CH2M Employee Reviews

Intelligent, friendly people as colleagues.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 15, 2017
Excellent workplace culture with intelligent colleagues. The company always kept at the forefront of computer technology and provided training for its employees.
Artic work enviroment
Electrical Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 11, 2017
Very large project. 18 oil well pad for Conoco on the North Slope
Very nice man camp good food
Challenging working conditions some days
Good work rotations two weeks on two weeks off
Not a great work enviroment
IT Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2017
Very high turnovers due to low pay bad management and office politics. Many had to drive through the worst traffic to get to the office yet for low pay. I was warned by my friends yet learned first hand of CH2M. Great co workers and met many good friends. Moved on to a closer job with better pay.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Low pay High turnover Management long drive
If you like being a slave to a company, it's a great place to work!
Work Planner (Former Employee) –  Richland, WANovember 1, 2017
Long hours and great pay, however, 25 percent of the people do 90 percent of the work. Management doesn't care about people, just their bottom line and filling their bank accounts.
Pros
Occasional free food and other swag, decent benefits
Cons
Long hours, Few people do the majority of the work, Favoritism, Nepotism
Loved this company
Administrative Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 31, 2017
Great company to work for. Management were great to work for. I worked a typical 9-5 daily and off on the weekends. Co workers were very engaged and hard workers.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Stress free
Easy Paced with great colleagues to work with
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 29, 2017
Great place for talented engineers and good support from management. Had freedom to engage and build clients. Made great connections and worked on cool projects that laid the foundation for future work.
CH2M hides behind "we value our employees". You're nothing more than a dollar sign.
PLANT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 26, 2017
Never knew what you were going to be blamed for or threatened to be fired for. Management has no idea how the plant runs. Employees fired without training. Very cut throat environment which affected morale.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Unequal treatment / training
Flexible yet Stressful
Financial & Procurement Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 25, 2017
Work-life balance was phenomenal but management was lacking as well as expectations and structure. It is fast paced with a lack of communication on all levels. High expectations with minimum guidance.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Stressful
Global Company
Construction Engineer - CTR Joint Venture (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2017
Global company with a lot of opportunities to work on well-known projects. Working with some of the best and brightest in the industry. Have a good network as well.
very safe workers and staff
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 17, 2017
company provide a very safe and strict work environment. Company policies are forced daily. they take proper procedures to limit any death near miss or unsafe procedures.
Lost the human touch with employees
Control Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 15, 2017
Company culture changed dramatically during my time there. Became almost Dilbertian when work got light. The bean-counters took complete control from the engineers.
unstable never knew which day was your last , recordable injuries often
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKOctober 11, 2017
at first seemed like a good job, as time passed more and more imjuries that lead to doctors visits became present , never knew what to expect from management from day to day. they arent honest with you concerning job changes and layoffs
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
poorly managed
Stressful
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKOctober 7, 2017
They were always changing the shifts, days and weeks of work. They never ask what we thought about the changes or how it would affect our lives. They never gave a raise or any bonas,not even at Christmas.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No appreication, no concern for their employees
Nice people and productive
Decontamination and Decommission - Temporary (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 4, 2017
Great place to work only wish I was on permenatly. The people are very nice and most are welcoming. The provide a significant amount of training before you enter the field.
Pros
Pay, benefits, hours
Cons
Work hours may vary
Everyday was something new to learn and was a fun work culture
Workforce Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 4, 2017
I had a blast working at CH.
It had a good mix of people who would work well together to come up with innovative ways.
An extremely advanced and well built HR capability.
cooprative and good coordination between disciplines
Designer II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 29, 2017
The work day was full and well planed with daily morning discipline meetings so everyone knew what was expected of them and to make sure we were on track.
I learned Navisworks and improved my AutoCAD MEP skills while working there.
Management was excellent. They took a personal interest in their subordinates well being and made every effort to make sure the required information was made available so we could complete our assigned tasks on time. My direct manager made me feel that my extra efforts were appreciated and not expected, a very nice touch.
The culture from my perspective as a contract employee was one of cooperation between disciplines devoid of office politics and a stress free schedule to make dead lines.
The hardest part of the job was being away from home for a week at a time since I was an out of town contractor. But that was easily overlooked because of the work place environment, the work itself, which I really enjoyed, the people I worked with, the knowledge I gained and of course the compensation.
Pros
Things like taco Tuesday and lunches provide at coordination meetings
Cons
non of any significance
Nuclear Chemical Operator
Nuclear Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Hanford, WASeptember 26, 2017
The best part my previous work experience is being allowed to work at my own pace to complete all the required RCRA And CERCLA inspections per week/month. Package waste per requirements.
Pros
Self starting
Cons
4 am alarm clock
my day
Administrative Assistant/Escort (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2017
I work all shift every shift is different. You have a quick paced, relaxed, and a laid back shift. A typical day is a few items or areas breaking down and requires our company to investigate and fix the issue.
Pros
Pto
Cons
no true growth and the raises are lacked
Very Stressful
AP Team Lead Problem Resolution Team (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 23, 2017
I was hired because of someone I know and my reporting supervisor seemed to be unhappy with his decision. I was there for the first two weeks without management coming to me to let me know what they were expecting from me as a Team Lead for this position. I finally has to turn to my team of employees to advise me and train me for the job position that I has just been hired for.
Awesome
Safety Specialist III Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 20, 2017
There's nothing bad I can say about working at CH2M - PRC. The management team was fantastic, morale was great, and I'd be there again in a heartbeat if I had the proper work/life balance. That was not an issue with the employer, it was personal. This job would have been PERFECT for me, if I'd been able to overcome being homesick and away from family.
Pros
Everything about this job was terrific
Cons
It was personal only, nothing bad to say

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CH2M. Our community is ready to answer.