CGS Employee Reviews in United States

Computer Generated Solutions
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 24, 2016
CGS Is a good company to work for when starting out in the IT field the management is very nice and willing to work with you if you have family issues or need a change in your schedule or need a day off. I would recommend anyone wanting to get a start in the IT field to start at CGS.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
No pay raises
Great for starters, but keep an eye out for better opportunities.
Tier 1 Tech Support (Current Employee) –  AtlantaAugust 13, 2015
The department I work for is one is the more pleasant positions to work for, due to the professional people you talk to. Upper management isn't too concerned with your day to day lives and will insist that you come to work on icy winter days. But lower management is more down to earth and lenient when it comes to the rules.

Often time you will find that work piles up for the sole reason that there are not enough people being scheduled to work, especially on the weekends, but they sometimes compensate by offering overtime.

If it weren't for the fact that I'm only making 23K with no possibility of pay raises, I'd love working here indefinitely.
Pros
Laid back night shift, and pleasant co-workers
Cons
no pay raises, and some spikes in work volume
CGS is a good place to learn a variety of skills in one set job however there seems to be a lot of lack of communication between departments.
Claims Processor II (Former Employee) –  Tennessee, VWFebruary 6, 2016
CGS is a good place to seek career developing skills. I typically process Medicare emc claims ,handle nurse review work and set up adjustments on claims sent from different areas. I report any issues that may need nurse corrections and processing errors. I maintain a time keeping sheet daily in Deltek.
Pros
Good profit sharing among employees, flexible working hours, paid vacation
Cons
lack of communication, some bad attitudes, inconsistant information sharing
The dungeon
Help desk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2016
Great place to learn and get experience. Very unprofessional employees when I was there. Could be a great place to work. It might be different for you. A lot of duplicity, ex-convicts and unprofessional management. Hardest part of job was working with the employee's. The most enjoyable part was clocking out sorry to say...
Pros
Cafeteria, Location, gym
Cons
Staff, Management, High call volume, little pay
Cgs
Veteran's Choice Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 2, 2016
Great place to work, and start a career. Good place to learn about how to fit in to a business. Good hours no weekends. Lots of interaction with customers on a day to day basis.
great place to gain experience but not stay
Tech Support Representative/ Nerp Agent (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMay 5, 2016
No room for growth, but it does help you gain the experience you need to move forward in the career field. It help me learn about a side of support I didn't know about before.
Works around my schedule but little opportunity for advancement
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2015
A typical day for me is answering calls from customers who need technical support for their Lenovo computers. However, we only provide support for customers who are still under warranty.

I have learned how to deal with customers in a pleasant tone, and not allow my emotions to be heard over the phone.

I have some pretty amazing co-workers. They all have their own personalities that makes coming to work a little bit more fun.

The hardest part of the job is working the graveyard shift 6:30pm-3:00am; but the most enjoyable part of the job is working in a comfortable and safe environment.
Pros
Healthcare, cake every month, gym
Cons
no raise, little opportunity to advance
Really an old fashioned sweat shop
employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2015
Not a fun place........some ok mangement but the owner / CEO is a difficult person to work with I would say...STAY AWAY

Thats all I've got
Pros
big company with several client offerings
Cons
founder and owner is not a pleasant person and likes to humiliate people
The People are great!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2016
The employees are great! I haven't worked there in about eight months. They work hard and deserve a raise for their efforts of maintaining that business.
Sprint Wireless Department is too loud and unprofessional
Order Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 23, 2016
Some of the employees are ok as well as the team managers, but the company really needs to eliminate the drama and foolishness on the jobsite
Good working place with nice environment.
Technical Support Rep. IBM contract (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2016
It was a very good working experience. open office. sat on a booth started taking tech support calls. fun stuffs. left the company a year age. dont know what to say.
Pros
work in group, flex schedule.
Cons
not sure.
Ok
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2015
Was there for just a little while so I can't really review. Not sure if they are still in operation. Did a variety of application development jobs there.
Very Productive and Innovative Company to work For
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2014
CGS is Managed Services Provider that provide managed services for small business throughout the USA and even in some overseas countries but primarily within the USA
A typical day at work involves File and Print Cluster issues, thin client issues and snapshot issues with VMWare..
Management was very approachable and was always willing to provide guidance throughout the day.
Co-workers were smart and worked well together as a team.
The hardest part of the job was getting clients to conform to industry recommended practices.
My most enjoyable aspect of the job was learning new technologies every day
Pros
free coffee and fruits to encourage healthy living
Cons
none that i can think of
Productive work environment
MSP Claims Processor I / QIC Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 1, 2013
In a typical workday I would come in and check my e-mail to get workload instructions on job duties for that day. I learned to adapt to change everyday was different. Immediate management was very helpful in making sure that everyone received work and had enough of it. I enjoyed working with my co-workers they were very helpful and we all worked well as a team. The hardest part of the job was making sure that we had enough work however, the most enjoyable and fun part was knowing that we as a team would meet our goal daily.
Pros
cafe on site for employees, open door policy for employees
Cons
parking was not friendly, room for growth with company is hard, pay is not substaintal for the job
Very unorganized job.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2014
It seems like you were walking on egg shells around that place. They always stated that they had an open door policy but that was never true. Higher Management only looked out for higher management not the hard working employees that made the company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay and benefits
Its an ok work place at times
Lead Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2014
typical work day is an ok enviroment when upper management isn't breathing down your neck like they do at times, I did happen to learn more troubleshooting techniques while I was there, management is set up to micromanage...enough said, the co-workers probably the best thing about the job, dealing with way management micro manages is the hardest thing, the most enjoyable thing about the job is when I would train someone and they succeed and also if I was able to solve a customers issue from over the phone
Technical enviroment
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2014
I start the day by reviewing the hours before my shift. I review issues that may have come up or changes. I no longer interact with management only through email due to my shift. The hardest part of the job is the scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job is the agents. The agents are very positive and easy going.
AOL Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2013
CGS has many contracts such as Sprint, AOL, Cusinart, and Dell leverage. You have the option of transferring to any of the other queues either at your current level or into a management position. The only thing that got me was the point system for days missed since I had to miss a few days due to fiance having back surgery and I needed to take care of her.
fast paced company
Tier 1 universal Tech support (Former Employee) –  atlanta,gaApril 26, 2015
I didnt like working there because I was being under paid company really doesnt care about the customers all they care about time limit on each call or remote in sessions.
Pros
every now and then have lunchoen days.
Cons
underpaid for what they had me doing.
Not a fun pace to work for
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2014
Clock in on phone and clock out of phone.
Answer phones
Troubleshoot computer problems
Dispatch repair technicians
Did not enjoy working at this place
No way to improve yourself
Pros
free cake
Cons
no advancement, no motivation, moral down