CH2M Employee Reviews

Good large company
Regional Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 26, 2016
The company is very well respected and has a employee based culture. As with any company that contracts it's employees to another company, the profit margin can supersede providing a salary that is appropriate to position and performance.
Pros
Training and benefits are good.
Cons
The recruiter was not completely truthful about salary range in initial interview, Very large corporation that is a bit bureaucratic, Position title held describes a lesser responsibility than the position encompasses
Opportunities for growth, fast paced, demanding yet rewarding
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2016
Leader in technology, management, and engineering; fast paced and challenging work environment, excellent work place presenting opportunities for advancement and personal development, and above average compensation. Work experience was fun most times though rigorous work pace was required to maintain competitive edge. Enjoyed most the flexible work hours and co-workers that were supportive and team players.
Pros
Employee owned, leader in technology, strong management
Cons
Consulting
Group manager more interested in himself then his employees
Project Subcontracts Manager (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJJanuary 19, 2017
Group manager more interested in himself then his employees. Salary increases were determined by association with manager not by performance. Lack of top management oversight.
Pros
Modified work week
Cons
No advancement
Excellent Company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2017
Excellent Company to work for, Very talented and professional Construction Engineers, etc.
Excellent culture and very inclusive. Excellent benefits and the opportunity to work overtime.
Pros
Great company to work for
Talented People
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 11, 2016
Talented people. Good location. Decent benefits, good work out facilities. Good work life balance opportunities. A lot of duplicate effort among the company. A lot of manual processes for such a large company.
Real people doing real work that matters
Jr. Radiological Control Tech (Former Employee) –  Hanford, WAOctober 2, 2016
CH2M Hill conducts themselves with the utmost integrity and consideration for there employees. They always put workers safety ahead of work progress to ensure quality of life and retention.
Pros
High wages, thorough training, excellent benefits
Cons
Lay-offs, remote locations
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant/Procurement Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2016
This was by far the best company I have ever worked for. CH2M Hill has a great work life balance, great benefits and all around really values their employees. I loved working at CH2M Hill.
Great company
N/A (Former Employee) –  N/AAugust 28, 2016
This is just an excellent company overall. Excellent benefits with opportunities for professional growth. No complaints.
Pros
Excellent benefits with opportunities for professional growth
Cons
N/A
Poor management
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 21, 2016
Easy to become invisible, co-workers are friendly and helpful, learned a lot but primarily by teaching self or from a coworker, and management is there only for themselves not the employees.
Pros
Excellent learning environment
Cons
Poor management, lack of accountability, poor benefits
Productive work environment with welcoming community
Publications Technician/ Project Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAJune 18, 2016
Every day at CH2M was welcoming. The position allowed me to learn and grow as an editor. I pick up new computer skills, managing an array of computer programs. All of my co-workers were friendly and helpful in every situation.
Pros
Great benefits and friendly environment
Cons
A bit overworked
Company is not profitable
Program Manager III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2016
Boring work. No support from management. Little collaboration. Decisions are made in Denver by an ill-informed inner circle.
Pros
Good Benefits; Stock Options
Cons
Company has wrong focus/ focuses.
Not the greatest management team
Expense Report Auditor, Oracle iExpense (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 6, 2016
I liked the area of the job, and I liked what I was doing. I had a problem with Management and the fact that they allowed their employees who were not in any position of authority"bully" other employees. I didn't like the fact that when software problems arose, management would send you home. They would also tell you to come in to work, then while on your way into work have a co worker call you and tell you not to come in. This happened to me for almost a week. I was not compensated for my time, I turned down other positions. I would not work for this company again, at least not in the Accounts Payable department.
good place to work with great benifits
millwright-crane operator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO 80112April 22, 2016
liked working for this company,hours were good,location was great,and we received great bonus at end of job. safety personal were great,company kept us informed on everything.
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
had to work in some very cold weather
Open communication
Department Lead Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2016
CH2M's culture is open communication. The manager's are in offices convenient to their workers and invite communication and conversation. All ideas are heard and credit is given where it is due.
Pros
Vendor lunch and learns, monthly team meetings, open communication
Cons
Lower end of the pay scale, some management politics
Inconsistent Management - Lack of Communication
Sr. Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redding, CADecember 13, 2016
This company had a challenging onboarding process due to various reasons including outsourcing to background screening company, along with four different hiring and onboarding employees all of which were in different states. Extensive duplication of efforts due to lack of communication among engineers, chemists and staff.
Hired originally to replace employee retiring, but that employee never retired.

Company claimed safety first however, extensive lifting of heavy boxes was strongly encouraged due to lack of archiving efforts in 30 years. Also, it took three months to get an appropriately ergonomic chair for desk and a back support. Break time frowned upon.

Position advertised was senior administrative assistant however, job was 80% publishing including creating, editing and formatting lengthy PDF's. The other 20% was archiving and meeting set up/clean up.

Attending meetings were mandated but not paid for. Employees expected to use lunch hour for all meetings.
perfect in between job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 7, 2015
don't get paid nearly as much as you need to survive in San Jose area.
Looked down upon if you don't do overtime.
They do provide benefits, not really appealing once you look at the fine print ( they don't cover much) and you still pay a lot out of pocket.
everyone starts off as a temp, than after 3 or so months you can get converted.
Will most likely work some holidays.
Recently trying to upgrade some programs in the system.
Dead end job, no room to improve on your personal growth within the company. IF you want to move up the ladder, look somewhere else. this is the company where you gain some skills and apply it to a different company.
However there is some ease knowing your job is pretty secure.
Cons
benefits are not as great as they appear
Not my field
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKJanuary 27, 2016
Not the best person to offer high praise in this area. each person must learn from their own experiences . It's not like I have a lot of love for this company. It's the same as most company's . never trust in any 1 thing to much and there is no loyalty in any company only in it's people and not all people can be trusted.
Pros
many good people to work with
Cons
rather not say
Loved this job
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMarch 7, 2016
I would stay here forever, but low oil prices are forcing me to change careers.
loved the 3 wk on, 3 wk off schedule
food and housing provided for free
Pros
great Benefits, 3 wk on, 3 wk off schedual
Had a Summer Internship
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 23, 2016
A very interesting and fun place to work. It was my first time on the west coast for an extended period of time and the work culture over there is wonderful. As long as you got your work done there were no issues. Management was wonderful and didn't micromanage workers; I even got to meet the ceo 1-on-1 and I can tell she tells greatly about CH2M employees.

The only con that I can really give the place is that a lot of the engineers there were of "advanced age". This isn't necessarily a bad thing because everyone was a well of knowledge and willing to help if I asked.
Pros
Flexible time schedule and great working environment. employees can buy stock
Cons
No paid lunch
Great Place to Work!!
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 27, 2016
Our Client is the City of Norwalk and we specialize in Wastewater Operations. I love that my job at CH2M/City of Norwalk is very laid but never boring. I handle things such as Loss Claims, Accounts Payable, Office Management and everything in between. That is the beauty of a small office.
Pros
Early Start and Early Office, Paid Cell Phone
Cons
They are taking our pension away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CH2M. Our community is ready to answer.