Cerritos College

Cerritos College Employer Reviews

Good if you are a college student!
In Class Aide (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAJuly 15, 2014
If you go to Cerritos College and are looking for work, this would be a good place to work, staff is friendly, and convent and flexible with your hours if you have classes.
Learning Environment
Instructional Aide (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAJuly 14, 2014
I was able to complete the nursing program and also learn at the same time. Working in the skills lab I was able to see different central lines, practice dressing them, handle all of the equipment from chest tubes, to breathing machines. Running scenarios was also a very helpful way to learn Post-op complications on a medical surgical floor.
Not a very nice work place.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAMay 28, 2014
Pros: i learded how the college system works
Cons: no health care, and bad supervision, coworkers.
Typical day was helping students with paper work , enrollments and very heavy phones with very little help from co workers and supervisors.
I learned the ends and outs of the office.
Management was no very help full my first day I was not trained. I was to watch and learn and within 1 hr. I was helping students as they came in the front door.
The hardest – more... part of the job was doing everything my self.
The most enjoyable part of working with Cerritos College Adult Education Dept. was knowing that I was able to help people move on with there education after they received there Citizenship, GED. – less
friendly and busy work
Student (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAFebruary 17, 2014
for my job position here its very easy , and the co workers are very firiendly
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Cerritos, CADecember 16, 2013
Typical day consists of generating reports for faculty, correcting exams for faculty, creating school wide surveys, and answering phones.
fun place and great staff.
Assisting Athletic Trainers (Former Employee), Norwalk, CASeptember 9, 2013
A great place to learn. Was able to work one on one with the athletes and provide on site ice and stretching at meets.
Productive workplace.
Teacher (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAAugust 20, 2013
The staff and management are extremely professional and give their all. We all work together to help each other achieve success.
Great experience
Assistant Wrestling Coach (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAAugust 12, 2013
Working as a wrestling coach is a great job. Best part of the job is helping and watching young student athletes reach their goals and push through limits.
Liberal, Creative Atmosphere
Professor (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAAugust 9, 2013
Pros: freedom to think, create, and carry out plans
Cons: faculty wedded to traditional ways of teaching....
At the time I worked at Cerritos College, I was allowed the freedom
and support of managers to create, write, and teach online during the early years of online education from 1989-1995.
great place to work at enjoyed going to work
Full-time RN student (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: 8-5 weekends off, able to workout
Cons: no benefits or increase in pay
Was a PT aide would treat patients in a pool setting for there therapy and instruct them on there exercises more advanced patients were able to use weights, did massages, apply modality treatment and hot and cold packs.. was a 8-5 job with an hour lunch we were located in a gym so I would go early workout before work and during my lunch do cardio really – more... enjoyed it here. – less
Great instructor
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), studentJune 19, 2013
Pros: great teacher
Cons: n/a
I loved the EMT class. It covered lots of things that prepared my for the state exam. All of the students helped out if someome was having difficulties.
Fun and productive workplace
Outreach Worker/College Recruiter (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAJune 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not consistent work
Exciting new tasks everyday and is a position for those who love to be team players. Always had a great time, whether it was giving a presentation or one on one help with potential students.
Mathematics Tutor
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAMay 27, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no medical benefits
I had a classroom of students of about 40 students. I was a independent math assistant professor. Everyday students came from different courses and asked various question to assist them in their homework or preparing for an exam. I tutored anywhere from Basic Algebra to Calculus II. I had students from all walks of life and I loved working there because – more... i had to broaden my thinking in tutoring those students. I had to come up with various techniques to make them understand the subject matter, which I succeeded in doing so. I loved my co-workers and my supervisors. It was a fun loving environment and I got to learn a lot. I am graduated now, and looking for a better opportunity. – less
Fun workplace
AMBASSADOR (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAMarch 27, 2013
Pros: fun, coworkers are also students, work on campus
Cons: some students might be hard to deal with. lots of people talk bad about cerritos
You have to love school to love this job. Presentations, campus tours, and staffing tables are all duties of this job.

Great experience for my first job. I learned a lot from my boss.
good sports athletic group and many programs for medical field.
volleyball player and nursing program (Former Employee), Cerritos, CADecember 28, 2012
I was into volleyball all my life and decided to go Cerritos where they wanted me to play for them. I also like there clubs there like the Polynesian Club. I was going for my associates degree.
Has positive culture in embracing new staff to the organization
Part Time Clinical Instructor (Former Employee), Cerritos, CANovember 5, 2012
Pros: consistent work schedule.
Cons: short staff at times
8 hours clinical work with Med/Surg patients and some patients on ventilator.
Learned to manage time in working with high volume patients.
Management supportive of staff.
Co workers are hard working and friendly.
Has to work double time when there is short staffing.
Cosistent work schedule.
Great people
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAAugust 28, 2012
Pros: people the distance and the hours
Cons: little to no advancement/low pay
Good experience working for a public college. I was completing my Masters Thesis while I was working here and the people are fantastic. Little room for advancement too much politics.
Excellent Place for Beginning CART providers.
Instructional Aide (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: good to excellent support staff
An excellent place for beginning CART providers to get started in the work environment.
Easy-going job
Cerritos College Math Tutor (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAJuly 7, 2012
Pros: simple, easy-going
It wasn't too challenging to tutor Math since it's a subject I love and easily understand. It was even more rewarding when I successfully assisted students with their problems. Most of the job entailed helping students with their homework, and administering examinations.
Very informational place to work in.
Typist Clerk (Current Employee), Norwalk, CaApril 30, 2012
typical day at work you have to deal with minimum 20 students, some of which will have an attitude as soon as they walk in. I learned how to deal with different types of people with different personalities and how to handle tough situations. You also learn a lot about how the community college education system works.

Cerritos College Photos