Champion Foods Employee Reviews

Champion Foods
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2017
The owner was probably the most loyal boss I have ever had. I would consider him to be a friend more than anything. Had he not chosen to retire and close the business, I would have retired from this company.
Great Learning Environment
International Business Consultant Intern (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 25, 2017
Amazing place to work. Could not enjoy going in each day more than I do. Flexible hours, good pay. I have learned so much about the food industry and both domestic and international trade as well.
Pros
Free lunches often, good hours
Cons
Unstructured at times
great job
production worker/ assembly / machine operator (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MINovember 29, 2016
good job for anyone whos looking to become long term or wants to make a career out of.. also has nice people , supervisors are very helpful in plenty of room to expand
opportunity to grow
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New Boston, MIAugust 23, 2016
What I like about the champion is that there is opportunity to grow. Hard work does pay off. I work with a lot of great coworker. I love making people laugh because I believe that the best attitude to have at work. No job is perfect but champion is close to that. I also learn how to say hello in different languages which is cool.
Pros
Coworker, award banguet, opportunity to move up
Cons
Not a lot of places around to eat.
Great place to work if you want to gain experience in various positions & advance quickly
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MIJuly 20, 2016
A typical day for me at this job was never typical at all which is something i loved. I held various positions at this job from production worker, to production technician, to production lead, then finally maintenance technician. I even acquired a forklift licence and assisted logistics on weekends whenever i was not working maintenance. The management there were about as good as it gets. There approachable and will help anyone who is motivated to advance. There was not anything hard about this job everything was easy. Sometimes you will have to do tedious jobs and its hard to be motivated but that is anywhere really. The most enjoyable part of this job was having the privilege to learn everything i learned and advance as quickly as i did. I am not saying everyone will be able to advance as quickly but if your motivated enough there is no limit to where you can go, and no telling what position you may end up in.
Pros
opportunity, cool managers
Cons
short breaks, modest pay compared to competitors
productive and fun work place
General Labor (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MIFebruary 17, 2016
cleaning up after others and dealing with stress of every day people getting to meet and greet one people on a daily basis
Lack of communication
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MINovember 15, 2015
Thursday thru Sunday for the sanitation crew. Great if you have children for school. Other than that....lack of communication with management. If you have a negative attitude or whatever they will replace you.
Assembly line (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MIJuly 16, 2015
The worst job ever! Management is horrible they don't care about you at all, all they care about is keeping the line moving & how much they can package. I don't recommend this job to anybody.
not a good work place
sanitation (Former Employee) –  new boston miJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work is like being sick everyday just not a good place to work for I did learn how to clean machinery. the best part about the job is my co workers. the management was not good at all
Pros
free snacks
Cons
bad management
Home Aid
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MIApril 30, 2015
Had to take care of people in their homes. I had to provide transportation to and from the doctor. But I did like some of the patients they were very nice.
very relaxed and helpful production areas
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MIMarch 28, 2015
a typical day at champion foods was for me to simply keep the production line filled with product to be packaged by line workers. I also was flexible with my position and was ordered sometimes to help with packaging
Pros
my work load was not as much as previous jobs
Cons
the job was a little too far
fast pace work place, great supervisor to work with,enjoy working with co-workers
Sanitation Lead (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 14, 2014
my work day is typically fast paced and detailed work. checking cleaned work areas for quality assurance. my training as taught me what foreign materials could contaminate food products and what proper procedures to follow to decrease or eliminate potential problems. my supervisor is a great guy to work for we share the same passion for our job making sure we do our part in providing safe food to our customers and families tables.I enjoy my job as a sanitarian i take pride in knowing that safe food is being produced do to my cleaning practices and knowledge of cleaning procedures
Pros
great supervisor to work under and learn from
Cons
short notice of schedule changes
ok
production worker (Current Employee) –  New Boston, MIOctober 26, 2014
fast paced. coworkers are nice. lack of communication from top down. learning new jobs is very enjoyable.
Terrible Work Enviroment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MIJanuary 12, 2014
No respect or concern for employees. Opportunities of advancement promised but never followed through.
Fun Place to work
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MIJanuary 3, 2014
Couldn't ask for a better job with the Ilitch's - Great company to work for
Packaging And Shipping Company great team atmosphere
line worker (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MISeptember 2, 2013
I enjoyed working at Champion foods I learned how to work as a team to get the job done my co workers were very positive and helpful most enjoyable and hardest part was steady fast pace working line.
Fun coworkers but little advancement
Assembly Line Technician (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MIFebruary 4, 2013
There was no upscale, i stayed a temp for a whole year, but the atmosphere was great, and worked very hard.
fast Paced work enviroment
Production Tech (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MIJuly 2, 2012
Responsiable for the set up and changeover of the lines. Required to maintain the quality of the products made at all cost and ensure that we made deadlines for customers.
Pros
close to home and convient hours
Cons
worked six days a week most weeks with very minimual time off
Working Midnights
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  New Boston, MIJune 3, 2012
Daily Pre-Op
Calibration of all the equipment
Over seeing everything production produces.
Every half hour I do a round and check the Ph, H20, and aw levels in the product.
Assure the safety of the product.
Testing the yeast.
Testing the pre-mix.
Testing the Ph levels in the sanitizer we clean with.
Pros
co workers, testing of new product
Cons
working midnights.