Cessna Aircraft Company Employee Reviews

Senior Flight Line Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 12, 2017
ensure quality standards were maintained. Ensure inspection manpower was adequate. Maintain the MRB cage and ensure failed / rejected parts were documented and returned to the vendors. Ensure proper documentation was adhered to in accordance with the FAA standards and requirements
Pros
Flying and the professional people I worked with.
Cons
layoffs
great place to work
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 31, 2017
Nice boss made sure I was conformable in my job before leaving me alone to complete a task. Very good training. Very Hot in the summer. Great training programs.
Pros
training programs
Cons
The Heat
Good job for those who enjoy CAD
Engineering Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 30, 2017
This job is great if you like to use 3D CAD to design new parts. I had a really good manager who helped me to understand things when I had questions. Would still be there if wasn't laid off
Pros
Good pay, great culture, rewarding
Cons
Not recession proof
Outstanding
Flightline Avionics/Electrical Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 13, 2017
I worked for Cessna for a long time. Great company to work for and management are willing to help you to to advance within the company. Most of all the company has a safe environment and equipment to work with.
Very well paid
Flight Line Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 10, 2017
Excellent compensation and paid time off!!! Some areas are. Some what clique-ish!!! Excellent opportunity for advancement!!! Some managers could use some re-training classes!!!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Expensive health insurance
Company
Structures Mechanic Textron Aviation (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 22, 2017
Good place to work, the only downside was the the healthcare. Good pay, climate controlled.. If I wasn't interested in moving to a different dtate I would stay.
Pros
good working atmosphere
Cons
healthcare
Productive and safe workenvironment
Sand and fill (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSJuly 19, 2017
My work consisted of mainly masking the aircraft to be painted, painting the aircraft, and spreading a sealant material. Great culture of safety and productive company. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to look on the inside of finished private jets. I learned to paint aircraft, sand correctly, along with developing a great safety mentality.
Not a good place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 17, 2017
Too much of an ingrown culture here. The management team has the good ol' boys network. I have seen many things go unsolved under the management at this company. Do not work here.
Good company
Senior Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 6, 2017
Good place to work, being around airplanes and getting to ride Citations to air shows are a nice perk. Turnover in key positions can make it difficult to inform POV on company's strategy.
Pros
Free Skyhawk after 10yrs of service :)
Cons
Subject to whims of equity market
Cessna has changed
Parts Control and Logistics Value Stream Leader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 26, 2017
Cessna used to be a great place to work when people actually cared. Now these days they encourage employees to lie and be deceitful. Recently talked with old co-workers still employed there and their exact words were Cessna is a cluster and run!
Pros
Cons
horrible management
Cessna Aircraft Company was an excellent place to work for many years.
Programmer Analyst-Sr-1 (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 16, 2017
I loved working at Cessna; I always had good managers and supervisors. The most difficult part about the job was near then end when so many IT people had been laid off and the work was left for the rest.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
corporate culture hard to change, in some aspects
Good Company
Contract Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 15, 2017
Best Aircraft company in Wichita to work for. Good work environment. Friendly and helpful people to work with. Would definitely work there again if given the opportunity.
Cons
Its the aircraft industry, always a boom or bust with layoffs
Diversity.
Material Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 15, 2017
Typical day, stretches with the group and finish tasks from what 2nd shift left. I really enjoy making my Boss/Captain look good... Management was transparent and knowledge caring about their workers health and welfare. Diversity is inevitable, I enjoy working with others and learning from others. The most enjoyable part of the Job is as I said previously ;earning and working with others!!!
Pros
No Injuries = pizza party.
Cons
too many breaks!!
Excellent place to work.
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 12, 2017
I would recommend Cessna Aircraft to anyone looking for a job. They have a NO DRUG policy. If you do drugs, DO NOT APPLY.
They offer great opportunities for advancement. The pay is great and a great work environment.
Great aviation opportunities
Sales Administrator, Citation Marketing Division (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 10, 2017
Great work environment. Facilities were/ are state of the art. Surrounded by educated professionals in the aircraft OEM world. Great chance to advance sales careers as well as management.
Cessna
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 10, 2017
Worked at Cessna from for over 10 years. Was a fine job, it would have been great if they would not have laid me off. I enjoyed designing sections of the Aircraft.
solid Company
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  West Coast USAMay 29, 2017
Good Company to work for with benefits. Great processes and engineering teams. Leadership is not collaborate. Middle management are not allowed to grow their teams -conduits only.
Good learning experience
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 11, 2017
I would love to work there if they would pay more than 8.00/hr starting off. I did learn how to use power, air, hand tools. I also learned how to read aircraft blueprints and I learned to build an airplane rudder.
Pros
Easygoing
Cons
None really
Business
Business Development Marketing (Former Employee) –  KansasApril 29, 2017
Typical day - was contacting HIGH NET worth individuals , Commercial ,Government Military Entities
Contact and arrange Meetings
Monitored and documented each Group and reported developments.
Prepared Cost saving analysis and Operational criteria.
Self Managed and developed Leads and colete demonstration schedules.
Arranged Events and Air Show participation.
Pros
Self AMnaged
Cons
Long processes
top ranked company with great pay and excellent benifits
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 29, 2017
for this industry this company was one of the best around. provided great pay and excellent benefits with paid time off and paid holidays. one of the top dogs in the aircraft industry