CFLane Employee Reviews

Unprofessionalism at its best!
Property Manager (Former Employee), TXJuly 11, 2015
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: Unprofessional Upper Management, lack of training and support.
This was a pretty good company when I first started working here but I have witnessed swift deterioration!!!! Most of the people that I have worked with in this company have left within a year or two. When a company can't maintain employees that speaks very HIGHLY of what type of company it is. When changes are made you will not be trained on how to do things in person but told to go online and complete training on top of an already heavy workload. Furthermore, the training posted online is nothing like the programs or scenarios that you will face in reality. Regionals take absolutely no responsibility for anything but instead blame overworked and underpaid apartment managers for lack of training. Upper management does not hold lower employees at a high regard, and the "open-door" policy is non-existent since you can never get anyone to reply when you try to address concerns and issues with management or HR, and if they do respond it is in a very UNPROFESSIONAL manner. If you are looking for a position that offers personal and professional growth and you want to be respected as a employee, follow my advice and do NOT work for this company!
Run Away Quickly
Property Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Salary and Benefits
Cons: Upper Management
Throughout my 16 year property management career, I had heard so many bad things about Lane. Everyone from Leasing Consultants to Vice Presidents. I didn't listen to them and went to work there as a Property Manager. Big mistake. The predominantly female upper management was typically unsupportive and down right condescending. Not an atmosphere that promotes anything towards their best assets, their employees. Do NOT work there, unless you are new to the industry, in which case you won't know what it's like to work for a good PM company.
Great company to work for, great training, salary and incentives.
Leasing Agent/Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2015
Pros: Bonus incentives
Cons: Can be stressful and very competitive at times
Really enjoyed my time working for this company, I learned a lot and was able to advance rapidly without any issues. The pay scale was right on line with your qualifications. There were quarterly sales meetings that could be very rewarding if you did your job to the best of your ability.
Great Company
Property Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 6, 2015
Pros: The team work
Cons: Was not able to stay on due to management change
As a Property Manger with Cflane I was able to get great direction to move forward with my career path.The company understood the job procedures and enforce them at all times. The hours were long at times but worth working for this company.
Great Company
Property Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta GAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great company
Great Company! I moved to Florida for a change in my life. At this time the company has no properties in Clearwater/Largo/ or Tampa.
come back to the area
Property Manger (Former Employee), mdJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: job security: advancement: great team
Cons: more on hands management
I wish you had more properties in my area. great team I worked with that worked allot of hours for the company. They rarely was asked to come to work and did just for the team work.
I enjoyed that atmosphere I was able to create with residents and potential move-ins.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: over time
I learned multiple documentation procedures
including
background checks
credit score inquiries
asset and reference verification
Tax Credit and PHA accredited procedures
real estate is not as busy as it use to be
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 4, 2015
You are your own boss when your an agent
Other agents were friendly
commission only job
Told to do "A" while mangement performed "B"
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCOctober 22, 2014
The best part about working in property management was meeting the tenants. The worst part was that the tenants I met were way behind on their rent and my job was to collect money from them when they were struggling and had none. I saw and met people from all walks of life. It really opened my eyes.
Leasing Position
Leasing (Former Employee), Irving TxOctober 21, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
This is a terrible company to work for they ask you during the interview if you have kids. Really? So that means they will work their employee to death and plus that is illegal in so many ways. Do not even consider to work for such a terrible company for your own good.
Unfair and discriminatory
Property Manager (Current Employee), North CharlstonSeptember 27, 2014
Cons: too many cons to list
A typical day at Barony place is there is not typical day at Barony Place. Its over whelming and under staffed and so far behind in everything there is no catching up. There is not higher up support to the staff on site and the RPM has a very erratic and unprofessional mannerism. The RPM is very retaliatory and unfair to the office staff that has been pushing and working hard and long hours to try to catch up on things that have been behind for years. I have had to get on prescribed medication since being at this property.
Large growing Company
Property Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 2, 2014
You can expect ALOT of reports and a great salary. Also room for growth.
Assistant Property Manager / Compliance
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), North CharlestonJune 16, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: overload of files at times and no assistance
As an Assistant Property Manager for a tax credit, housing and conventional property with 309 units; it has been rewarding and for filling to learn and maintain and a relationship of Professionalism for Barony Place and Phoenix residents. Since becoming a member of Lane Management where we had 88 Red Memos; it has been my main responsibility to maintain and process all recertification and new lease yearly. Maintaining standards set by both Lane Management and the SC State Housing Authority. Performed duties as an Assistant Manager to the Property Manager to include but not limited to maintaining – more... residents files for more that 309 resident and units, assist residents with new lease and move – ins, renewal process, and community concerns. Perform unit by unit inspection, prepare and deliver the monthly newsletter, late letters, provide a market survey, prepare and submit Quarterly Report to Compliance of for the SC State Housing Finance and Development, enter payment of rent into One Site, Mail lease renewal letters, Prepare Traffic reports, Turn on and off lights in vacates or show units, check messages, Prepare office daily for open, Enter work orders into the computer, and replace keys in key lock box if needed. Enter new move ins into One Site as well as intent to vacate notices. Provide and maintain a fiduciary relationship for and or with Lane Management.; it while performing professional administrative duties.

The hardest part of my duties would have been the compliance with state tax credit files.

The most enjoyable and rewarding part was helping people. Both residents, staff and prospects. No matter how stressful the day at the end of the day I was able to assist someone and provide customer satisfaction via leasing. – less
I loved management and the residents but it needed financial security to be off the charts.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Panama City,FLNovember 25, 2013
I loved almost everything about it but it could of used more funds. I mean at times we didn't even have money for light bulbs.
Very Hard
Business Manager (Former Employee), College Park, GAJune 18, 2013
Pros: learning experience
Cons: long stressful hours
I only stayed with this company for a short time as it was very stressful and not managed well. I would be required to work late hours and that was very difficult.
Business Manager
Business Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 1, 2013
Pros: small garden style apt homes.
Cons: location
My day is typically fast paced, I learned to multitask and prioritize my work load, essentially making a productive work week.
I do my best to lead by example which primarily creates a healthy work environment amongst my team-member of co-workers.

The hardest part of my day is late mornings up until early afternoons when the traffic is high with phone calls, future residents as well as current residents and contractors.

What I enjoy the most from my job is knowing that I have made an impact on someones life, turning an upset resident into a calm and appreciative resident.
Great place to work.
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, GAApril 16, 2013
Pros: great training
Lane university is great. I lerned a lot from it. I lerned how to be a better leasing consultant and to provided a great customer services.
Leasing Consultant
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Tow, TXFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: the part i enjoyed most about the job was finding the new resident a place they could call home.
Cons: the most difficult part of the job was advising the potenial new residents of thier decline status
I was responsible for the inbound and outbound calls while providing protenial new residents with detailed information.I scheuled daily appointments for potential new residents.I also ran reports on a daily basis .I learned how to articulate a ray of reports to ensure a successful business day.
Review
sprayer (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 5, 2012
A Day was spraying the table has they go down the line.
I learn how to spray different kind of laquer
and how to sand and and clean
Management was alright
The co-worker was very nice
The most enjoyable was when we didn't have to spray every table that came down the line.
Only wish they had more properties in Orlando
Assistant Property Manager - Conventional (Former Employee), Oviedo, FLJuly 31, 2012
Lane Company gives not only their residents the 5 star treatment but also their employees. They provide awesome training and beautiful properties to manage. Management is available and kind.