CH2M Employee Reviews

Awesome
Safety Specialist III Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 20, 2017
There's nothing bad I can say about working at CH2M - PRC. The management team was fantastic, morale was great, and I'd be there again in a heartbeat if I had the proper work/life balance. That was not an issue with the employer, it was personal. This job would have been PERFECT for me, if I'd been able to overcome being homesick and away from family.
Pros
Everything about this job was terrific
Cons
It was personal only, nothing bad to say
Excellent Company
Technical Writer and Editor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
The workplace culture was definitely a positive environment. The company truly wanted to make their staff happy which lead to increase work due the staff wanting to be there. Management style was to let the staff do their job as needed.

Unfortunately the company is project driven, so when there isn't any work some staff will be let go quite quickly.
Pros
9/80 schedule, company picnics
Cons
Project driven, very minimal overhead work.
Great Experience
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 5, 2017
I advanced internally and met a lot of great people while doing so. Learned a tremendous amount of skills and knowledge during my time there. Grateful for the opportunities and experiences.
Grown too big for their employees
Project Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2017
CH2M Hill has grown into a very successful international company. However in the process the average employee cannot be acknowledge for any level of effort or achievement. Not room for advancement since no one ones know your name.,
Stress level fair to low with a understanding management and fun co-workers in a productive workplace.
A.P.I. Valve Shop Foreman, Lead, Technician (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKAugust 29, 2017
I've worked a variety of hours in the course of a day, learned a strong work ethnic and communication skills. Worked well with management and elevated.Hardest part of my careers was working in extreme outdoors environments( Bering Sea/ Prudhoe Bay AK.).
Most enjoyable part of my jobs was management, Client, co-workers and pay.
Pros
Free meals, time off was allowed when asked.
Cons
Extreme work environments and work hours.
Mostly relaxed, often stressful deadlines
Lead Document Processor/Publishing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2017
I worked here for more than 22 years. I very much enjoyed the work that I did and my co-workers. I have many opportunities to work in other CH2M offices on strategic proposals. Stressful at time but mostly enjoyable.
Pros
Opportunities to grow, free lunches, travel
Cons
Deadline driven stress
Management only cares about themselves and their favorites
Accounting Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 28, 2017
A great deal of favoritism.
Poorly run business. Company took on FFP contracts that bled the company dry thus causing the off-shore of Shared Services (AP, AR, GL) to Krakow Poland.

Also, way too many management layers. They are the ones that received all the bonus and perks.

Top level mgmt (prior to Jacobs purchase) have a very nice golden parachute.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Loved the people, and the original management team. After Mr. Peterson passed, management went downhill.
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, Florida and San Antonio, TexasAugust 28, 2017
CH2M HILL was sold. When I joined CH2 they were an execellent company, promoted education, advancement, etc. The project teams all worked well together until the end. It was a pleasure serving with them and I enjoyed every encounter. I believe it was a combination of poor management and the economy which ended up destroying the company and the company culture. I was with them a very long time and do not regret one moment overall.
Pros
The project teams were very cohesive
Cons
Poor management after Ralph Peterson passed away.
Excellent Place to work
Lease Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 23, 2017
CH2M Hill was a great place to work. Management really took an interest in you and your advancement with in the company. The people there worked together as a team to get things accomplished.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Great benefits, longs days but decent amount of time off
Lead Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKAugust 21, 2017
Many of the hitches were 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off. The time off was great, though it was not paid. There were slow times when new contracts had yet to be started. The company is very safety conscious.
Pros
Benefits, good pay, safe work environment, decent amount of time off
Cons
Long work days, being away from home

Want to know more about CH2M?

Ask a question
Productive work place with challenge andnt whe advancement.
Account Support 1 (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHAugust 21, 2017
I felt strong about my career there, but was let go due to company adjustments. I learned a lot and grateful that i can carry this experience on to another position. I really enjoyed the work atmosphere in our department. Everyone helped everyone when needed. The hardest part was doing a position and everyone hears you, but not improvement to better everyone involved.
Immediate supervisor was an IDIOT
Project Manager II (Former Employee) –  North DakotaAugust 7, 2017
He went behind my back to talk poorly of me to our client, thus creating uncertainty. When he realized he was wrong, never got a sorry and still talked poorly of me.

He could not give me my peer evaluation in person, we needed to go to a local restaurant, never weak minded person, needed a pat on the back to show he was worthy.

When my father passed and I asked for time off, he responded "Make sure your work is gone." I gave notice right then and there!!
Cons
Poor management, no wonder it's being sold.
Good Job for me....
Director of Project Controls (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 6, 2017
Good Job for me.... there were always problem project holding back company profitability. New leadership created huge turmoil and uncertainty. Employees were very proud to work here.
welded pipe on turbine unit
COMBO PIPE WELDER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2017
I weldeed stainless and carbon steel pipe on a gas fired power plant that was a mulibillion dollar project in Utah that lasted about a year, it was fun and challenging, I really enjoyed it, I was proud of what I did.
Pros
welding ipipe
Cons
welding in the sno
Great internship, didn't work beyond that
Reoccurring Summer Internship (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 4, 2017
Internship here was great introduction into the consulting world. Did not apply to what I was looking to do with my career. The people were great. Unsure on how the work place is as a full time employee.
It's an ok place to work.
Support & Operations Technician I (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 2, 2017
It's an ok place to work. If all you're looking for is a job then it'll do. Mostly the company seems to be mismanaged however, with management only wanting to appease those that are above them instead of working with their employees to resolve actual issues that likely will benefit the company.
Decent at first
INDUSTRIAL TECHNICIAN 1 (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 30, 2017
As a "employee owned" company, the "employees" have NO say in anything, the executive level people are going to to do whatever lines their greedy pockets, no one really cares about the people out in the field who are breaking their backs to keep the company afloat.
Pros
My current boss is the best I've ever worked for
Cons
Too many whiny coworkers
No Time
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hanford, WAJuly 29, 2017
Not enough time

to tell more OTHER THAN

I drove well and had an opportunity to control traffic for those
travelimg one afternoon, up and down the plateau.
Pros
As Stated
Cons
As Stated
Construction of a natural gas power plant
MILLWRIGHT at construction of new power plant (Former Employee) –  Vineyard, UTJuly 28, 2017
The work entailed installing/mounting various components of the power plant, from turbines, valves, pumps, boilers, subsystems,etc. It also entailed aligning pumps, testing equipment, operating equipment such as overhead cranes,man lifts, and fork lifts. The most fascinating thing learned is how a natural gas power plant operates. The management was good. Many of them were highly educated professionals with a lot of experience in this type of work. The culture was very colorful with various types of people. In way the craft was a little rough around the edges but knew their job. The hardest part was the work wasn't always active. At times we would have to wait for certain resources such as crane availability or sequence of work. The enjoyable part was seeing how things were coming together.
Working at CH2M was a good learning experience for what it means to work for a large global company.
Office Management (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 20, 2017
At CH2M Inc. I work on multiple tasks including mail room, data entry, records management and the copy center. I was taught how to successfully complete Excel spreadsheets on MS Office as well as expense reports. Delivering the mail and express packages every day allowed me the opportunity to get to know the engineers and learn more about the company. The hardest part of working at CH2M was having to conduct office moves on two separate occasions. The best part of the job was working for a company that does so much for the environment, people and the planet as a whole.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CH2M. Our community is ready to answer.