Chamberlain College of Nursing Employee Reviews

Dedicated to graduating BSN nurses that provide extraordinary care
Clinical Coordination Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2016
CCN is a fast paced, result driven, valuing the relationship between clinical partners and the students. Leadership, faculty, and staff are dedicated to providing the best quality education to the students.
Great company to work for.
Career Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2016
They are very engaging toward employees. Nursing students are great to work with and colleagues are helpful. This school is on a fast track for growth. The provide the students with alot of resources to help them be successful.
Pros
Nurturing environment for students to prosper and develop in their nursing education.
Cons
Not much opportunity for growth to non-nursing professional
Wonderful!
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  onlineJuly 19, 2016
I love teaching in the online environment for Chamberlain. I am able to work at my convenience at any time of the day or night in the online asynchronous classroom.
Diploma mill
Assistant Professor, Nursing (Course Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJuly 6, 2016
Admits students with very low gpa and expects that they will do well. Unprofessional leadership and no chance to persue professional development.
Pros
HOURS
Cons
POOR STUDENTS
National Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 23, 2016
In my position I travel throughout the various campuses across the country. Their isn't a strong global culture, it is more localized depending on the Campus President or even Department leads.

Pay is competitive, but varies drastically for the same position.
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 16, 2016
Great place to work. Asynchronous, log in and out according to your schedule, nice pace, management is superb, co-workers are very supportive. Glad to be a part of such an awesome university. Resources are great for both faculty and students.
Pros
Great leaders, work when you can
Disorganized and disfunctional
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 19, 2016
Management is not supportive and available when needed. In order to do your job successfully, you must learn on your own. Do not expect much help from management and national leaders.
Chamberlain Care does not exist for employees
admin (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 19, 2016
The students at the campus are the only aspect of this job that is rewarding. The management does not support or care for it's employees. It is sad because the staff is fantastic and cares for these students, but management is only interested in the bottom line. They preach Chamberlain Care, but only for themselves. If management does not like you personally, not professionally they will figure out a way to target you. The turnover in the college is astronomical, 80% of original staff leaving in the first year. Students at this school are fabulous!
Pros
Students
Cons
management
Chamberlain is a great place to work.
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 1, 2016
A typical day starts with 8:00 am - 11:30 am class, very interactive with highly motivated young adults. Lunch break with colleagues. Conducting a 30 minutes meeting with designated committee members. Midday walk with colleague. 2:30 - 5:30 pm class. My days are varied and enjoyable. A really supportive environment.
Best Job Ever!
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  Virtual onlineApril 14, 2016
I love working for CCN as visiting professor online! True support from faculty managers and constant professional development. So fun to teach students from all over the world!
Pros
Love the teaching tools and diversity in classroom.
Cons
None! Just wish I could be full time!
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2016
Great place to work and great people. Really has been a wonderful experience. Would recommend that anyone who wants to begin a career in nursing education look into the job opportunities at Chamberlain. There are several locations throughout the United States.
Excellent School To Work For
Adjunct Nursing Faculty - Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Grayslake, ILMarch 5, 2016
Chamberlain College of Nursing is an excellent school to work for. They are flexible with scheduling and the faculty are all so nice and easy to get along with. I have learned a lot from them and have gathered some great teaching resources along the way. The hardest part of the job is sometimes the only clinical availability is far and the commute can be stressful; however you are able to choose from the available clinical sites and can avoid those if you choose to. The sessions are only 8 weeks long, so the commitment is not too bad. They also run year round, so you do not have to worry about finding other work during the summer. The program really cares about the success of their students and strives to provide them with the very best resources, including a state of the art simulation lab. The hourly pay is also great!
Pros
Income, State of the art sim lab
Cons
Part time, so no benefits, clinical sites can be far away
great learning environment
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 13, 2016
This school has great teachers, and I feel that have prepared me very well to go into the nursing field. I have gained knowledge inside of the classroom along with being able to apply what I have learned in clinical settings.
Excellent
Clinical Learning Lab -Simulation specialist (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJanuary 30, 2016
Excellent employer. Diverse populations. Very fair. recommend to friends and colleagues. Excellent growth opportunities.
Pros
Exciting to work with nurses in education sector
Cons
Exciting and great professional work evironment
Student Nurse Career Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2016
A typical day at work is when I arrive at Chamberlain College of Nursing and meet up with my members from National Student Nurses Association (NSNA) and collaborate with new projects and events for the week. As the day goes on I complete my projects for new nursing graduates and provide information regarding upcoming Hospital openings. I then review my agenda to my manager and keep her up to date regarding which graduate has scheduled there NCLEX exam date. The best part of working at my nursing school is that I communicate with a lot of students who are new to the campus and provide extensive information that can help them understand why we are a great asset to there future. The hardest part is not having enough hours in the day to extend my resources as being Vice President in NSNA to everyone, while still doing my part as a student nurse career service coordinator.
Pros
Participating in new orientation events for student nurses
Cons
not enough hours in the day
Summary
COMPLIANCE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 28, 2016
I was responsible for coordinating student and faculty compliance requirements and maintaining compliance records for all nursing programs, including pre and post licensure students. I was also resposible for representing the College to clinical agencies, deans, faculty, students , clinical coordinators, and the community through clinical health audits and effective communication with all clinical stakeholders. My everyday job included collecting, managing, and evaluating appropriate documentation related to clinical education, including but not limited to health & physical screening, immunizations, and CPR certifications. I had to demonstrates proficiency in systems used to track compliance data and generate reports; responsible for electronic and hard-copy storage and access to accurate student compliance information database. I job also included understands and complies with audit procedures to prevent non-complaint students or faculty admission into a clinical setting. I was also complete other special projects and duties to assure clinical compliance requirements are met.
Professor
Nursing Educator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Teaching culture is positive and challenging. Classes are taught in a traditional setting with on-line computer enhancement for lessons and curriculum. Classes are taught to in an accelerated environment so students achieve a BSN in three years rather than four years. Onsite recruitment and committee participation is expected of instructors which takes up at least 25% of time outside classroom teaching and grading of assignments. Professors must adhere to strict guidelines in teaching culture and may not always be accommodated when stressors arise in the environment.
Pros
Good chance for advancement
Cons
Not always conducive to support of instructors when requested.
what you learned
Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
Chamberlain college of nursing showed me how to become a good nurse. in chamberlain thy teach me what is important to become a good nurse
Great job
Adjunct Faculty FNP Program (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILOctober 18, 2015
Teach RN to become NPs. I teach the assessment class online and in person clinical weekend. I enjoy teaching others how to be great providers.
Very supportive faculty and manaagement team
On-line Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 16, 2015
Very supportive faculty and manaagement team. Desire a full time job with this company. Loved working for chamberlain; however, i was hired at a brick and mortar school full-time and would love to change to full-time on-line
Pros
VERY SUPPORTIVE FACULTY AND MANAAGEMENT TEAM.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chamberlain College of Nursing. Our community is ready to answer.

Chamberlain College of Nursing Reviews by Location