CertainTeed

CertainTeed United States Employee Reviews

A new experience
Technician (Former Employee), Proctor, WVApril 4, 2015
Pros: Good work environment, excellent work schedule
Cons: Drama
I was an initial hire, and it was a different set up. We created all the policies and procedures for the running of the plant.
Poorly managed
Automation Engineer III / Project Manager (Former Employee), Blue Diamond NevadaApril 1, 2015
There was little no communications between upper management and the rest of the staff. It was ran very poorly and the upper management did not know how convey ideas.
Good Company
Buyer (Current Employee), United StatesFebruary 18, 2015
Lots of great co-workers, management needs training in working with subordinates. Lots of useful tools that will benefit me in the future. Overall a good company.
Great place to work..had 3 bosses and as they say 2 out of three ain't bad.
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), Milan, OHFebruary 15, 2015
I definitely loved this opportunity as I love the hustle in which manufacturing requires. The only issue I had was that the production supervisor in which I worked for was not honest and professional at all. I also had a logistics supervisor and he was a total dot all i's and cross all t's kind of professional and I loved working for this man. The Inventory Supervisor I worked for was laid back, but get the job done correctly and he also was great to work for.
One of North America's Leading Building Materials Corporations
Pricing Administrator (Current Employee), Valley Forge, PAJanuary 20, 2015
CertainTeed is an industry leader that specializes in Roofing, Siding, Insulation, Gypsum, Ceilings and Fiber Cement amongst other building materials. There's an abundance of opportunity for job growth. There is a friendly and relaxed environment while still maintaining its professional atmosphere.
Great Company to work for
Process Technician (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great company to work for !
Certainteed has high quality standards. CertainTeed looks out for their employees and creates a knowledgable workforce to be viewed as a leader in the industry.
Good benefits, unstable future
Warehouse (Current Employee), Claremont, NCJanuary 6, 2015
Have worked for this company for over a decade and am no longer comfortable with the risk of a layoff
Productive and fun workplace with occasonal BBQs
drywall manufacturer (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 16, 2014
Pros: fun co-workers, good pay and great magement
Cons: long shifts, working nights and not enough room for advancement
A typical night/day at work consisted of maintaining and running the machine and making sure your work area was safe and clean. I learned a lot about safety and how to be a productive worker under stressful situations. The management here was fantastic and very understanding, they always put the workers safety first. Everyone that worked here was fun and knew how to work hard but also knew how to have a good time while working. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts and the constant mandating. The most enjoyable part of the job was the family atmosphere around all the people that worked there.
operator
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), williamsport, mdDecember 9, 2014
Pros: getting along with people and learning new things
Cons: phasing out my position
ran lines and a crew of 6. did my own colors, I had a good nice time finding out how to do different things
Dynamic company
Sr. Regional HR Business Partner (Current Employee), Roxboro, NCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: distance. plant is located in remote place without being convenient to food and shops
Great company, dynamic with flexible work arrangements. Management team committed to success of employees.
My work experience at Certainteed
Package Laborer (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSOctober 9, 2014
I worked on the machine line making sure the products were correct, and that they did not jam up on the line. Kept my area clean an cleaned other areas. Operated the forklift when need. Stocked an received items.
we were productive and had fun we all got along.
Working Supervisor (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 7, 2014
Pros: meeting goals to earn a bbq or pizza
Cons: dealing with new management
I had to know the work force so I can plane the day with all of the workers I had for that day. I learned a lot from the people who brought me up and trusted me to be management level. from my forklift skills,safety,leadership, and working as a team. The hardest part of the job was waking up at 330am to be there by 445am ready to rock. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people getting to know each and every one of them and just having fun.
Maintenance (Former Employee), McPherson, KSSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: managment
I started out as a temp and moved up quickly, not through being a "yes man", but by working hard.
Good Organization
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Jackson, MISeptember 7, 2014
Good Organization

Lots of Opportunity

Part of a very large organization
very professional,productive envirovent
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee), Blue Diamond, NVAugust 5, 2014
Pros: rewarding productive environment
Cons: very dependent on the economy, [supply and demand]
left facility due to lack of hours due to economic collapse in 2008 [ basically plant shut down]
Productive place to work but Machines in dire need of updates.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Sherman, TXJuly 24, 2014
It is a nice and fun place to work but the machines there can never stay running because of faulty or old parts they choose to work around instead of replacing so there are some times that we do not come into work for one day to one week.
Global manufacturing company, based in 64 counties
Director, EPG Business Systems (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 6, 2014
It is a fast paced organization that is growing. The employees are very friendly in collaborative environment.
Productive employee but no room for advancement and unstable
Maintenance Tech/Lead Vibration (Former Employee), Sulphur, LAJune 15, 2014
Pros: very good communication and teamwork
Cons: the benefits were not very good
I did enjoy the multi craft work. There was always something different to do and something new to learn.The management was demanding but it was so to keep the work timely and cost efficient.My co workers were great and worked well together. There was good communication and teamwork. The hardest part of working at CertainTeed was the batch process and continuous turnarounds but I did enjoy the work especially the vibration analysis and the safety at this company.
Production and maintainace
Technician, operator (Current Employee), Moundsville, WVJune 6, 2014
Production/manufacturing, 12 hour work schedual, World Class Manufacturing work place culture, operate and maintain basic mantainace of production machinery. Extensive fork truck experience handling finished goods for sale to end customer.
Great work environment and the individuals here are terrific to work with they all work as a team and help each other whenever needed.
Executive Assistant to the President (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 1, 2014
Support of the President, VP of Sales and US Controller
Heavy travel and calendar
The management is a great team and they listen to concerns of the employees
The Co-workers are wonderful and are helpful to one another with the focus to make this a better place to work and to get the job done
The hardest part of the job is keeping all the schedules organized and making sure the calendars are up to date
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with great and knowledgeable individuals that make this a great place to work

1 2 3 4

About CertainTeed

There's no uncertainty about CertainTeed's business. A subsidiary of French industrial giant Compagnie de Saint-Gobain, CertainTeed – Read more

CertainTeed Salaries

Machine Operator
$55,000 per year

CertainTeed Photos

loading and unloading and stocking in location order filler