CH2M

CH2M Employee Reviews

Best company by far!
Agent trainer/documentation lead (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 14, 2015
Pros: Doing what's Right when no one is looking.
Cons: Became a work from home job.
A truly amazing company! We had engineers woven into the very fabric of the municipalities core groups teaching them... working along side them. Then my department had our "fingers on the pulse" of the community, assisting them in every way. Its was a neat combination and I'm proud of that work.
Great place to work just not the place for me.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Golden, COMay 5, 2015
Pros: I enjoy my job.
Cons: Running out of advancement possibilities.
I enjoyed going to work every day. I enjoy working in construction. I have been in construction for over 10 years and have focused my life around it. The people I worked with were fun up beat and always easy to talk to. There had been opportunities at times for me to advance but my issue was where I felt I was at. I felt that I put myself in a situation where I couldn't leave or advance. We just recently sat down on performance reviews and talked about my advancement in the company. It was told to me that what I was trying to achieve was not where I am at now. I work every day to my fullest. I currently am a storm water technician. We manage and clean all storm drains around the plant. I clean and document storm drains around the facility. I manage over 197 drains in a year and maintain 8 BMP’s on site. It keeps me busy with also ordering and documenting information on a daily basis. I must say that on a daily basis my hardest part of my job is wondering what more could I have done. I work hard all the time. I have a great attitude and love what I do to the best that I can. The positive side to my job is that I do whatever is asked of me. I will try and get as much information and find a solution. I don’t mind getting my hands dirty. I feel there is always a solution to every problem. In the past 5 years I have worked in industry maintenance. I have learned to get along and communicate with clients I have also worked on bettering my knowledge. Any opportunity that came up for me to learn I took it. I took vibration analyzer 1, thermograph, Trimble, and laser alignment. I jump right in and learn.
good place to work
Water Treatment Plant Operator Trainee (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAApril 27, 2015
Is a good company and very career oriented. CH2M HILL is a great place to work. The employees are hard-working - great people to work with. I am very grateful for the time I worked there.
ENJOY WORKING FOR THE COMPANY
Leadsman (Former Employee), CANADAApril 5, 2015
ENJOY WORKING WITH MY CO-WORKERS
THERE IS ALWAYS NEW JOBS THAT I ENJOY
MANAGEMENT IS VERY GOOD WORKING TOGETHER HAND IN HAND.
not all its made up to be
Procurement (Former Employee), Englewood, COMarch 30, 2015
Company tries to act like they are good company - worst benefits, management is selfish and unapproachable. Worst handled layoffs - very unprofessional and cold-hearted.
Not the worst place to work
Data Entry Lead (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 25, 2015
I worked in a contracted call center, and the only thing that was awful was the management. They were horrible power hungry people who sat around as everyone else did everything for them. The majority of people were brought through a staffing agency and were treated terribly until hired on where they got treated even worse. They constantly acted like you owed them something since they let you stick around. The job was great, easy to do, and fairly flexible, but the people were not easy to work with.
Work Control - handled records from starting part to archive
Work Control / Senior Clerk Specialist (Former Employee), Richland, WAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: new management - new concepts and ideas
Cons: new concepts can change how business is run, but the end result is always the same.
I worked in a document-control division - specifically "Work Control" where we handled the work records for the plant.
We learned to adapt quickly to new management, co-workers and constant changes in work scope and priorities.
The work load was always interesting and challenging.
New management always bring about change with their concepts of doing business differently than the previous management.
Very good craftmans, lower management good.
Fabrication Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Prudhoe Bay, AKMarch 14, 2015
Pros: excellent craft people to work with.
Cons: upper managment has a "i don't care about your ideas or opinions" attitude.
Over all a good experience, learned a lot over the years.
Craftmans hard working, easy to get along with, as was lower managment.
Upper managment out of touch, little support. Tended to focus on the bad, not much for positive feedback.
Great staff to work with
Project Assistant IV (Former Employee), Edwards AFB, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: healthcare costs on the rise
Enjoyed working with staff and assisting others. My job consisted of assisting 4 managers and 40 staff members. When I started we had a staff of 150. I very much enjoyed assisting the staff with questions and concerns.
Is good company.
Drafting Technician (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAFebruary 27, 2015
Is a good company and very career oriented company. Company open for individual improvement. Is big company pioneer of there product (i.e: Transportation, Energy, Environment, Infrastructure and etc:)
It was exciting and fast paced
General Foreman (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: extremely cold and windy
Lots of new innovations in the safety culture, the labor crews were very young and inexperienced and some times hard to get the job done. All in all it was a good job.
Good salary, very safety aware
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Prudoe Bay AlaskaFebruary 19, 2015
Overall a good company, it is a larger one and you tend to be more of a number thana person. Enjoy the time off greatly, must be able to withstand cold harse working enviroments.
YRP-LPP: when too big to fail ought to fall flat
Sr C4I Systems Project Manager (Former Employee), Seoul, R.O.K.February 18, 2015
Pros: Everything outside work: my personal life flourished.
Cons: Knowing that one client was deliberately taking advantage of and cheating its partner, the other client.
I know nothing of how CH2M conducts itself in the mainland US, and only have insights into one specific overseas project. That said, I do know that leadership in Denver guides program in Seoul. For me, there is little line between which to read.

