CH2M Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Subcontracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 19, 2017
I worked with CH2M for only 6 months but the culture was great and I had the full support of my management team. How do we improve our internal and external support and customer service was the constant theme. CH2M made training readily available to those that requested it if it was not already offered.
Pros
Supervisor's were excellent about obtaining and providing recognition for workplace contributions.
very safe workers and staff
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 17, 2017
company provide a very safe and strict work environment. Company policies are forced daily. they take proper procedures to limit any death near miss or unsafe procedures.
Lost the human touch with employees
Control Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 15, 2017
Company culture changed dramatically during my time there. Became almost Dilbertian when work got light. The bean-counters took complete control from the engineers.
unstable never knew which day was your last , recordable injuries often
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKOctober 11, 2017
at first seemed like a good job, as time passed more and more imjuries that lead to doctors visits became present , never knew what to expect from management from day to day. they arent honest with you concerning job changes and layoffs
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
poorly managed
Stressful
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKOctober 7, 2017
They were always changing the shifts, days and weeks of work. They never ask what we thought about the changes or how it would affect our lives. They never gave a raise or any bonas,not even at Christmas.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No appreication, no concern for their employees
Nice people and productive
Decontamination and Decommission - Temporary (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 4, 2017
Great place to work only wish I was on permenatly. The people are very nice and most are welcoming. The provide a significant amount of training before you enter the field.
Pros
Pay, benefits, hours
Cons
Work hours may vary
Everyday was something new to learn and was a fun work culture
Workforce Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 4, 2017
I had a blast working at CH.
It had a good mix of people who would work well together to come up with innovative ways.
An extremely advanced and well built HR capability.
cooprative and good coordination between disciplines
Designer II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 29, 2017
The work day was full and well planed with daily morning discipline meetings so everyone knew what was expected of them and to make sure we were on track.
I learned Navisworks and improved my AutoCAD MEP skills while working there.
Management was excellent. They took a personal interest in their subordinates well being and made every effort to make sure the required information was made available so we could complete our assigned tasks on time. My direct manager made me feel that my extra efforts were appreciated and not expected, a very nice touch.
The culture from my perspective as a contract employee was one of cooperation between disciplines devoid of office politics and a stress free schedule to make dead lines.
The hardest part of the job was being away from home for a week at a time since I was an out of town contractor. But that was easily overlooked because of the work place environment, the work itself, which I really enjoyed, the people I worked with, the knowledge I gained and of course the compensation.
Pros
Things like taco Tuesday and lunches provide at coordination meetings
Cons
non of any significance
Nuclear Chemical Operator
Nuclear Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Hanford, WASeptember 26, 2017
The best part my previous work experience is being allowed to work at my own pace to complete all the required RCRA And CERCLA inspections per week/month. Package waste per requirements.
Pros
Self starting
Cons
4 am alarm clock
my day
Administrative Assistant/Escort (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2017
I work all shift every shift is different. You have a quick paced, relaxed, and a laid back shift. A typical day is a few items or areas breaking down and requires our company to investigate and fix the issue.
Pros
Pto
Cons
no true growth and the raises are lacked
Very Stressful
AP Team Lead Problem Resolution Team (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 23, 2017
I was hired because of someone I know and my reporting supervisor seemed to be unhappy with his decision. I was there for the first two weeks without management coming to me to let me know what they were expecting from me as a Team Lead for this position. I finally has to turn to my team of employees to advise me and train me for the job position that I has just been hired for.
Awesome
Safety Specialist III Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 20, 2017
There's nothing bad I can say about working at CH2M - PRC. The management team was fantastic, morale was great, and I'd be there again in a heartbeat if I had the proper work/life balance. That was not an issue with the employer, it was personal. This job would have been PERFECT for me, if I'd been able to overcome being homesick and away from family.
Pros
Everything about this job was terrific
Cons
It was personal only, nothing bad to say
Excellent Company
Technical Writer and Editor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
The workplace culture was definitely a positive environment. The company truly wanted to make their staff happy which lead to increase work due the staff wanting to be there. Management style was to let the staff do their job as needed.

Unfortunately the company is project driven, so when there isn't any work some staff will be let go quite quickly.
Pros
9/80 schedule, company picnics
Cons
Project driven, very minimal overhead work.
Great Experience
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 5, 2017
I advanced internally and met a lot of great people while doing so. Learned a tremendous amount of skills and knowledge during my time there. Grateful for the opportunities and experiences.
Grown too big for their employees
Project Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2017
CH2M Hill has grown into a very successful international company. However in the process the average employee cannot be acknowledge for any level of effort or achievement. Not room for advancement since no one ones know your name.,
Stress level fair to low with a understanding management and fun co-workers in a productive workplace.
A.P.I. Valve Shop Foreman, Lead, Technician (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKAugust 29, 2017
I've worked a variety of hours in the course of a day, learned a strong work ethnic and communication skills. Worked well with management and elevated.Hardest part of my careers was working in extreme outdoors environments( Bering Sea/ Prudhoe Bay AK.).
Most enjoyable part of my jobs was management, Client, co-workers and pay.
Pros
Free meals, time off was allowed when asked.
Cons
Extreme work environments and work hours.
Mostly relaxed, often stressful deadlines
Lead Document Processor/Publishing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2017
I worked here for more than 22 years. I very much enjoyed the work that I did and my co-workers. I have many opportunities to work in other CH2M offices on strategic proposals. Stressful at time but mostly enjoyable.
Pros
Opportunities to grow, free lunches, travel
Cons
Deadline driven stress
Management only cares about themselves and their favorites
Accounting Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 28, 2017
A great deal of favoritism.
Poorly run business. Company took on FFP contracts that bled the company dry thus causing the off-shore of Shared Services (AP, AR, GL) to Krakow Poland.

Also, way too many management layers. They are the ones that received all the bonus and perks.

Top level mgmt (prior to Jacobs purchase) have a very nice golden parachute.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Loved the people, and the original management team. After Mr. Peterson passed, management went downhill.
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, Florida and San Antonio, TexasAugust 28, 2017
CH2M HILL was sold. When I joined CH2 they were an execellent company, promoted education, advancement, etc. The project teams all worked well together until the end. It was a pleasure serving with them and I enjoyed every encounter. I believe it was a combination of poor management and the economy which ended up destroying the company and the company culture. I was with them a very long time and do not regret one moment overall.
Pros
The project teams were very cohesive
Cons
Poor management after Ralph Peterson passed away.
Excellent Place to work
Lease Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 23, 2017
CH2M Hill was a great place to work. Management really took an interest in you and your advancement with in the company. The people there worked together as a team to get things accomplished.
Pros
Great Management
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CH2M. Our community is ready to answer.