Chalk Mountain Services

Chalk Mountain Services Employee Reviews in United States

When times are tough safety goes bye bye
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXJune 2, 2016
The dispatchers and fellow drivers were all for the most part great to work with. Upper management would consistently make choices that would negatively affect our lives.
Pros
EQUIPMENT. MECHANICS. GOOD PAY
Cons
BAD MANAGING. LOAD AND TICKET TIMES ABOVE EMPLOY WELFARE
Chalk Mountain Services
Employee (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 6, 2015
Chalk Mountain Services (CMS) is a good company to work for. They have their shortcomings like every other company, but they try very hard to address those and to make you feel at home. The people are friendly and professional, but also not afraid to crack a joke (or dye their hair) to lighten the mood. The family-oriented environment is always nice to find.

They aren't perfect, no company is. There are people you won't like or get along with well, there are policies or SOPs you won't agree with or understand ... but they try. They try very hard to make sure the company keeps moving forward, keeps getting better, keeps growing. They make sure you keep learning and improving, do it right and then do it better and then tell us how we can do it even better.

Overall I've found it to be a good company to work for and would recommend it to anyone. It may be the right fit for you, if may not, but it's definitely worth a shot.
Pros
Company keeps working to improve, decent pay/benefits
Cons
PTO accrual isn't great, tough industry
It's a unsafe grind at Tyler Texas yard.
Pneumatic Tanker Op/Driver (Current Employee) –  Tyler TexasMay 24, 2015
Been here at Tyler yard since last September. OK job at first. Went to Gonzales Texas some and went to wells some. Guaranteed 12 hours but not pressured and could take time and be safe. Since the bust what a change. Went from 4 on 2 off to 5 on 2 off. 12 hours not guaranteed anymore for folks unless you're in the Club. Now they do no wells. In 12 hours now you're supposed to load at mine, do good 15 minute pre, post and inter inspections plus get your two 15 minute breaks and 1/2 hour lunch stop in and go to Gonzales and back. No break from this grind. Most drivers only half way doing inspections and eating while driving and still not getting done in 12 hours. Add this grind to two hour commute and your quality of life becomes a joke. There is an upside. They have an inner circle we call the cool kids club. Wish I knew membership requirements I'd sure join if I had no conscience. Some weeks they sit at yard or do preloads and sit on their butts and get their 12 hours while us commoners keep grinding out 3000 per week. Management is either unaware or uncaring. Not sure which. If fronted they say there's no way to insure work load is distributed fairly. Hello, do they not know how to read a mileage production report or keep a roster of who had last pre load day and rotate those days around? Communication is practically non existent. They preach safety but they continue the grind. They're headed for a major accident. Not a matter of if but when. Hope I've found something else before it happens. I've already seen on my shift little cracks in the armor. Mental acuity is down  more... from fatigue. Could be a really great job if they'd evaluate and address the communication and fairness issues. It gets old pulling others weight. Policies change with the wind and exceptions are made if your in the Club. Example: no more dispatchers occasionally doing a preload or a Gonzales once a month and rest of time dispatching and drawing driver hourly wages. That lasted until one of their club members needed to make more money. Dispatcher salary wasn't cutting it. I took job because I needed to be home with family medical issues. If I'd know it was gonna go this far south I'd of kept looking. In closing if you come here don't be too old or dark and expect any considerations. They have no interest our value in you. They have management style I thought had went out in the old ICC days. Drivers are a piece of equipment like a trailer or truck. BTW-maintenance is poor and if you report defects in equipment they will continue to operate it until you just raise cain. This I've observed personally numerous times. THIS IS ONLY TYLER YARD. From conversations I've had with south Texas guys they seem to have it pretty good. Vent over.  less
Pros
Decent pay for Tyler
Cons
Always exhausted. Constant grind.
Don't have anything good to say.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXApril 25, 2015
Just like the title says....Management has run off all the good reliable drivers. Most the time all we did was sit around, due to not having enough work for everybody
Pros
Cons
Corporate
Great Place
Compliance Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXApril 21, 2015
I loved working for Jesec. I wish things would have worked out better. Its a very laid back environment but it does get really really busy at times.
Watch Your Step
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TxApril 15, 2015
What originated as a really good place to work has quickly turned upside down. The owners of the company are nonexistent and have handed the torch to the corporate suits in favor of a paycheck, and in doing so...the corporate management is ruining what could easily be a good company to work for. With the slowing down of the oilfield, they are quick to write you up if you sneeze in the wrong direction. Almost two weeks ago we had a lay-off of almost 20 drivers after being told day after day that they weren't laying anyone off...so beware...(they will lie to you). Also be forewarned, you will receive threats of being written up for anything, usually at least once a week from the "District Manager" in Glen Rose.
Pros
It's a job in a slow industry(oil&gas)
Cons
Driver Managers with Ego's, Lay-Off's, Corporate Management
chalk Mountai Services
Driver (Current Employee) –  PleasantonApril 15, 2015
stable place for employeement till oil price drop.
benefits are a bit high for affordablity
The job isn't hard just long days
Long Days hard work
Driver in the oil field (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton TxApril 4, 2015
The hardest part of the job is being on standby. Just sitting in the yard waiting for a job to come in. the best part of the day is when we get to go out and work.
Pros
make great money
Cons
job security
Very poor managment
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Good pay.. Bad management poor equipment ...they watch every step you take ...they treat you like a kid...all they care about is money in their pocket .. very greedy people
It's a job, yes. But do not stay here longer than two weeks. ( SERIOUSLY )
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mansfield TxJanuary 20, 2015
**************** DRIVER BEWARE **************

