CertaPro Painters Employee Reviews

High stress, unfair compensation and huge lack of management.
Residential Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILOctober 16, 2017
Nice to make my own schedule. High turnover rate with sub-contractors makes it tough. A typical day consists of 2-6 appointments and managing crews. The hardest part of the job is If the bids are not dead on, painters are disgruntled and the customer realize it.
Pros
Setting own schedule, company car
Cons
Overflow of job duties
A comfortable place to work
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 4, 2017
My time with certapro showed me that employers do care about their employees and that personal and professional growth can be a shared goal when working for the right business.
Pros
Staff supports eachother
Cons
Aligning customer expectations and what we can deliver effectivley according to budget and contract
Was not a great place to work
Painter (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIOctober 4, 2017
I worked day light to dark. The owner /manger was not a great people person.That was the hardest part of the job. The best part was the other crews who work for him.
Pros
great money
Cons
didn't have a life
Fun work atmoshere especially when we have plenty of work to do.
Painter/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILOctober 2, 2017
Hard work, sense of accomplishment when finishing a job!
Not enough hours, and not enough work to want to try and struggle over the winter months. I enjoy painting and the work that goes with it, but i don't enjoy wondering if I will have enough work to be able to pay my bills!
Pros
Good hard working crew
Cons
No benefits, low pay, not enough hours
Great environment
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 14, 2017
I love this position! The environment is amazing, and the boss is just as great! If you work hard and attempt to learn, it's a very easy going, and rewarding position.
Na
RSA (Former Employee) –  MontanaAugust 31, 2017
Long hours and your schedule is always changing. You have the opportunity to make a lot of money but you will have no social life during the summer. I did not like working Monday through Saturday during the summer.
Very well run
Residential Sales (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHAugust 23, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed the work place environment. Advanced very quickly and earned exactly what I worked for. It is a family owned business and jus an overall great experience.
Painting (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 14, 2017
Its a hard job to do at first but when you get used to it the employees are willing to help evwn though there is limited time on a certain project to make sure you understand what you are doing is right
Working at CertaPro
Residential Estimator (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAAugust 10, 2017
The company has various franchises. Each owner runs his/her franchise similar. Most employees enjoy the working conditions.
The sales staff is commission based and some get a small salary.
Pros
Ownership
Cons
Sometimes painters make mistakes
Workplace culture
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 8, 2017
Lack of training- long hours and spending half your day in a car-Sales goals are set and if you have a few bad weeks your job will be in jeopardy. Working with crews that are not experienced.
Cons
long hours- excessive traveling
No fair place to work....
Pintor (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAAugust 5, 2017
No fair place to work, my team leader always take advantage of my and my other coworker, make a lot of trips during the day leaving all the work for us, the manager seems to know what's going on and nothing changes, each project is by hours and when we have hours left he takes them for himself.
I wish everyone knew what happens around here, he has a lot of privileges and a good salary.
Cons
No benefits
Na
Commercial Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 31, 2017
CertaPro is a good company and the employees where helpful. They were a bit hard to achieve quotas due to lack of ability to train properly. They are a very small franchise and I needed more hands on training to sell the services.
Sketchy and repetitive
Painter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 5, 2017
My schedule wasn't as flexible as they had hoped. Often ended up doing more work than my co-workers. Boss had me do chores at his house when there was nothing to paint. Basically fired for doing my job.
Laid back but also a challenging work enviroment
Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJune 24, 2017
Everyday was a good day at work. I was treated very nicely by my coworkers. I was treated with lots of respect. I was met with new challenges everyday and really helped me build a good work ethic and learn workplace etiquette.
Plenty of Freedom
Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 7, 2017
Plenty of freedom. Great job while going to school. Could double hourly wages just by booking appointments and closing deals. Wouldn't recommend if you need to do something full time though.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Part time position
Great College Job
Door-to-Door Sales Rep Williamson County, TX (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2017
The only downside to this job was having to drive outside of town to other cities every work day. The job was to go door to door offering free paint estimates. I was a little worse in the summer but besides that it was a great way to build your confidence and exercise around neighborhoods. I only quit due to the target neighborhoods kept getting pushed farther and farther away (2 hour drive).
Pros
Stay in shape, meet people, motivational pay ($ per estiamte + hourly)
Cons
Rough in summer heat, long drives
Great place to work.
Office Manager / Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAFebruary 8, 2017
I had 4 great years there. The culture is great, the staff is great. The owners take great pride in their business and they do a wonderful job with spending the time needed to get to you know you as well as training. I would highly recommend CertaPro.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Work schedule
Recent job
Pintor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2017
I like the fact that i paint really anything to do with painting i love that everyone is well and kind co workers and my boss is amazing
I also i like that they are flexible withy hours
Pros
Painting
Cons
Not having hours
productive, fun, managable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJOctober 13, 2016
As a overall it was an amazing learning experience it taught me patience. It also taught to manage my time as well as to learn how to handle the cutomers.
Pros
Time management, better people skills, payroll experience, quickbooks knowledge, time mangement
Cons
It at times became difficult at times when time sheets for the painters hours were incorrect.
High turnover, want you to wear multiple hats and do multiple jobs but pays you for one
Commercial Sales Executive/ PA, NJ (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAAugust 31, 2016
Not a good place to work very high turnover they want you to do everything and not pay you for doing it. The owner is always off on an adventure with his family vacationing, boy Scouts, family issues and never around and available to help out with any problems production issues ETC
Pros
Nice salary but small commission percentage
Cons
Franchise owner was a real egomaniac. He was too busy with his family life and vacationing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CertaPro Painters. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9