CH2M Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work!!
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 27, 2016
Our Client is the City of Norwalk and we specialize in Wastewater Operations. I love that my job at CH2M/City of Norwalk is very laid but never boring. I handle things such as Loss Claims, Accounts Payable, Office Management and everything in between. That is the beauty of a small office.
Pros
Early Start and Early Office, Paid Cell Phone
Cons
They are taking our pension away
Not the greatest management team
Expense Report Auditor, Oracle iExpense (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 6, 2016
I liked the area of the job, and I liked what I was doing. I had a problem with Management and the fact that they allowed their employees who were not in any position of authority"bully" other employees. I didn't like the fact that when software problems arose, management would send you home. They would also tell you to come in to work, then while on your way into work have a co worker call you and tell you not to come in. This happened to me for almost a week. I was not compensated for my time, I turned down other positions. I would not work for this company again, at least not in the Accounts Payable department.
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant/Procurement Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2016
This was by far the best company I have ever worked for. CH2M Hill has a great work life balance, great benefits and all around really values their employees. I loved working at CH2M Hill.
Great company
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/AAugust 28, 2016
This is just an excellent company overall. Excellent benefits with opportunities for professional growth. No complaints.
Pros
Excellent benefits with opportunities for professional growth
Cons
N/A
Fun and productive workplace
General Facilities Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCAugust 22, 2016
The Company was good to work for. Everyone got along. We may have had our differences but at the end of the day we all went home thankful for the guy next to him.
Pros
Hours and catered lunches on Wed.
Cons
Healthcare
Great company to work for....great leadership
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Point Thomson, AKAugust 18, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for CH2M and would work for them again in the future. I worked with a great group of guys whos first priority was safty. The hardest part of the job was working out in the elements sometimes working in cold as low as -75 F. But the most enjoyable part was seeing the finished product at the end.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Long hitches
Great coworkers. Manangement is all about themselves.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKAugust 14, 2016
I worked in Prudhoe Bay for CH2 for 8 years. My coworkers were very knowledgeable and great to work with. I was a lead of a crew and was "laid off" mainly because I knew more about safety and the job than mgt. I will miss the job itself and the crew, but not the FBI (Friends, Brothers, and Inlaws) mgt. I hope Karma will prevail.
Pros
Great job and coworkers
Cons
Constant lies from mgt and thier acceptance of lies from other mgt
Corporate Changes
Buyer II (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 8, 2016
There were many corporate changes that changed the work environment from the familial team environment, to a more competitive angst ridden environment.
Great company if they could provide employees job security
Project Coordinator 3 (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2016
The company cannot provide job security in some markets and struggle to move employees around on contracts to keep them onboard until another contract is secured.
Pros
Salaries, world wide company
Cons
Insecure job retention
Good place to work.
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 18, 2016
The job is a great job, wish that the contract would last longer. Good co-workers to work with also working with them is fun.
Pros
good hours
Environment
Sr. DevOps / Release -Build Engineer (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 18, 2016
I have done the docker POC for this company i have learnt new things while doing the POC and the co-workers are very friendly we played like a team in our project.
Opportunities for growth, fast paced, demanding yet rewarding
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2016
Leader in technology, management, and engineering; fast paced and challenging work environment, excellent work place presenting opportunities for advancement and personal development, and above average compensation. Work experience was fun most times though rigorous work pace was required to maintain competitive edge. Enjoyed most the flexible work hours and co-workers that were supportive and team players.
Pros
Employee owned, leader in technology, strong management
Cons
Consulting
Very busy due to the needs of the passengers
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2016
Will have multiple calls from plumbing issues to tripping hazards. Respond to any emergencies on the concourses.
Enjoyed the work there and would go back when work is available
Senior Piping Designer/Checker (Chemical Plant) (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 7, 2016
Interesting projects to work on.
Work load is not balanced and continuous.
Co-workers work well together as a team on most projects.
The hardest part of the job is flow of information to meet schedule.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the plant up and running.
Poor management
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 21, 2016
Easy to become invisible, co-workers are friendly and helpful, learned a lot but primarily by teaching self or from a coworker, and management is there only for themselves not the employees.
Pros
Excellent learning environment
Cons
Poor management, lack of accountability, poor benefits
Productive work environment with welcoming community
Publications Technician/ Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAJune 18, 2016
Every day at CH2M was welcoming. The position allowed me to learn and grow as an editor. I pick up new computer skills, managing an array of computer programs. All of my co-workers were friendly and helpful in every situation.
Pros
Great benefits and friendly environment
Cons
A bit overworked
Great industry to be in, lot of room for advacement.
Collections operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJune 5, 2016
I have learned so much about the water and wastewater industry in the last 5 years. I started as a water distribution operator and I never imagined working in wastewater but the further I go in my career the more interesting it gets. Currently I'm operating a vac truck and I am responsible for cleaning 260 miles of wastewater collection system in the town. I also assist in the operation of the wastewater treatment plant and in the water production department. It's a great group of guys to work with. I'm now ready to grow and that starts with moving on to the next step in my career where ever that my be.
Pros
Very positive hard working group.
Cons
Healthcare coverage
Had a Summer Internship
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 23, 2016
A very interesting and fun place to work. It was my first time on the west coast for an extended period of time and the work culture over there is wonderful. As long as you got your work done there were no issues. Management was wonderful and didn't micromanage workers; I even got to meet the ceo 1-on-1 and I can tell she tells greatly about CH2M employees.

The only con that I can really give the place is that a lot of the engineers there were of "advanced age". This isn't necessarily a bad thing because everyone was a well of knowledge and willing to help if I asked.
Pros
Flexible time schedule and great working environment. employees can buy stock
Cons
No paid lunch
Great company to work for give power and recognition
Contract - Principal Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 21, 2016
I enjoyed the effective management tactics, good team in place to support the project. Very relaxed environment with trust and unlimited OT. I enjoyed Alaska.
My co workers are great!
Senior Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  9191 S. Jamaica StMay 19, 2016
I think it's a great place to work and the people are nice. I just don't agree that you need to have a degree to be promoted. I have been with the company for 10 years and I feel the experience and knowledge that I have in HR is better than a Degree.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CH2M. Our community is ready to answer.