CGS Employee Reviews

Works around my schedule but little opportunity for advancement
Technical Support (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, cake every month, gym
Cons: no raise, little opportunity to advance
A typical day for me is answering calls from customers who need technical support for their Lenovo computers. However, we only provide support for customers who are still under warranty.

I have learned how to deal with customers in a pleasant tone, and not allow my emotions to be heard over the phone.

I have some pretty amazing co-workers. They all have their own personalities that makes coming to work a little bit more fun.

The hardest part of the job is working the graveyard shift 6:30pm-3:00am; but the most enjoyable part of the job is working in a comfortable and safe environment.
Very fun and professional setting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 3, 2015
Each day at work I may average 100-150 inbound calls per day. Each call may be different but always tried to end each call with the same outcome: a happy customer.
Technical enviroment
Team Lead (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2014
I start the day by reviewing the hours before my shift. I review issues that may have come up or changes. I no longer interact with management only through email due to my shift. The hardest part of the job is the scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job is the agents. The agents are very positive and easy going.
Its an ok work place at times
Lead Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2014
typical work day is an ok enviroment when upper management isn't breathing down your neck like they do at times, I did happen to learn more troubleshooting techniques while I was there, management is set up to micromanage...enough said, the co-workers probably the best thing about the job, dealing with way management micro manages is the hardest thing, the most enjoyable thing about the job is when I would train someone and they succeed and also if I was able to solve a customers issue from over the phone
Very Productive and Innovative Company to work For
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free coffee and fruits to encourage healthy living
Cons: none that i can think of
CGS is Managed Services Provider that provide managed services for small business throughout the USA and even in some overseas countries but primarily within the USA
A typical day at work involves File and Print Cluster issues, thin client issues and snapshot issues with VMWare..
Management was very approachable and was always willing to provide guidance throughout the day.
Co-workers were smart and worked well together as a team.
The hardest part of the job was getting clients to conform to industry recommended practices.
My most enjoyable aspect of the job was learning new technologies every day
starter company
User Support Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great company to learn and know the business
Cons: everyone will always make the same amount weather one is more skilled than another
its a good company to work for if you are needing your foot in the door and learning the trade.
Handsets
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2014
it was a gray job with a lot of benefits an incentives. great people as well
Productive Traveling Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAJune 22, 2014
Pros: adventurous, always on the go
Cons: all day/night job
The vibe at work was a very relaxing one but got intense at times. It's an on the road type job where I had to do computer work and paper work. It consisted of me writing and typing destinations, arrival times, and other information. I also handled the phone calls to dispatchers to get information on what kind of trailer we needed, the time it came in, where it needed to be taken, and the rail yard it was transported to. The intense part was when I had to get in and out of the truck to hook up the trailers. I got along fine with my supervisor and loved that it was a traveling job because I got to see new sceneries.
Not a fun pace to work for
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2014
Pros: free cake
Cons: no advancement, no motivation, moral down
Clock in on phone and clock out of phone.
Answer phones
Troubleshoot computer problems
Dispatch repair technicians
Did not enjoy working at this place
No way to improve yourself
Overwhelmed with two much work and not enough experianced staff
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee), Springfield, ILApril 27, 2014
I supervise 8 other auditors. My staff complete audits of Medicare cost reports and I review their work.
it has been very knowledgable and is a nice place to work
Appeals Specialist and Qic Assistant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 18, 2014
Pros: i have retained a lot of knowledge about medicare
Cons: the computer system
I work on Medicare cases putting then together for the 2nd step of appeals, I have learned many different programs working for cgs. I have has the opportunity to have very good managers, and the hardest part of my job is making sure that all cases are complete. I love my job because it makes me feel like I make a difference.
Productive and easy work enviornment
Records Clerk (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 2, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: short breaks
Typical day is opening mail and process for it to be scan into process computer program call Onbase or Teleform.

Things I've learn about this job is healthcare in all areas. Now I understand the steps of how the healthcare field on how they process and handle their patients.

My co-worker is team player everyday on the go ready to knock another day.

The most enjoyable part of the job knowing by the end of the day you have meet the metric of your job to help my company to be successful/
Very unorganized job.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: pay and benefits
It seems like you were walking on egg shells around that place. They always stated that they had an open door policy but that was never true. Higher Management only looked out for higher management not the hard working employees that made the company.
Stop gap
ICS - SENIOR MESSAGING ARCHITECT (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2014
Struggling consulting firm trying to stay afloat. They only employed 2 full time employees and used contractors to fill the projects they won.
Nice relaxed office call center
Technical Support Rep (Current Employee), Edison, NJDecember 5, 2013
For a call center it is pretty relaxed and not stressful to work here. There is a lot of knowledgeable associates there and everyone is very helpful.
CGS is great because the people really care about their students.
Consultant/Trainer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 29, 2013
CGS has ensured that 98% of the students have become employed. There are so many success stories, lives changed, and careers built with CGS Medical Billing & Coding.
Productive work environment
MSP Claims Processor I / QIC Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 1, 2013
Pros: cafe on site for employees, open door policy for employees
Cons: parking was not friendly, room for growth with company is hard, pay is not substaintal for the job
In a typical workday I would come in and check my e-mail to get workload instructions on job duties for that day. I learned to adapt to change everyday was different. Immediate management was very helpful in making sure that everyone received work and had enough of it. I enjoyed working with my co-workers they were very helpful and we all worked well as a team. The hardest part of the job was making sure that we had enough work however, the most enjoyable and fun part was knowing that we as a team would meet our goal daily.
Good Working environment
Process/Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 19, 2013
Pros: flex time
Cons: must be able to multitask and learn on the fly
Must have strong organizational skills and with minimal supervision
cgs review
aol tech support (Current Employee), tampa, flJune 6, 2013
Pros: benefits, health insurance, new positions, flexible schedules
Cons: better pay
Good company. You will learn good troubleshooting skills and software related skills. Decent benefits if you stick around as well as pto. Needs better pay.
Great career opportunity
Windows Systems Administration/Support Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 14, 2013
Trouble shooting and working with customers to help them solve their issues with pc based questions.