Cerritos College Employee Reviews

good
Computer Science Lab Tutor (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Take a minute to review Cerritos College.
About your reviews:

NEVER included with your job applications
Posted anonymously on Indeed

Rate this company
*required
Overall rating*
Excellent College
Online Court Reporting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 26, 2018
The court reporting program at this college was excellent. The instructors and staff were superior, and it was a wonderful working environment. Was very sad to see the cuts to the program through the years and then the eventual closing altogether.
Fun outreach with students
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CA 90650December 3, 2017
I worked as a student ambassador. We helped prospective students (mostly high school) and did what we could to inspire them to go to college. The work environment was really fun and rewarding.
Cerritos Cosmetology
Cosmetologist Student (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CANovember 20, 2017
Well, I was a student at Cerritos College in the cosmetology program. I did all my training to prepare myself for the real world and to get my license there. I was trained in haircuts, eyebrow arching, extensions, hair dying, perms, manicures and pedicures. I went to school full time mon- friday. And it really did prep me bc I now have my license.
Pros
finished the program quicker
Cons
n/a
Special Education Aid (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 5, 2017
Great work environment with a constant emphasis on helping and students with their needs, always striving to give the best possible experience for each and every student.
Great if youre a student
Division Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CASeptember 25, 2017
the school will work with your schedule, I was hired through the work study program. If you are a fulltime student sometimes its hard to go on and off campus for work and school so it helps. Process through which to apply is long and complicated.
Pros
Good if your a student
Cons
Dont pay much
Most enjoyable part of the job
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CASeptember 1, 2017
The most enjoyable part of working at cerritos college is it's convenient if you are a student, you don't have to commute. Also being able to help other students like myself is very rewarding.
great boss
LAB ASSISTANT IN THE STUDENT COMPUTER LAB (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 31, 2017
very busy work environment with many people with all kinds off different questions and request. I have learned about costumer survive and I've grown to become a leader threw out my time here, I have became a top staff to my boss who can always rely on me.
I enjoy my job very much because i get to work with many people and its a job that requires you be be fast pasted at times. I truly enjoy getting to know the people who become regulars and most of all the new people. Its hard at times when the system breaks down or some people are being angry and you ask them nicely to pleas be respectful of others and keep it down and they don't cooperate but I still enjoy ever moment of my job.
Productive and family oriented workplace
Programmer I (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 10, 2017
Cerritos College is a great intuition to work for if you're looking for a friendly and family oriented environment. This campus teaches you how to enjoy the people you work with and assist on a day to day basics. I've learned majority of my customer service skills from Cerritos College, because Cerritos is such a diverse intuition that forces you to prove excellent service to all no matter the circumstances. The hardest part of the job would be the pay, but can vary. The most enjoyable part about this job is the work family I've gained over the years.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Rate of pay( certain depatments)
great and easy to use
Associate in Arts Degree (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJune 23, 2017
i was able to upload my resume in minutes. this is what i have been waiting for. i will be going foward and hope i receive any calls or emails back. I am ready to put in the work and become a Investment Counselor.
Pros
very easy outreach
Mental Health Counselor at Student Health Services (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJune 19, 2017
Great place to work. Positive, encouraging, work environment. I enjoy working with this population of students. Rewarding career opportunities with great pay and benefits.
Positive work space.
Student Activities Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMay 22, 2017
I assist students with general information on current events or information on our office programs.I work with students with disabilities, which can be challenging at times, but I personally do my best to help the customer under any circumstances, with a positive attitude. The best part of this job is how rewarding it is to help students feel comfortable and get involved in Cerritos College programs so that they get the full college experience.
Friendly Campus
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 14, 2017
The facilities are generally above average quality when compared to other community college campuses around the area. The staff and faculty are generally very friendly and create a good environment to work in. People are generally willing to help you, and there's a strong union presence on campus.
Exciting fulfilled extravagant knowledgeable
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMarch 20, 2017
Exciting fulfilled extravagant knowledgeable this is such a great campus tknowing through the public everyone on earth probably would agree thank you so much for taking the opportunity to learn here and work.
Fun work place/ environment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMarch 4, 2017
I learned how to build relationships with children, be more understanding, and have patience. I learned that talking to a child as if they were an adult is the best thing to do because every child is intelligent in many ways and is capable of understanding.Every day I learned something new as they explored their environment.
Participation in tutoring sessions
Math and Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAFebruary 11, 2017
During a typical day at work, I worked with the tutee to adjust a tutoring plan that fits the student's individual needs. I learned how to break down the problem in simple steps. College students are expected to spend at least 6 hours on homework and study time every week.
Modern, clean, not the greatest neighborhood.
Adjunct Professor of Astronomy (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Like it says. Department has good people, Two shootings across the street last semester. The Dean and the two permanent professors in the department are very supportive.
Great overall experience
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CADecember 20, 2016
I worked at Cerritos College while I was still in college. Working here was very convenient for me because I was able to manage both classes and work.
Atmosphere was very friendly and inviting. Great experience overall
Nice workers
N/A (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAOctober 1, 2016
Overall, Target was a good experience. Some of the workers were very helpful and made things easier to understand. Only being my first job. The most enjoyable part of working at Target was working on my communication skills.
Professional coworkers
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 29, 2016
Employees are hard working and facility is well maintain. You will have support from full time staffs. The campus does need a fresh paints on their old buildings.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Break room has limited condiments.