Certified Laboratories Employee Reviews

depending on dept it can be a hostile work environment
Data Entry/ sample entry clerk II (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 27, 2017
I would rather not say. I would like to protect the integrity of some of the individuals that still work there some of the things that they daily encounter is proof that some managers are in desperate need of development.
Pros
friends
Cons
bias managers and superiors
Depends on your department.
Instrumentation Lab Associate I (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 2, 2017
When it comes to working at Certified Laboratories, it depends on the department that you work in. Some departments are run better than others and have a better management team. The benefits are amazing but the hours also depends on the department. The pay could be better for a starting point however it is possible to get a pay raise without struggle.
Overall a good company to work for.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYMarch 31, 2017
A lot of work was outside software using spreadsheets making it very manual.

State of the art Time Keeping through ADP which made handling of payroll a lot smoother.
Micro Managed environment
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2015
Good pay, great opportunity. Too micromanaged for my liking. Training was solid, but once training was over there is no guidance. Hard to get in touch with management. Worked on their time even when scheduled. Customer base responds to products. Easy sell.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Cold Calls for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, IL and surrounding areasJuly 15, 2015
The best part of this job was meeting someone new that was welcoming, open minded, and easy to talk to every here and there. The worst part of the job was the dozens of cranky buyers I would run into every day. Attempting to turn their opinion of a sales person was much harder than I originally anticipated. My typical day would consist of about 20 construction or similar type of companies. Meeting the qualified buyer at each of those calls would be another story. Sometimes it would be 15, other day I would only see 3 qualified buyers. I learned that you cannot take business personally, and that sometimes things just don't work out the way you plan. I am seeking a new opportunity with a company that can offer stability and a more concrete definition of hard work. Working alone in my car every day was also a downfall of this job.
Pros
Meeting interesting people every day.
Cons
Long days with lot of driving, Tiring and Stressful to be on commission only
very productive environment
data entry supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plainview, New yorkJune 30, 2015
busy sample entry and result entry department, help department managers with sample issues, the food testing industry is a very important in our country in keepong our food safe from harm.
Pros
pleasant work place, great learning experience
Cons
Job preys on new grads and those from other countries
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYMay 18, 2014
This job requires long hours with nights where you can't leave until 2 or 3 am, low compensation, management is abusive and unfair to employees. The company is cheap and doesn't provide the appropriate time, training and equipment to properly do your job, because of this the company lost it's accreditation last year. Hardly anyone stays longer than a year.
Pros
Health and dental benefits
Cons
Poor management, bad hours
Established company.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2014
Management is ok, treat you fairly, but expense compensation is horrible. Be prepared to spend a great deal of your own money to build your "business".

The company is extremely cheap, and the competition within the organization is damaging to the overall success of some individuals.

Plan on spending a great amount of your personal free time organizing your data, and entering orders into their outdated system. If you don't have a life, you may not mind.
Pros
Great products.
Cons
See Above.
a place to build responsibilities working in a team
Chemistry/Microbiology Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 5, 2014
In order to complete every test on time to provide accurate results to clients, every team member is required to work efficiently and to arrange time wisely.
Busy, long hours, poor management, low salary
Microbiology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAApril 4, 2014
busy day at work, long stressful hours, lack of communication between depts., management not hands on, low salary
Pros
lots of pizza parties
Cons
no time for breaks

Want to know more about Certified Laboratories?

Ask a question
Some aspects were challenging and rewarding
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYApril 1, 2013
Some of my job responsibilities were enjoyable and going to work was pleasureable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Certified Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1