CGGVeritas Employee Reviews

Imaging Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2017
wonderful work environment
team spirit
great technical support
tracing timeline for each project is very crucial
client oriented focus
Great adventures, amazing people
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  CanadaSeptember 30, 2016
Absolutely love and miss CGG Veritas here in Canada. Worked all over Canada including the Arctic circle. Best seismic company out there for culture, work ethic, and human resource screening to ensure top notch professionals/people.
Pros
Friendships you make will last a life time
Cons
They are no longer in Canada
Great atmosphere, not greatest pay
Geophysicist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2016
Great and friendly atmosphere, and fantastic technical work. Will process work permits faster and more easily than other companies. Not the best pay out there, work average 60-80 hours a week
Pros
Great atmosphere and fantastic technical work. Will process work permits faster and more easily
Cons
Not the best pay, work average 60-80 hours a week
Big Company with Big Potential
LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR / SOURCE VESSEL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2015
CGG / CGGVeritas was a big company with a big potential. Unfortunately for them, they are in an extremely volatile market, and are no longer such a big company.
I enjoyed my time at CGG; I, along with many others, feel that the merging of CGG and Veritas was a bad thing for Veritas. The French management acted as though money was no object, while pushing the rest of the company to squeeze every penny.
At Veritas, I was a name. At CGG, I was a number, at the bottom of a long, long list.
Pros
Good money and benefits, cafeteria on site, good HSE culture
Cons
Constantly on-call, treated as a number, too many chiefs, not enough Indians.
nice company fun to work for
seismic imager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Fun place to work for.

I would highly recommend working here. ppl are fun working with
they have nice year around activities. I would love to go back and work anytime.
Great place to work love the travel, pay, benefits. There was never a person there from upper to lower management who wasn't always willing to help.
Field Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2013
CGGVeritas is a great company to work for.I would say other than the US Marine Corps the best employer I ever had. I was a Field Administrator my pay, benefits, were super. I travelled a lot as CGG is an oil and gas exploration company and loved it. I had an opportunity to meet people and go places I would never have gone had it not been for CGG. As a Field Administrator I was offered special benefits as I held a fairly high position on the project team. I received per diem, my own hotel room, truck pay for my personal vehicle. The job had it's stressors but, if asked to do it all again I surely would. The peaceful nights on the North Slope of Alaska were my fondest memories. I give them a 5 in all areas. Great outfit.
use you and lose you
Trouble shooter/ Harvester/ Driver/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2013
I loved the job, got to hike around the mountains and lay out seismic equipment. I promoted through the system rather fast and within a few months and was training my four man crew to troubleshoot the equipment. This company moved to another state with a different job site and layed off all their employees that didn't have a CDL.
Pros
lots of office space, outside wok, co-workers, decent pay and benefits, recognition
Cons
employees are highly exspendable
Excellent workplace and nice people
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2013
I assisted Accounts Payable Group in Daily Cash Journal Entries through Oracle System. I also did bank reconciliation for each month, including cash account, check account and foreign currency account applying advanced Excel skills. In addition, I collected and managed payment register and checks cleared bank data using MS Excel. I assisted Accounts Payable Group in filing invoices, payment reports and journals. My supervisor and co-workers are very nice and helpful. I really enjoy in working here.
5 weeks of work on a boat followed by 5 weeks of vacation
Offshore data processing shift leader (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 19, 2012
Pros: Lots of vacation, salary, field and office work at the same time, travelling
Cons: Isolated on boat for extended periods of time. In the end the amount of work is equivalent to a regular job. Travelling.
Fast Paced Buying Environment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Houston TexasApril 25, 2012
The Typical day is a fast paced non stop environment. CGGVeritas has many oppurtunities to obtain various types of knowledge. Management could be be more knowledgeable about the scope of their subordinates job duties. The hardest part of the Job is not getting compensated for the value of the position. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
salary could be better
CGGVeritas is a great company to work for!
Training Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2012
My day at work is really not stressful. The people here are mostly nice. There are a few issues of course with different departments;as with any company; but overall we have great benefits and good employee activities!
Pros
lunches are great here!
Cons
some hr staff