Champions Extended Learning Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Site Director (Former Employee), WashingtonMay 18, 2014
Pros: get to work in an elementary school setting
Cons: everything else
I don't know about the other locations, but I do know about my experience as a Site Director here in WA state. I was only there for a month, but from the first two days I already started hearing negative comments from the other Site Directors about how it is a horrible place to work, and that the Manager doesn't get back to you, and is very disorganized. I don't usually listen to what others say, but I did find out myself within weeks. When a 4th grade kid KNOWN for major behavioral issues (even the custodian and lunch lady told me they thought he stole my money from my wallet), and the rest of the staff also knows his dishonest reputation, made a false statement about me. This led to the manager putting me on a probation, and saying they investigated and found i was guilty. Guilty of what? There was no proof of anything, and my record is as clean as a whistle. I quit before I could ever go back to that horrible company. Thing is, you would think the manager would have been understandig enough to care about her employees, to realize a child with severe behavioral issues had the capability of making up lies about a teacher he didn't like? Overall, I have moved on to much bigger and better things in my teaching career, and put them behind me. But I want to warn you that this is a horrible company, that i would never recommend to anyone.
Interesting Tutoring Program
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Southfield, MIDecember 16, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: poor telephone customer service for parents
I enjoyed working with the children in grades ranging from head start to 8th grade. Considering I've always working with and tutored younger children I found implementing the prescribed programs along with occasionally teaching basic martial arts self-defense rewarding. Working with my many, ever-changing co-workers was for the most part enjoyable; working at different schools with different program administrators, school administrators, etc allowed the development of valuable troubleshooting skills. What I found most challenging was attempting to implement the extended lesson plan to students who were already worn out from their primary schooling; however allowing the children quiet time, or free time prior to the lesson plan allowed for a smoother run. I can honestly say working with and getting to know the children was the most enjoyable part.
chaotic, unprofessional, unorganized
Site Teacher (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2012
Pros: a job
Cons: bad management
The Champions experience has been horrible. The management is young and very childish and very unprofessional. They do not have proper supervision tactics setup. Its crazy!