CH2M Employee Reviews

Opportunities for growth, fast paced, demanding yet rewarding
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2016
Leader in technology, management, and engineering; fast paced and challenging work environment, excellent work place presenting opportunities for advancement and personal development, and above average compensation. Work experience was fun most times though rigorous work pace was required to maintain competitive edge. Enjoyed most the flexible work hours and co-workers that were supportive and team players.
Pros
Employee owned, leader in technology, strong management
Cons
Consulting
Talented People
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 11, 2016
Talented people. Good location. Decent benefits, good work out facilities. Good work life balance opportunities. A lot of duplicate effort among the company. A lot of manual processes for such a large company.
Real people doing real work that matters
Jr. Radiological Control Tech (Former Employee) –  Hanford, WAOctober 2, 2016
CH2M Hill conducts themselves with the utmost integrity and consideration for there employees. They always put workers safety ahead of work progress to ensure quality of life and retention.
Pros
High wages, thorough training, excellent benefits
Cons
Lay-offs, remote locations
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant/Procurement Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2016
This was by far the best company I have ever worked for. CH2M Hill has a great work life balance, great benefits and all around really values their employees. I loved working at CH2M Hill.
Great company
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/AAugust 28, 2016
This is just an excellent company overall. Excellent benefits with opportunities for professional growth. No complaints.
Pros
Excellent benefits with opportunities for professional growth
Cons
N/A
Poor management
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 21, 2016
Easy to become invisible, co-workers are friendly and helpful, learned a lot but primarily by teaching self or from a coworker, and management is there only for themselves not the employees.
Pros
Excellent learning environment
Cons
Poor management, lack of accountability, poor benefits
Productive work environment with welcoming community
Publications Technician/ Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAJune 18, 2016
Every day at CH2M was welcoming. The position allowed me to learn and grow as an editor. I pick up new computer skills, managing an array of computer programs. All of my co-workers were friendly and helpful in every situation.
Pros
Great benefits and friendly environment
Cons
A bit overworked
Company is not profitable
Program Manager III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2016
Boring work. No support from management. Little collaboration. Decisions are made in Denver by an ill-informed inner circle.
Pros
Good Benefits; Stock Options
Cons
Company has wrong focus/ focuses.
good place to work with great benifits
millwright-crane operator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO 80112April 22, 2016
liked working for this company,hours were good,location was great,and we received great bonus at end of job. safety personal were great,company kept us informed on everything.
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
had to work in some very cold weather
Not the greatest management team
Expense Report Auditor, Oracle iExpense (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 6, 2016
I liked the area of the job, and I liked what I was doing. I had a problem with Management and the fact that they allowed their employees who were not in any position of authority"bully" other employees. I didn't like the fact that when software problems arose, management would send you home. They would also tell you to come in to work, then while on your way into work have a co worker call you and tell you not to come in. This happened to me for almost a week. I was not compensated for my time, I turned down other positions. I would not work for this company again, at least not in the Accounts Payable department.
perfect in between job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 7, 2015
don't get paid nearly as much as you need to survive in San Jose area.
Looked down upon if you don't do overtime.
They do provide benefits, not really appealing once you look at the fine print ( they don't cover much) and you still pay a lot out of pocket.
everyone starts off as a temp, than after 3 or so months you can get converted.
Will most likely work some holidays.
Recently trying to upgrade some programs in the system.
Dead end job, no room to improve on your personal growth within the company. IF you want to move up the ladder, look somewhere else. this is the company where you gain some skills and apply it to a different company.
However there is some ease knowing your job is pretty secure.
Cons
benefits are not as great as they appear
Not my field
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKJanuary 27, 2016
Not the best person to offer high praise in this area. each person must learn from their own experiences . It's not like I have a lot of love for this company. It's the same as most company's . never trust in any 1 thing to much and there is no loyalty in any company only in it's people and not all people can be trusted.
Pros
many good people to work with
Cons
rather not say
Loved this job
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMarch 7, 2016
I would stay here forever, but low oil prices are forcing me to change careers.
loved the 3 wk on, 3 wk off schedule
food and housing provided for free
Pros
great Benefits, 3 wk on, 3 wk off schedual
Had a Summer Internship
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 23, 2016
A very interesting and fun place to work. It was my first time on the west coast for an extended period of time and the work culture over there is wonderful. As long as you got your work done there were no issues. Management was wonderful and didn't micromanage workers; I even got to meet the ceo 1-on-1 and I can tell she tells greatly about CH2M employees.

The only con that I can really give the place is that a lot of the engineers there were of "advanced age". This isn't necessarily a bad thing because everyone was a well of knowledge and willing to help if I asked.
Pros
Flexible time schedule and great working environment. employees can buy stock
Cons
No paid lunch
Great industry to be in, lot of room for advacement.
Collections operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJune 5, 2016
I have learned so much about the water and wastewater industry in the last 5 years. I started as a water distribution operator and I never imagined working in wastewater but the further I go in my career the more interesting it gets. Currently I'm operating a vac truck and I am responsible for cleaning 260 miles of wastewater collection system in the town. I also assist in the operation of the wastewater treatment plant and in the water production department. It's a great group of guys to work with. I'm now ready to grow and that starts with moving on to the next step in my career where ever that my be.
Pros
Very positive hard working group.
Cons
Healthcare coverage
Great Place to Work!!
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 27, 2016
Our Client is the City of Norwalk and we specialize in Wastewater Operations. I love that my job at CH2M/City of Norwalk is very laid but never boring. I handle things such as Loss Claims, Accounts Payable, Office Management and everything in between. That is the beauty of a small office.
Pros
Early Start and Early Office, Paid Cell Phone
Cons
They are taking our pension away
Excellent Company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 7, 2015
I could not say enough great things about CH2M (formerly CH2M HILL). It has been an excellent company to work for. They treat their employees like family, after all we are a family-owned company. The only reason I'm interest in venturing out is because I've been here almost 10 years and I'd like to broaden my horizons. CH2M has taken quite a few hits in the last two years and a lot of employees have been laid off. And although my position with the company is not being compromised, I think this is a good time to look out there to see if there isn't another new adventure for my career in another company.
Pros
Excellent company, work atmosphere, the work itself. Also excellend pay and benefits
Cons
Drastic changes in the last two years. New CEO (which she is good), high executives leaving, forced retirements, many people being laid off.
good work environment
Welder/Fitter 1, equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Kenai, AKJanuary 10, 2016
good working environment, good people. good job security. lots of on the job training. new equipment to work with. good benefits
Pros
good benefits
Cons
went out of business in kenai
Nco
Journeyman Nuclear Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJanuary 4, 2016
Was a NCO at the Hanford Res Site in Richland Washington and the job was fine but management wasn't the best Ive worked for they only cared about the high and mighty dollar sign
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
lay off all the time
Nice coworkers, poor management
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 2, 2016
Great place to work at if you need a flexible schedule. Raises are minimal and don't always go with your abilities or hard work.