Champion Foods Employee Reviews

Productive and relaxed atmosphere
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  New Boston, MISeptember 26, 2017
The days vary some days are slower and some days are fast paced. It can be fun at times. I work with a very knowledgeable crew. We have fun and work hard together.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Short breaks and 7 day work weeks.
Great environment best company I've ever worked for
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MISeptember 7, 2017
I started out as a team lead in the sanitation department. I really liked it there but I reached my ceiling fast so I left for position in maintenance. I loved working with my hands so it was more of a dream job for me I enjoyed coming to work everyday and learning new things. I took to it really fast each day was different some days would be busy with thing breaking down all over the plant. Other day I would literally have to search for something to do.
Pros
the opportunity for advancement
Cons
the days we didn't have much work to do
Fun Job with fun people.
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MIAugust 2, 2017
Pretty relaxed job. Stay busy all day. Have paid breaks and non paid lunch. Hours where good and days off good. nothing bad to say. I only worked there for a short time because of a better job offer.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
have to where hair nets.
the place gives jobs to people other wise wouldn't have a way to support themselves
Assembler (Current Employee) –  New Boston, MIAugust 1, 2017
Atypical day at work: Getting protective clothing on for sanitary purpose, clocking in having hand scanned (which I don't like doing ) Go to my station of work an set up products on line an d Start
Pros
Money
Cons
Co-workers not doing the job right
Great work place
Line Worker/Packer (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MIMay 3, 2017
Very fun easy. Alot of perks like free cookies and things. Staff are very helpful and u have like seven call off they hire u in with in 7 months. A nice long term job.
decent job
Factory Operator (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MIMarch 11, 2017
consistent hours, and room to move up. a great full time hourly factory job. A bit unorganized and management problems. good temp job. give you a chance to learn about factory life.
Champion Foods
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2017
The owner was probably the most loyal boss I have ever had. I would consider him to be a friend more than anything. Had he not chosen to retire and close the business, I would have retired from this company.
Great Learning Environment
International Business Consultant Intern (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 25, 2017
Amazing place to work. Could not enjoy going in each day more than I do. Flexible hours, good pay. I have learned so much about the food industry and both domestic and international trade as well.
Pros
Free lunches often, good hours
Cons
Unstructured at times
great job
production worker/ assembly / machine operator (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MINovember 29, 2016
good job for anyone whos looking to become long term or wants to make a career out of.. also has nice people , supervisors are very helpful in plenty of room to expand
opportunity to grow
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New Boston, MIAugust 23, 2016
What I like about the champion is that there is opportunity to grow. Hard work does pay off. I work with a lot of great coworker. I love making people laugh because I believe that the best attitude to have at work. No job is perfect but champion is close to that. I also learn how to say hello in different languages which is cool.
Pros
Coworker, award banguet, opportunity to move up
Cons
Not a lot of places around to eat.
Easy to learn new jobs hard to work with people
TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  New Boston, MIJuly 28, 2016
A typical day at work is hectic with change overs and no one is ever on the same page. You work hard with little to no recognition. I've learned how to do every job within the plant but no room to move up. Management is fine depending on the shift you work and some co-workers are good people while others are not. The hardest part about my job is getting the dough to stay consistent threw temperature change. The most enjoyable part about my job is getting to conversate with co-workers and working.
Pros
Award ceremony, Christmas party, company bbq, overtime
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work if you want to gain experience in various positions & advance quickly
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MIJuly 20, 2016
A typical day for me at this job was never typical at all which is something i loved. I held various positions at this job from production worker, to production technician, to production lead, then finally maintenance technician. I even acquired a forklift licence and assisted logistics on weekends whenever i was not working maintenance. The management there were about as good as it gets. There approachable and will help anyone who is motivated to advance. There was not anything hard about this job everything was easy. Sometimes you will have to do tedious jobs and its hard to be motivated but that is anywhere really. The most enjoyable part of this job was having the privilege to learn everything i learned and advance as quickly as i did. I am not saying everyone will be able to advance as quickly but if your motivated enough there is no limit to where you can go, and no telling what position you may end up in.
Pros
opportunity, cool managers
Cons
short breaks, modest pay compared to competitors
productive and fun work place
General Labor (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MIFebruary 17, 2016
cleaning up after others and dealing with stress of every day people getting to meet and greet one people on a daily basis
Lack of communication
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MINovember 15, 2015
Thursday thru Sunday for the sanitation crew. Great if you have children for school. Other than that....lack of communication with management. If you have a negative attitude or whatever they will replace you.
Assembly line (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MIJuly 16, 2015
The worst job ever! Management is horrible they don't care about you at all, all they care about is keeping the line moving & how much they can package. I don't recommend this job to anybody.
not a good work place
sanitation (Former Employee) –  new boston miJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work is like being sick everyday just not a good place to work for I did learn how to clean machinery. the best part about the job is my co workers. the management was not good at all
Pros
free snacks
Cons
bad management
Home Aid
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MIApril 30, 2015
Had to take care of people in their homes. I had to provide transportation to and from the doctor. But I did like some of the patients they were very nice.
very relaxed and helpful production areas
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New Boston, MIMarch 28, 2015
a typical day at champion foods was for me to simply keep the production line filled with product to be packaged by line workers. I also was flexible with my position and was ordered sometimes to help with packaging
Pros
my work load was not as much as previous jobs
Cons
the job was a little too far
fast pace work place, great supervisor to work with,enjoy working with co-workers
Sanitation Lead (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 14, 2014
my work day is typically fast paced and detailed work. checking cleaned work areas for quality assurance. my training as taught me what foreign materials could contaminate food products and what proper procedures to follow to decrease or eliminate potential problems. my supervisor is a great guy to work for we share the same passion for our job making sure we do our part in providing safe food to our customers and families tables.I enjoy my job as a sanitarian i take pride in knowing that safe food is being produced do to my cleaning practices and knowledge of cleaning procedures
Pros
great supervisor to work under and learn from
Cons
short notice of schedule changes
ok
production worker (Current Employee) –  New Boston, MIOctober 26, 2014
fast paced. coworkers are nice. lack of communication from top down. learning new jobs is very enjoyable.