CFLane Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2015
Work was a peaceful and supportive place to work. I worked with a good group of people. I really enjoyed working at the property. The resident were great for the condition that they were dealt and had to deal with.
Great work/life balance but no job security
Senior Property Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2015
If you are looking for a stable company with job security look else where. If you are looking to grow also look else where. This company has a very high turn over rate. Here today and gone tomorrow should be their motto.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
job security
Needs respect for employees with disability's.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Winchester vaOctober 16, 2015
I like cflane lots of good benefits, nice residents, like family. Nice town. Had issues with supervisor, has unreasonable expectations. Belittle people. Doesn't respect you as a person. Doesn't consider, situation. In instances that happen. Disputes. I worked there since 97. And he was there 3 months. And pushed me out of door,
Pros
Good health benefits, bonases
Cons
Strict rules, supervisor ocd
Growth and development
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 27, 2015
Insanity in the office
Lack of support
Lack of Support
Staff - needed tremendous guidance
Taking care and satisfying our clients
The residents!
fun workplace
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2015
Great company to work for and the morals of the company are great. The company has company gatherings and awards to honor people who are exceeding.
Unprofessionalism at its best!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  TXJuly 11, 2015
This was a pretty good company when I first started working here but I have witnessed swift deterioration!!!! Most of the people that I have worked with in this company have left within a year or two. When a company can't maintain employees that speaks very HIGHLY of what type of company it is. When changes are made you will not be trained on how to do things in person but told to go online and complete training on top of an already heavy workload. Furthermore, the training posted online is nothing like the programs or scenarios that you will face in reality. Regionals take absolutely no responsibility for anything but instead blame overworked and underpaid apartment managers for lack of training. Upper management does not hold lower employees at a high regard, and the "open-door" policy is non-existent since you can never get anyone to reply when you try to address concerns and issues with management or HR, and if they do respond it is in a very UNPROFESSIONAL manner. If you are looking for a position that offers personal and professional growth and you want to be respected as a employee, follow my advice and do NOT work for this company!
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
Unprofessional Upper Management, lack of training and support.
Run Away Quickly
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2015
Throughout my 16 year property management career, I had heard so many bad things about Lane. Everyone from Leasing Consultants to Vice Presidents. I didn't listen to them and went to work there as a Property Manager. Big mistake. The predominantly female upper management was typically unsupportive and down right condescending. Not an atmosphere that promotes anything towards their best assets, their employees. Do NOT work there, unless you are new to the industry, in which case you won't know what it's like to work for a good PM company.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Upper Management
Great company to work for, great training, salary and incentives.
Leasing Agent/Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2015
Really enjoyed my time working for this company, I learned a lot and was able to advance rapidly without any issues. The pay scale was right on line with your qualifications. There were quarterly sales meetings that could be very rewarding if you did your job to the best of your ability.
Pros
Bonus incentives
Cons
Can be stressful and very competitive at times
Great Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 6, 2015
As a Property Manger with Cflane I was able to get great direction to move forward with my career path.The company understood the job procedures and enforce them at all times. The hours were long at times but worth working for this company.
Pros
The team work
Cons
Was not able to stay on due to management change
Great Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GAFebruary 10, 2015
Great Company! I moved to Florida for a change in my life. At this time the company has no properties in Clearwater/Largo/ or Tampa.
Pros
great company

Want to know more about CFLane?

Ask a question
come back to the area
Property Manger (Former Employee) –  mdJanuary 31, 2015
I wish you had more properties in my area. great team I worked with that worked allot of hours for the company. They rarely was asked to come to work and did just for the team work.
Pros
job security: advancement: great team
Cons
more on hands management
I enjoyed that atmosphere I was able to create with residents and potential move-ins.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 29, 2015
I learned multiple documentation procedures
including
background checks
credit score inquiries
asset and reference verification
Tax Credit and PHA accredited procedures
Pros
over time
real estate is not as busy as it use to be
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 4, 2015
You are your own boss when your an agent
Other agents were friendly
commission only job
Told to do "A" while mangement performed "B"
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 22, 2014
The best part about working in property management was meeting the tenants. The worst part was that the tenants I met were way behind on their rent and my job was to collect money from them when they were struggling and had none. I saw and met people from all walks of life. It really opened my eyes.
Leasing Position
Leasing (Former Employee) –  Irving TxOctober 21, 2014
This is a terrible company to work for they ask you during the interview if you have kids. Really? So that means they will work their employee to death and plus that is illegal in so many ways. Do not even consider to work for such a terrible company for your own good.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Unfair and discriminatory
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  North CharlstonSeptember 27, 2014
A typical day at Barony place is there is not typical day at Barony Place. Its over whelming and under staffed and so far behind in everything there is no catching up. There is not higher up support to the staff on site and the RPM has a very erratic and unprofessional mannerism. The RPM is very retaliatory and unfair to the office staff that has been pushing and working hard and long hours to try to catch up on things that have been behind for years. I have had to get on prescribed medication since being at this property.
Cons
too many cons to list
Large growing Company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2014
You can expect ALOT of reports and a great salary. Also room for growth.
Assistant Property Manager / Compliance
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  North CharlestonJune 16, 2014
As an Assistant Property Manager for a tax credit, housing and conventional property with 309 units; it has been rewarding and for filling to learn and maintain and a relationship of Professionalism for Barony Place and Phoenix residents. Since becoming a member of Lane Management where we had 88 Red Memos; it has been my main responsibility to maintain and process all recertification and new lease yearly. Maintaining standards set by both Lane Management and the SC State Housing Authority. Performed duties as an Assistant Manager to the Property Manager to include but not limited to maintaining residents files for more that 309 resident and units, assist residents with new lease and move – ins, renewal process, and community concerns. Perform unit by unit inspection, prepare and deliver the monthly newsletter, late letters, provide a market survey, prepare and submit Quarterly Report to Compliance of for the SC State Housing Finance and Development, enter payment of rent into One Site, Mail lease renewal letters, Prepare Traffic reports, Turn on and off lights in vacates or show units, check messages, Prepare office daily for open, Enter work orders into the computer, and replace keys in key lock box if needed. Enter new move ins into One Site as well as intent to vacate notices. Provide and maintain a fiduciary relationship for and or with Lane Management.; it while performing professional administrative duties.

The hardest part of my duties would have been the compliance with state tax credit files.

The most enjoyable and rewarding part was helping people. Both residents,
  more... staff and prospects. No matter how stressful the day at the end of the day I was able to assist someone and provide customer satisfaction via leasing.  less
Pros
incentives
Cons
overload of files at times and no assistance
I loved management and the residents but it needed financial security to be off the charts.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama City,FLNovember 25, 2013
I loved almost everything about it but it could of used more funds. I mean at times we didn't even have money for light bulbs.
Very Hard
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJune 18, 2013
I only stayed with this company for a short time as it was very stressful and not managed well. I would be required to work late hours and that was very difficult.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
long stressful hours