Ceres Unified School District Employee Reviews

Needs managment help
Substitute Health Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CAApril 11, 2017
As a sub you have no benefits, and most employees aren't very nice to the subs. As a sub you get no training just thrown in to figure it out on your own.
Various Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Ceres Unified School District has been a great place to work. Although difficult to advance, if you put in the time you will be able to do it. Communication is key and also who you know. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there and you will be noticed. All school and district staff should be paid more for all that do, but school/district administration are compensated very well.
productive workplace
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CAJanuary 17, 2017
You are greeted with open arms by the joys of a dozen of kids and your surrounding feel natural and heart warming. At times it does get tough because their are the occasional biting, scratching, and fighting with the kids but with the proper procedure you're in good hands.
Pros
benefits such as health, dental, and eye insurance.
Cons
not enough pay
Fun place with great people
Secertary IV (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Ceres Unified School District is a place where there is a work life balance. Tasks were laid out and feedback given immediately. Process improvement was welcomed.
Professional and People Oriented Work Place
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CADecember 30, 2016
Clearly defined contractural expectations
On-going professional development
Teacher-Friendly management
Professional and supportive Co-Workers
Year around employment opportunities
Rich in classroom resources and technology
Loved working with the kids
ASES Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAAugust 31, 2016
Management didn't really care about day to day activity, but if their idea and agenda didn't get implemented their were major problems.
Great Place if your going to School
SSA/Rec-Leader (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAAugust 16, 2016
While I enjoyed working here, the leadership at my site lacked and if you tried stepping up to fight for help or for your superiors to help you get blamed for failure. The principal had a very rude way of blaming me and my co-workers when he didn't see what we were dealing with.
Pros
Works around schooling
Cons
Bad leadership
Enjoyable and fun
Substitute Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CAJune 28, 2016
I had a great time working there. I loved the food so it was easy to sell. Chris the owner was the greatest. The hardest part of the job was not getting enough hours. The most enjoyable part was having such great co-workers and being around people daily.
Pros
Working in the afternoon and evening
Cons
When it went out of business
Productive and much hands on experience while being enjoyable
Student Ag Worker (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAMay 5, 2016
A typical day at work was working outside for 4 hours in the blazing hot sun. It was well worth the experience and what I learned. Us Student workers, learned how to plant, harvest, and care for crops. We also had to learn how to install and work with irrigation, since we had some leakage with the current irrigation system we had installed. It was very easy when it came to organization. We had a system, were certain tools went in certain areas of our shed where we also kept the tractors we used to help us with the farming. Since I had gone to school with all of my co-workers, we had a decent time enjoying the job because of each others company. I would say the hardest part of the job was trying to not have too much fun. Because quite frankly, the job was very enjoyable. And I think the most enjoyable times for me, was driving the tractor and operating it. I never operated such big machinery in my life before and that experience just felt awesome.
Pros
Free fruit and vegies
Cons
Only available to students and only in the summer
Fun workplace and interactive
ASES/ Student Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CAFebruary 13, 2016
I work with children so I am always ready for a challenge and the unknown. If I have an issue I can go to the appropriate supervisor and get it resolved. Co-workers are great and generous, I have learned that teamwork is key and individual ability to dissolve conflicts is great as well.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Temporary
Great work environment
English and Advisory Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Supportive staff and administration makes this a wonderful work environment. The district, school and teachers are committed to learning and keeping education relevant. Staff input is valued and helps to create a work environmen tconducive to learning.
fun workplace
After School Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAOctober 19, 2015
typical day included taking care of the students that you were left in charge with, and that included helping them with their homework
Pros
getting to deal with juveniles
Productive and fun workplace
CELDT Tester (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CASeptember 5, 2015
I enjoy being a CELDT tester because I enjoy being with kids. I get along with my co-workers and we all help each other as a team.
Great place to get experience with kids
Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  ceres, caJuly 5, 2015
a lot of planning before you start work and need to have a lot of patience to work with the students. Amazing co-workers and great leaders to help you learn and grow in the teaching field.
Good work place
Custodian 1 (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Work day was good peaceful.
I learned a lot about custodial duties.
Co-workers where great people to be around.
Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAFebruary 1, 2014
I loved my job with CUSD. Only problem was the program I worked for was state funded by California and they continued to cut program hours because the state is broke. Hours were restricted at one point. Hardest part of the job was getting either the children or adults to cooperate. Those circumstances were situational. But this job gave me the room to problem solve on my own, work with children (which I absolutely loved), work side-by-side with faculty and administration members. Great first job!
Pros
Great work environment, great staff, set hours: holidays, weekends off, etc.
Cons
Part-time work, no benefits
Creative outgoing and energetic workplace
Child Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJune 7, 2013
Throught out my time working for CUSD, I learned how to run a successful afterschool program that the kids and staff enjoyed. As well as how to communicate with my staff in a way that they respected me. All of the afterschool staff upper management, supervisors, to staff all felt like one big family, very comforting feeling when working with children. The hardest part of my job was showing discipline but also being fair and fun at the same time, with staff and my students. Best part would be seeing my students and staff thrive in the environment I created.
Pros
parties w/staff and students, meeting new students, making children smile and helping them succeed
Cons
being fair/equal in discipline, short staffed, overloaded with work and students
Everyday was different with new challenges
Sub Paraprofessional / Clerical (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAOctober 15, 2012
Sometimes I would work in the school office answering phones, doing absent and lunch counts. And other times I would be assisting the teacher with with activities and lessons, watching the children while on their recesses.
Pros
able to work with all types of children
Cons
not permanant
fun work place
Noon duty (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CAOctober 2, 2012
enjoy working with the staff and children just not enough hours
Productive and fun place to interact with kids
Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CASeptember 14, 2012
Good work place if you enjoy interacting with kids. Its fun and laid back.
Pros
part time. good if your going to school.
Cons
no wage avancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ceres Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5