CH2M Employee Reviews in United States

Very good place to work.
Procurement/Expediter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 27, 2016
8 hour day was flexible, to work around rush hour traffic and family obligations. Co-workers were very professional but we all still had fun, making it a more enjoyable place to work.
Best company I have worked for
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2016
They have immense talent and its a pleasure to work amidst such a highly intellectual group. There is a good balance of work and life. Searching for projects within the company is difficult as there is a huge pool of talent.
Pros
Best workplace
Cons
Not many projects
Good overall
HSE Advisor (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKApril 26, 2016
The price of oil being so low the company is struggling in Alaska. Constant layoffs and changes are the norm. I like working here
Excellent Benefits and Great Mobility
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 25, 2016
Wonderful experience with CH2M HILL. Incredible colleagues and a depth of heritage and professionalism. I would stay away from EmployeeConnect careers as there is definitely favoritism in that department, and hard working people are overlooked. Overall incredible place to work.
good place to work with great benifits
millwright-crane operator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO 80112April 22, 2016
liked working for this company,hours were good,location was great,and we received great bonus at end of job. safety personal were great,company kept us informed on everything.
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
had to work in some very cold weather
Corporate climate
MEP Designer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 19, 2016
Not a fit for me. Corporate environment does not encourage diversification within the workforce. I have far too much experience to be placed in a box and forgotten about.
Pros
Innovative
Cons
Corporate culture
Very professional and fun atomosphere
Mechanical Drafting Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 19, 2016
I had a blast working at Ch2m. I have always had an interest in design work and they let me work on all kinds of projects and different types of projects. It was a lot of fun, but on slow days with not much work, the day seemed to go slower. It was still a great experience.
Was good then went down hill
Project Design Specialist / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 18, 2016
I thought I would retire from this place when I started. As they continued to get bigger, the company feel went downhill and the only people that seem to benefit are the upper management.
Cons
They do not care about employees. Only the top level managers
good company to work for
Laborer Level 1 (Former Employee) –  North Slope, AKApril 18, 2016
Learned a lot of new skills working for this company and would enjoy working with them again if the right job became available
Well established company with sold financials
AP Imports Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 12, 2016
Accounts Payable department slowly degraded in my 5 years with the company, eventually leading to outsourcing of jobs to Poland.
Pros
Mature workforce
Cons
High management turnover and shuffling of supervisors
Good Company
Senior Principal (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 10, 2016
They have a great culture and some really good people. Their profit sharing stock options are very good. They were winning some great projects.
Pros
Great mentoring program.
Cons
Can be political.
Ch2m hill
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKApril 9, 2016
This is a great company to work for in the oilfield of Alaska. I enjoyed my coworkers company while employed with CH2M Hill.
Pros
Lots of hours and flexible schedules.
Cons
Being gone out of town for 2-6 weeks at a time.
great working rotational shifts with room and board coverd
Material Handling (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKApril 9, 2016
I really enjoy working on the north slope and would like to get another 5-7 years in. the days are long and the nights are cold but the experience is very rewarding.
Pros
great bunch of people to work with
Cons
Managment is often unfamiliar with procedures
Good Place to Work
Civil-Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 7, 2016
At CH2m Hill, I worked on Nucor DRI Project at Louisiana. It was a challenging job has to be completed within limited time frame. I did lots of foundations to support massive structures, provided steel structures to support structures, did water treatment system, provided conveyor supports, did block buildings. Foundations were supported on Piles.
Busy and fast pace
Subcontract Administrator/Procurement Professional (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 31, 2016
1. Very busy
2. Always learning new things
3. PM's are fairly easy to work with
4. Hardest part of the job is not having everything you need to process a contract agreement
Pros
Hours were very flexiable
Cons
Company made some bad financial decisions in my opinion
Unique work environment
HVAC Planner/Field Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMarch 27, 2016
I am so grateful to work in such a unique environment with such interesting challenges. Long days with a nice reward in a rotational position.
Loved this job
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMarch 7, 2016
I would stay here forever, but low oil prices are forcing me to change careers.
loved the 3 wk on, 3 wk off schedule
food and housing provided for free
Pros
great Benefits, 3 wk on, 3 wk off schedual
Very good place to work. Personnel is very easy to get along with.
QA/QC Coatings Technician 3, NACE Level II (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 5, 2016
I have enjoyed working here on the North Slope. Wish this construction job would not end. Working in this cold environment is not easy but CH2M supplied my FR gear and was very accommodating.
Pros
all accomedations taken care of on the North Slope
Cons
No cons
Good culture and people working in the company
Principal Technologist/Senior Software Architect (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 29, 2016
The people in CH2M Hill are one of the most professional groups of people you can expect. The work environment and schedule are also flexible and friendly.
Great place to work but got tired of working on the North Slope
Project Estimator & Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 27, 2016
A typical day at work involved walking down projects to perform estimates on and then managing the execution of the given project. I leaned what it takes to execute projects in all different types of terrain. My management was very supportive and saw that I was had a lot of potential and allowed me to climb the ladder fast, and there when I needed them. My co-workers were great crafts man and they respected my opinion and would execute the projects as planned on schedule and within budget. The hardest part of the job was working on the slope on a 2 week on 2 week of schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is that management saw my potential and allowed me to get into a position that I was qualified for and allowed to grow and learn with good mentors.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Working on the North Slope on a rotational schedule