experiance
Pre-school teacher (Former Employee), 456 North St. White Planes, NYJune 14, 2013
Working for CPW was a great experience and has taught me a lot about children with developmental and behavior problems.
The clients there are very loving and caring
Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee), Rye Brook, NYApril 17, 2013
Pros: different trainings, learning new goals
Cons: short breaks
upon arrival, greet the clients and assist with their daily living skills. I learned that they like to be productive and social in the community. Management was fine to work with, good people. My co-workers was the best team there. The hardest part of my job was not being able to work on my days off. I enjoy being able to put a smile on they faces when they are feeling down.
Top management works you like a dog! Never any praise
counselor (Former Employee), Rye Brook, NYApril 9, 2013
Pros: the clients
Cons: no one ever said thank you.
Never any support from top management (including human resources). Need to watch your back at all times!
No core value and lazy Management
Teacher Aide (Former Employee), Rye Brook, NYApril 8, 2013
Cons: short breaks, heavy lifting, getting hit, slapped, pinched, and bit by students. poor healthcare, poor mamnagent
A typical day at work would include taking a child off the bus, bring them to the classroom, and then to the changing room. After the first change, I'll feed my 1:1 breakfast and then prepare for morning – more... circle, which takes about 30-45 minutes. Depending what day it was we would either have independent goal to complete with the children or gym, art, music, or pet therapy. Once those task were complete then I would prepare lunch for all the children in my classroom whom ate by mouth. After lunch it would be time for the afternoon change and then mat time. By this time it's around 12:30pm and I would take me 30 minute lunch. After lunch I would go back to the class and begin working. After all the staff have return from lunch we set the children up for peer interaction, where thy would play a game together, enjoy tactile stimulation, or a story. Finally we take the children for their last change of the day and get them prepared to go home. – less
Great place
IT Director (Current Employee), Rye Brook, NYOctober 18, 2012
Pros: hours
Cons: not advance
I have been working as IT Director/Network administrator for the last 7 years which I enjoy with my coworkers.
productive and fun place to work for teenagers
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Rye Brook, NYSeptember 4, 2012
i hope they got a budget to give their employers a raise those type of jobs need a decent pay
its ok
Residential Counselor/Driver (Current Employee), new rochelleJuly 22, 2012
Pros: its ok
Cons: its ok
its ok the people are ok cant say much good besides i enjoy the consumers
classroom setting
Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee), Rye Brook, NYJuly 12, 2012
helping mental and phyical disabled participates in every day activity
Cerebral Palsy of westchester is like a second home to me.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), New Rochelle, NYDecember 11, 2011
Pros: happy making people life better
Cons: maybe having to cover some shift unexpected
I have been working for cerebral palsy of westchester for almost a year and I don't have any complaints. The consumers I work for is every loving and the staff all work together as a team. No management problems at all.

Cerebral Palsy of Westchester Salaries