CertaPro Painters Employee Reviews

productive, fun, managable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJOctober 13, 2016
As a overall it was an amazing learning experience it taught me patience. It also taught to manage my time as well as to learn how to handle the cutomers.
Pros
Time management, better people skills, payroll experience, quickbooks knowledge, time mangement
Cons
It at times became difficult at times when time sheets for the painters hours were incorrect.
High turnover, want you to wear multiple hats and do multiple jobs but pays you for one
Commercial Sales Executive/ PA, NJ (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAAugust 31, 2016
Not a good place to work very high turnover they want you to do everything and not pay you for doing it. The owner is always off on an adventure with his family vacationing, boy Scouts, family issues and never around and available to help out with any problems production issues ETC
Pros
Nice salary but small commission percentage
Cons
Franchise owner was a real egomaniac. He was too busy with his family life and vacationing.
My experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 16, 2016
My experience at CertaPro Painters was overall a great experience it was a very good enviroment the managers and supervisors and co-workers were very cool it was a clean environment and they paid very well
Residential Sales/Project Management
Business Development/Estimator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 4, 2015
Visit clients homes and provide on-site quotes, color consultation. Once job is booked, start crews.

*Please see resume for more detailed descriptions.
Lots of advertising does not make it a good company.
Residential Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 13, 2015
While working for CertaPro, I learned that the competition could do the same jobs for a lot less money. We sold on the premise that all of "our" painters are drug-tested and had full background checks...implying that other painters were untrustworthy. We would ignore certain leads if they were not located in affluent neighborhoods and pre-judge each job. This job had me doing appointments 10 hours per day, returning phone calls for 3 hours per day, and noting files for another 3 hours per day. commissions were only paid out after the job was completed. This led to a 3 month wait for commissions. Working 16 hours per day for 23k/yr was not worth the time and effort I put into the job.
Pros
Company truck.
Cons
Poor compensation, poor leadership, too much responsibility, insufficient training.
Office Administrator
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 23, 2015
On a daily basis I communicate with JSS (Job Site Supervisors)and overlook all production of paint company, I come in and any HomeAdvisor Leads that come in I call right away to setup a complimentary estimate for Home owners looking to complete a painting project. I reconcile invoices on our Sherwin Williams account to receipts JSS' bring in after job completion. Enter all data including costs of labor and materials. Calculate Gross Margins. Answer phones and provide excellent Customer Service to our customers. Stay in contact with vendors and website vendors. Created and manage all social media websites for the company. Type Sub-Contracts for JSS'. Accounts Receivable and Accounts payable.
Pros
Not Micro-Managed
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Work Environment and Culture
Residential Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 19, 2015
Great opportunity to learn how to run your own business. Culture and Leadership is very supportive. However, the salary and benefits are not as great.
Pros
Culture and Leadership
Cons
Benefits, healthcare, job advancement, Salary
Great work life balance with dynamic goals for personal improvements with various sales seminars
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 7, 2015
CertaPro Painters thrives to grow and does so through various training conferences and webinars. Uncapped sales potential with a driven attitude and CertaPro Painters dynamic marketing initiatives.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Limited potential to move up in the company
Nationally Known Company
Organizational Associate/ Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORMarch 1, 2015
Great company to work for, you would be working under a franchisee, and the job is mostly seasonal unless you are helping with the office-work, but your knowledge can definitely grow about painting, what to-do and not-to-do with painting and you can help a variety of people while working for CertaPro. I do have to say,if you do not like customer service, then you may not want to work for this company.
Pros
Outside Work, Gain knowledge in painting
Cons
no benefits, not much in the way of job security unless you work for a big franchisee
It was a fun work enviorment and i enjoyed it.
Painter (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIDecember 10, 2014
my day was easy going and having fun while doing it. my boss was cool my co-workers where nice.
Pros
fun
Cons
no set schedule
This is the worst place to ever work, especially for women.
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 4, 2014
There is no chance for advancement. No benefits offered except to the salesmen. You are expected to do his job as well as yours but not get paid for it. Owner is not receptive to any feedback unless it is what he wants to hear. Constant turnover of employees and many angry phone calls from customers complaining about the salesman going so far as the threaten them!

