Certified Payment Processing Employee Reviews

talk is cheap
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 25, 2017
They don't want to pay you for your time and effort tell you that you get a salary when you really don't just commission for everything you sell not a good job
Bunch of liars
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  PrivateJuly 30, 2016
I've been working as a outsides sales consultant for less than 2 weeks every business i visit either is lied to about me being with their bank or doesn't have a clue im coming by. My team leader tries to push sales on their business and hangs up when a customer's say they want to check our business out before they do business. They lie to the business owners about services they provide and has a ton of hidden fees and good luck getting a pay check or honest and dependable leads. The sales training is a joke and they give you a five hr web class and they want you to pressure the owner into signing up right away they have a F rating thru BBB and not a a member and have been sued more than once UNDER CPC changed their name 4 times and don't care about their reputation or outside sales consultant the main thing is they want is to pressure the owner into signing up right away and nothing they say is the truth they don't care about nothing else but screwing him over. This company should be shut down permanently all license and should be pulled from every company they have and The CEO and team leaders don't care about you or the business you visit.
Don't work for Intrepid Payment processing its not a job you want to be affliated with or be caught up in their unfair and unethical business practices.
Pros
None Run away honestly.
Cons
Scam artist, and deceitfulness, unverified leads, no compensation for fuel, they lie about payment, services, check is always wrong, bonus isn't paid like promised
It has a potential to be a ok career but the financial rewards are not up to standard for my goals.
Sales Coordinator and Representitive (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 16, 2013
While working with this company I have had great support from the managment. evryone that is involved with my direct sales always find time and ways to help me and guide me to succeed to my full potential. Mostly doing cold calls through out a typical work day we tend to get a lot of turn downs but the fun part of the job is turning them into customers. It can be a challenge. Most all retailers have had very bad experiences with credit processors. It is very rewarding to win over the trust of someone who has had these experiences.
Pros
9a.m. to 5p.m., i have worked an average of twelve hour days at my previous career
Cons
striaght commision base, benifits
Outside Sales & Commission Only
Merchant Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Metro AtlantaApril 17, 2013
The support was GREAT! I love my team leaders, but being that this is a commission only and outside sales position was what made it touch to do it as a full time, primary job. I've not worked there long enough and steady enough to learn more about management opportunities, but I do know that in order to move up to management, you'll be required to relocate to Dallas, TX, which I'm not at all interested in.. The compensation plan was pretty good, but going in with the thought planted in our minds that we'll be provided qualified leads, then not getting any (or VERY few) was an issue, 98% of the time and gas spent was prospecting. I still pitch everybody, everywhere I go, but I haven't been going out of my way, since I work for them very part time, for extra money..
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
more gas spent than money gained
Deceptive during recruiting and plays shell games with business names! Beware!
Candidate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 7, 2016
NOTICE: This company is exactly the same thing as "Intrepid Payment Processing." They operate under a number of names.

I was contacted by email by Mr. "J. C., Senior Corporate Recruiter" advertising the following:

*Hours are Monday-Friday from 9-5
*2 to 3 "WARM" leads are provided everyday within 20 miles of home
*Independant Contractor sales with ongoing training and sales support

Upon checking reviews on Glassdoor and Indeed I noticed disturbing similarities in regards to these specific points, namely that the leads are often to businesses that are closed or were COLD instead of warm, ie; not expecting any kind of contact from you. Think telemarketer calling down a list except you have to visit at your own expense. When I called Mr. J.G., he made a big show of "average" pay per week, which was also suspiciously high and in tune with other sales companies that promise lots but deliver little. He 'answered' my concerns with excuses about people making malicious reviews and that the company had a new CEO within the last year. However, shortly after I pointed out to him that several of the reviews with similar concerns to mine came from WITHIN the last year (actually within the last 4 months), he unexpectedly put me on hold for several minutes and then hung up.

I have since sent a letter of disinterest to the company explaining what happened and that due to the above concerns as well as the recruiter's evasive actions I am not interested in any further contacts from their company under this name or "Intrepid Payment Processing". I advise anyone contacted by either
  more... of these companies to seek employment elsewhere.  less
Pros
Supposedly high pay
Cons
Does business under several names to avoid bad reviews, no base pay, not accredited by the Better Business Bureau as of 2016 per the official site.
basic
Appointment Planner (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 25, 2012
typical call center job, clock in have a brief meeting, then straight to the phones. I gather information on the different ways business's received there payments (since we were a merchant company), on the other hand the values of the company from the corporate to the co-workers the integrity was highly unprofessional. The hardest part of my job was the continuous calling of the same business's even if they requested to be on the 'Do not call' list. Yet they'd come up within the next hour. The benefit/positive part of that job was learning not to take no for an answer and help me gain experience in telesales.
benefits
Cons
company lacked integrity
Run.Away
Former sales rep (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 3, 2014
RUN & Dont look back....you can do much better..They will use you ,treat you like trash and expect you to feel Grateful for being made to feel like trash....
No incentives,constant "tweaking" of commissions to where you make pennies on the dollar for your hard work and abusive environment. Even the employees are abusive as is the HR Director & she is
bat- crazy,immature group of people from the ghetto telemarketers to the inside sales team ...Base salary is only $30k!!! Run !!!!! There are no unicorns or leprechauns at the end of their imagined rainbow.
Pros
Cons
too many list
Interesting environment
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 1, 2015
Great benefits and bonus, do to changes in management Certified Payment Processing is poorly ran, mis managed, and bigotry throughout upper level mangement.
Waste of time,gas, and money.
Merchant Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 20, 2014
Burnt up most of the family gas, on the behalf of not being reimbursed for gas. Only received pay, when sale was made, this particular job wasn't salary - based, it was commission based.
Pros
Meet up with business owners, find out more about them and business.
Cons
Cheated majority clientele, in addition to not being a BBB accredited business, major red flag for possible sales.
Run run run as fast as you can
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 6, 2016
Where to begin. I got a call one day from the company stating they saw my resume on indeed and felt that I was a perfect candidate for their team. Ok so u agree and join on board, I had to participate in this 5hour webinar basically knowledge of what u would be doing. I was eager and ready so after the webinar I was assigned a team leader. The next morning I called my team leader so he could give me my assignment. It was at a funeral home I called there first to let them know I was on the way I got there knocked in the door no answer so I called my team leader and he's like someone is there just wait in the meantime while I'm waiting the police pulls up and approaches me asking what was I doing in private property I explained to them who I was and what I was doing come to find out the owner had an restraining order on any sales and intrepid knew that so when I called my team leader back in speaker phone he's like I told you to leave basically they asked me did I know of any places that would be interested if so visit those businesses until he could find the next lease. So after riding around I went home this was around 12:30 pm my team leader didn't call me back until 4:45 never again I spent so much money on gas awful company
Pros
Work at own pace, easy hire
Cons
Everything else
challenging but rewarding
Sales executive (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 5, 2015
I've been working for this company for the past 11 weeks.
This job is not for the lazy man, this being said. if you understand sales and willing to plug it in, the commission is very rewarding.
From my personal experience, support stuff and management is super friendly and nice.

