Cerner Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

A corporation that requires complete compliance to their way of life
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOOctober 26, 2015
This is a good place for those adept in the corporate world. There is no individuality allowed. No job security, you may be on one team one week, another the next week, and another the week after that.
Pros
Health clinic onsite
Cons
Horrible Health Ins benefits
Terrible Work Life Balance for Network Engineers
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  KSSeptember 8, 2015
Cerner is a great place to start your career or to gain experience. You have the opportunity to work with the latest and greatest technology. Cerner can also pay well depending on if you can prove your worth.

Senior Engineers will get frustrated with the low level talent that Cerner brings in. You are expected to be on call 24x7x365 and to answer your phone within 10 minutes. Even if you are not on call they will still call you.
Pros
New tech, fun people
Cons
No work life balance.
practice manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 16, 2015
Cerner is a great place to work especially for new graduates. There is a lot of opportunity to grow within the company and experience many aspects of business. They have a great mission and have a huge impact on healthcare today.
Good Place for Someone Starting in IT
Application Consultant (Current Employee) –  Branson, MONovember 10, 2015
Cerner is great for someone starting in IT. Compensation/benefts don't attract seasoned IT personnel. Benefits are average.
Pros
I didn't have to relocate.
Cons
Compensation is below the industry standard.
Corporate Games
Professional (Former Employee) –  World HeadquartersSeptember 3, 2015
I was employed with Cerner for five years. In that time, my evaluations exceeded expectations yet my raises totaled 2%. The company does not listen to the "working class", but only believes what the management team reports to them. They have been known to fire people with perfect work records if they don't agree with the management team, even if the idea is ridiculous. The HR department does help when questionable events occur. The HR department sorts through the policies to find a reason to fire those that are not corporate lackeys. If you work for Cerner, you are not allowed to think outside the box or have a life that you call yours.....Cerner OWNS you when you work for them. Worst job I have had in a thirty two year career.
Benefits
Cons
Do not respect employees as humans, just want someone that will never question ANYTHING>
Good place to grow your carrier
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 6, 2015
Best place I worked so far. Good culture and good opportunities to grow into. I recommend to anyone who is looking for job in IT or business.
Pros
money, culture, performance based promotions, good health care
Cons
no free food :P
Great Associates/ Great Supervisors who Care about their People
Armed Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAAugust 16, 2015
Everyday it's a Honor and Privilege to be able to protect the Associates of Cerner Corporation. My Supervisors are down to earth and what ever I need they are there for me and my CoWorkers. Before I worked at Cerner I worked as a Deputy Sheriff in a small county in Md. Since starting my Career at Cerner it feels like I'm in Heaven.
Pros
Management and CoWorkers
Cons
pay not enough
Lots of work lots of opportunities for recognition
Senior Integration Architect (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 5, 2015
I felt I had good opportunities to advance my knowledge and consulting abilities; less opportunities for advancement up the management ladder
Good Experience
Solution Manager/Technology Architect (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 3, 2015
Cerner is a great place to build you work experience. It is one of the best Health Care IT companies to work for. They are are a global company so there's a good chance you will be able to travel around the world.
Pros
Beer Thursdays
Good Starting Company
Delivery Consultant - Upgrade Center (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 23, 2015
Pays very well for recent grads. Unless you dedicate your life to Cerner, you will not make it far. Use it as a job out of college to get application knowledge and experience and then go to a client site where you can make more $$.

Want to know more about Cerner Corporation?

Ask a question
Good company, decent management, no work/life balance
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 4, 2015
Good company, decent management, no work/life balance

Management expects too much; high turnover rate

Lots of big projects; great first job out of college
Pros
Great food
Cons
Too heavy workload
Productive at Work place
Hadoop Developer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 8, 2015
Productive work environment. The most enjoyable part was working alongside of my colleagues and learning from them. There is a lot of variety in the day to day work i get . Very less of monotony
I get work done
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 29, 2015
Being a System Engineer is like being a doctor but in an IT field. You have to think on your feet, sort through the symptoms, and come up with a diagnosis promptly. This role tremendously empowers me to be agile, take challenges as opportunities and maintain calm while escalating clients’ needs in timely manner. I like the positive pressure of having to make good decisions on the spot and help people instantly using cutting edge technology. I am very good evaluating risk management and accountable for all my actions and their repercussions.
Pros
good sense of humor, challenging, career growth
managment
Solution Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 11, 2015
only worried about themselves and not growing with the employees....

Very political and "good ole boy" club atmosphere..

very disappointing experience!
Difference in work ethics
Project Manager and Senior Process Architect (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 19, 2015
My experience started out pleasant, but as of late, my work ethics vary drastically from the current leadership. I would like more transparency and support from the leadership.
Good Company Poor Management
Senior System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City MissouriAugust 5, 2015
Poor managers work employees to death, and favoritism inhibits advancement. Archaic techniques for annual raises tends to embitter employees. Management rolls out new policies, regardless of feedback from associates actually tasked with performing the job.
A Day in the Life
Engagement Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 16, 2015
At Cerner there is not a typical day, many times you will have your day planned out and have to adjust due to additional needs and or requirements that pop up. That is part of what I enjoyed about my job at Cerner. I also enjoyed working directly with clients and having an impact on their ability to meet organizational goals and regulatory requirements.

The most challenging part at Cerner is the work/live balance, in the time I have spent at Cerner there are peaks and valleys in which the workload is minimal vs. overload.

Great place to get your feet in the door and gain experience into the Healthcare IT industry.
Productive and nice workplace
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 25, 2015
Cerner is a great place to start your career, the people are friendly and helpful. As far a moving up in the company it's kind of hard.
Pros
Friendly teammates, nice location, productive work
A great place to work with advancement opportunities
Quality/Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  KSJune 20, 2015
Cerner is leading the healthcare industry and has lot of room for growth and development. Cerner is very involved in the community and there are lots of networking and educational opportunities.
Pros
Benefits, Leader in healthcare, involved in community
Cons
Long Hours, But work smarter
Good Company, bad for beginners
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 2, 2015
Tough to get a good start, you may not be placed in a position that you desire. Training is worthless and the type of work you'll be doing out of the gate will not be what you want to do.
Pros
Culture and the peopla
Cons
Compensation and initial opportunities