Champion Window Employee Reviews in United States

Great
Sole warehouse representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 5, 2016
Was trained well in the overall daily tasks performed by the multiple job crews. I was able to perform my daily tasks in an affordable manner as dictated by my supervisor.
Pros
Worked alone except when dictated by supervisor
Cons
Worked part-time when crews were not available
Don't work for Champion!
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 28, 2016
Management at this company is terrible. Verbal abuse and intimidation are commonplace. When this happened to me, I took it to HR, who promptly told me I had no grounds to complain. ZERO accommodation is made for family life, and my position was expected to work more overtime than most other positions combined, even though after 10 hours O.T. you made less and less than time and a half. In short, this place sucks!
Pros
Pay was decent, 1 hour lunches were nice.
Cons
Poor and intimidating management, no family life accommodation
great people to work with, sales commission based.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 25, 2016
great working environment, in home sales and consulting, some travel, commission based, showroom duties for sales. great supervisor-boss. fit in with my education and personality. great people to work with. hit and miss on sales leads.
Pros
self motivating, good management support, fair compensation.
Cons
6 day work week, slow sales at times, lots of travel time in own car.
A large company with room for a special rep.
Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 4, 2016
Good environment to learn the home improvement industry. Company provided leads and support. Great company to work for.
watch your back!
Measure Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 13, 2016
management is very self-absorbed, and will tell you whatever you want to hear. I was lied to, and lied on, and forced to do their job, so they didn't have to. scheming, mental abuse and deceit is just accepted practice. when this was pointed out to upper management, I got the usual song and dance with no results.
Champion Windows
Staff / Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 11, 2015
LOTS of turnover! Do NOT take a contract to permanent position!!! The actual accounting work and financial analysis is great work.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
LOTS of turnover at all levels
good comp
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 2, 2015
good company large compnay but good people was slowat times would work for em again but i moved from ga great peope knew their jobs
Pros
large company good beenie
Cons
slow
fun place to work and plenty of leads
Factory Rep (Former Employee) –  Canton maSeptember 19, 2015
I had plenty o leads and the management really helped foster a productive work environment. All leads are provided by the company, although they do encourage self generated leads. It is totally up to you how much money you make, and there is plenty of opportunity for a great income.
Wonderful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 12, 2015
Love this place. They always bend over backwards to help you if your schedule needs adjusting. Regular raises and bonuses as well.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Our participation in the health benefits is real high, coverage is 80%
slow job with no advancement
window maker (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OhioJune 11, 2015
The work I did at Champion was boring and slow pace which was not for me. The workers were nice but the managers were nowhere to be found most of the time. Overtime was never offer so I decided to move on.
Champion Window shows their employees that they are first.
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 5, 2015
You learn everyday how to handle a new situation by being the liaison between the customer and management. Working closely with management made a point to learns the ins and outs of building and installing of our products. The hardest part of any customer service job is for your customer to be satisfied. Hence, bringing the most enjoyable part, a satisfied customer.
Pros
The staff ability to work together from upper management to the associates
Not Applicable
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2014
Former VP moved on. Corporate hired a new manager. Problems started.
Pros
not applicable
Cons
not applicable
Sales rep
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 7, 2014
Great window but over priced. Unethical pricing, sales don't matter...initial price is always 30-40% higher than actual cost. Company pays 5% at par and 3% if your within 10% of par. Par on windows are around 750 a window. Company has increased pricing twice in the last year. A total of about 10 %. Leads are not confirmed... So you run a lot of one leggers.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
prices, hours and poor benefits
Great sales team with good support from management
Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 30, 2014
Our team pioneered a canvassing program that generated an increase of over $3 million in sales in about 90 days. Great sales experience and challenging.
Great co-workers
Manager (Former Employee) –  MidwestFebruary 8, 2014
Long hours for minimal pay, many promises not kept. Whatever you did was never enough. No sense of accomplishment. Perks with the job were nice. Twice the work for half the pay from several years ago, but that's the state of the country.
Pros
co. vehicle, credit cards and gas cards
Cons
no sense of accomplishment, long, hours . made half of what the people i supervised made.
This office is poorly run and one cannot make a living working there.
Factory Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 8, 2013
Earning potential is severely misrepresented at this location. Extreme high rate of turnover due to this.
Pros
pleasant office staff.
Cons
leads are not qualified and they rarely result in a sale.
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 8, 2013
I love my job. The company is family orientated and friendly. A great place to work. Most of the job duties are redundant but its a retail manufacturing company and that can be expected.
Built Storm Windows, Storm Doors and Garden Windows
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHMarch 21, 2013
Received an order for a window or door with measurements and had to build it from scratch. Used heavy machinary to make welds and cuts. At end of day, had to have at least two or three of anything built and ready to be shipped. The hardest part of the job were the numbers and equipment. Some of the heavy machinary that we used to make the windows were old and needed to be upgraded but administration did not want to spend the money on upgraded machines. This made the welds break sometimes during assembly. Then we had to start over and administration still wanted the numbers out no matter the situation. As for numbers, two is duable. Three is not. I could do three storm doors in a day but not three Garden Windows. As that new number changed later in my employment there, I realized this was not a place I could stay because I would not be able to do what they were asking. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship you build with the people there. You are fairly close to people and get to know them well.
Pros
relationship with employees
Cons
repetitious and very difficult to accomplish what administration asks of you
Installer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 22, 2013
Get my schedule and see what I have to build for the day. I learned how to build sunrooms. The management and coworkers are okay.
The only hardest part of the job is unloading the tractor trailer and the most enjoyable part of the work is to see the finished product
Pros
christmas party, bonuses once in awhile
Cons
healthcare
Hires new employees when not able to.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 21, 2013
They are always hiring, only to lay off due to not enough work.