CFLane Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed working at Lane Company (now known as CF Real Estate).
Corporate Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Lane Company (now known as CF Real Estate). As Corporate Accounting Specialist, I assisted the Controller and Assistant Controller by providing daily reporting and A/R tasks
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
short lunches
Would have been great if not for the Service Manager
Assistant Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 6, 2016
Overall, this would have been a great opportunity. The problem is the Service Manager (Lead Maintenance). He was very disrespectful, insulting, argumentative and would not listen to any suggestions on how to handle issues. He did not want to and/or know how to troubleshoot and properly fix anything. The property has a mold issue in several units. His solution was to "just cover it up". I could not and would not cover it up.

As for the property manager and office staff, very nice, respectful and pleasant to work with.
Pros
Cons
Service Manager (Lead Maintenance)
fair
PROPERTY MANAGER- CONVENTONAL/AFFORDABLE (Current Employee) –  Gwinnett StationOctober 5, 2016
I have worked for this company for almost 9 years. During this time I have seen many changes both very good and some not so positive.
The company continues to grow. I feel the bad thing is that they have lost their drive to maintain customer service and integrity for doing the right thing for the right reasons , not just being money driven.
Pros
growing, prosperous, room for advancement
Cons
loyalty and intergrity do not seem to be priorties any longer
Inconsistency with management and support.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 7, 2016
High turnover with management with this company and lack of support from HR and management. If you don't get it in writing then don't believe anything they tell you. This company only represents shadiness. Not one to complain but don't invest your time and hard work for a company like this.
Pros
Can't say there were any
Cons
Expensive health insurance, low commissions and your just a number
nice overall place to work
Maints supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2016
the work place has a nice pool and and a nice Buisness center and has a pool table and a nice gym.I am the maintenance supervisor for the property that i live on But I was a Traveler Sr Service Manager for 17 months and i enjoyed that being able to go to different property's for a few weeks at a time and then going to another property.
Pros
enjoy working with the management team here
Cons
hard to find help so far out of Atlanta
I have some new lifelong friends
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TX 75234July 28, 2016
I worked there for over a year and a half, As always there were a couple of situations but overall we had good support from upper management along with a good sense of teamwork. I left because another company with better pay and an overall better opportunity for advancement.
Pros
tight nit group always working to help each other out.
Lots of company politics and favoritism
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 18, 2016
I managed an affordable housing community in Birmingham for a very short period of time with this company. The property has gone through multiple managers over the course of less than a year. No leasing and renewal bonuses. No training from upper management. The regional and the director were very elusive and petty. The crooked maintenance supervisor had favor with the director and the regional maintenance supervisor who refused to terminate the maintenance supervisor for stealing time and doing kickbacks. After me they rehired a manager who had been investigated for drug use on the job. Needless to say that manager quit very shortly afterwards. CF Lane is now searching for a leasing agent and assistant manager. A whole new team. Never report anything to HR because the Director of operations will cover up stuff and HR will help throw you under the bus. Your success is based on whether or not you have favor with upper management.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Good Company
Leasing Consultant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAOctober 26, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company the management was great the company always had growth and a way to keep employees happy and had good health insurance
Great Company
Regional Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2016
I love working for CFLane. We have 4 communities in Memphis that are for sale . I want to keep my options open in case new Buyers don't retain management
Pros
Great Company
Former Employee
Lease Consultant (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LAMay 20, 2016
CF Lane is a good benefit, but the Manager that they put in charge are horrible, I have witness and reported to upper management on how they treat there residents, they are racial, and very unprofessional and upper manager does not do anything. The Manager/the others that are in place to run the business, they is so confidence that they won't ever get caught for the wrong that they do, manager sit around and talk all of the employees with each other. And a lot of the resident can't report anything because they don't have to corporate off. If upper management would find sometimes out and and select five resident that has been living there for a while and just ask about there office staff, and watch the results.I would not let my dog work or stay there, and they have some great looking apartment. Please do not be deceive! HORRIBLE
Benefits
Cons
Managers can discriminate against anyone they wants to.
Great!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2016
Cflane knows how to treat their employees. Best of all to take care and appreciate them. They pay for bonus and commissions and renewals. Their regional at that time was so nice and extremely helpful and caring towards her employees.
Worst place to work high turnover
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 9, 2016
Worst place to work super unorganized, high turn over, no structure, low commission, too much work and less pay. Managers don't help you at all.
Not organized
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIMarch 16, 2016
The pay was hourly plus commission, which was good. But training was unorganized and delayed, I had to wait almost 45 days before I was given computer access to any of the programs required to complete any assigned work.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Accepted position based on accounts payable position once properties seperated, but once they were the position was eliminated.
Must be able to deal with public.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 28, 2016
It is an ok place to work. However, it is a large older complex that does require a lot of upkeep. Must work on call hours that sometime can be long and costly.
Primary job is to turn apartments for new residence. There is a lot of turn around of residents.
great place to learn a new skill
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 11, 2016
If upper management could see the actual inner workings of this job they would have a whole new respect for my position. property manager shuts eyes to many pest problems, and shows favoitism, among staff and residents.
Pros
nobody over my back watching every move.
Cons
favoritism
Mismanagement
Property Manger (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 25, 2016
Those I've dealt with are extremely rude and not willing to help. It takes days to receive a response and then you get blamed for that task not getting completed when you had to wait for approval that never came.
Needs respect for employees with disability's.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Winchester vaOctober 16, 2015
I like cflane lots of good benefits, nice residents, like family. Nice town. Had issues with supervisor, has unreasonable expectations. Belittle people. Doesn't respect you as a person. Doesn't consider, situation. In instances that happen. Disputes. I worked there since 97. And he was there 3 months. And pushed me out of door,
Pros
Good health benefits, bonases
Cons
Strict rules, supervisor ocd
Good Company to work for
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2015
Work was a peaceful and supportive place to work. I worked with a good group of people. I really enjoyed working at the property. The resident were great for the condition that they were dealt and had to deal with.
Run Away Quickly
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2015
Throughout my 16 year property management career, I had heard so many bad things about Lane. Everyone from Leasing Consultants to Vice Presidents. I didn't listen to them and went to work there as a Property Manager. Big mistake. The predominantly female upper management was typically unsupportive and down right condescending. Not an atmosphere that promotes anything towards their best assets, their employees. Do NOT work there, unless you are new to the industry, in which case you won't know what it's like to work for a good PM company.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Upper Management
Great work/life balance but no job security
Senior Property Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2015
If you are looking for a stable company with job security look else where. If you are looking to grow also look else where. This company has a very high turn over rate. Here today and gone tomorrow should be their motto.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CFLane. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7