Inconsistent Management - Lack of Communication
Sr. Admin Assistant (Former Employee) – Redding, CA – December 13, 2016
This company had a challenging onboarding process due to various reasons including outsourcing to background screening company, along with four different hiring and onboarding employees all of which were in different states. Extensive duplication of efforts due to lack of communication among engineers, chemists and staff.
Hired originally to replace employee retiring, but that employee never retired.
Company claimed safety first however, extensive lifting of heavy boxes was strongly encouraged due to lack of archiving efforts in 30 years. Also, it took three months to get an appropriately ergonomic chair for desk and a back support. Break time frowned upon.
Position advertised was senior administrative assistant however, job was 80% publishing including creating, editing and formatting lengthy PDF's. The other 20% was archiving and meeting set up/clean up.
Attending meetings were mandated but not paid for. Employees expected to use lunch hour for all meetings.