Cerner Corporation Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 22, 2017
Management really doesn't care about their employees. When I started my boss did not even know what my job was and did not make it clear what was expected of me. I basically had to find things to do to stay needed since I really did not have many day to day job duties. To make it worse my boss would assign me a task 30 minutes before the end of the work day which needed to be completed that day. So I would have to stay late simply because my boss waited to tell me something needed to get done when I could have been told at the beginning of the day.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Management, Healthcare, hours, morale
life at Cerner as a Sr. TEL
SR. Technical Engagement Leader (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 19, 2017
The day begins with meetings pertaining to client projects, clients roadmapping sessions, eslcations with service requests logged, working with infrastructure on networking setup, team meetings, client calls with internal Executives around sales contracts coming up and hardware constraints. The most enjoyable part is working with the clients and helping through thier vision as an organization.
Pros
n/a
Cons
average work week is 60+
Great Place
Engagement Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 18, 2017
Great place to work.

I am still in school finishing my third masters so I thought it would be beneficial for me to do some looking around.

all around, great company to work for
relaxed work environment
Technology Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 18, 2017
Great Atmosphere, great manager, great traveling experience. It can get a little hectic at times, when juggling multiple projects. Overall I have great and supportive Co-workers.
Fast-paced environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 17, 2017
I've been at Cerner a long time and have had many great experiences. I've reached a point in my life where I am tired of the fast-paced, ever changing, demanding environment and planning to move no to something else. Great place to start a career.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
work-life balance
Good company to work for.
Desktop Administrator V (Current Employee) –  Jefferson Hills, PAJune 16, 2017
I enjoy working with my current employer. There is always something interesting and new to learn. I have been fortunate over the the years to work with good people, and pick up on new skills
Pros
Flex schedule, keeping busy, great customers
Cons
Being at a remote location, one is not able to engulf with the true company culture.
fun fast paced environment
Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 14, 2017
Work/life balance can be manageable depending on where you are in the company. My position is a set 9-5 position and I normally do not take work home with me when I leave. The hardest part of the job is the high turnover rate in my area. We are constantly losing and training new people. It's a great way to jump start your career if you are just starting out. Fun, fast-paced environment.
Pros
food days, company outings, room to move in the company
Cons
not much flexibility, can be demanding when short staffed due to high turnover rate
targeted for single individuals
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 13, 2017
Cerner is a great place to work if you are single with no family or if your spouse works there too. Great pay, benefits, and opportunity unless you are already settled down and have family and/or commitments outside work.
travel
Learning Consultant (Former Employee) –  KansasJune 12, 2017
I didn't mind the job I was doing as a learning consultant, but the travel is insane. home for MAYBE 36 hours at a time. never saw friends or family. it was rough but if you don't mind being gone 24/7, a good position
Great place to start your career in IT
Production Owner Architect (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 11, 2017
The dress code is laid back, jeans and a work-appropriate T-shirt is OK. Work experiences vary across all the organizations that make up the company as a whole. Some roles are overworked, while others are not, it depends on what your job function is at the company.

It's a great place for people to start their IT career. As long as you apply, what you hopefully learned in college, you will be able to work at Cerner. Management will vary from team to team. There are some micro managers, while other's take a more "hands-off" approach; it just depends on the team you join.

If you are thinking about taking a job at Cerner, be prepared for a face paced environment that changes frequently. HIT is an evolving field of technology, there is no "one size fits all"; the environment is ever changing.

The benefits and compensation are standard. For a single person, the healthcare is affordable. I hear from others with families that it's a little higher than usual, but not terrible. I guess that depends on whether you have a family or not.

Overall, Cerner is a good company to work for. You can, however, get burned out easily depending on where you work within the company.
Pros
Work from home, travel opportunities, team outings
Cons
Long/after normal business hour work, communication across orgs, sometimes poor drive of other team members
Good place to work for new college graduates
Consulting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 11, 2017
You will make lots of friends working at Cerner as everyone is pretty young and new to the company. Every position and team is different, and you don't have a say in what team you are put on so can't really predict beforehand if you are going to be working 60 hours a week with a really difficult project or barely making it to 30 hours bored out of your mind.
Pros
young, fun environment
Cons
unpredictable
Good for people starting out in their career
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJune 9, 2017
There is plenty of opportunity for just out of college hires.

They struggle a bit with older personnel and don't seem as well geared to that crowd.
Pros
Freedom, depending on your manager; Learning opportunities
Cons
Tools can be archaic; software development process and technology practices could stand updating
You will work hard, but people are committed to the mission
Integration Architect (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 9, 2017
Cerner has been a wonderful place to work and I have enjoyed my 3+ years there. Days can be long, but I leave with a real sense of accomplishment after bringing a facility live.
Uplifting and fast growing company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAJune 8, 2017
Cerner is a great company to work for from a professional development perspective. Management opportunities are provided at very early stages in the career. Work life balance and benefits are lacking.
Productive and fun work place
QA Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 8, 2017
A very good place to work at learnt many new things.The management is awesome there and also the work culture is too good.The hardest part of job is trying to navigate to the new tools.
Awesome Work Environment
Information Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 7, 2017
Awesome work environment, great potential for promotion and growth, Leadership pushes you to excel, Ability to move from one site to another within Corporation.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Communciation
Cerner
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 2, 2017
Lots of fun, food, free speech and conversations. Fast paced, many meetings, lots of training.

versatility, punctuality, prioritization

mentoring was one thing I learned while working at Cerner

The hardest part of the job at Cerner is catching up with numerous deadlines
Pros
wearing jeans to work was a good idea
Cons
too many meetings
Productive and fun workplace
Revenue Cycle Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 31, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Forces you to be extremly flexible by putting you into situations you're not always prepared for. There is a lot of potential for personal growth because of this.
High paced work environment.
Revenue Cycle Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 31, 2017
Good opportunity for new college graduates. This work is very technical as well as analytical. The company maintains a good work environment but be prepared to work and travel a lot and get paid for a regular work week.
Technical Solution Analyst
Technical Solution Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 30, 2017
It's very easy to be overlooked as you are a dime a dozen. Managers move quick as I have had 6 leads in 2 years. Managers don't know strengths of the team nor do some care, they simply want the numbers. Great experience out of college but majority move on as you have to play politics if you want to advance in Cerner.
Pros
Great Gym. Great Networking.
Cons
Middle Mangers Need Training, They Kill Culture Because They Only Want Numbers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cerner Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.