The management in the main office are GREAT. The recruiters are very professional, and will work with you. That is where it ends.

The owners do not take the time to introduce themselves to you. Even when they pass by the class room that u are testing in. They have about 22 test that you need to pass b4 working.

These test have nothing to do with hauling water. And most of the drivers are not nice at all. I repeat...this includes most off the day drivers. And all of the night drivers. They cry and complain. And act like babies at the day care center, when they don't get their way. The truck's run good, but they are not driver friendly.

Meaning, they are not suitable for this type of job. And don't believe the $20 start pay. $16 with 8 years experience. It's a lie to get you in.

If you have a good driving record, don't apply here.
Pros
it's a job. if you can't find one.
Cons
unpleasant co- workers, management. no 30min breaks, and pay sucks!!!
Great Growing Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXOctober 28, 2014
Though relatively new at Chalk Mountain, I have found this company to be quite a nice fit for me. The family owned company instills professionalism with the kind of respect you only find in the "good old days". All of the owners are hands on and very friendly. upper management is firm.. though they seem to really care about there employees. This is evident in monthly celebrations for Birthdays and Anniversaries. Chalk Mountain is growing very quickly and doesn't seem to be slowing down. I really enjoy working for such a great company.
Very Unprofessional
Compliance Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXOctober 8, 2014
I stayed busy all the time and most of my co workers were great but they were not very professional.
Great Company
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Chalk Mountain it is by far the best job I have ever had. Everyone is great to work with and we stay busy. They have a great management team in place. The owners treat the employees very good and acknowledge there hard work.
Pros
pay and benefits
stepping stone
supervisor/pusher/coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXAugust 26, 2014
Upper management is a joke. Don't expect to get ahead with hard work, dedication, or good values. There's a reason they are always hiring supervisors!
Tanker Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 31, 2014
I have enjoyed the people here and enjoyed the work that I have done, The people are great.
Pros
average pay
Cons
12 hour shifts
Hard Working Growing Company
Safety Director (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton TXMarch 31, 2014
Company is growth oriented and very customer service focused
Drivers Beware
Brine Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Management is condescending, arrogant and micro manages it's drivers. They don't want drivers that are responsible and that can think for themselves; they want steering wheel holders to do what they are told. The atmosphere among drivers is one of snitches, gossip and childish behavior. The corporation gives you almost enough PTO for a week vacation yearly, but if you get sick they mandatorily take your PTO (vacation) from you. PTO doesn't start to accumulate until you have been there 90 days. If you come back from being out sick for any amount of time they send you to their company chiropractor to get a DOT physical recertification. Work is slow for months at a time and they send you home after half a days work, so you work every day, but you still can't pay your bills without overtime if you have a family to support. Management has a bunch of rules that don't make sense and amount to "because I said so" (just to remind you that they are the boss of you). Job security doesn't exist. I would advise all truck drivers to keep looking for a job rather than settle for working for this uncaring corporation.
Pros
home time with your family.
Cons
draconian corporation worthy of a third world country.
Na
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  PLEASANTON, TXJanuary 31, 2014
I reported all information concerning materials transported to oil field companies, for instance: quantity of miles driven, weight of materials, classified materials, trailer, truck , BOL (Bill of Lading) Driver´s name, to determine the driver´s payroll. Besides assisting Chalk Mountain´s human´s resources department by interviewing applicants, determining if they qualified for the position they were seeking.
Pros
distance
Cons
short breaks
World Class Company
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Mandfield, TexasFebruary 27, 2013
This company cares about the employees. They provide a great benefits package, home daily for the drivers and room for advancement.
Pros
ownership - fair, honest and hard working
Good local job with great hometime.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXJune 16, 2012
Not your ordinary truck driving job. Work in the ever changing south Texas weather. Great home time.
Pros
home every day
benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chalk Mountain Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9