Cessna Aircraft Company Employee Reviews in United States

Cessna
SHEET Metal Assembler (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSAugust 23, 2016
Great company. Earned several certificates while there. Good work ethics, excellent benefits. I throughly enjoyed working with such great people & comoamy.
Pros
Awesome place
Cons
No air conditioning
Jig Building is a good trade
Manufacture engineer Tooling Liaison Sr (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 8, 2016
I started out as a assembler. Then went through Tooling training 400 hours.Then Iwas moved to the Jig Shop worked there for11 years. Then went into management for little over 12 years.Then transferred as a tooling liaison.
Good company
Customer Account Manager, International Marketing (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 15, 2016
Cessna is a good company. Aircraft in general is hard because the constant lay offs. I did not like most of my coworkers. They were bullies.
Great people to work with in my area
Master Scheduler/Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSJuly 10, 2016
Bottom line, we usually ended up with much more work on our plates due to company shifting/acquisition of employees. This totally affected the work/life balance.
Pros
autonomy, great co-workers
Cons
chaos within some departements due to the acquistion of another company, personnel & processes were clustered, newly-changed management positions caused tension & anxiety within their respective departments
Currently part of Textron Corp. Very good place to work, gain experience from the world leader in business aricraft.
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 10, 2016
At Cessna I gained significant expertise in my field. The company is well managed, forward thinking and has a tremendous customer support viewpoint. They strive to do excellent engineering to produce a financially viable, safe aircraft for their clients.
A great place to work and serve people from all over the world!
International Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 7, 2016
I enjoy working for Cessna Aircraft Company because I had the opportunity to be in daily communication with people, pilots, mechanics and administrators of airplanes from many different countries.
Pros
The opportunities to interact with customers.
Cons
The lack of support for employes from management.
Poor Shift in Culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 24, 2016
have worked at Cessna for 25 years and been quite successful growing into a professional leadership position. The company has provided nicely for my family so Its hard to write some of these things, but the truth is the truth. It has simply turned into a job, where the leadership is expected to no longer care about their employees, due to every decision expected to be made to drive cost out, and improve the margins. Too many inexperienced leaders have been put into position that they are not ready for. Examples are the dramatic turnover over the previous 5 years, not empowering the workforce as we once did, and discarding good people when they speak up about objections to the current path. Cessna has lost their way, from a once proud culture that was the jewel of Wichita, to just another employer that will work you into the ground, and not show the appreciation for you. If you are young or bright, stay away, and help companies like Koch....
Pros
Well Paying, great brand, respected within the industry
Cons
disorganization, lack of respect, Culture has changed to dispair
Fun and productive work place
Structure on the Job Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 16, 2016
Cessna Aircraft is a great place to work, friendly people always wiling to help each other, sometimes it can be a little stressful but what work place isn't sometimes, all i know is that i had great people around me and thats what made my day everyday.
Really enjoyed Cessna, family oriented place to work
Sovereign and Latitude-Final Assembly Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 13, 2016
Cessna in the mid 1990's was a great place to work, you felt and was treated like family. The benefits were great, we paid no premium for our health insurance. There was overtime, but overall balance between work and home life was good.
benefits
Cons
at the time, no a/c
A coproration that builds high quality corporate jets and personal aircraft
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Process Engineering, Components ManufacturingApril 4, 2016
Typical day:
Pre-release and released research of engineering drawings, 2D and 3d in Catia V6. Defining multiple processes for manufacture. Creating tools, and planning the details of component fabrication, including composites.

What was learned:
Re-learning skills I had not used in a long time. Heat treatment, cold and hot forming of multiple tempers of aluminum and composites.

Management:
Effective, experienced and positively direct with expectations. Co-workers and peers at work, professional.

Most difficult:
The challenge of repetition.

Most enjoyable: Satisfaction of developing quality work and utilizing my skills of tool development, IE, graphics, process specification used to define the process..
Pros
Abundant assistance and good teamwork.
Cons
Long days
Great people and nice work enviroment.
Contract Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  SWFMarch 13, 2016
Nice fast paced environment. A lot of OJT and computer work. Most co workers very knowledgeable. Location is not that great but easy commute. Pay seems very low but for the area it seems on par. Training is offered at no cost after short time.
Decent place, but not worth the hour-long drive every morning
Admin - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMarch 11, 2016
At first I was looking for greener pastures when I applied for this position due to the back experiences from the previous job. However, upon working here for now a year, I found that instead of going from bad to good, it went from bad to worse. I was warned that you have to have pretty thick skin to put up with some of the mechanics, not that I don't. I have never worked somewhere where I didn't want to see almost anybody over there, except for maybe 1 or 2 people. No matter how much you do your best to accommodate the staff with whatever help they need, they rarely show any kind of appreciation. Plus, It's also becoming costly to commute. I live an hour away and between gas and tolls, it's all adding up.
Software Engineer
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 8, 2016
First time in that project used google analytics. i and my team were dealing 25 website which we are not owner of the web site so control names was changing all the time that is why we were writing generic codes sometimes it was really hard to figure out the problems and solution
Pros
Big company, a lot of new technology to learn
Cons
there was no cons which i can fill this part
Was a good job until the down turn.
Aircraft Painter (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 27, 2016
Sanding aircraft, Priming aircraft, Painting aircraft. I learned to be a good painter. My manager was a nice guy. Team work goes a long ways.Painting the tails of aircraft was the hardest. Spray painting was the best part of the job.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Being laid off because of the economy.
Liked the job
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJanuary 18, 2016
Learned manual machining skills. Setup long run parts. Check the parts to spec. Liked my co-workers still keep in touch. Trouble with material or tooling. Making standard production.
Pros
advancement
good place to work
Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSDecember 6, 2015
coworkers like family and training was out of this world great place to work. The layoffs was the only down side. that and the heat in the summer.
Pros
coworkers like family
Cons
layoffs and on ac/ in the summer
Cessna Experience
Process Improvement Leader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 1, 2015
At Cessna there are lots of opportunities for advancement. New thoughts & ideas are encouraged. Management was ever changing making unnecessary churn in work processes. I enjoyed that each day presented a new challenge. I disliked having to worry about being laid off.
working together whit my crew
Drill Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 10, 2015
start the day off by gathering my work load getting all my needs check paper work drilling parts loading and packing parts moving parts to right locations
Pros
off on firdays
Cons
heath plan
Not what it used to be
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 3, 2015
Poor management, too pushy, found a reason to terminate me, ultimately for union involvement. Bad morale over benefits and management
Great company
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 3, 2015
Great company at the time, was layed off after 2 years. First real job out of high school, great pay and benefits at the time with nice management. Cared about safety of employees.

Cessna Aircraft Company Reviews by Location