Champions Employee Reviews in United States

Great Staff to work with
Pre K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAJuly 17, 2016
I loved working at champions because the staff is friendly and reliable. I had an amazing time. The director is very professional and loves her job as well as the teachers. I gained a lot of experience working with them.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Payment
I got a promotion within a week
Auto welder (Former Employee) –  York, SCJune 6, 2016
This was a great company to work for unfortunately they got bought by the competition and had to relocate to another state
Pros
It was a friendly work place every one got along
Interesting Place to learn more and adapt those ideas in reality
Chief Sales & Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  NevadaMay 16, 2016
• Consult and provide direction to business owners & operators on how to ignite sales growth
• Propose and execute strategic plans to increase revenue with emphasis on grassroots marketing
• Provide merchandising tactics using social media, website, email, and events to influence B2B and consumer buying behaviours
• Hold full responsibility for effective on-boarding of new clients; understand their requirements and present customized and creative solutions to help them meet their goals. Identify & drive all digital media strategies
• Plan, design, prepare marketing plans with timelines and oversee the execution of digital marketing campaigns by delegating tasks to the concerned delivery teams
• Ensure campaigns are set up correctly, identify and resolve issues quickly to avoid unhappy customers and potential revenue loss to the company
• Analyze campaign data, spot areas of improvement and make suggestions &/or recommendations in campaign execution process for better performance
• Act as the key interface between the customer and all internal departments
• Formulate new strategies to create opportunities in new target markets through the sales teams and individually
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Gym Facility and Free Massage and Spa
Great Job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 30, 2015
Loved the people I worked with. They taught me the ins and outs of being a great CNA. How its not just about knowing skills but caring for the patients as if they were your own family.
Pros
great job to learn from
Cons
no benefits, no future, no pay check securiety
Love kids
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 5, 2015
The job was fun, but management was harsh, rude, & unfriendly. I worked alone. Hard part was rowdy kiddo's, enjoyable was the children would hug me daily.
Pros
Cons
worked even on no school days.
Productive, labor intensive place to work.
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJune 30, 2015
Champions started my career with Marriott International and for that I am very grateful. The hours were long, intense, and non-stop but I was able to advance in the company quickly and travel the world.
Pros
Free lunch, room for advancement.
Cons
Long hours, working holidays frequently.
cool place
Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  san joseJune 18, 2015
Always engage with the students
multi-task at all times
Prepare for the next activities
my co-workers would give me ideas on how to manage the students but make it in a fun way
The hardest part was in the beginning when I was thrown in the field
Before and After school care
Site Director- Before and After School Care (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, OHJune 4, 2015
Champions is a great place to let me apply my early childhood education degree. I had creative control on lesson plans, and educational demands. I love working with children!
fun workplace
Site Director (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 23, 2015
There is no typical day at work, i learn something new each day. i have learned how to handle childrens behaviors and have developed better communication skills. My co-workers are great people to work with. The hardest part about my job is making sure all the children are having fun and being safe at the same time
Lack of Effective Training
Site Director/Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILApril 4, 2015
I enjoyed working with the kids, school and families, but the managers were very out of touch with daily practices. It was a pleasure to work with my staff, and we created a very good team. We fostered great teamwork within our program, and reached out to other programs in our area. Our manager hardly came to visit us or view our program, and the lack of support was felt at times.
Great Warehouse
Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee) –  York, SCSeptember 19, 2014
Great work place
Learn how to loading and unload correct
Management is great
Co-workers are nice
Good hours and pay
Desk work
Administrative Assistant/Personal Asst (Former Employee) –  inglewoodJuly 27, 2014
Champions is a after school program who works with the school alimo in Inglewood and alimo la n etc
I fit it
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mclean, VAJuly 16, 2014
I love cars and to clean them and to talk to owners of really nice cars is something that I enjoy doing. And its a great team building experience for those that lack it.
Fun place to work, great gym setting
Summer Coach at Champions WAYA (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2014
Teen employees would arrive an hour before the kids showed up to camp to set up gymnastics stations, arts and crafts, and have a meeting about the day's tasks. We'd also stay an hour after the kids left to clean up. The kids arrived at 9am (the camps were Mon-Fri 9am-3pm) and we would split into our groups. Each group would lead their kids through stations, which included gymnastics, bounce (on a tumble track), bars & beam, and more. My co-workers were the same age as I was, some of whom I am still friends with today. The hardest part of the job was probably waking up as early as I do during the school year, but it was not a big deal at all while I got to experience the most enjoyable part of the job-seeing the kids having a great time and improving their skills.
Great Place to work
teacher (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 1, 2014
The job is difficult because of the hours, but working with the children and families is great. You really get to know everyone.
Coloring and playing games all day, what could be better?
Teacher Assistnat (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMarch 26, 2014
We came into work set up the room, waited for children to arrive, signed them in and began the day. Very fun coming to work and interacting with children all day. Co workers that i worked with were very nice.
Explosively busy
Chef De Partie, Garde Manger, Raw Bar (Former Employee) –  Willets Point, NYMarch 1, 2014
Loved it, Fast paced environment, however it was seasonal, non stop
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
seasonal
great place
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Branch, NJFebruary 27, 2014
sweet factory was a great place to work, watching people fill their bags to fill their sweet tooths, kids come in on weekends for candy before heading to the moives. it was a great place to create party favors, hurts that they closed in eatontown location, sweet factory was one of the best places i ever worked
Pros
seeing smiles on people faces, free few pounds of candy
Cons
no cons
Demanding but fun
Arts & Crafts Director of Crafts Club (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAFebruary 18, 2014
My day-to-day life at Champions was interesting, because I was expected to do everything that would make sure the club was a success and I didn't mind because it was my ultimate goal from the beginning. I was expected to take on the role of "Adult" even though was only in high school, and the things that were demanded of me were rediculous, since I didn't have any access to faculty resources.

It was inappropriate how they almost blatently refused to help me and expected that I deal with all of the problems that revolved around school faculty resources, resources I didn't have access to.
Cons
only $64/month, terrible supervisors (unhelpful)
Production
Assembler/Machine Operator/ Material Handler (Current Employee) –  York, SCOctober 8, 2013
I really enjoyed dis job I love working there the people were nice and sweet if u needed help they were rite there and most of it they worked with you to help u build your speed and to make u feel welcome I just hate that the out side world took dis good job from me but it was fun and loving which it lasted