Chamberlain College of Nursing Employee Reviews

Day at CCN
Career Services Advisor/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 3, 2017
Typical Day 8-5pm; Not micromanaged; Miscommunication often occurs; Pay needs to be better; Working with students can be fun part; Random changes made
Pros
Not micro-managed
Cons
Pay not enough
Student focus
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 30, 2017
Chamberlain is a good company. Focused on student outcome. Focused on numbers for profitability. Did not work for the company long enough to provided an informed decision about the culture and the value of the employees
Fun work place
Addmissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 28, 2017
Spent a good portion of my day reaching out to students to help them achieve their educational goals. There was also a good deal of administrative work that needed to be completed as well
Great work environment
TEACH values
MSN faculty
new campus
simulation lab
state of the art equipment
Pros
all nursing
Cons
no breaks
Nurses are no joke
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2017
The management and environment that I was apart of I will hold dear to my heart. Many close friends came out of this culture and it is because this was a great position. The pay is not there for a recruiting position and I had to move on but I cherish the memories I had working there.
Excellent place to work!
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43209June 7, 2017
Great place to work! Faculty's work collaboratively for students success. The organization stands for its commitment to producing extraordinary nurses to take of the healthcare needs of the society.
Nurturing and friendly culture
Clinical Coordination Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2017
The people are great. Most colleagues get along, which makes the workday easier to handle. Management is good in comparison to many others I've had. This will vary depending on department and campus.I have gained a great amount of knowledge across different departments within higher education. There are some tedious task as there are with many jobs, but I would not say that anything is hard. I mostly enjoy the relationships built with colleagues and students that I had the pleasure mentor and guide.
Pros
A lot of food
Cons
Short task turnaround due to excelerated program
cookin
STUDENT SERVICES OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 2, 2017
The work place was a great environment most of the time despite the shambles upper management was in. The overall spirit of the shop was a joyful and happy as everyday was a potluck day in the shop. All the stylist were smiling and friendly and the clients were as thou they were family . The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smiles on their faces as they left the shop belly's full and hair looking beautiful.
Pros
Offered great training video's a great place to start your career
Cons
Needed more hands on classes opposed to video's to advance skills
Flexible student position
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 31, 2017
Working for Chamberlain College of Nursing as a student and peer tutor was a great opportunity to advance my nursing skills. The most rewarding part of this job was helping peers increase their nursing knowledge base.
Nice place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
Nice place to work. Good company good benefits. Professional staff that cares about the well being of all the students. Very student oriented school. Good place to work.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Do not work at chamberlain
Campus relationships (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILMay 23, 2017
They don't care about anything other than their profit margin.

Don't ask for a raise and don't ask questions especially when it comes to the board of nursing.

They have leaders in place that only care about themselves and their salaries. They say they CARE, but it's not true unless you were green with a president inked on you.

Some campuses may be good, but they are not all the same.

Workplace harassment is okay in the culture and is practiced by most managers. There was a manager that had a HIT LIST of who she wanted removed. Everyone knew it including the president, and no body did anything.
Pros
free food, OFFICE Windows discount
Cons
They don't care who they drag through the mud.
Work environment
Student Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 18, 2017
This job is very stressful and lacks organization and consistency. The employees are very judgmental and I find it very hard to provide provide adequate advising to students.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Long hours, stressful
Care of Students is excellent
Manager Student Services (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2017
Great school for producing excellent nurses. Has become more driven recently to the bottom line as it relates to employees-doing more with less. Great faculty and staff at the campus.
School
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2017
School educated us very well and taught us all the skills needed to become a registered nurse. One down side was the cost of the college, but in all Chamberlain prepared me to pass the NCLEX on the first attempt in 75 questions.
Bullying and poor leadership
Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 11, 2017
This university has potential to be a great workplace, however, the Jacksonville campus has had a long history of high turnover. After working there for nearly 3 years, I must leave due to poor leadership. The staff turnover in the last 2 years has reached 17 faculty and sim lab. The bullying and incivility goes unchecked and there is zero promotion or recognition from the administrators. Students disrespect faculty to the point of name-calling in front of Deans and there is absolutely zero support. The students are allowed to treat faculty with horrible attitudes and at times even threatening behaviors. No discipline is applied by the Deans or follow through. A very sad environment to a place where "Caring" is the motto.
Pros
Great philosophy
Cons
Horrible Leadership
Fun place to work
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2017
I was only a student worker. It was a great experience to work in the simulation lab. I would recommend it to anyone. I'm only writing this to get enough characters. LOL.
Good company
Senior Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 22, 2017
Good company to work for. Wish there was more consistency in requirements for promotion. Once you hit certain metrics, it should be a guaranteed promotion.

The most enjoyable part of the job was by far working with students. Watching trainees develop into amazing advisors was a close second.
Pros
Student Focused
Cons
Healthcare
review
Visiting Nurse Professor (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 11, 2017
Excellent place to work as a nurse educator. They provide the template to teach the course making this a wonderful atmosphere. The curriculum is evidence-based and provides students with a great BSN education.
Chamberlain College of Nursing
Admission Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2017
CCN offers a great place for work/life balance and flexibility with scheduling. The pay and benefits are good, and there is tuition reimbursement. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of room for growth unless you are willing to relocate.
Flexible schedule, proficient students
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 11, 2017
Chamberlain has been a very good fit for adjunct roles, however not a lot of room to move into virtual FT roles. Students are prepared for courses and have solid writing skills.
Pros
Flexible, appropriately compensated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chamberlain College of Nursing. Our community is ready to answer.

Chamberlain College of Nursing Reviews by Location