Cerritos College Employee Reviews in United States

Was honored to be part of this organization.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CADecember 31, 2015
Was given the opportunity to be a quest speaker, later invited back as a substitute instructor was a great compliment. Student praised my instruction and method so much the Director of the Real Estate Department Lowell Anderson requested that I remain as a regular instructor for the Real Estate Division. I accepted his offer and stayed at Cerritos College for many years.

Instructing Students who want to learn is fun, exciting and rewarding.

Being able to pass on my personal experience, real life knowledge and written course study material to those who want to learn and begin a new career or continue in their current career is fantastic.
Admssion for International Students
Student Affairs Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Clerical work for Admission for International Students office. I learned about different cultures and college requirements.
Relaxing work environment
Division Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAApril 2, 2016
Flexible work hours. Learned how to use a copy machine, binding machine, a cutter, and other printing machines. My co workers are genuine nice and respectable.
Cerritos College is an excellent place to gain work experience.
Culinary Arts Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CANovember 14, 2015
Working at Cerritos College was an excellent place to gain work experience. I had graduated from the college and was humbled to work in the Culinary Arts Department, as the Program Assistant. The position was only temporarily, but the knowledge and experience gained in that year, will last a life time.
Great place to work with a lot of love and care.
Instructional Aide 2 (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 1, 2015
The Math Learning Center (MLC) at Cerritos College is a great place to work. On a typical day, I pick up the key and open the MLC. Tutor, proctor exams, and grade exams for the MLC students. The Management is the best I've ever encountered. They care about the students, their tutors, and their work ethic. MLC professors are not just your superiors they are your mentors. I have had efficient interactions with my co-workers. The most experienced tutors train and mentor the new tutors. The best part of the job is explaining a difficult topic to a student and helping them realize it. The hardest part of being an MLC is tutor is grading the student with that students sitting at the table with you. However, this is a good thing in that it allows the student to see where their mistakes are, why and how they were graded, and be able to ask informed questions about their mistakes and misunderstanding. It is possibly the best place for a Cerritos College student to work and still a good place for non-students to work.
Pros
A great work environment to keep up on math skills and explaining what you understand effectively.
Cons
It would be nice to have upward mobility.
Mathematics Tutor
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMay 27, 2013
I had a classroom of students of about 40 students. I was a independent math assistant professor. Everyday students came from different courses and asked various question to assist them in their homework or preparing for an exam. I tutored anywhere from Basic Algebra to Calculus II. I had students from all walks of life and I loved working there because i had to broaden my thinking in tutoring those students. I had to come up with various techniques to make them understand the subject matter, which I succeeded in doing so. I loved my co-workers and my supervisors. It was a fun loving environment and I got to learn a lot. I am graduated now, and looking for a better opportunity.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no medical benefits
Community Outreach
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 8, 2015
Helped the surrounding community by reaching out to potential foster parents. A typical day on the job was doing community outreach.
great place to work at enjoyed going to work
Full-time RN student (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 11, 2013
Was a PT aide would treat patients in a pool setting for there therapy and instruct them on there exercises more advanced patients were able to use weights, did massages, apply modality treatment and hot and cold packs.. was a 8-5 job with an hour lunch we were located in a gym so I would go early workout before work and during my lunch do cardio really enjoyed it here.
Pros
8-5 weekends off, able to workout
Cons
no benefits or increase in pay
Fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 16, 2015
I was able to manage a team with about 15-20 people. It was a fun environment and taught me more about being a leader and dealing with a big crowd. One thing i really loved but was difficukt at the same time was dealing with angry customers. Somehow i was always able to calm the down about the prices to park and just make there day better than how they first came.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch
Great time working for the school
CLERICAL/VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CaAugust 20, 2015
Just from experience from prior work has made me feel comfortable with working for Cerritos College. The staff was phenomenal.
recepionist
Typist Clerk / Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 11, 2015
input data of student
input data for teachers
answer phone
make copies
use of computers
this was an easy job most of my jobs are and I have a lot of experience in many areas of my life that are not on my resume
A good first job
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Cerritos College Computer labs.November 7, 2014
A typical day at this job would include tutoring students to complete homework assignments, installing/updating computer software, and maintaining lab equipment. I learned a lot from this job including how to communicate effectively and work responsibly. The management was the downside of this job but the co-workers were bright and always helpful. The hardest part of the job was getting your hour sheet signed and turned in on time. I enjoyed the flexibility to my class schedule the most.
Pros
flexibility, learned a lot.
Cons
bad supervisor, few hours.
This was a Seasonal Job at Cerritos College
Intermediate clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CaMay 30, 2015
I was part of the Federal Student Program, It lasted one semester. It was a nice work environment, learned a lot from my peers.
Not a very nice work place.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMay 28, 2014
Typical day was helping students with paper work , enrollments and very heavy phones with very little help from co workers and supervisors.
I learned the ends and outs of the office.
Management was no very help full my first day I was not trained. I was to watch and learn and within 1 hr. I was helping students as they came in the front door.
The hardest part of the job was doing everything my self.
The most enjoyable part of working with Cerritos College Adult Education Dept. was knowing that I was able to help people move on with there education after they received there Citizenship, GED.
Pros
i learded how the college system works
Cons
no health care, and bad supervision, coworkers.
Has positive culture in embracing new staff to the organization
Part Time Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 5, 2012
8 hours clinical work with Med/Surg patients and some patients on ventilator.
Learned to manage time in working with high volume patients.
Management supportive of staff.
Co workers are hard working and friendly.
Has to work double time when there is short staffing.
Cosistent work schedule.
Pros
consistent work schedule.
Cons
short staff at times
Great people
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAAugust 28, 2012
Good experience working for a public college. I was completing my Masters Thesis while I was working here and the people are fantastic. Little room for advancement too much politics.
Pros
people the distance and the hours
Cons
little to no advancement/low pay
Very low level math among students
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAOctober 13, 2014
It was terrible work environment for adjunct faulty where 8 are crammed in small office. The management is very non-academic. The students level far below neighboring colleges.
Fun work with IT people
Information Technology Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAApril 17, 2012
I used to work at college hourly as a part time employee
I have learned many things from my supervisors like how to solve computer problems.
The management system is nice
My co-worker are really very nice and co-operative.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I feel enjoy to solve computers problem .
Learning Environment
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 14, 2014
I was able to complete the nursing program and also learn at the same time. Working in the skills lab I was able to see different central lines, practice dressing them, handle all of the equipment from chest tubes, to breathing machines. Running scenarios was also a very helpful way to learn Post-op complications on a medical surgical floor.
great workplace
Student (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CADecember 19, 2014
very experienced teachers and lesson plans
counselors always available