CFLane Employee Reviews

awesome managment and staff
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 29, 2017
work work work - get paid
manager was very knowledgeable very concerned for residents and employees. Always teaching and improving made you feel good about coming to work
Pros
all employees at property
Decline to answer
EXECUTIVE MANAGER/REGIONAL EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2017
There is evidence of favoritism and unfair practices of hiring and terminations. Overall not too back of a company to work for. Just know that you can be there one day and out the next for something very minor, vs someone who should be terminated, but they are still there.
A large company out of atlanta
Maintenance Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2017
Most of there property's were section 8 and low income property's With lots of crime, My golf cart was stolen,2 laundry rooms burned down,my shop was burned down
Pros
Free Housing
Cons
The level of the property
Great company to work!
Assistant Manager/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 11, 2017
CFLane Management is a great company to work for! The only reason I left because I relocated to another city where CFLane Management had no communities.
I really enjoyed working at Lane Company (now known as CF Real Estate).
Corporate Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Lane Company (now known as CF Real Estate). As Corporate Accounting Specialist, I assisted the Controller and Assistant Controller by providing daily reporting and A/R tasks
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
short lunches
Good Company
Leasing Consultant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAOctober 26, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company the management was great the company always had growth and a way to keep employees happy and had good health insurance
Would have been great if not for the Service Manager
Assistant Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 6, 2016
Overall, this would have been a great opportunity. The problem is the Service Manager (Lead Maintenance). He was very disrespectful, insulting, argumentative and would not listen to any suggestions on how to handle issues. He did not want to and/or know how to troubleshoot and properly fix anything. The property has a mold issue in several units. His solution was to "just cover it up". I could not and would not cover it up.

As for the property manager and office staff, very nice, respectful and pleasant to work with.
Pros
Cons
Service Manager (Lead Maintenance)
fair
PROPERTY MANAGER- CONVENTONAL/AFFORDABLE (Current Employee) –  Gwinnett StationOctober 5, 2016
I have worked for this company for almost 9 years. During this time I have seen many changes both very good and some not so positive.
The company continues to grow. I feel the bad thing is that they have lost their drive to maintain customer service and integrity for doing the right thing for the right reasons , not just being money driven.
Pros
growing, prosperous, room for advancement
Cons
loyalty and intergrity do not seem to be priorties any longer
Lots of company politics and favoritism
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 18, 2016
I managed an affordable housing community in Birmingham for a very short period of time with this company. The property has gone through multiple managers over the course of less than a year. No leasing and renewal bonuses. No training from upper management. The regional and the director were very elusive and petty. The crooked maintenance supervisor had favor with the director and the regional maintenance supervisor who refused to terminate the maintenance supervisor for stealing time and doing kickbacks. After me they rehired a manager who had been investigated for drug use on the job. Needless to say that manager quit very shortly afterwards. CF Lane is now searching for a leasing agent and assistant manager. A whole new team. Never report anything to HR because the Director of operations will cover up stuff and HR will help throw you under the bus. Your success is based on whether or not you have favor with upper management.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Great Company
Regional Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2016
I love working for CFLane. We have 4 communities in Memphis that are for sale . I want to keep my options open in case new Buyers don't retain management
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Inconsistency with management and support.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 7, 2016
High turnover with management with this company and lack of support from HR and management. If you don't get it in writing then don't believe anything they tell you. This company only represents shadiness. Not one to complain but don't invest your time and hard work for a company like this.
Pros
Can't say there were any
Cons
Expensive health insurance, low commissions and your just a number
Worst place to work high turnover
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 9, 2016
Worst place to work super unorganized, high turn over, no structure, low commission, too much work and less pay. Managers don't help you at all.
Pros
I have some new lifelong friends
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TX 75234July 28, 2016
I worked there for over a year and a half, As always there were a couple of situations but overall we had good support from upper management along with a good sense of teamwork. I left because another company with better pay and an overall better opportunity for advancement.
Pros
tight nit group always working to help each other out.
nice overall place to work
Maints supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2016
the work place has a nice pool and and a nice Buisness center and has a pool table and a nice gym.I am the maintenance supervisor for the property that i live on But I was a Traveler Sr Service Manager for 17 months and i enjoyed that being able to go to different property's for a few weeks at a time and then going to another property.
Pros
enjoy working with the management team here
Cons
hard to find help so far out of Atlanta
Great!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2016
Cflane knows how to treat their employees. Best of all to take care and appreciate them. They pay for bonus and commissions and renewals. Their regional at that time was so nice and extremely helpful and caring towards her employees.
Former Employee
Lease Consultant (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, LAMay 20, 2016
CF Lane is a good benefit, but the Manager that they put in charge are horrible, I have witness and reported to upper management on how they treat there residents, they are racial, and very unprofessional and upper manager does not do anything. The Manager/the others that are in place to run the business, they is so confidence that they won't ever get caught for the wrong that they do, manager sit around and talk all of the employees with each other. And a lot of the resident can't report anything because they don't have to corporate off. If upper management would find sometimes out and and select five resident that has been living there for a while and just ask about there office staff, and watch the results.I would not let my dog work or stay there, and they have some great looking apartment. Please do not be deceive! HORRIBLE
Benefits
Cons
Managers can discriminate against anyone they wants to.
Mismanagement
Property Manger (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 25, 2016
Those I've dealt with are extremely rude and not willing to help. It takes days to receive a response and then you get blamed for that task not getting completed when you had to wait for approval that never came.
Must be able to deal with public.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 28, 2016
It is an ok place to work. However, it is a large older complex that does require a lot of upkeep. Must work on call hours that sometime can be long and costly.
Primary job is to turn apartments for new residence. There is a lot of turn around of residents.
Not organized
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIMarch 16, 2016
The pay was hourly plus commission, which was good. But training was unorganized and delayed, I had to wait almost 45 days before I was given computer access to any of the programs required to complete any assigned work.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Accepted position based on accounts payable position once properties seperated, but once they were the position was eliminated.
great place to learn a new skill
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 11, 2016
If upper management could see the actual inner workings of this job they would have a whole new respect for my position. property manager shuts eyes to many pest problems, and shows favoitism, among staff and residents.
Pros
nobody over my back watching every move.
Cons
favoritism