CH2M Employee Reviews

Ch2m
Procurement / Catagory Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 10, 2017
Great values with a strong focus on Ethics and Safety. Great stock options and good benefits.

The hardest part of the job is the ever changing operations model.
Pros
Ethics
Cons
Job Security
Good team work with
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Prudoe bay akMarch 30, 2017
Ch2m as a company needs a lot improvement twords employees needs too be more for the employees need work at being more eithical as they pride in providing more affordable benefits packages, building a better management team giving long term employees a chance too move up the ladder
Pros
Time off good
Cons
They do not take care of there employees when job market down turns
Great group of people to work with
Cad Designer (I&C and Electrical) (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 28, 2017
I have learned a lot about my field of work but advancement to move up and to get on the job training is slow. The work place culture is great and the people that work here are friendly and will help if asked.
Great Company
Construction Engineer / Field Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMarch 25, 2017
Key contributor in a work group performing 200+ projects annually project in one of the largest oil fields in North America, providing support through all stages of the project lifecycle. Performs estimating, planning, project management, project controls, turnover and scheduling. Focuses primarily on developing work execution/repair proposals and lift plans, including structural analysis, piping stress analysis, pipeline in-service lifting analysis, crane analysis, lifting device assessment and corrosion analysis. Reviews issued for approval (IFA) and issued for construction (IFC) drawing packages to document scope changes and associated costs.
Ch2m
HR Professional, Leave Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 23, 2017
CH2M job work and life balance is a fabulous. Management is flexible with work schedules, can work from home if needed. I feel as though CH2M overpays in section job sectors and underpays in others. I thought my job was secure, but after all of the massive lay off's nothing is secure. Advancement in my department was obsolete. Unfortunately the job culture was not that diverse. There are worse companies in America to work for.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home
Cons
Advancement in some job sectors. Lacking people of color
A global leader in Infrastructure Development and a good company to work for.
Senior Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 22, 2017
Opportunity to work on multi projects in various faculties was an asset for this assignment. The culture is open to innovative ideas and the freedom to utilize creative and state of the art software and equipment was a plus.

Fellow employees were very cordial and encouraging.
Pros
Ability to demonstrate my knowledge, experience, and skills.
Cons
Limited projects
Good group of skilled welders I work with
Field Fabrication Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMarch 12, 2017
No team of craftsmen better to do the work required in adverse conditions a lot of times. I have learned to become more organized and be even more proactive in order to avoid work delays.
Pros
shcedule
Cons
schedule
check was good
Fab Shop (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMarch 6, 2017
Always had plenty of help, never bounced a check, insurance premium wasn't bad. Seemed like they tried to keep us working, but lost some major contracts, put a lot of people out of work.
Great Company to Work For
Controller/Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 2, 2017
Worked One on One with Board of Directors of small water purveyor company. Did all accounting functions up to and including month end financial statements.
Productive workplace with a lot of opportunities
Communications Operator (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Really great company which offers a chance to improve and grow. They dedicate themselves on the improvement of every one of their employers. You learn how to deal critical situations that require immediate assistance. You also learn how to manage different tasks. Drills are ran every month to help improve your dispatching skills.
Pros
Healthcare, Dental Care, Retirement plan
Cons
Shift rotation
Company has changed, no longer thinks of their employees.
Administrative Assistant / Telecommuter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Worked for this company for 10 years and went through several reorganizations. They used to care about their employees, no longer. We are just a number and easily terminated.
Pros
Worked in the Water Group they were amazing, great team.
Cons
Worked in the Environmental Group, not organized, poor management.
Good oportunities to learn but have to find own work
Hydrogeologist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2017
The projects I worked on were interesting, but no one helped you find work even in an entry level position. I was hired to work on two projects that never came into fruition so ended up having to work out of state away from family on hazardous projects because that's where I could find work. There is absolutely no work life balance..
Cons
Long Hours, only get paid for billable hours
worked in the oilfields on the north slop
scaffold lead (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 1, 2017
Worked in the oilfields on the north slop of Alaska it Was very interesting I got to learn a lot about the wildlife and work in various plants I also liked the rotation of working three weeks on and getting three weeks off
Good Work Life Balance, Everything Else Meh
BUSINESS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
The firm cares about the environment and the clients, but is really out of touch with the employees. This is evident by two reorgs in 3 years, and yet employee comp was not addressed. Unless you are in the Denver (HQ) bubble, you are a commodity.
Pros
Encourage teleworking
Cons
Incentive comp in nonexistent
Fun and exciting
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKJanuary 19, 2017
Had a great experience with this company.got to see Alaska and make money.. meet lots of people. Had great insurance. And even did give aways to employees
Group manager more interested in himself then his employees
Project Subcontracts Manager (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJJanuary 19, 2017
Group manager more interested in himself then his employees. Salary increases were determined by association with manager not by performance. Lack of top management oversight.
Pros
Modified work week
Cons
No advancement
Fun and great place to work.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 17, 2017
I strongly recommend this company, it was a great atmosphere. I honestly wish I could have stayed with the company longer
Excellent Company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2017
Excellent Company to work for, Very talented and professional Construction Engineers, etc.
Excellent culture and very inclusive. Excellent benefits and the opportunity to work overtime.
Pros
Great company to work for
Who is your boss?
Technical Control Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2017
I never met my boss while working. There were watchers in the office. Lack of clear communication on company standings, job reviews, and productivity reviews.
Pros
Able to work from home at times
Cons
The company structure, who is my boss, junky office environment.
was great to work for under Lockwwod Green
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 2, 2017
Answered multi line phone and work on any other work provided to me. I learned how to do Piping Line-List along with other programs to help sales associates.
Pros
fun co-workers, learned new programs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CH2M. Our community is ready to answer.