My attempt to ask about a promotion to Job Site Supervisor was met with "you don't want to do that; it's just a glorified baby sitting position". Well, I saw plenty of men getting paid to do it, why not a woman?
Pros
Nothing except a weekly paycheck
Sales/Marketing
Marketing/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abington, PAMarch 22, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of going door to door in an effort to assess external conditions of houses and offer services to the homeowners that could utilize our company. I learned how to talk to people and sell my product. The hardest part of the job was meeting quotas and the most enjoyable part was the ability to make our own hours.
Pros
Hours were outstanding
Company Review
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILMarch 9, 2014
• Handled various tasks related to the construction work. Planned the construction activity, delegated tasks to the construction staff members and provided them instructions on carrying out various tasks, oversaw the work done by the construction team and supervised them on carrying out various tasks.
• Dealt with the clients and bring in business for the company.
• Discussed the client’s proposal and negotiated deals with him.
• Assigned tasks to different members of the construction team as per their ability and skill.
• Gave instructions to the construction staff on carrying out various construction tasks.
• Evaluated the work done by the construction team and provide them feedback on the same.
• Planned various construction strategies to get maximum output
It was a very stressful job with calls at all hours and weekends
Production associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, txSeptember 19, 2013
Worked there for over 10 years and one major complaint and owner took it out on me by letting me go, even though I had informed him of the problem. Escalated to corporate, which resulted in me being let go. As they say " it rolls down hill".
Pros
Cons
You will get screwed
Creative and challenging place to work
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILSeptember 19, 2013
In my time at CertaPro Painters I learned a lot about time management and sales. I learned about managing a production as well as a small business in a large company. My typical day at work was different everyday, it was interesting as well as challenging. My coworkers were all very skilled in different aspects of business and I learned something new everyday from them. The hardest part of the job was the seasonality of the income, during the busy months it was great, but during the winter and the slow months it was difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was working for a great boss and the job itself.
not worth it
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  texasAugust 18, 2013
Waste of your money. Did not do as promised. Did not have your back or protect your territory
Teamwork
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 16, 2013
Great teamwork environment, flexible schedules, great management, helps to overcome shyness and get appointments booked
manger is all over the place
Sales/Production/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 5, 2013
Management changed directions on weekly/monthly basis. Sales positions are under compensated.
No management to speak of so the group fell apart.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 15, 2012
A typical day at CertaPro would include the employees meeting up at the managers place of residence, pick up business cards and clip boards that had our track forms to write down potential customers and to keep track of the houses we have already been to, Drive to our designated area for the day, and proceed to find potential customers during prime hours. Both management and co-workers had a lack of motivation to be on time or even continue working for the entirety of our scheduled work period. I did learn valuable marketing tools during my training; however, and continue using those skills where applicable.
Pros
good marketing and sales experience
Cons
lack of motivation from co-workers as well as managers
Productive and Fun workplace with a wonderful boss
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJMarch 30, 2012
Day to Day varied a typical day would be returning calls making sure accounts were up to par, invoices were up to date. I would collect balances owed, make sure the painters were on the job sites they were assigned and doing what they were suppose to. My boss, Ray was great I enjoyed working along side of him and learning the business. I learned the harder you work the better your business gets. The hardest part of the job was tracking paint cost that the painters would purchase things for personnal use or things we were not responsible to pay for and then having to make them aware we knew and wanted to be reinbursed for the things they purchased under company account. Overall I enjoyed working for CertaPro Painters and watching my boss make his business a success.
Pros
comfortable wear, easy going enviroment, two man office, stayed organized and clean, got to know painters and there families very well, friendly work enviroment, enjoyed dealing with happy customers
Cons
short breaks, no healthcare, no coverage when sick, old and slow computers, small office, no windows for sunshine, dealing with unhappy customers, tracking painters, personnal spending, on business accounts without permission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CertaPro Painters. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8