CH2M Employee Reviews in United States

perfect in between job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 7, 2015
don't get paid nearly as much as you need to survive in San Jose area.
Looked down upon if you don't do overtime.
They do provide benefits, not really appealing once you look at the fine print ( they don't cover much) and you still pay a lot out of pocket.
everyone starts off as a temp, than after 3 or so months you can get converted.
Will most likely work some holidays.
Recently trying to upgrade some programs in the system.
Dead end job, no room to improve on your personal growth within the company. IF you want to move up the ladder, look somewhere else. this is the company where you gain some skills and apply it to a different company.
However there is some ease knowing your job is pretty secure.
Cons
benefits are not as great as they appear
Not my field
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKJanuary 27, 2016
Not the best person to offer high praise in this area. each person must learn from their own experiences . It's not like I have a lot of love for this company. It's the same as most company's . never trust in any 1 thing to much and there is no loyalty in any company only in it's people and not all people can be trusted.
Pros
many good people to work with
Cons
rather not say
Loved this job
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMarch 7, 2016
I would stay here forever, but low oil prices are forcing me to change careers.
loved the 3 wk on, 3 wk off schedule
food and housing provided for free
Pros
great Benefits, 3 wk on, 3 wk off schedual
good work environment
Welder/Fitter 1, equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Kenai, AKJanuary 10, 2016
good working environment, good people. good job security. lots of on the job training. new equipment to work with. good benefits
Pros
good benefits
Cons
went out of business in kenai
Nco
Journeyman Nuclear Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJanuary 4, 2016
Was a NCO at the Hanford Res Site in Richland Washington and the job was fine but management wasn't the best Ive worked for they only cared about the high and mighty dollar sign
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
lay off all the time
Excellent Company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 7, 2015
I could not say enough great things about CH2M (formerly CH2M HILL). It has been an excellent company to work for. They treat their employees like family, after all we are a family-owned company. The only reason I'm interest in venturing out is because I've been here almost 10 years and I'd like to broaden my horizons. CH2M has taken quite a few hits in the last two years and a lot of employees have been laid off. And although my position with the company is not being compromised, I think this is a good time to look out there to see if there isn't another new adventure for my career in another company.
Pros
Excellent company, work atmosphere, the work itself. Also excellend pay and benefits
Cons
Drastic changes in the last two years. New CEO (which she is good), high executives leaving, forced retirements, many people being laid off.
Nice coworkers, poor management
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 2, 2016
Great place to work at if you need a flexible schedule. Raises are minimal and don't always go with your abilities or hard work.
Dream Job
Project/Document control/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 30, 2015
This was a job of a lifetime, this company went above and beyond to make their employees happy. I had an unlimited amount of on the job training. They would be more than willing to cross train you with a new job duty, even if you had no prior experience.
Pros
Great vibe, great coworkers, great management
Cons
insurance benefits were a little high
Overwork Employees
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2015
Management easy to talk to. Typical day consists of overseeing all office activities, receiving guests. and setting up conference rooms. Loved the ability to where multiple hats but position has not much room for growth.
Pros
Great Coworkers, Strives on employee longevity
Cons
Mangement, Benefits, Company Values, Lacks growth
What I have learned
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2016
CH2M HILL is one of the largest engineering consulting firms in the United States and internationally. There is opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects at all levels of scale and complexity. Employees are encouraged to chart their career path along either technical, management, or operations and opportunities exist to change tracks during your career. Employees do need to be self-reliant and out-going to develop a network of contacts to draw from for project opportunities beyond your local office.
Pros
team-based work environment and ease of tele-working
Cons
Corporate strategy/policy implementation at local level is inconsitent
Great industry to be in, lot of room for advacement.
Collections operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJune 5, 2016
I have learned so much about the water and wastewater industry in the last 5 years. I started as a water distribution operator and I never imagined working in wastewater but the further I go in my career the more interesting it gets. Currently I'm operating a vac truck and I am responsible for cleaning 260 miles of wastewater collection system in the town. I also assist in the operation of the wastewater treatment plant and in the water production department. It's a great group of guys to work with. I'm now ready to grow and that starts with moving on to the next step in my career where ever that my be.
