Chamberlin Edmonds

Chamberlin Edmonds Employer Reviews

See previous review
Resolve Application Specialist (Former Employee), Ashland, KYMarch 25, 2014
I worked as a temporary employee prior to being hired through Manpower Services. My duties were much the same as I listed in the previous review.
A friendly work environment. Staff has shown constant support
Health Care Representative/Patient Advocate (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaMarch 19, 2014
Pros: being able to help patients and their families
Duties as a Health Care Representative/Patient Advocate. Start the day reviewing self pay patients. Completed financial and medical screenings for medical or disability coverage. Received extensive training in medical terminology for federal disability. worked closely with patients and their families. The joys of the job was being able to help the patients – more... seek and get approval for medical coverage. Co-workers worked closely together as one unit. – less
Stressful place to work
Health Care Representative (Current Employee), Detroit, MiMarch 1, 2014
Pros: you are helping people
Cons: management was the worst
The job itself is a great job to go to everyday. It's self rewarding and the pay is decent. Management is uncaring and rude. Advancement is non existent. If management were better the job could have been perfect.
Excellent Company to work for
Assistant District Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: able to travel and see the world one state at a time.
Cons: none at this time
I have been with this company going on 5 years now and have excelled in the company. I began my career in West Virginia as an HCR and was allowed to transfer to Salt Lake City, Utah, Solfolk, Virginia, and Greenville, South Carolina where I began from the ground up a new contract with Chamberlin Edmonds in March 2013. This past month (January 2014) – more... less than a year into our new contract, my team is number 7 nationwide. Chamberlin Edmonds currently has close to 400 hospitals. – less
Great Benefits
Healthcare Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: due to medicaid expansion my position is not secure
I love helping patients that do not have insurance. I get to talk to new and exciting people every day.
Productive, self rewarding place to work
Resolve Application Specialist (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: independant work environment
Cons: short lunches
A typical day at work consists of calling patients to obtain needed verifications such as bank information, employment/salary information, verifications of resources such as homes, vehicles, retirement accounts, etc. Once these verifications are received they are submitted to state and federal offices with patient’s application. Follow-up calls are – more... made on a bi-weekly basis to let the patient know the status of his/her application. Once approved all medical bills are then paid. If denied, the proper steps are taken to appeal the decision. While working her I have learned patience and commitment, with both patients and co-workers. Everyone is always willing to help each other, but sometimes there is tension among co-workers that you have to work with. Management is great as they are always willing to help if you have an issue. They are good about applauding you for success you have gained. I think the hardest part of the job is getting patients to cooperate with you when asking for verifications. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting approvals and changing people’s lives. – less
Great place to wrok
Resolve Application Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: potluck monthly bonuses
Cons: not enough oppurtunity for advancement
No opportunity for advancement unless employed by hospital
New Management
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: helping with government application to provide assistance with much needed funding
Cons: company changed owners twice than merged very uncertain enviorment
The work load it self was vey rewarding as we worked with hospital and patients with applying for Medicaid and other funding to help with their hospital expenses.
productive, and busy workplace.
Medical Claims Processor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2013
A typical work day is filled with a lot of paper work. I have learned how to use different computer systems. My co-workers are very knowledgeable of the job and task required. They are also very helpful and fun to work with. There is really nothing hard about this job. The most enjoyable part is being able to sit down and work at a desk.
Good overall company with a great objective; mgmnt issues ruined the experience.
Health Care Representative (Former Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 11, 2013
Pros: good training program
Cons: inadequate staffing, micromanagers w/biases;
Great training program for new hires. They invest alot in the success of new employees. New managers should be trained as much in the principles of effectively and fairly managing a diverse employee group. Local managers should also be reviewed for the errors they make by someone.

Everyday was overwhelmingly busy. Not enough staff to adequately handle – more... the workload. Time demands on staff unrealistic. Micro management practices focused on wrong issues. Managers were biased and had favorites. Best not to be one they didn't like. No compassion for employee's personal issues unless you were a favorite.

Co-workers were great unless there were part of the "chosen' group -then watch your back. Made for alot of tension in the office setting. Couldn't trust some people you were supposed to depend on.

The work itself with clients is very rewarding. – less
Productive place to work with a diverse group of people
Health Care Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2013
Pros: wonderful group of people to work with, company focus is truly on achieving positive outcomes for their clients
Cons: limited choices on health insurance options, some members of management lack professionalism, knowledge and leadership skills, limited promotional opportunities
Work is very rewarding. A sense of purpose with helping the public.
The company has excellent morals
Admin. Assistant, Client Support Spec. (Former Employee), Hampton, VAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: rewarding feeling.
Cons: n/a
This was the best job I ever had, and if you could see my resume I have had a lot. Great people, excellent company. Love what they do and what they stand for. Left work every day feeling like I helped someone.
Best work environment, great culture, excellent support system.
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee), KYOctober 16, 2013
Pros: too many to list here
Cons: quitting time
I simply enjoyed looked forward to going to work. Best place to be, and best people to work with.
Health Care Rep
Senior Health Care Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Screen inpatient for health benefits that come in as self pays, such as federal and state benefits.
Productive and easygoing environment
BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: little opportunity for overtime
Load Medicaid eligibility in assigned hospital's billing system and bill Medicaid claims.
Review Medicaid denials, correct and resubmit claims
Review Medicaid payments for accuracy
Notate and update accounts in assigned hospital's system
Complete weekly and monthly reports
Horrible place to worl
Health Care Representative (Former Employee), Conway, SCOctober 3, 2013
Long hours with no overtime
Management only cares about numnbers
Overall Job
Exe. Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: my position. i loved what i did
Cons: i was smiled in my face and trated otherwise
While I gave my all with this company, I still felt like I was not appreciated. I learned from working int he Executve office and what is preceived is not what really is. ou have to watch your back constanly. I love my job and gave 120%
great way to help people
Healthcare Representative (Current Employee), Newark, NJAugust 26, 2013
Chamberlin Edmonds helps individuals apply for medical insurance, such as Medicaid and Social Security. This is a great way to help individuals as well as get experience.
It was a small company that treated its employee well.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaJuly 9, 2013
Pros: being able to set you own hours and work from home one to two days a week.
Cons: to drive it took me 45 mins one way.
So that made it a nice place to work. Most of the time I felt like family was around me.Everyone worked togeter as a team to get the work completed. able to work from home if the weather was bad.
Worst Job ever
RAS/HCR (Current Employee), OregonMay 22, 2013
Pros: working with state and federal agencies
Cons: employees knowledge of programs and policies are better than their managers
Expected to work with no compansation for extra hours. Managers change hours on time cards to avoid any over time pay. High turn over rate in management. Little to no training for RAS. Often times managers took credit for discoveries employees found. Hospitals think we are doing a great service and many times we are just ripping them off.

About Chamberlin Edmonds

Chamberlin Edmonds, an Emdeon company, is a leading provider of comprehensive eligibility and enrollment services with over 26 – Read more