Challenger School Employee Reviews

Excellent curriculum, behavior management, and overall program.
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 29, 2014
Each day we worked with children to help them acquire skills needed to be a productive self-reliant individual. This was done through teaching the values of the founding fathers such as independence, working hard, and responsibility.

An advanced curriculum of language arts, math, and science was implemented each day.

I learned how to work with a co-teacher and how to effectively team teach. I also gained the knowledge of how to individualize and personalize lessons to best help the class. Skills of proper behavior management was also acquired for optimal classroom engagement and learning.

The hardest part of my job was not being able to continue on with the kids in their education as the moved up to the next grade.
Pros
working with kids, improving myself in the process of helping the students
Cons
salary
It was one of the best jobs I have had.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UtahMay 6, 2013
I would teach preschool to students with a co-teacher. I learned a lot of patience and how to be effective in short amounts of time. As a preschool teacher of 20 kids, you need to move fast in short amount of times. I also learned positive communication skills and leadership skills. The hardest part of the job was probably when kids would not listen and still being happy when this would happen. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I taught music to all the children.
can be a very fun work place, the fundamentals are great.
Security Escort (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTMarch 8, 2014
I worked here for many years I also attended school here as a child. The basic values are great and the students tend to be expected to be better behaved than their public school counterparts. This makes class room control easier to obtain. However the pressure that is put on the teachers is often over the top and drives a lot of teachers away quickly.
Work Your Way Up
Preschool and Kindergarten Director (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 18, 2012
I spent over 5 years at this company and was sad to leave when I moved out of state. In the right school, you can quickly move up if you have the right manager. There are some schools in need of better Headmasters that are more parent friendly but at the right school you can go far! It's a lot of work and expectations for teachers are high but the money is more than worth it.
Great first teaching job
Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 18, 2014
Co-workers were great.
When I first started here the management was amazing, very supportive and helpful. However, when that changed so did everyone's attitude. There was a general dislike about the company. Getting supplies was hard. School is very cheap and did not provide the books, crayons, etc that was needed.
Pros
off at 3:30pm
Cons
management
a very rewarding job
preschool / kindergarten prep teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAJuly 16, 2014
I loved working for this company.
I had great relationships with my co-workers.
I had to bring work home at times, but overall I really enjoyed my work.The most enjoyable part about this job was seeing the children develop confidence through their learning experiences.
Engaging interactive place to work
Extended Class Teacher (Former Employee) –  Newark, CADecember 7, 2012
A great experience to develop relationship with many different types of people at various ages of development. Good organization and management skills are necessary to in front of a classroom. Must be ready to improvise.
Great school to work for
Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 18, 2015
This is a great place to start a teaching career and grow in your field. Management differs depending on which campus you're in but the curriculum is great and they have experienced teachers as mentors.

Want to know more about Challenger School?

Ask a question