Overview: The Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) is looking for a motivated and organized office manager to oversee the daily operations of our headquarters facility and staff. We are looking for someone who is organized, detailed oriented, energetic with a positive attitude that can multi-task daily to ensure the CAF office is well managed and a great place to work.
- Office Management
- Manage Administrative Coordinator/Receptionist: Provide day-to-day management to ensure coverage for all office duties including phone support, mail, shipping, greeting and assisting visitors to CAF
- Facility Maintenance
- Maintain Company Vehicles
- Building Meetings and Event Management: Assist staff by planning and coordinating details for staff and board building meetings and events.
- Incentive Prizes: Work with Development department to coordinate and assist in the purchasing and fulfillment of incentive prizes to fundraisers
- Budget: Responsible to keep CAF within our Administration Budget
- Inventory: Manage all in-house inventory (incoming and outgoing)
- Event Support for San Diego Triathlon Challenge Event (SDTC)
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in office management with prior leadership/managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment that produces events.
- High level of proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, Outlook, Keynote, and other software programs/technology needed to perform job functions. Possess ability to quickly learn new software and technology.
Skills and Abilities:
- Function as team player to include a respectful and positive attitude, honest work ethic and ability to support the overall goals of CAF and the Board of Directors.
- Act as a professional representative of CAF both internally to all staff, volunteers and Board Members and externally to outside donors, corporate partners, fundraisers, suppliers, volunteers and all who come into the CAF offices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate accurately and completely.
- Professional, friendly and outgoing disposition with a strong customer service attitude.
- Strong project management and organization skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks concurrently with responsible follow-through. Ability to be flexible and ability to manage unexpected circumstances or changes.
- To be conscience and detail oriented internally and externally in regards to all work, e-mail correspondence, communications, correspondence, direct mail and any piece of work that has the CAF name associated to it. This includes thoughtful presentation of the message, correct use of spelling and grammar, no slang, profanity or questionable content.
- To work efficiently and meet deadlines or when that is not possible, to effectively communicate prior to missing deadlines why they need to be extended and to set new target dates for completion.
- Must be willing to work some evenings/weekends with increased responsibilities around event dates and attend all relevant CAF events and activities.
- Requires ability to frequently lift and/or move shipments and package up to 10 pounds and sometimes more.
It is the mission of the Challenged Athletes Foundation to provide opportunities and support to people with physical disabilities so they...