Cessna Aircraft

Cessna Aircraft Employer Reviews

Great Company
Commodity Manager (Former Employee), WichitaFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great leadership
I worked as a contractor in supply chain. I learned that the Cessna managers as a whole really work as a team. Great leadership. Most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a fast paced environment on a clean sheet aircraft. Would do it all again in a heart beat.
Cessna is a good place to work
final assembly mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita,Ks.January 12, 2015
Pros: good work environment, good pay, good benefits
Cons: out source jobs
co-workers were very talented and fun to work with. My managers were very professional. I learned the proper way to assemble small aircraft and perform functional tests for out- the -door deliveries to green flight.
Stockroom Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 30, 2014
Cessna is a large organization. I worked in the stockroom area. I learned a lot about the production of airplanes.
a large variety of jobs. skill required. quality minded important. Meeting deadlines.
Instrument Panel Assembler/Employee Advocate (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 30, 2014
Pros: sick leave, paid holidays, seniority rights, health insurance
Cons: short breaks, start time was early, outsourcing
I enjoyed my job greatly. Always something to learn. Our management improved greatly when the company placed management with educated people. I appreciated the fact that the company was safety minded, as well as the fact they were ergonomic conscientious as well. We always started the day out with ergonomic stretches, and then a brief meeting on goals for the day.We worked as teams, and were shown appreciation for a job well done. Working with nearly 300 co-workers, there were many personalities, as well as cultures that I worked with. It was a fun experience to learn about different parts of the world. As far as the hardest part of the job, I cant really think of an example, other than people sometime not getting along. I loved my job, and I loved having a perfect finished product. I believe taking pride in workmanship is very important. I did appreciate the fact that we had inspection, so as to ensure the job was done correctly. I also enjoyed working closely with management.
Good Pay, poor job security
Sr. Design Engineer, Interiors / Systems (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 9, 2014
Pros: good pay - challenging work
Cons: poor job security
Challenging job and fulfilling tasks assigned on most projects.
Upper management lacks overall sense of corporate direction,
Most direct and mid-level engineering managers were great to work for.
Cessna
SHEET METAL/AIRFRAME MECHANIC (Former Employee), Independence, KSOctober 8, 2014
Poorly managed. Nepotism is rampant. Inadequate wages. No room for advancement due to these reasons.
Lots of politics, it's who you know to be promoted, not what you know.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: bonus
Lots of stress and no team work. In the beginning everyone seems amazing and later the true colors come out.
Home environment
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: able to see what my work could do
worked in the experimental department and work side by side with engineering, quality, A&P mechanics and management to develop new airplanes for the company.
Cessna Review
Radio and Electrical/ Avionics (Former Employee), Wichita KansasAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good employee relations
A company with a positive outlook on the future. Plenty of experienced professional production workers.
A good place to work for untill they moved the operations to Mexico
Production Team Leader/ Tech. III CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: good working conditions.
Cons: not much grouth with this company
Seven years working for this company was good. Sorry that they felt profits were needed in Mexico and not in U.S.A.
Avionics/Aircraft Technician (Former Employee), Independence, KSAugust 3, 2014
Good leadership, great working conditions and good money. Great place for an entry level person in aircraft systems.
Enjoyed my co-workers
Inspector Tools (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 22, 2014
I enjoyed working with different types of people. And I liked my job. Had alot of appertain for advancement .
Leader in Business Aviation
Experimental Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 21, 2014
Pros: compensation, job variety
Cons: job security
There is no typical day for an M.E. in aviation. Job duties shift depending on the build cycle of the aircraft. In Experimental, especially, we do it all: drawing and parts list reviews, material sourcing, manufacturing planning, model analysis, purchasing, outsource vendor analysis/quality review, and the list goes on.

The hardest part of the job is during the manufacturing planning phase, which tends to be monotonous, but once you get in a flow state, it makes the workday pass quickly.

The best part of the job is two-fold: The hardworking professionals I work with and watching the aircraft you've worked on for years finally go wheels up on first flight.
Hiring from within is a plus for the employee
Administrative Asst/Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee), Independence, KSJuly 16, 2014
Pros: chance for advancement
Cons: aircraft industry is cyclical so job security can be fleeting
It is a fast paced environment because customers are expecting their product by a certain date. Sometimes that means working long hours and not spending time with your family.

I loved the feeling I had when the aircraft was finished and I knew I had had a hand in its creation. I also loved the clients and CSTARS who would visit our facility. The clients ranged from the individual that wanted to fly planes to multi-billionaires adding to their collection.

Working with the different departments and coming up with solutions was challenging and rewarding.
Consider somewhere else to work
Experimental Mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita, KansasJuly 4, 2014
Pros: some friendly people.
Cons: backstabbers.
The shop I was working at, people only cared for themselves. Majority of people will stab you in the back to make themselves look good. There is someone always looking over your shoulder. I was told in the beginning that this job was secure. Eight months later I was laid off.
not a bad place to work. plenty of time off as needed for family.
team member (Former Employee), Independence, KSApril 19, 2014
Pros: free saturday lunches
Cons: healthcare
not a bad place to work. plenty of time off as needed for family
Used to be a great place to work...
Design Engineer / Intern (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: won't make you work overtime, accommodates family well.
Cons: healthcare is not that great for family. upper management doesn't tell its employees anything.
Textron policies tend to treat Cessna as just another business, not an aircraft business.
was not the companies fault , economy went down hill
Fab Cell Operator (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: there was none
decent place to work, that's all, there's nothing more to say
Productive workplace with advancement opportunities and great benefits.
Final Assembly (Former Employee), Wichita, KsJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits, and potential job advancement.
Cons: over worked and under appreciated.
A typical day at work was busy, geared toward quality and quantity. Setting and achieving goals, working with others to put out a quality product.
I learned everything from the bottom, a general laborer, to training new and existing employees. Management wasn't the best at connecting with employees, fair and equal treatment.
Most of my co-workers were wonderful supportive people, there were the few that seemed determined daily to create a hostile environment.
The hardest part of the job was working with difficult fellow employees, feeling like a number rather than an asset to the company, and long work hours, including mandatory Saturdays.
Great Job
Intregral Fuel Cell Sealer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 21, 2013
Pros: great benifits and pay
Cons: vert hot and long hours
It was challenging and rewarding! The hours were crazy and the summers were very hot! Great benefits also! Overall it was the best job I have had!

1 2 3