Average day moved from frustration to prevarication with side trips to confrontation . Governance largely missing at the project level; I experienced poor project management at its best.

Senior leadership typically took credit for subordinate's work. Regular bullying and browbeating is the preferred style; harassment was condoned and reinforced by cultural norms.

Of my 12 co-workers, three actually offered incisive solutions, meaningful insight and concrete deliverables. The other 9 were either babysitters, or buddies of the HOD and his "boss:" toadyism and nepotism is widespread.

Hardest part listening to flagrant falsehood and deceit, which overshadowed the small joys when goals were met efficiently and timely.
CH2M HILL is a large employee-owned engineering, construction, and operations firm.
Sr. Admin. Asst. / Facilities Ops Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2015
CH2M HILL is a great place to work. The employees are hard-working - great people to work with. I am very grateful for the time I worked there. I feel I grew in so many ways while there. I come from CH2M HILL with nothing but fond memories.
A confused organization, lacking leadership with low pay, lack of advancement opportunity, and no work-life balance
Human Resources, Corporate Affairs, Communications (Former Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: generally kind and friendly people
Cons: low pay, no work-life balance, lacking advancement opportunity, poor leadership/unsure future
I worked at CH for nearly a decade and while CH has a culture of mainly friendly and good people to work with, it is not a good place to advance your career nor is it a good place for a person who values work-life balance. You will receive more and more and assignments and opportunities however, you will not receive pay increases nor advance upward within the organization. Also, work-life balance is non-existent. In fact, drawing a boundary between life and work is looked down upon by peers and management, even despite the fact that work-life balance is something the firm constantly touts. I worked around the clock and all days of the week as did my peers and management. This was the case in different parts of the organization as I worked in several different divisions and functions during my years there. Lastly, and unfortunately, the organization has fallen victim of poor management and leadership during the past decade and the firm finds itself now in financial trouble, floundering without direction, and losing ground against competitors; even execs and leadership seem to be "jumping ship". I certainly do hope things will improve for the firm and they will be able to stay afloat.
Microscopic Management.
Planner (Former Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: other than managers, all other people to work with.
Cons: local management, the email queen.
I have never worked worse people in management in my life. It was the most chaotic job I ever had, and the managers just wanted to pass the blame to everyone but themselves. My immediate supervisor was at later stage of his career, and would never question what his manager said because she was signing for all of his expenses IE: Hotel bills, meals etc... I moved 2400 hundred miles on my own dime to take this job under the pretense that this was going to be one big team working together. When I asked for teamwork, I was told if you need help, we don't need you. I cannot say all of CH2M HIIL is this way. Just what I dealt with.
Productive and fun workplace, no ping pong table
Lead Document Processor (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: working on the puzzle
Cons: not getting work on time
Create templates, format reports which include tables, attachments, appendices. Combine into pdf format for e-deliverables or CDs.

My job was like working on a puzzle, gathering all the pieces, making sure the pieces are correct and fitting them together in the proper order to form the 'picture'. Great Fun!
Casual work environment with diverse project opportunities.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2015
A fun and casual workplace. Great work/life balance and benefits. Profit sharing. Lots of job variety if you're into Civil Engineering.
CH2M Hill was an extraordinary learning experience
Facility Operations Lead/Project Assistant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: extraordinary and diverse team with challenging projects
Cons: when they had to cut the position and the contract ended
A typical day at CH2M Hill was going to work on the Milton E. Proby Parkway project where I worked with a fantastic project team. I worked as the Project Administrative Assistant, and COS downtown office Health and Safety Coordinator, and Facility Operations Lead. My day may start with a safety meeting onsite, some copying, filing, new files, typing letters, then ordering lunch. After lunch in the downtown office, I would start with scheduling 4 conference rooms for both COS, Denver office use, as well as brainstorm meetings for multiple projects. I would process mail, handle Fed-Ex shipping, complete expense reports, proof and document engineer blueprint reviews.
Great Culture
Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2015
I have been working on two positions so it has been very busy for me. Overall the culture and team perception was very strong throughout the entire program.

1 2 3 4 5

About CH2M

At CH2M, we love to take on our clients' most complex infrastructure and natural resource problems, creating new pathways for – Read more

CH2M Salaries