Champions Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 19, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job is being around children all if your up for it. Making the children laugh.being able to help the children anyway you can.
Pros
Children, having fun
Cons
On your feet all day
Fun children's program
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHJune 3, 2017
I love working with children. Management and organization seemed to be an issue within the company. Lots of potential to be even better if right leader in charge.
Pros
Excellent learning program for children, safe and fun, great co-worker
Cons
Poor communication from management, minimal training, unorganized
Production
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Laurel, NCApril 19, 2017
When you go in to work you go to your station and begin to work you basically have a set of rules to follow when packing out someones order but its not hard at all. Sometimes you will have to work seven days straight without no time off.
Pros
Its a decent job
Cons
Not a job where you can really come up
I had my own maintenance shop
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 3, 2017
I liked the fact that I had my own shop to do repairs there as well as being of the work floor. I was able to take some of the equipment into the shop. I was able to store my own tools in shop as well.
Pros
Always learning how to work on different machinery
fun work place
Site Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILDecember 27, 2016
My typical day at work was very active. I would receive over 25 children after a long day in school. I would great them and I made a routine that they would have to follow daily therefore, I can keep order in the library where we were located. I would have to recognize each child attitude this would determine if they are going to have a good or bad day. I would have the kids put their book bags in their bends, they would have to find a book and read silently, I would take attendance, prepare their snacks, and after that I would start on their homework by grade level. Once all home works, are completed. We would have activity hours. This job kept me going fun, learning children behavior, and most of all enjoying seeing them learn.
Pros
listening to the students telling me about their day.
Cons
When a parent can't afford the program and the student can no longer attend.
Need better communication skills and compensation
LEAD TEACHER/SITE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 9, 2016
Lack of communication is a huge problem where my site is located from the principal to my managers. Also, the compensation is not worth the mileage between my split shift. This should be taken into consideration since they don't provide "real full-time" hours legally stated. Something needs to change.
Fun job best for college student
Site Director (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 11, 2016
Job was great, better suited for a larger community. Company is very strict about absences. You basically watch children before and after school with previosly set up activities.
Pros
Playing with kids for a job!
Cons
Hours
Good workplace.
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2016
Is a good place to work. Sometimes hard, long days. Gets really busy. There will be some days where you get all your work done and just sit there. There are a lot of events that take place there.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough people working there
Machine Operator- VAP Operator (Former Employee) –  Laurel Hill, NCJuly 31, 2016
A typical day at Champion was good until things went down hill by management. It always seemed that we worked hardest of the other two shift and was done wrong every time. There was slow days and longs days meaning the months of September to may was our lowest months. June to August was the months they made us work 7 days a week without no time off. I was close with some of my co-workers and I still communicate with some of them to this day. The most enjoyable part about the job is the people you work with and there many personalities to be around.
Great Staff to work with
Pre K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAJuly 17, 2016
I loved working at champions because the staff is friendly and reliable. I had an amazing time. The director is very professional and loves her job as well as the teachers. I gained a lot of experience working with them.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Payment
I got a promotion within a week
Auto welder (Former Employee) –  York, SCJune 6, 2016
This was a great company to work for unfortunately they got bought by the competition and had to relocate to another state
Pros
It was a friendly work place every one got along
Interesting Place to learn more and adapt those ideas in reality
Chief Sales & Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  NevadaMay 16, 2016
• Consult and provide direction to business owners & operators on how to ignite sales growth
• Propose and execute strategic plans to increase revenue with emphasis on grassroots marketing
• Provide merchandising tactics using social media, website, email, and events to influence B2B and consumer buying behaviours
• Hold full responsibility for effective on-boarding of new clients; understand their requirements and present customized and creative solutions to help them meet their goals. Identify & drive all digital media strategies
• Plan, design, prepare marketing plans with timelines and oversee the execution of digital marketing campaigns by delegating tasks to the concerned delivery teams
• Ensure campaigns are set up correctly, identify and resolve issues quickly to avoid unhappy customers and potential revenue loss to the company
• Analyze campaign data, spot areas of improvement and make suggestions &/or recommendations in campaign execution process for better performance
• Act as the key interface between the customer and all internal departments
• Formulate new strategies to create opportunities in new target markets through the sales teams and individually
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Gym Facility and Free Massage and Spa
Great Job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 30, 2015
Loved the people I worked with. They taught me the ins and outs of being a great CNA. How its not just about knowing skills but caring for the patients as if they were your own family.
Pros
great job to learn from
Cons
no benefits, no future, no pay check securiety
Love kids
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 5, 2015
The job was fun, but management was harsh, rude, & unfriendly. I worked alone. Hard part was rowdy kiddo's, enjoyable was the children would hug me daily.
Pros
Cons
worked even on no school days.
Productive, labor intensive place to work.
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJune 30, 2015
Champions started my career with Marriott International and for that I am very grateful. The hours were long, intense, and non-stop but I was able to advance in the company quickly and travel the world.
Pros
Free lunch, room for advancement.
Cons
Long hours, working holidays frequently.
cool place
Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  san joseJune 18, 2015
Always engage with the students
multi-task at all times
Prepare for the next activities
my co-workers would give me ideas on how to manage the students but make it in a fun way
The hardest part was in the beginning when I was thrown in the field
Before and After school care
Site Director- Before and After School Care (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, OHJune 4, 2015
Champions is a great place to let me apply my early childhood education degree. I had creative control on lesson plans, and educational demands. I love working with children!
fun workplace
Site Director (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 23, 2015
There is no typical day at work, i learn something new each day. i have learned how to handle childrens behaviors and have developed better communication skills. My co-workers are great people to work with. The hardest part about my job is making sure all the children are having fun and being safe at the same time
Lack of Effective Training
Site Director/Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILApril 4, 2015
I enjoyed working with the kids, school and families, but the managers were very out of touch with daily practices. It was a pleasure to work with my staff, and we created a very good team. We fostered great teamwork within our program, and reached out to other programs in our area. Our manager hardly came to visit us or view our program, and the lack of support was felt at times.
Great Warehouse
Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee) –  York, SCSeptember 19, 2014
Great work place
Learn how to loading and unload correct
Management is great