Pros
Very positive hard working group.
Cons
Healthcare coverage
Great place to work but got tired of working on the North Slope
Project Estimator & Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 27, 2016
A typical day at work involved walking down projects to perform estimates on and then managing the execution of the given project. I leaned what it takes to execute projects in all different types of terrain. My management was very supportive and saw that I was had a lot of potential and allowed me to climb the ladder fast, and there when I needed them. My co-workers were great crafts man and they respected my opinion and would execute the projects as planned on schedule and within budget. The hardest part of the job was working on the slope on a 2 week on 2 week of schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is that management saw my potential and allowed me to get into a position that I was qualified for and allowed to grow and learn with good mentors.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Working on the North Slope on a rotational schedule
Had a Summer Internship
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 23, 2016
A very interesting and fun place to work. It was my first time on the west coast for an extended period of time and the work culture over there is wonderful. As long as you got your work done there were no issues. Management was wonderful and didn't micromanage workers; I even got to meet the ceo 1-on-1 and I can tell she tells greatly about CH2M employees.

The only con that I can really give the place is that a lot of the engineers there were of "advanced age". This isn't necessarily a bad thing because everyone was a well of knowledge and willing to help if I asked.
Pros
Flexible time schedule and great working environment. employees can buy stock
Cons
No paid lunch
Opportunities for growth, fast paced, demanding yet rewarding
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2016
Leader in technology, management, and engineering; fast paced and challenging work environment, excellent work place presenting opportunities for advancement and personal development, and above average compensation. Work experience was fun most times though rigorous work pace was required to maintain competitive edge. Enjoyed most the flexible work hours and co-workers that were supportive and team players.
Pros
Employee owned, leader in technology, strong management
Cons
Consulting
Great coworkers. Manangement is all about themselves.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKAugust 14, 2016
I worked in Prudhoe Bay for CH2 for 8 years. My coworkers were very knowledgeable and great to work with. I was a lead of a crew and was "laid off" mainly because I knew more about safety and the job than mgt. I will miss the job itself and the crew, but not the FBI (Friends, Brothers, and Inlaws) mgt. I hope Karma will prevail.
Pros
Great job and coworkers
Cons
Constant lies from mgt and thier acceptance of lies from other mgt
CH2MHill
Environmental Specialist/Industrial Hygienist, (Former Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CASeptember 8, 2015
Great company with super benefits and compensation. Unfortunately, there was little to no upward mobility during my tenure. There are, however, great opportunities across the country with this company.
Great company to work for....great leadership
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Point Thomson, AKAugust 18, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for CH2M and would work for them again in the future. I worked with a great group of guys whos first priority was safty. The hardest part of the job was working out in the elements sometimes working in cold as low as -75 F. But the most enjoyable part was seeing the finished product at the end.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Long hitches
Erie PA Buyer job was a nightmare
Associate Buyer at GE Transportation (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 2, 2016
I held the Buyer position in Erie PA at GE Transportation for 7 months. The position has been posted numerous times since. The working conditions are terrible. Instead of fixing the problems management chooses to keep hiring people hoping that someone will stay. If you apply for this position-don't accept anything less than 3 figures.
Pros
good wage
Cons
80 + hours a week needed to complete work, parking a problem
Enjoyed the work there and would go back when work is available
Senior Piping Designer/Checker (Chemical Plant) (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 7, 2016
Interesting projects to work on.
Work load is not balanced and continuous.
Co-workers work well together as a team on most projects.
The hardest part of the job is flow of information to meet schedule.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the plant up and running.
Productive work environment with welcoming community
Publications Technician/ Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAJune 18, 2016
Every day at CH2M was welcoming. The position allowed me to learn and grow as an editor. I pick up new computer skills, managing an array of computer programs. All of my co-workers were friendly and helpful in every situation.
Pros
Great benefits and friendly environment
Cons
A bit overworked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CH2M. Our community is ready to answer.