Cerritos College Employee Reviews

Fun work place/ environment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMarch 4, 2017
I learned how to build relationships with children, be more understanding, and have patience. I learned that talking to a child as if they were an adult is the best thing to do because every child is intelligent in many ways and is capable of understanding.Every day I learned something new as they explored their environment.
Participation in tutoring sessions
Math and Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAFebruary 11, 2017
During a typical day at work, I worked with the tutee to adjust a tutoring plan that fits the student's individual needs. I learned how to break down the problem in simple steps. College students are expected to spend at least 6 hours on homework and study time every week.
Modern, clean, not the greatest neighborhood.
Adjunct Professor of Astronomy (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Like it says. Department has good people, Two shootings across the street last semester. The Dean and the two permanent professors in the department are very supportive.
Great overall experience
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CADecember 20, 2016
I worked at Cerritos College while I was still in college. Working here was very convenient for me because I was able to manage both classes and work.
Atmosphere was very friendly and inviting. Great experience overall
Nice workers
N/A (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAOctober 1, 2016
Overall, Target was a good experience. Some of the workers were very helpful and made things easier to understand. Only being my first job. The most enjoyable part of working at Target was working on my communication skills.
Professional coworkers
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 29, 2016
Employees are hard working and facility is well maintain. You will have support from full time staffs. The campus does need a fresh paints on their old buildings.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Break room has limited condiments.
Great Work Study Job.
Intermediate Typist Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 11, 2016
Working at Career Services for Cerritos College was a wonderful opportunity. It allowed me to continue going to school while learning skills that would later help me find a job. It was great learning from career counselors who were passionate and compassionate towards all students.
Pros
Career Advice, Great atmosphere
This company provided many ways to grow and gain expirence.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 3, 2016
I enjoyed working in the department I was under and wish I could've stayed longer. They were very flexible with my school schedule and were always looking to help out with anything I needed.
Its an academic setting
Statistics Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMay 27, 2016
The people you interact with are students and a generally eager to learn. It is absolutely necessary for people to be open to students asking questions and respond in a friendly and engaging manner. The training provided and feedback from the instructor will allow you to succeed.
Productive and easily accessable campus with great academical opportunities.
CASHIER/ CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAApril 4, 2016
Great atmosphere and enjoyable environment to invest my time at. Very positive and accepting group of peers.

I was on sales floor, cashier, customer service.
Relaxing work environment
Division Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAApril 2, 2016
Flexible work hours. Learned how to use a copy machine, binding machine, a cutter, and other printing machines. My co workers are genuine nice and respectable.
Admssion for International Students
Student Affairs Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Clerical work for Admission for International Students office. I learned about different cultures and college requirements.
Was honored to be part of this organization.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CADecember 31, 2015
Was given the opportunity to be a quest speaker, later invited back as a substitute instructor was a great compliment. Student praised my instruction and method so much the Director of the Real Estate Department Lowell Anderson requested that I remain as a regular instructor for the Real Estate Division. I accepted his offer and stayed at Cerritos College for many years.

Instructing Students who want to learn is fun, exciting and rewarding.

Being able to pass on my personal experience, real life knowledge and written course study material to those who want to learn and begin a new career or continue in their current career is fantastic.
Cerritos College is an excellent place to gain work experience.
Culinary Arts Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CANovember 14, 2015
Working at Cerritos College was an excellent place to gain work experience. I had graduated from the college and was humbled to work in the Culinary Arts Department, as the Program Assistant. The position was only temporarily, but the knowledge and experience gained in that year, will last a life time.
Community Outreach
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 8, 2015
Helped the surrounding community by reaching out to potential foster parents. A typical day on the job was doing community outreach.
Great time working for the school
CLERICAL/VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CaAugust 20, 2015
Just from experience from prior work has made me feel comfortable with working for Cerritos College. The staff was phenomenal.
Great place to work with a lot of love and care.
Instructional Aide 2 (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 1, 2015
The Math Learning Center (MLC) at Cerritos College is a great place to work. On a typical day, I pick up the key and open the MLC. Tutor, proctor exams, and grade exams for the MLC students. The Management is the best I've ever encountered. They care about the students, their tutors, and their work ethic. MLC professors are not just your superiors they are your mentors. I have had efficient interactions with my co-workers. The most experienced tutors train and mentor the new tutors. The best part of the job is explaining a difficult topic to a student and helping them realize it. The hardest part of being an MLC is tutor is grading the student with that students sitting at the table with you. However, this is a good thing in that it allows the student to see where their mistakes are, why and how they were graded, and be able to ask informed questions about their mistakes and misunderstanding. It is possibly the best place for a Cerritos College student to work and still a good place for non-students to work.
Pros
A great work environment to keep up on math skills and explaining what you understand effectively.
Cons
It would be nice to have upward mobility.
Fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 16, 2015
I was able to manage a team with about 15-20 people. It was a fun environment and taught me more about being a leader and dealing with a big crowd. One thing i really loved but was difficukt at the same time was dealing with angry customers. Somehow i was always able to calm the down about the prices to park and just make there day better than how they first came.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch
recepionist
Typist Clerk / Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 11, 2015
input data of student
input data for teachers
answer phone
make copies
use of computers
this was an easy job most of my jobs are and I have a lot of experience in many areas of my life that are not on my resume
This was a Seasonal Job at Cerritos College
Intermediate clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CaMay 30, 2015
I was part of the Federal Student Program, It lasted one semester. It was a nice work environment, learned a lot from my peers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cerritos College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4