•a typical day at work- building a pipe line or following up and closing
•what you learned- work hard and make money
•management- very supportive
•your co-workers- friendly
•the hardest part of the job- staying motivated, getting new business
•the most enjoyable part of the job- meeting new people and getting paid 5 times a week.
Pros
Healthcare
certified payment processing
Sales Representatives (Current Employee) –  new yorkMay 1, 2015
Not the best company to work for. They do not pay you timely in a commission only situation. You have to keep track of every penny that they owe and you always have to fight to get it. The appointments they set up for you are BS. They provide no customer service and expect you to just sell and leave. If you try to provide a customer with service they insist you don't. The only positive to the job was work life balance.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
everything else
sales postion
Merchant Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 14, 2014
A typical day began with my driving to the appointment lead that was given me by my supervisor. What I learned in this position was that you must always be honest and upfront with the potential client. I was responsible for management of myself as I was an independent contractor and the hardest part of this job was gaining the new clients who had been established with other organizations for a certain length of time. The most enjoyable part of this job was being on my own and not having to work in an office setting but being on the road going to various appointments.
Pros
commission was unlimited
Cons
earnings were misleading, hours fluctuated, support staff were unknowledgable
Great opportunity for a first time sales representative!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  VAOctober 4, 2015
The entire process was visiting 3 to 5 business a day. I would introduce myself and the company and work to schedule a second interview via phone with the sales manager. The only thing that made the position a challenge was that the majority or prospects were acquired through cold calling or cold visits.
Laid-back environment without direction
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 28, 2015
Fun entry level environment with great co-workers. Constant upper management change that causes drastic changes throughout he company.
This company scams consumers.
Market Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Covington, TXSeptember 26, 2013
This company has an "F" rating with the BBB and a class action lawsuit against them for good reason. They have their sales staff sign up customers at a supposed low rate for payment processing, but have so many hidden fees that the customers actually wind up paying more than double what they are told. They say they pay commission within 24 hours of the sale, but in all actuality it takes a week or more. They promise "sign on bonuses" and expense allowances, but don't pay them.
My advice to anyone looking to work for this company, "Run away, far and fast, unless you want to be had by scammers!"
Pros
Cons
This company is a scam. They mislead their customers and employees.
Overall
Regional Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2012
My week begans on maonday by me driving to an area where I can meet and greet different businesses and owners. I set up my week with appointments with owners. I go over statements and see how we can help them out and put their business in a better financial postion. The hardest part about my job is to get owners to take the time to talk with me. I listen to their concerns and needs. By me listening I get them to open up and then I assist them in where they need help. I enjoy helping businesses out and providing them with the service they want and desire. I am not pushy I consult them and by doing this it openes them up where we can talk. It never a one side conversation
Pros
independant
Cons
company not valuing my time
love the people but dislike the management
Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2015
The work is great and the people are great as well but the management is very inconsistent and they make you feel like you could lose your job at any moment for any reason and no one likes to feel like that.
Pros
the people you meet are great
Cons
30 min lunch and management sucks
Liars and scam artist
Outside sales rep (Former Employee) –  Southern indianaOctober 4, 2013
They lie about rates they lie about your commission this company should be put under they use 4 different names to keep people not knowing who they are summit payment processing trans tech merchant group first American payment processing and certified payment processing they will put u through a 5 or 6 hour training and then send you to business the next day they call it a hiring mill they will use you for a couple weeks to make them money until you catch on to what there up to
Pros
It's all bad
Cons
Being tricked to scam your local business and friends in buisness
Competitive commission
Merchant Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 13, 2013
My phone would receive phone calls from my manager assigning me to appointments to meet with local merchants. I document their address and promote our products and services. If the merchant agrees to perchance them, I then call in my supervisor in filing out the paper work and submitting them for commission pay.

I have learned how credit card terminals work and different services a local business owner would need to run a successful business. I have also gained a understanding on what it takes to run a small to mid size business.

My manager helped me in my ways to be a good sales woman. He taught and guided me on scripts and ways to approach business owners and be heard.

I did not work with other co-workers, if I did it might of been more successful for me.

It was hard to make sales in my area, and find local merchants who own several businesses.

Still, I did enjoy presenting the products and services as well as offer assistance in understanding the company and setting up the newly purchased equipment.
Pros
Fun, work on your own pace, technology, business knowledge
Cons
comission pay, hard to make sales in area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Certified Payment Processing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5