CEREBRAL PALSY

CEREBRAL PALSY Employee Reviews

caregiver
personal care assistant (Former Employee), Brockton, MAJune 21, 2015
I enjoyed doing this position because I am very passionate for handicap people and I love to help others. I am a very kind and soft hearted person (I guess you can say). I just want everyone to be safe and happy and I will do everything in my power to make it happen.
Great learning experience
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 19, 2015
Pros: learning about the disease and side effects
Cons: long drive no help
Took care of the residents everyday needs resident was total care. I took resident to appointments as well as feeding, bathing etc..
cerebral palsy is excellent to work for you help people to stay at home
Patient Care Attendant (Former Employee), Quincy, MAApril 28, 2015
Pros: great conversation
Cons: dont get off till 1 am no car hard to get taxi
excellent couple to work for caring giving i learned a lot working for mr curry vent care how to give meds through a gtube how to use a hoyer lift how to suction how to ambu an unresponsive patient. a typical day consist of doing vital signs washing dressing and feeding pt transfer from bed to wheelchair changing trach suctioning every 3 hours writing notes making bed cleaning dishes digital stem doing laundry.
IT IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK FOR
P.C.A. C.N.A. (Current Employee), New Bedford, MAApril 7, 2015
Pros: ONE ON ONE CLIANT CARE
I T TRY TO PUT HER IN A GOOD MOOD AN KEEP POSITIVE THOROUGH IN HER FOR THE DAY MAKE SURE SHE EATS AN DRINKS HELP WITH BATHROOM GIVE HER MED.
Loved the residents
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee), Fall River, MAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Residents were so loveable
Cons: Leaving at the end of my shift
Typical work day would be walking in the door and already my residents are smiling and laughing. I learned that not only the elderly need help but everyone does.
fun
Direct Support Person (Former Employee), Belleville, ILMarch 25, 2015
This place was not a good company to work for, If you had a family emerencty they would not let you call off. They do not give the employee 40hrs
Good pay
CNA/Certified nursing assistant (Former Employee), Swansea, MAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: its one on one care
Cons: i get attached to the person i am caring for.
Love that I could help an individual reach her health goals and give her a better way of life each day. Enjoy working one on one with one patient so they have all my attention and I can help them with their daily needs.
productive and fun.
Personal Care Attendant (PCA) (Former Employee), Quincy, MAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: don't see anyone and long hours
Worked with children with a disability such as mood disorders and autism. very fun job and productive and you always learn something new. as for the work enviroment. Since it's at home you never get to network with other people and build knowledge.
Fun and Safe Environment to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee), Fall River, MADecember 10, 2014
Pros: good client, enjoyable work days.
Cons: early hours, late nights
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to work with people. I enjoy being around people; and I enjoy talking to them about their problems. I'm a good listener and I don't judge anyone's problems at all. While I do my hours I enjoy talking to my patient about his problems or the activities and events that are happening in his life. He is a enjoyable person to talk to and actually asks about my life as well.
being able to work closly one on one with each client
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee), Halifax, MADecember 1, 2014
Pros: working one on one and getting to know the client and just making them happy.
Cons: knowing they are not going to get better
take care of the client with everyday activities. bathe, dress, change bedding with client still in the bed. Meal preparation, cooking meals and cleaning the house.
I learned how to look at life in the way the client does and become not just a companion but a friend.
I didn't have co-workers. I worked alone.
The hardest part of the job was seeing the client sick or knowing they are not going to get better and that the only thing that can be done is make them as comfortable as possible.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the client happy.
Productive and fun workplace as a team player
Home Healthcare Aid (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 22, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation days, awards, such as hats off for a great job performance
Cons: healtcare was not provided as these were temporary jobs without benefits.
My typical day at work was accomplished at these jobs. I leaned a lot of new skills at these jobs. Management was great instilling working as a team and displayed very professional work ethics. The jobs weren't hard , I was trained for my duties before doing all tasks. The most enjoyable part of these jobs were working as a team.
Calm and relaxing workplace.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Fall River, MANovember 12, 2014
Pros: good break times.
Cons: not to many work days in the week.
Very calm and relaxing hands-on type of workplace.Quick and easy.Individual type of job where you can go by your own pace.
It's nice for a starter job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), New BedfordOctober 27, 2014
Cook clean, taking customers orders making change
General manager was a jerk
co workers were okay for the most part
hardest part dealing with a bad manger
enjoyable getting out early
PCA
Assisting and caring (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: doing daily care with confidence
Cons: making sure they were happy and comfortable
help elderly in all they needs,personal care," loving care" shopping and healthcare.
that job help me to get another environment,because of the team work.so in one word it wasn't fun at all
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), White Plains, NYSeptember 24, 2014
a typical day of this were when we go out with the consumer's and we also have free movies too, if we go to a movie theater. What I learned from that job, is to treat the human being as everybody; even though they have a disability, because ,we all are the same the hardest part in that job was the team work were not corporate. I did not really have any enjoyable in that job, because that seems like everybody were looking for their interest, but they don't know what team work is .
great company great patients
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Randolph, MASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good food andpeople
Cons: healthcare
having to work in someones home to do housekeeping and cooking and helping someone with their everyday needs is great
Great working taking care of loved ones
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee), Hudson, MAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: visiting once everything is done
Cons: some heavy lifting
I arrive and start with laundry, while that is going I start picking things off floors to vacuum. Once that's finished Ill dust and do the dishes. Once laundry is finished Ill do their errands around town or take to appointments. I enjoy doing this.
great place to work
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee), Brockton, MAJuly 9, 2014
Cons: not much benifits
I personally love my job, my typical day is going to the patient and giving them 1:1 personal care that they need. the hardest part about the job I would say is getting attached to the patients and forming and friendship with them since your with them daily and if something happens to them it can affect you a little bit, the most enjoyable part for me about the job is knowing I got to make a difference in someone's life and by me going there and helping them is making a difference in there life,
Non-Profit
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Quincy, MAJune 17, 2014
Non-Profit company. Located in Quincy, MA. Great people, and wonderful benefits.
Cerebral Palsy is a great place to work, there is not a time where you are standing still, you will always have something to do.
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee), Quincy, MAJune 12, 2014
Pros: working at the clients home, less travel, convenient store in apartments where clients resided.
Cons: ruff days with clients, not enough paid sick and or personal days, when client is admitted to the hospital the pca doesn't get paid those days when the hospital
My typical day at work would be busy, long but not strenuous. What I have learned from working with this company is healthcare is important, the ones you take care of is important, and there are going to be challenges in the way but I have learned to have lots of patience. Management is really good, they have a great communication team of individuals, who are dedicated like myself, to taking care of – more... others in need. The hardest part of the job was dealing with patients who won't and didn't cooperate. there were times patients wouldn't take or let me administer their medicine, change their clothes, refusal to eat or drink at times.The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your patient, who they are, what they like, what they dislike, having a great realationship with your clients and or patients. – less

CEREBRAL PALSY Salaries