CH2M HILL

CH2M HILL Employer Reviews

Great Company but beware of which project you accept assignment too
Design Technician 4 (Current Employee), NMJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: very easy to end up in a dead end position
Great benefits and great pay but depending on which project you are assigned will effect if you receive annual raises, have good management or if you will ever make it out of your current job title.
Challenges Abound
Senior Benefits Professional (Current Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 17, 2015
CH2M HILL was once a small company that grew into a large one very quickly. Challenges are around every corner, as is customary with such significant growth, for those who are dedicated to the job.
Excellent Company - CH2M Hill
Remote Consultant, Tool Install Administration (Former Employee), Malta, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: people
CH2M Hill is rated as a top ethical company. I can tell you that this is very true and they have a most excellent culture to work in. I loved my time at CH2M Hill and would return in a second. I learned about keeping steadfast to contract and project timelines. I understand that the client must be at ease with your practices and methodology.
Try to treat people well, but difficult to advance.
Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 14, 2015
CH2M HILL has had a rough fiscal stretch, with a Reduction in Force. Even before, it has always been difficult to move up internally. That said, they do try to treat their people well, especially veterans.
Good People
Program Manager (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: arrogance
Business Culture morphing. Executive Leadership Denver Centric.
Comfortable place to work with competitive wage and benefits.
Project accountant (Former Employee), Corvallis, OregonJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: indoors, climate controlled, accessible facilities, frequent food at meetings
Cons: most workers are distant from decision making and can do little to influence those decisions, i no longer work there.
My most recent place of employment was an excellent place to work. The wages were comparatively high for my area and the work environment was pleasant. As an accounting person, the work could have been at any large firm and would not have been significantly different. In the office I heard of the project work that I was supporting and found much of it very interesting. That connected me to the larger goals of the firm.
My co-workers were a treat with which to work. They were polite, professional, level, community involved and frequently quite funny. The supervisors were knowledgeable and accessible. Because of the size of the company, the supervisors with which I dealt did not have much influence over the direction of the company or policies they were asked to implement.
The hardest part of my most recent role at was finding and compiling the backup for large projects timely and without error. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a non-accounting coworker to navigate the accounting systems to achieve their goals, whether it being processing an invoice, determining the validity of a charge on their project, or filling out an expense sheet.
Was OK
Instrumentation and Controls Designer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: flexibility with scheduling, very nice people!
Cons: lack of variety
At CH2M Hill my average day consisted of looking over documents, editing programming, coordinating with the team, and doing work in programs such as AutoCAD. Periodically my job would include meetings, going out to the site to verify existing conditions, and resolving construction issues. I learned a great deal about contracting and government work. I think the most enjoyable thing from my work was going home with a smile on my face knowing I had accomplished a lot that day. The most difficult thing about it was facing down almost 10,000 drawings and other contract documents that needed to be worked on and figuring out how to efficiently handle that work load. Management, colleagues and job culture were all quite enjoyable.
Decent company to work for
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee), Hoboken NJDecember 28, 2014
Decent company, not so good with the compensation and benefits.
A Company Based on sound Ethics and Employee Interests
Senior Unexploded Ordnance Supervisor/UXOQC/UXOSO (Former Employee), Englewood, CODecember 21, 2014
Pros: employee owned, benefits, camaraderie
Cons: government contracting
CH2M HILL was founded by three college students based on a class project and those principles which this company was founded are carried on today by a book written by its founders in the mid-1940's which hold true today. A great place to work and lots of fun.
Worst Place Ever
EHS Field Specialist (Former Employee), Point ThomsonDecember 17, 2014
Pros: rotational shift.
Cons: management is the worst i've experienced. they couldn't get payroll right.
This company was by far the worst place I worked. The on-boarding was chaotic and not well planned. Management was either not around or when they were, they treated people arrogantly and with such disrespect. The company continually screwed up on the payroll. One time I didn't even receive a pay check and had to get this issue resolved at a later date. I had to continually give them emails from my sent files to prove I submitted my timecards. By Senior Management's own admission, they were running out of places to put poor middle management. They had to keep moving middle management from project to project because of complaints. Lots of employees wanted to leave or were looking for other jobs. I was surprised at how, overall, poorly managed this company was especially since I had known a CH2MHill worker for many, many years. The President actually released a video to all the staff globally that they were loosing money in most all there projects - not surprising after what I went through. Had I known all this, I would have never accepted the position. Terrible experience.
Very professional work environment with good people
Electrical Engineering Internship (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 16, 2014
Learned a lot about the consultant/design work for engineering through designing electrical systems for data centers.
High level projects all around
Senior Environmental Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2014
High level projects all around. Helps if you are a self starter that doesn't need much guidance.
Excellent work/life balance
Project Automation Leader (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: excellent work/life balance
A great company, great co-workers and excellent choice if you're looking for a flexible work schedule.
Great Company
Structural Designer (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 27, 2014
Great company to work for. Great insurance, 401k package, and a very laid back atmosphere with generous PTO advancement.
One of the best place to work.
Document Publisher (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLNovember 20, 2014
Almost 25 years of dedicated service to the company. Have the willingness to go the extra mile to do quality work and finding a way, whatever it takes, to get the job done, and done right. I have been regarded as a “go to” document processor by many and has been a resource of knowledge to my peers. I was also considered as very efficient, very helpful, very knowledgeable and very fast. I'm a team player. I developed strong working friendships among co-workers and abroad. It was a blast working with a group of talented people all over the world. The most enjoyable part of my job were the challenges.
Satisfactory
Athletic Supply Clerk II (Former Employee), Air Force Academy, CONovember 20, 2014
Pros: fun work environment. good benefits
Cons: no job security
It was fun to work with the cadets and coaches at USAFA but it was for a contract period with no guarantee of keeping the job when contract went to another contractor. Consequently I was terminated when new contractor Aleut took over as of end of Oct. 2014
Good place if you're a manager....
Mechanical Engineer I (Current Employee), USANovember 17, 2014
It's a good company for someone farther along in their career. Not the best company for recent graduates.
Exciting and amazing. Grand size of facility.
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Mesa, AZNovember 12, 2014
Pros: valued employee, exciting work. grand scale training and resposibilities
Cons: contract canceled prematurly
CH2MHILL was contracted by GT Advance Technologies and Apple.
GT Advance Technologies filed for Chapter 11. Contract with CH2MHILL was canceled and our positions terminated
Typical day at work was monitoring water cooling systems used for process cooling and comfort air. Monitoring chiller status operations.
Perform water quality testing. Monitor and perform maintenance on 125 hp water pumps. Monitor and troubleshoot ABB vfd driven systems.
Had a great working relationship with my work associates and experienced an excellent working and communication relationship with my supervisor and management.
The hardest part of the job was working 12 hour nights, 3 and 4 days weekly.
Learned about large scale water cooling systems used in process cooling and comfort air. Large scale chiller systems. RO / DI water processing. Heat exchangers Water testing. VFD drives. CMM training
CDC warehouse very productive
shipping and recieving (Former Employee), San Jose, caNovember 8, 2014
Pros: cdc warehouse workers very hard working
Cons: management does nothing and takes all credit
receive orders,pull orders,ship orders, then finish up day with inventory
Think hard before you accept a position with this company!!!
Project Control Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 2, 2014
Cons: anything you can think of.
Horrible place to work. Their description of management is bullying and imitation.

1 2 3 4 5

About CH2M HILL

Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects – Read more