CFI Employee Reviews

growing pains but otherwise very awesome family oriented company!
Contract Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 18, 2015
great company but currently going thru a lot of changes as it grows.
the owners care about their employees and that is something very rare in our world of bigbox stores. a little more involvement in key structure issues is needed to make this company strive. and they are aware and making these changes!
hard work
Installer's Helper (Former Employee) –  Willingboro, NJMarch 24, 2016
A typical day at work,load truck with counter tops drive from stop to stop get off work after all tops were installed for the day
Priority team driver. I worked 5 hours on and 5 hours off up to 70 hours per week.
Priority Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 12, 2015
I drove priority team with my husband. I drove in the lower 48 States and Canada having to know the laws regarding trucking industry for each state. Had to know the engine of a diesel and understand it's workings so that I knew if there was something wrong with the way the truck was moving or sounding.
Driver unloaded some of the freight as well as had to understand how to scale a truck to make the weight limits legal for each individual State.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Hard work and I was away from my children for a full year
Hard working enviroment with plenty of hours
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 12, 2015
I don't work directly for CFI, but under a subcontractor. Hours vary as do any construction job. Work is never done, so there are plenty of hours for someone who wants to work. Don't expect advancement as there are to many mexicans that have worked there for 10+ years. Also, don't expect to learn much as they hardly speak english. Be prepared to bust your butt for a check and thats basically it.
Pros
Fair pay and plenty of work
Cons
Too much work where you lose family time.
Awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 5, 2015
This company was the first one I worked for where you actually received incentives for doing a great job. I loved the atmosphere and the perks that came along with being a team member at this establishment.
Poor management and work enviroment
Laundry Manager (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNFebruary 20, 2015
Overseeing a team to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
I have learned to become self sufficient, think outside the box.
Micromanagement, no support for real issues. No appreciation.
Co-workers are hard working, a great team.
Lack of communication makes every job here harder than it needs to be.
I enjoy seeing what our team has accomplished on a daily basis, against great odds.
benefits
Cons
job culture
Very Meaningful Work
Parent Partner Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 17, 2015
Great place to work especially with the new Executive Director and great staff changes. People really care about the families they serve.
Some days better than others.
Assembler/ Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 6, 2014
The day begins with pulling of the orders for assembling that day.I have learned how to follow directions well in putting things together which have helped in my personal life. management is iffy at best.I have worked with a few of the same coworkers for 15 years. Hardest part of the job is working hard everyday and not knowing when or if a raise is coming.The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with different people everyday.
Pros
tips
Cons
sometime no lunch and no insurance
Fast paced, high standards for little pay.
Assembly / Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Rainbow City, ALMarch 11, 2014
High expectations on the employees from management, and if able to achieve all supervisors production quotas no recognition will be received, work load will escalate. Raises will be issued at supervisors determination which can never be met.
Pros
owner is generous during holidays, is a good starter job to entry level manufacturing and experience.
Cons
very little chance of advancement, and/or raises.
Metro PCS was a great place to work. All the staff was very professional and great to work with. They also had functions at all holidays.
Construction Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 7, 2013
My typical day at Metro included driving 200 - 300 miles per day going from one cell site to the next looking over the contractors work and completly inspecting the site. I also had a chance to work in the office building folders for the IRS in case of an audit. Everyone in management was very kind and always wanted to help if there was something that you needed to know. I loved working there and was said to leave after the completion of the build.
Pros
very good pay and a very plesant place to be employed.
Cons
i really don't have anything negative to say about the company.
Laborer and Demolition work at CFI
laborer/demolition (Former Employee) –  woodbridge VirginiaJanuary 27, 2015
The work day would start at six in the morning and I would sweep floors, remove floor tile, remove trash, place fire proof insulation in the ceiling, and put in ceiling tile. For the demolition work the electrician and I would remove old conduit pipes and wiring from the ceiling so the electrician can replace them with new ones. I learned to use power tools, how electricity moves through a building, and how to put fire proof insulation in the ceiling. The task given to us were clear and concise and other workers were helpful in showing me how to do them. My co workers were helpful and knowledgeable of the work that was being done. The hardest part of the job was the fire proof insulation which would get on you and make you itch while placing it in the ceiling in the summer air. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my direct contribution to a new cafeteria in a school and doing a variety of task to complete that.
Pros
good pay and good hours
Cons
the distance from my house
Great place to work if you like Timeshare
Sales/Marketing - Welcome Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Branson, MODecember 2, 2013
I liked working here because everyday was a new day. No two days are the same. I learned a lot of customer service skills and how to manage time and people. It was a very fast paced and stressful environment but easily managed if you are good at managing your time.
Great place to work depending on your position
Telecommunication (Former Employee) –  OcoeeMarch 14, 2012
Great place to work depending on your position with the company.
Pros
can be used as a stepping stone, for a future position in another company.
Cons
the timeshare industry is slowly going away, so this job might be around for a long time.
Fast paced enviroment
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 17, 2013
Called people to fund raise for local police and fire department. How state programs are funded. Typical management and coworkers. Hardest part was getting donators to hear you out. Helping better my comunity was the best part.
Pros
great spiffs
Cons
telemarketing
Productive, fast pace, great training
Front Desk Mgr/ Guest Services Mgr (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2012
Check in and out guest on a daily basis
All about Timeshare
I was part of Management so I was great
My co-workers were great
Not having enough rooms
Helping making the guest vacation great
benefits
Cons
glass ceiling
Cfi
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJune 11, 2013
it was great there. i loved everything about the company.The manager there lisa was amazing. She was always wiiling to help out whatever she can do
Pros
great food
Cons
managers
Exiting and knowledgable.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Based out of New YorkMarch 1, 2013
The most enloyable part of my job is meeting new people and seeing the difference the job I do makes.
Pros
working for myself.
Cons
traveling more than i would like.
Great company to work for
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2012
no longer w/ company due to going back to doing hair but was a great source of income when i needed it
Pros
money
Cons
traffic
Great to be you own boss
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2013
This is a great job if you enjoy driving. You are a contracted employee with no benefits.
Pros
be your own boss
Cons
no benefits
Great job, loved it.
Packing and Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIJuly 4, 2012
Advancement was great, as long as you learn everything it is easy to move up in this company.
Pros
easy work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CFI. Our community is ready to answer.