Cerritos College

Cerritos College Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee), Norwalk, CAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast/lunch
I was able to manage a team with about 15-20 people. It was a fun environment and taught me more about being a leader and dealing with a big crowd. One thing i really loved but was difficukt at the same time was dealing with angry customers. Somehow i was always able to calm the down about the prices to park and just make there day better than how they first came.
recepionist
Typist Clerk / Data Entry (Current Employee), Norwalk, CAJuly 11, 2015
input data of student
input data for teachers
answer phone
make copies
use of computers
this was an easy job most of my jobs are and I have a lot of experience in many areas of my life that are not on my resume
This was a Seasonal Job at Cerritos College
Intermediate clerk (Former Employee), Norwalk, CaMay 30, 2015
I was part of the Federal Student Program, It lasted one semester. It was a nice work environment, learned a lot from my peers.
great workplace
Student (Former Employee), Norwalk, CADecember 19, 2014
very experienced teachers and lesson plans
counselors always available
really great food
A good first job
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Cerritos College Computer labs.November 7, 2014
Pros: flexibility, learned a lot.
Cons: bad supervisor, few hours.
A typical day at this job would include tutoring students to complete homework assignments, installing/updating computer software, and maintaining lab equipment. I learned a lot from this job including how to communicate effectively and work responsibly. The management was the downside of this job but the co-workers were bright and always helpful. The hardest part of the job was getting your hour sheet signed and turned in on time. I enjoyed the flexibility to my class schedule the most.
Very low level math among students
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAOctober 13, 2014
It was terrible work environment for adjunct faulty where 8 are crammed in small office. The management is very non-academic. The students level far below neighboring colleges.
Great nursing program
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Norwalk, CASeptember 23, 2014
Enjoyed working in the nursing program. Supportive staff, enjoyed working with coworkers. Excellent nursing program, would recommend to students looking for a nursing program.
Love this place
Intermediate Typist Clerk II (Former Employee), Norwalk, CASeptember 15, 2014
Best community college ever! I worked here and had a blast. A mixture of campus life and work.
Good if you are a college student!
In Class Aide (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAJuly 15, 2014
If you go to Cerritos College and are looking for work, this would be a good place to work, staff is friendly, and convent and flexible with your hours if you have classes.
Learning Environment
Instructional Aide (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAJuly 14, 2014
I was able to complete the nursing program and also learn at the same time. Working in the skills lab I was able to see different central lines, practice dressing them, handle all of the equipment from chest tubes, to breathing machines. Running scenarios was also a very helpful way to learn Post-op complications on a medical surgical floor.
Not a very nice work place.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAMay 28, 2014
Pros: i learded how the college system works
Cons: no health care, and bad supervision, coworkers.
Typical day was helping students with paper work , enrollments and very heavy phones with very little help from co workers and supervisors.
I learned the ends and outs of the office.
Management was no very help full my first day I was not trained. I was to watch and learn and within 1 hr. I was helping students as they came in the front door.
The hardest part of the job was doing everything my self.
The most enjoyable part of working with Cerritos College Adult Education Dept. was knowing that I was able to help people move on with there education after they received there Citizenship, GED.
friendly and busy work
Student (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAFebruary 17, 2014
for my job position here its very easy , and the co workers are very firiendly
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Cerritos, CADecember 16, 2013
Typical day consists of generating reports for faculty, correcting exams for faculty, creating school wide surveys, and answering phones.
fun place and great staff.
Assisting Athletic Trainers (Former Employee), Norwalk, CASeptember 9, 2013
A great place to learn. Was able to work one on one with the athletes and provide on site ice and stretching at meets.
Productive workplace.
Teacher (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAAugust 20, 2013
The staff and management are extremely professional and give their all. We all work together to help each other achieve success.
Great experience
Assistant Wrestling Coach (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAAugust 12, 2013
Working as a wrestling coach is a great job. Best part of the job is helping and watching young student athletes reach their goals and push through limits.
Liberal, Creative Atmosphere
Professor (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAAugust 9, 2013
Pros: freedom to think, create, and carry out plans
Cons: faculty wedded to traditional ways of teaching....
At the time I worked at Cerritos College, I was allowed the freedom
and support of managers to create, write, and teach online during the early years of online education from 1989-1995.
great place to work at enjoyed going to work
Full-time RN student (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: 8-5 weekends off, able to workout
Cons: no benefits or increase in pay
Was a PT aide would treat patients in a pool setting for there therapy and instruct them on there exercises more advanced patients were able to use weights, did massages, apply modality treatment and hot and cold packs.. was a 8-5 job with an hour lunch we were located in a gym so I would go early workout before work and during my lunch do cardio really enjoyed it here.
Great instructor
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), studentJune 19, 2013
Pros: great teacher
Cons: n/a
I loved the EMT class. It covered lots of things that prepared my for the state exam. All of the students helped out if someome was having difficulties.
Fun and productive workplace
Outreach Worker/College Recruiter (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAJune 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not consistent work
Exciting new tasks everyday and is a position for those who love to be team players. Always had a great time, whether it was giving a presentation or one on one help with potential students.