CEREBRAL PALSY Employee Reviews

I love what i do
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MA 02072September 1, 2017
Yes I do believe we do get cheated on pay due to the work we do alot off work is required for different situations other then that I love working with my client's,when you first start some times they make a mistake and you don't get your check
Pros
I like working with people, I like the fact that I don't have no one breathing down my neck
Cons
The pay, the union that they say they have but don't help you @ all, and still take $ out of your check for union dues, some times its hard to get a job
displeased
Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYAugust 16, 2017
This particular location is all about favoritism between staff and administration. Workplace can be unorganized and lack communication. Staff are under paid for the amount of work that they do.
great for working around your schedule
Personal Care Attendant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAAugust 8, 2017
Nice jo if you enjoy helping others in need. Pay is good and they are easy to get ahold of if needed. I learned how to work with patients and gettig the equipment they needed.
Fun work place
CNA/PCA (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 13, 2017
Very good company for many years helping people, I'm been working for this company for long period 14 years , encouraged the elderly and disabled people to be more independent
Cons
Health care
Flexible and very understanding family. Great to work with.
Student Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 11, 2017
This is a local Nashville family that is allowing me to complete a HEP for their son. I've been able to have great hands-on experience so far along with practice developing and progressing a HEP. Very great experience so far!
They provided payroll checks
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Walpole, MAMay 10, 2017
They were a bit antiquated with their payroll system but then switched online and payroll process became seamless. I did not work for the company directly, they just provided payroll services through the MASSHEALTH Personal Care Assistant program. I cared for my elderly grandparents, which was helpful to earn money while caring for my loving grandparents.
Great Weekend Work!
PCA (Former Employee) –  Westport, MAApril 13, 2017
The work was very easy for the most part. I suppose that depends on the client, but it was great Sunday work. A lot of outings and quiet rides most of the time.
Woman had a great personality was a great time working for her.
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Turners Falls, MAApril 3, 2017
Each morning i would greet my client take her for a shower and dress her. i would assist her in being transferred from her wheelchair to her bed etc.The hardest part of the job was dealing with her mood disorder, one moment she could be very polite and positive the next negative cursing at me and just down right rude. The over all work place was a bright setting that i felt very welcomed upon entry. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help her and see how much she truly appreciated my company.
Cons
Short break
Great place to work.
pca, hha (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 21, 2016
This company fosters independence on an individual basis to each consumer. I feel that spreading help to individuals via internet is very valuable for those who can't get out as freely.
working in a family home enviroment, with other siblings
Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 31, 2016
A typical day at work is rewarding in many ways. To see the smiles on my patients faces just lights a spark of joy inside of me letting me know that i am appreciated and welcome.I very much enjoy taking care of patients that are in need of extra help just to get thought their day and to have a peaceful nights sleep. being able to help someone on the daily bases to get though their day and evening is motivating for me, i look forward to each day being there to give a helping hand and maybe some relief for parents and other family members that might need someone who understands the struggles that they face each day.The hardest part of the job would be seeing a patient make a turn for the worse with their condition.
A great work place if your patience and caring
Personal care aide (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 12, 2016
I LOVED MY JOB with Cerebral Palsy .Im actually interested in getting back to being a personal care aide very soon.My typical work day i come in greet my consumers make sure their feeling well and that their mental state of mind is okay for them to go through the day . I had two clients so id help one get in the shower brush her teeth was her face brush her hair and make sure shes dressed same with the guy . cleaning the urinals and the bathroom the kitchen and the bedrooms doing laundry and meal prep
i also attended appointments and events they needed me to attend
Medicine was given at certain times of the day and we would do range of motion . my clients where great they always worked with me & understood some of the things they needed me to do they also had to be patient with me .I feel like the patient was my family .They are really great people
Pros
good pay, Good hours, breaks inbetween, good communication
Cons
n/a
workplace is ok
Residential Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 6, 2016
A typical day a work is getting the resident up assist with am hygienic. doing activities with them. my co-workers are the best.
Helping senior citizens with assistant living
Personal care aide (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2016
I would on a routine, Go to doctors appointments, Maintain a clean apartment for client. I would do laundry/ do food shopping for client provide assistant health care..
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Alot of hard work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 15, 2015
I say alot of hard work is because elderly folks want to do things their way, and their way isn't always good. they will fuss and give a fight but you have to love them cause they really mean no harm.
Pros
Can take lunch at anytime
Cons
Elderly people are set in their ways..
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAOctober 15, 2015
Learned taking care of another and assisting in child's care. A typical day at work consisted of watching and making sure the child had everything she needed and entertaining her with activities until her parents came home. Assisting with feeding and assisting child with everyday needs.
This is a great company
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 26, 2015
I enjoyed working for someone in need. They are straight forward and easy to contact with any questions. I would work with them again in the future.
caregiver
personal care assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 21, 2015
I enjoyed doing this position because I am very passionate for handicap people and I love to help others. I am a very kind and soft hearted person (I guess you can say). I just want everyone to be safe and happy and I will do everything in my power to make it happen.
Great learning experience
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 19, 2015
Took care of the residents everyday needs resident was total care. I took resident to appointments as well as feeding, bathing etc..
Pros
learning about the disease and side effects
Cons
long drive no help
cerebral palsy is excellent to work for you help people to stay at home
Patient Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 28, 2015
excellent couple to work for caring giving i learned a lot working for mr curry vent care how to give meds through a gtube how to use a hoyer lift how to suction how to ambu an unresponsive patient. a typical day consist of doing vital signs washing dressing and feeding pt transfer from bed to wheelchair changing trach suctioning every 3 hours writing notes making bed cleaning dishes digital stem doing laundry.
Pros
great conversation
Cons
dont get off till 1 am no car hard to get taxi
It is a great place to work for
P.C.A. C.N.A. (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAApril 7, 2015
I t try to put her in a good mood an keep positive thorough in her for the day make sure she eats an drinks help with bathroom give her med.
Pros
One on one cliant care