CEREBRAL PALSY Employee Reviews

working in a family home enviroment, with other siblings
Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 31, 2016
A typical day at work is rewarding in many ways. To see the smiles on my patients faces just lights a spark of joy inside of me letting me know that i am appreciated and welcome.I very much enjoy taking care of patients that are in need of extra help just to get thought their day and to have a peaceful nights sleep. being able to help someone on the daily bases to get though their day and evening is motivating for me, i look forward to each day being there to give a helping hand and maybe some relief for parents and other family members that might need someone who understands the struggles that they face each day.The hardest part of the job would be seeing a patient make a turn for the worse with their condition.
A great work place if your patience and caring
Personal care aide (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 12, 2016
I LOVED MY JOB with Cerebral Palsy .Im actually interested in getting back to being a personal care aide very soon.My typical work day i come in greet my consumers make sure their feeling well and that their mental state of mind is okay for them to go through the day . I had two clients so id help one get in the shower brush her teeth was her face brush her hair and make sure shes dressed same with the guy . cleaning the urinals and the bathroom the kitchen and the bedrooms doing laundry and meal prep
i also attended appointments and events they needed me to attend
Medicine was given at certain times of the day and we would do range of motion . my clients where great they always worked with me & understood some of the things they needed me to do they also had to be patient with me .I feel like the patient was my family .They are really great people
Pros
good pay, Good hours, breaks inbetween, good communication
Cons
n/a
workplace is ok
Residential Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 6, 2016
A typical day a work is getting the resident up assist with am hygienic. doing activities with them. my co-workers are the best.
Helping senior citizens with assistant living
Personal care aide (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2016
I would on a routine, Go to doctors appointments, Maintain a clean apartment for client. I would do laundry/ do food shopping for client provide assistant health care..
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Alot of hard work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 15, 2015
I say alot of hard work is because elderly folks want to do things their way, and their way isn't always good. they will fuss and give a fight but you have to love them cause they really mean no harm.
Pros
Can take lunch at anytime
Cons
Elderly people are set in their ways..
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAOctober 15, 2015
Learned taking care of another and assisting in child's care. A typical day at work consisted of watching and making sure the child had everything she needed and entertaining her with activities until her parents came home. Assisting with feeding and assisting child with everyday needs.
This is a great company
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 26, 2015
I enjoyed working for someone in need. They are straight forward and easy to contact with any questions. I would work with them again in the future.
caregiver
personal care assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 21, 2015
I enjoyed doing this position because I am very passionate for handicap people and I love to help others. I am a very kind and soft hearted person (I guess you can say). I just want everyone to be safe and happy and I will do everything in my power to make it happen.
Great learning experience
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 19, 2015
Took care of the residents everyday needs resident was total care. I took resident to appointments as well as feeding, bathing etc..
Pros
learning about the disease and side effects
Cons
long drive no help
cerebral palsy is excellent to work for you help people to stay at home
Patient Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 28, 2015
excellent couple to work for caring giving i learned a lot working for mr curry vent care how to give meds through a gtube how to use a hoyer lift how to suction how to ambu an unresponsive patient. a typical day consist of doing vital signs washing dressing and feeding pt transfer from bed to wheelchair changing trach suctioning every 3 hours writing notes making bed cleaning dishes digital stem doing laundry.
Pros
great conversation
Cons
dont get off till 1 am no car hard to get taxi
It is a great place to work for
P.C.A. C.N.A. (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAApril 7, 2015
I t try to put her in a good mood an keep positive thorough in her for the day make sure she eats an drinks help with bathroom give her med.
Pros
ONE ON ONE CLIANT CARE
Loved the residents
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 1, 2015
Typical work day would be walking in the door and already my residents are smiling and laughing. I learned that not only the elderly need help but everyone does.
Pros
Residents were so loveable
Cons
Leaving at the end of my shift
fun
Direct Support Person (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 25, 2015
This place was not a good company to work for, If you had a family emerencty they would not let you call off. They do not give the employee 40hrs
Good pay
CNA/Certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAMarch 22, 2015
Love that I could help an individual reach her health goals and give her a better way of life each day. Enjoy working one on one with one patient so they have all my attention and I can help them with their daily needs.
Pros
Its one on one care
Cons
I get attached to the person I am caring for.
productive and fun.
Personal Care Attendant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 12, 2015
Worked with children with a disability such as mood disorders and autism. very fun job and productive and you always learn something new. as for the work enviroment. Since it's at home you never get to network with other people and build knowledge.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Don't see anyone and long hours
Fun and Safe Environment to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MADecember 10, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to work with people. I enjoy being around people; and I enjoy talking to them about their problems. I'm a good listener and I don't judge anyone's problems at all. While I do my hours I enjoy talking to my patient about his problems or the activities and events that are happening in his life. He is a enjoyable person to talk to and actually asks about my life as well.
Pros
Good Client, enjoyable work days.
Cons
Early hours, Late nights
being able to work closly one on one with each client
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, MADecember 1, 2014
take care of the client with everyday activities. bathe, dress, change bedding with client still in the bed. Meal preparation, cooking meals and cleaning the house.
I learned how to look at life in the way the client does and become not just a companion but a friend.
I didn't have co-workers. I worked alone.
The hardest part of the job was seeing the client sick or knowing they are not going to get better and that the only thing that can be done is make them as comfortable as possible.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the client happy.
Pros
working one on one and getting to know the client and just making them happy.
Cons
knowing they are not going to get better
Productive and fun workplace as a team player
Home Healthcare Aid (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 22, 2014
My typical day at work was accomplished at these jobs. I leaned a lot of new skills at these jobs. Management was great instilling working as a team and displayed very professional work ethics. The jobs weren't hard , I was trained for my duties before doing all tasks. The most enjoyable part of these jobs were working as a team.
Pros
employee appreciation days, awards, such as Hats off for a great job performance
Cons
healtcare was not provided as these were temporary jobs without benefits.
Calm and relaxing workplace.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 12, 2014
Very calm and relaxing hands-on type of workplace.Quick and easy.Individual type of job where you can go by your own pace.
Pros
Good break times.
Cons
Not to many work days in the week.
It's nice for a starter job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New BedfordOctober 27, 2014
Cook clean, taking customers orders making change
General manager was a jerk
co workers were okay for the most part
hardest part dealing with a bad manger
enjoyable getting out early