Ceva Ground

Ceva Ground Employee Reviews

decent place to work
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee), Carson, CAJune 16, 2015
Work/life balance. What balance? All those perks and benefits are an illusion. They keep you at work and they help you to be more productive. I've never met anybody at Google who actually time off on weekends or on vacations. You may not hear management say, "You have to work on weekends/vacations" but, they set the culture by doing so - and it inevitably trickles down. I don't know…
ok
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 10, 2014
Lost its identity when became part of CEVA Logistics. Focused changed too much talent lost
The Season of Change
Linehaul Coordinator / Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2014
This company has morphed into a great beast that sometimes bit it's own tail.
Initially, this company started out as being a great place for advancement, but like other places, there is a glass ceiling.
great flexibility with minimal raises or job advancement
Lead Freight Handler (Current Employee), Compton, CAJuly 24, 2013
Pros: very flexible
Cons: no advancement or raises
Ceva is a great starter job but they little or no raises at all. Very few people advance in this company. I learned: the process of inbound and outbound freight, loading, on time departure, safety auditing, time management , man power distribution. The hardest part of working at Ceva is knowing you have the intelligence and work ethics to advance but more than likely you will not advance. Co workers have great personality and we lift each other up about certain unsatisfactory work conditions.
Fast Paced, Diverse Work Enviroment
Linehaul Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2013
Pros: healthcare benefits, bonuses when earned/applicable, being able to help others
Cons: can be a rough and stressful work environment, inconsistency in leadership decisions and changing of polocies
Typically a work day will include a lot of attention to detail to ensure on time delivery of products and complete customer satisfaction. I have personally learned many new things in the transportation and logistics field. Management has both it's strong and weak points, while sometimes frustrating the management team is geared toward improvement and success. Most everyone I work with is easy to get along with and the diverse atmosphere brings many new things to the office, and keeps it upbeat even in stressful situations. The hardest part of the job is the constant change of direction and inconsistency in leadership decisions and guidelines. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people and knowing you are helping others by providing a very important service to people worldwide.
fast pased demanding but yet fun
Dot driver/freight handler (Former Employee), groveport ohioJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: same duties everyday but different task kept it interesting
Cons: poor managment, say one thing do another
great group of people to work with alot of team effort and willingness to help one another to get job done
Productive: Making business Flow
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), East Point, GANovember 23, 2012
Assists with performing general support functions for client's shipments. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values. Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following work with clients to establish detailed profiles and procedures that properly represent their export process. Trace and track customer freight, prepare rates, provide quotes, take pick-up requests, route and book freight as needed. Notify customers of any delays in shipping and dispatching points. Maintain contact with airlines, trucking companies and agents handling freight. Proactively inform shippers and consignee(s) of problems. Provide proof of delivery. Enter shipment data in system. Run, maintain, and file reports.
Company has a gym
Customer Service Sales Support Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 16, 2012
I greatly enjoyed my experience as a receptionist at this company. It gave me the opportunity to meet many of the executives, build professional relationships, which I think was beneficial to my ability to promote myself within the company.
Great place to learn and become a true professional.
Operations Manager / Linehaul Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2012
Learned how to manage multiple personnel in an operational start up situation. My co-workers have made it challenging and rewarding to have been employed there.

Ceva Ground Salaries