Cerner

Cerner Employee Reviews

Environment
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Kansas CityJuly 24, 2015
Pros: hour long lunch breaks
Cons: no 15 mins breaks because of hour lunch break
Cerner is a cold place to work. People aren't friendly. Cerner's management staff is only concerned about meeting the production number; not it's employees.
Good Employer
Team Lead (Current Employee), Kansas City MissouriJuly 14, 2015
Has decent benefits, and would recommend to anyone. Would need to have qualifications to apply and degree of some kind if you are looking for advancement
good place to work
manager (Former Employee), moJune 25, 2015
a great place to work
you will like it and they have a great team of pepole working for them

Cerner is transforming health care by eliminating error, variance and waste for health care providers and – more... consumers around the world. Our solutions optimize processes for health care organizations ranging from single-doctor practices to entire countries, for the pharmaceutical and medical device industries, and for the field of health care as a whole. Our solutions are licensed by more than 9,000 facilities worldwide. – less
Very productive customer service incoming calls
Clerical/Customer Service/Data Entry (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 16, 2015
Pros: I get paid for my lunch
Cons: I have health insurance but do not have retirement pension plan
Answer incoming calls, quote rates, fix billing errors, track shipments, reconsign shipments.

I learned 9 new jobs since I have been with YRC Freight

I have an offsite manager only speak with her by phone and computer

I am a people person always help to help

Trying to help angry customers with freight problems

Getting to talk to people and working on the computer
Too much expected, not enough time to get it done.
MEDICAL BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), KSJune 14, 2015
Pros: The company name, and billing experience you learn.
Cons: salary and no incentives
Salary is too low.
No incentives.
Managers are not good at communicating.
No set instructions, everyone is learning together.
mulitple tasks and heavy phone usage
Business/Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 10, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: high stress
Contact 3rd party firms for outside resources needed for implementations at customer sites
Set up consultants with timeheets, set up purchase order with approved hours and rate
review and approve all – more... invoices from the 3rd party firms for each consultant
I had to learn this entire process and all accounting aspects in a short amount of time
one coworker and myself to handle to large volume

The hardest part of the job was the high volume of tasks on a daily basis and trying to get everything accomplished even if it took more than 8 hours in a day

The most enjoyable was keeping positive and professional communication with the third party contacts and creating a positive relationship. – less
Time Management skills were refined
Occputional Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Salem AlJune 5, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: pay scale and benifits package
Clear deadlines and goals that had to be accomplished for client and for Cerner which was a conflict. I defined my management skills. I enjoyed training staff and sharing my knowledge. I really found that staffing the clinic 24 hours a day was a challenge and it was really hard to balance company time and family time.
Great Company
Technical Solutions Architect and SOA Developer (Former Employee), Phenox AZApril 7, 2015
The bottom line is this, if I had an opportunity to go back to Cerner and work as a consultant or a FTE I would gladly accept it.
Excellent place to work
Sr. Database Administrator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 26, 2015
Very methodical, flexible and stable. Excellent place to start the career. The perks are good and valuable experience along the way.
Lots of work and learning
DESKTOP / NETWORK SUPPORT (Current Employee), Tyngsboro, MAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: alot of things to learn
Cons: no free time and always on call.
Working for this company you will learn a lot of things and there is job advancement. My Co-works are great, nice people and they are willing to help you out so you can learn more. Cerner believes in keeping their employees healthy and safe.
Great Company
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), KSMarch 18, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Cerner. If given another chance I'd go back to work for them. They care a lot about there employees.
Productive place to work
Computer Operator II (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 5, 2015
I work 3rd shift from 11:00PM to 7:00AM, Tuesday through Sunday morning. Run what is called "Cycles" for day-end procedures, while monitoring all systems for failures/issues. Reporting and ensuring corrections of said issues.
At this time I am looking for a day shift job closer to home.
Tivoli Storage Manager System Administrator (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 2, 2015
Great place to work if you are self motivated and passionate about the healthcare industry. Lots of opportunity for growth in the field if you are willing to relocate.
The work environment changes constantly. Must be focused enough to obtain the required resources to be effective.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 1, 2015
Pros: this company is on the cutting edge of advancing healthcare.
Cons: due to the nature of the work environment, the ability to plan and work in advance is not always a viable option.
This company creates solutions that appropriately addresses problem areas in the healthcare system. I appreciated the opportunity to meet and work with healthcare professionals that are compassionate about the services they provide to the patients they care for.
Great Place
KCIT Apprentice (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 26, 2015
Everyone that I work with is very nice and helpful with any questions. The position that I am in is quite easy compared to other positions here at cerner. The manager i work for is on of the best, he doesn't feel the need to micromanage his associates.
Supportive and Innovative
Engagement Leader (Current Employee), KSJanuary 24, 2015
Cerner is a great company, they really do care about their employees. Yes, it is hard work and long hours, the advancement opportunity is excellent. Cerner hires only the best people, and the work environment is supportive and innovative.
Loved working for Cerner Learned alot about management
Physician Strategist (Former Employee), Easton, PAJanuary 5, 2015
A typical work day included managing over 200 physicians to get them trained and ready to use electronic heath record. Team work and mass cooperation was needed for projects ranging any where from 3-6 – more... months in duration. Co-workers were key in implementation to run smoothly. The hardest part was at times time management if given a tight time line. Most enjoyable was networking and meeting highly educated and talented people form Cerner. Highly recommend working with Cerner – less
Decent job but poor management
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSDecember 7, 2014
Pros: decent starting salary, good work experience
Cons: poor managment, terrible training
Working for Cerner isn't too bad and pay well for those right out of college. The main problems are that the company is expanding so quickly that almost no one has proper training, including managers. – more...

Expectations and job responsibilities are so widely varied that you can get a job where you have nothing to do but code random stuff just for fun or one where you're just completely overwhelmed and managers are still yelling at you for not getting enough done. Your experience will completely depend on what team you get placed with. Not the worst place to work if you get a good team, but can be horrible if you get a bad team. – less
High Stress, Lots of travel
Physician Adoption lead for multiple client sites (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 14, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: very rarely ever had a 1:1 with manager
Fun and exciting environment for someone wanting to see the country.
High pressure demand for fast turn around of data received
PRODUCT ANALYSIS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great leaning experience
Cons: limited training of new staff.
We would scrub clients purchasing data to verify correct descriptions, packaging and pricing. Review all contracts to verify they were getting the best pricing level and investigate item file where contracts – more... weren't being utilized. Management team and co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of job was meeting turn around time on assignments. My most enjoyable part was working with the Surgical Team on their custom packs and pack utilization. – less

1 2 3

About Cerner

Health care is too important to stay the same! We invite you to join us in our quest to make health care become all it should – Read more

Cerner Salaries