Champion Employee Reviews

everybody is there to succeed and help no matter what
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 30, 2017
fantastic place to work. From top management all the way down. Everybody wants you to succeed even though you are all trying to find sellers and buyers in the same community.
competitive
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 27, 2017
It was a good place to work, except that the older employees did not like to train. This led to unnecessary arguments, and wasted production. Otherwise this is an excellent company, with outstanding chances of advancement. The room to grow is there, the work is very hard, but nevertheless its very worth it.
benefits
Cons
older employees
the Champion experience
Vap Operator (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at Champion consisted of non stop work, depending on how you work determines whether the work would be stressful or not. What I learned about this job is you have to stay to yourself. Management was okay, there were a few cons more than positive feedback. The workplace culture is what you make it to be. The hardest part of the Job is not being familiar with working on a time limit, if you are not use to it, it can be a little stressful. The enjoyable part of the job is break.
Pros
you have the option to go permanate
Cons
you don't know when you have the weekends off
Kohls
Kohls Credit Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2017
Kohls is a good job to work at but there is not much room from growth. Great pay for customer service. I just feel I'm to old to be working there. Positive environment. Just want a better job with more pay and more opportunities to move up in the company
good environment
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCAugust 20, 2017
typical day at work included material handling , operating forklift to move pallets to various locations all around the warehouse, packaging the boxes for shipping
not a fun place to work
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 2, 2017
the management is bad is really unorganized the other people are really unorganized its not a enjoyable place to work i learn how to pulled orders a typical day at work was that they gave me all the orders to take out and pulled it myself because the rest of the employs did not show up or they show up once i was done pulling all the orders.
Pros
1 hr luch
Cons
dont get paid overtime
great company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 14, 2017
I love working for Champion because I get to be involved in others life's that need my help. I love the office staff there as well. The owner has a open door and you can always go to her if you have any problems.
site Director/ asst
Site director/asst (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, NJJune 11, 2017
Organizing games, trips, getting involved with children. Indoor and outside games.
Keeping attendance, crafts. Having fun
ordering equipment for children
Hardworking American Brands
Store Manager I (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 4, 2017
Champion is part of the Hanesbrands family. They are iconic brands in the American household. We should all support them. Like a lot of American brands they're tightening their belts to survive. They make quality products that they stand behind and Americans should support that by buying their products. It might be worth spending another nickel or dime to buy something with their label on it but I can assure you that if there is something wrong with it they'll fix it for you. Working for this company was a great experience and I feel like we accomplished a lot while I was there. I wish them continued success and if you are considering Hanesbrands as a future employer the pay was competitive and the benefits were solid.
Pros
Employees are respected, given lot's of opportunities to shine.
Cons
Open EVERY holiday
Fun place
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Laurel Hill, NCDecember 29, 2016
It s a good place for formerly high school students who looking for a job. It's an easy job to do there's nothing hard about it. They have a good environment and people but the winter time is their worst time of the year. You can hardly get any hours
Director, Corporate Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 18, 2016
Champion is a great place to work with a good work life balance. Management is very easy to work with and they give employees room to grow within the company.
Good group of people to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 20, 2016
A typical day at work is data entry and helping others.
I have learned Specifics in several jobs to help out when a co-worker is sick or on vacation.
The Management, for the most part is concerned about your well being and quality of work.
The hardest part of the job would be, at this point in time, keeping busy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a good group of co-workers that try to help each other out when needed.
Pros
Being able to take of work in cases of emergencies.
Cons
Typically being asked/told to work overtime at last minute.
clothing manufacturer
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCSeptember 21, 2016
the best part of the job were the coworkers. Many opportunities for advancement. Before I left this job I was a lead person. Only reason I left the plant shut down/laid off.
Left Champion (Simpson) due to imminent plant closure.
Electrical / Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2016
Was an enjoyable but dangerous place to work. I had to maintain many different types of equipment including cranes, VFDs, DC drives, synchronous motors, etc.
Pros
Very friendly people.
Cons
Short breaks, etc.
Productive environment
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXSeptember 13, 2016
The atmosphere is great in the patients homes. MAnagement needs to work on communication skills and the co-workers are very helpful when it comes to having to figure out what kind of activities to do with the patients.
great
LVN (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CASeptember 12, 2016
excellent team work, rewarding environment. wonderful doctors and nurses. good learning experience on how the human body reacts differently and yet the same to withdrawal from chemical substances
Excellent Company to Work For
Administrator Assistant - Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 23, 2016
A company with great co workers and will appreciate any hard working individual. Very patient in teaching new employees. Usually no overtime work.
A Job To Start With
Courier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2016
A typical day at work is picking up and delivering packages across NYC. You can be a biker, driver, or walker who utilizes the subway system. The most enjoyable part of the job was befriending co-workers and even one of the dispatchers. The hardest part of the job was receiving frequent complaints of dissatisfaction from the boss via the dispatchers.
Pros
Made new friends
Cons
Sly remarks from upper management
No pay
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJuly 22, 2016
Worked for champion staffing and never got paid horrible company to work for. Now I keep getting calls to go back. I'll never work for them again
Cons
Assit with daily living skills
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 17, 2016
A great place to work to gain new exerience, to demonstate talent and skills,promotional opportunities enable me to make a contribution while developing new skills.
Pros
Weekly pay/schedule/small case load
Cons
Hourly wages/